BajaNomad

Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after Car Crash

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Ken Bondy - 11-29-2009 at 11:22 AM

oldlady - your "philanderers" and "lost ball/Mulligan" responses are hilarious. So is yours toneart. I love it when a thread degenerates like this :)

oldlady - 11-29-2009 at 11:34 AM

I do too. To parapharse from the PGA, "You guys are really good !" Been laughing like hell all morning.

toneart - 11-29-2009 at 11:41 AM

It is not easy for literary degenerates to generate with proper decorum.:no: ;)

oldlady - 11-29-2009 at 11:48 AM

:lol: especially while sober...are we at the nineteenth yet?

oxxo - 11-29-2009 at 01:35 PM

Tiger says, "It was all his fault and his wife acted courageously."

My guess is the wife continued to use the nine iron on him when he got home from the hospital!

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Poor Tiger-----------everything was going so smoothly----------now THIS. It is probably Bush's fault, somehow.

Barry

Naw! There's a new whipping boy for the media in Washington!

Tiger to Troopers - Thanks, but No Thanks.

MrBillM - 11-29-2009 at 02:32 PM

After telling them to come back on Sunday for a chat, he told them today to try again Monday and, BTW, his Lawyer will be there.

Only an Idiot would talk to the Cops AFTER They said that "Charges are being considered".

Good Luck with that.

This Just In

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 02:46 PM

The circus just got its third ring! The alleged other woman is now represented by Gloria Allred. Geez.

Unfortunately, this may mess with his appearance at Sherwood Country Club this week. He didn't play last year because of the surgery. The tourney is for his charity. Guess we'll see soon.

[Edited on 11-29-2009 by Bajahowodd]

"..I Need a Kobe Special."

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 04:34 PM

I can't believe that none of you sports fanatics haven't picked up on this one.

It's dirty work, getting out of the rough, but sometimes you have to do it. Sigh.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/29/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-kob...

www.ASKOJ.com

Dave - 11-29-2009 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

Why spend the money?

Stab the biatch then get a 'downtown' jury.

wessongroup - 11-29-2009 at 05:43 PM

I was not going to bit on this, but after seeing it continue on......

In my short time on Baja Nomads I have seen two threads taken down as they were deemed to "heated" and/or not related to the "Baja" per se.

In both cases they death with the human condition as impacted by the Environment, and in the second case the impact of Industrialization on other races and/or Continents. Both which had relevancy to anyone living in or on the Baja Peninsula.

This thread does not have anything what so ever to do with the Baja, yet it goes on and on....

Liked "soulpatch's take... "Kind of pathetic voyeurism"

I don’t watch TV, or listen to the radio as I don’t want to be impacted by programming (if you can call it that) and/or the commercials which are coming at you every eight to ten minutes, with Logo’s, promo’s of coming events, and other messages going on even during the “program”. And on top of that, the commercials deal with: sex, sex, sex, and some more sex.. In some manner or another.

Yes this is a topic, and yes this kind of event does happen, it's called sex, and it occurs ALL the time... get over it..

Can we talk about something else other than Tiger getting his penis wet, and giggle about it? ……. Please

I’m sure there must be some adult links many here might enjoy more than this thread, if the “theme” of the posting is any gauge.

But I suppose I will have to leave that to others.. To determine what is a proper balance on the board.. and needs to be put to bed.

Thought I would get this in before the tread is judged ……… ahhhh I’m not sure anymore

BajaNuts - 11-29-2009 at 05:52 PM

I was just here for the jokes, I love all the wisecracks :lol:

This thread is WAY too Punny!!!:lol::lol::lol:

What can I say....I like CORN!

Tiger Woods don't influence me one way or another, but you can bet that the late night shows will have fodder for weeks on this one (IF the allegations are true).

:lol::lol::lol:

toneart - 11-29-2009 at 05:59 PM

I'm in it for the punny! :P:lol::lol::lol::bounce:

DENNIS - 11-29-2009 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

But I suppose I will have to leave that to others.. To determine what is a proper balance on the board.. and needs to be put to bed.

As a note of interest, yours is one of the longest posts in this thread. :lol::lol:

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 06:01 PM

Greedy Tony.:lol:

In the sprit of things

wessongroup - 11-29-2009 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

As a note of interest, yours is one of the longest posts in this thread. :lol::lol:

Why yes I do take my time Dennis, I don't just rush my way though....:P:P

toneart - 11-29-2009 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Greedy Tony.:lol:

Hey! Me 'n' Kobe's got game. :rolleyes:;D

DENNIS - 11-29-2009 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts
(IF the allegations are true).

That doesn't matter anymore. We're in it for character assasination now.
Do you think this will up his value as a roll model in certain communities? :lol::lol::lol:

A Man Approaches his Wife After an Argument

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 06:21 PM

"Will you sleep with me again after I give you a four million dollar diamond ring?"

"Why, yes, I will." she replies.

"Will you sleep with me again if I just say, 'I am very, very sorry?"

"Who do you think I am?", she asks. angrily.

He replies, sadly, "I guess we have established that; now, we are just negotiating."

[Edited on 11-30-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

The Gull - 11-29-2009 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

Why spend the money?

Stab the biatch then get a 'downtown' jury.

Nah, Tiger just needs to lay the "wood" to her more often.

BajaGringo - 11-29-2009 at 08:31 PM

Tiger does have a Baja connection so I think the story is news worthy. I am just wondering now if they will arrest Mrs. Woods for domestic violence???

oldlady - 11-30-2009 at 05:54 AM

Updating this thriller....a "headline" this morning says, "John Daly weighs in on Tiger" (and we think we are groany) Ouch. Our bruised swinger doesn't need any more heavy lifting. Maybe Daly will choose to lay up at a respectable distance.

Please replace your divots and have a good day.

BajaGringo - 11-30-2009 at 09:19 AM

Tiger and Daly now have something in common besides a long drive...

:rolleyes:

vandenberg - 11-30-2009 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Please replace your divots and have a good day.

Oldlady,
like you, I have this golf parlance down pretty well.
it's the actual game that escapes me.
Divot ???? one time you wouldn't know there was a club anywhere near the ground, while the next time there is a trench large enough to start a cathedral foundation.
The few times I watched the pros play, made me wonder what the hell I was doing out there.

Back to topic, sorry!!!:biggrin:

tripledigitken - 11-30-2009 at 09:37 AM

A few terms learned:

Kobe ring................diamond ring bought so you don't have to sleep on the couch

House ring.............the above ring costs as much as a typical house us peons live in

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

If Anyone Even Still Cares

Bajahowodd - 11-30-2009 at 03:20 PM

Must have been near life-threatening injuries. Tiger has announced he will not be traveling to Thousand Oaks to attend the tourney that funds the Tiger Woods Foundation. In fact, he will not be participating in competitive golf for the balance of 2009.

Barry A. - 11-30-2009 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Must have been near life-threatening injuries. Tiger has announced he will not be traveling to Thousand Oaks to attend the tourney that funds the Tiger Woods Foundation. In fact, he will not be participating in competitive golf for the balance of 2009.

-----which is only 4 more weeks------injuries can't be too bad.

I'll bet that Mrs. Tiger has blue eyes-------those "blue eyed folks" are killers!!! Thank Gawd my wife has dark brown eyes. :lol:

B

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-30-2009 at 03:38 PM

He is not going to open his mouth to the Police or District Attorney because if he does his wife will be arrested and charged with a crime. It could be a felony or a misdemeanor crime depending on the weapon used and on his injuries. Tiger is under no obligation to speak to the police and did the right thing by getting a lawyer to protect their rights. I am no lawyer but that is how I see it.

[Edited on 11-30-2009 by ELINVESTI8]

Bajahowodd - 11-30-2009 at 03:41 PM

I absolutely agree, David. They will wait a few months and hope it all blows over.

BajaGringo - 12-1-2009 at 08:51 PM

I like this guy's angle:

Tiger Woods doesn't owe anyone an explanation

...He owes us nothing, but he does owe it to The Tiger Woods Foundation to show up in Thousand Oaks, Calif., this week to host his golf tournament, the Chevron World Classic.

Hundreds of people, many of them volunteers, have worked year-round to put the tournament together to benefit his foundation. Players are coming from around the globe to help raise money.

Woods often talks about the importance of the foundation in his life. He shouldn't allow the embarrassment of this accident to make him suddenly camera-shy and hurt the success of this tournament and the long-term health of his foundation.

He should be there on Wednesday. He should call a news conference. Make it brief. No questions, please. Just give an outline of what happened in the pre-dawn hours of last Friday and give everyone an update on his physical condition.

Then on Thursday, he should pull out a driver and rip his first tee shot about 330 yards down the center of the fairway. And, once again, he should hear the cheers for the only thing that should matter to us: his golf game.

mtgoat666 - 12-1-2009 at 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
He is not going to open his mouth to the Police or District Attorney because if he does his wife will be arrested and charged with a crime.

well, he should spill the beans and make sure his wife is arrested for battery, so he can dump her more easily and move on to his club hopping with super models (he really can do better than the skank he allegedly has been seeing on the sly)

mtgoat666 - 12-1-2009 at 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
I like this guy's angle:

Tiger Woods doesn't owe anyone an explanation

...He owes us nothing, but he does owe it to The Tiger Woods Foundation to show up in Thousand Oaks, Calif., this week to host his golf tournament, the Chevron World Classic.

Hundreds of people, many of them volunteers, have worked year-round to put the tournament together to benefit his foundation. Players are coming from around the globe to help raise money.

Woods often talks about the importance of the foundation in his life. He shouldn't allow the embarrassment of this accident to make him suddenly camera-shy and hurt the success of this tournament and the long-term health of his foundation.

He should be there on Wednesday. He should call a news conference. Make it brief. No questions, please. Just give an outline of what happened in the pre-dawn hours of last Friday and give everyone an update on his physical condition.

Then on Thursday, he should pull out a driver and rip his first tee shot about 330 yards down the center of the fairway. And, once again, he should hear the cheers for the only thing that should matter to us: his golf game.

yes, he should show up even if he is not playing.

woody with a view - 12-2-2009 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
He is not going to open his mouth to the Police or District
Attorney because if he does his wife will be arrested and charged with a crime.

well, he should spill the beans and make sure his wife is arrested for battery, so he can dump her more easily and move on to his club hopping with super models (he really can do better than the skank he allegedly has been seeing on the sly)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

vandenberg - 12-2-2009 at 08:23 AM

Another skank crawled out off the woodwork.
Nobody seems to pay it a thought about how tough it would be for this guy to sneak around without getting recognized.
And for the lucky person who could place him in that kind of situation, a nice piece of change is waiting at one of the tabloids.:biggrin:

DENNIS - 12-2-2009 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Another skank crawled out off the woodwork.

Could be on the PR payroll. The more of these dirt-bags that join in, the less the credibility of all of them.

motoged - 12-2-2009 at 09:51 AM

Who cares?

Just in

bajajudy - 12-2-2009 at 10:02 AM

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by bajajudy]

tiger.JPG - 47kB

Bajahowodd - 12-2-2009 at 12:51 PM

The "other skank" referred to here turns out to have him dead to rights. e-mails, voice mails, pix. Weird though, she was a c-cktail waitress when they met. I guess the feeling of constant adulation clouds people's minds. That said, I read the take of one public relations guru who actually used Kobe Bryant as the example Tiger should emulate. Kobe's alleged transgression was seemingly much worse than Tiger's. Yet, he went public, confessed to adultery, and seems to be the biggest seller of NBA merchandise once again. Today, Tiger seemingly went public. How could he not have done so after all that was revealed? But it appears he's still not going to show at the tournament, where, even if he just showed up at the end to thank everyone, would seem to be the right thing to do.

Woooosh - 12-2-2009 at 12:57 PM

He just just start a reality show and make the best of it while his mistresses all battle it out...

"Some Simple Human Measure of Privacy": A Textual Analysis of Tiger Woods

Gypsy Jan - 12-2-2009 at 01:24 PM

http://jezebel.com/5417169/some-simple-human-measure-of-priv...

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

elgatoloco - 12-2-2009 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
[Edited on 12-2-2009 by bajajudy]

I call BS on that photo. I am 100% sure his wife uses Nike golf clubs! :smug:

capt. mike - 12-2-2009 at 03:09 PM

this is all i'll have to say on the subject.....

Apparently the police asked Tiger’s wife how many times she hit him. She said “I don’t know exactly, but put me down for a 5.”

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole-in-one.

What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

What was Elin doing out at 2.30 in the morning? Clubbing

Why did Tiger crashed into a fire hydrant AND a tree? He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron.

Why did Phil Mickelson call Elin yesterday? To pick up some tips on how to beat Tiger.

What is the penalty for getting it in the wrong hole? Ask Tiger, he knows.

Tiger drives very well on the fairway but doesn’t fare very well on the driveway. Rock me.

Whats the difference between a golf ball and a caddy? Tiger can drive a golf ball.

Nike wants to drop their endorsement due to accuracy problems. Apparently, Tiger’s spraying his balls everywhere.

It turns out that fixing Tiger’s game and fixing his marriage both require the same thing: better control over his putz. ??

Why was Tiger’s wife mad at him? She heard that he played a-round in Australia.

What will the headline be if they prove it is domestic violence? TIGER’S WIFE MAKES THE CUT

Given Tiger’s racial heritage can we call this a Black Thai affair?

Tiger just changed his nickname but still kept it in the cat family. Cheetah.

Elin Woods has a twin sister named Josephine. Know how to tell them apart? Elin is the one holding the bent 5 iron.

First words spoken to the paramedics by Tiger: Who are you? And what are all these trees doing in my living room?

Tiger Wood’s shirt is all red- problem is, there’s no tournament, and his veins are a pint low.

What does Tiger have in common with a baby seal? They’ve both been clubbed by a Norwegian

Credit to George Lopez

Gypsy Jan - 12-2-2009 at 03:41 PM

On his show last night, he commented: "Tiger Woods is half-black and half-Asian, right? Well the black side of him picked out the rims, and the Asian side was driving!"

Ba da bump.

toneart - 12-2-2009 at 04:12 PM

Stop! You're killing me! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...you are all getting good groans out of me today! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bajabass - 12-2-2009 at 04:15 PM

I knew it was just a matter of time!:wow::yes::tumble::biggrin:

vgabndo - 12-2-2009 at 04:28 PM

According to on-line information, Woods is a Buddist. At least THIS TIME we should be relieved of having to listen to the standard stupidity about the "devil made me do it." Now if he can just keep his karma from running him into any more trees..........sorry.

on scene foto, the morning after

woody with a view - 12-2-2009 at 04:43 PM

[Edited on 12-2-2009 by woody in ob]

tiger.jpg - 22kB

Confused, Mike?

Dave - 12-2-2009 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
It turns out that fixing Tiger’s game and fixing his marriage both require the same thing: better control over his putz. ??

PUTZ:

It's pronounced exactly like 'puts' and usually covers nuts.

Unless it's really cold.

DENNIS - 12-2-2009 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
According to on-line information, Woods is a Buddist.

He sure doesn't sound like the Dalai Lama when he pounds his ball into the rough. :lol:

Bajahowodd - 12-2-2009 at 05:46 PM

Time for your meditation, Dennis.

The Gull - 12-2-2009 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
According to on-line information, Woods is a Buddist.

He sure doesn't sound like the Dalai Lama when he pounds his ball into the rough. :lol:

Like the blonde rough and the brunette rough.

Woooosh - 12-2-2009 at 11:30 PM

Her $300 Million pre-nup and nanny skills should set her up for 10 lives. Maybe Tiger should try her twin sister next...

capt. mike - 12-3-2009 at 07:28 AM

Unless it's really cold.

you got that right Dave.....classic Sienfeld....the shrinkage episode....
yur phunny amigo.

DENNIS - 12-3-2009 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Her $300 Million pre-nup and nanny skills should set her up for 10 lives. Maybe Tiger should try her twin sister next...

Waddya mean, "Next?" Probably should be saying, "Again."

nobaddays - 12-3-2009 at 02:02 PM

Tigers new name.... CHEETA WOODS

One liners

The Gull - 12-3-2009 at 07:01 PM

Apparently, the police asked Tiger’s wife how many times she hit him. She said, “I don’t know exactly, but put me down for a 5.”

If the only person that can beat Tiger is a blonde with big breasts, it’s time for Phil Mickelson to bleach his hair.

What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

What does Tiger have in common with a baby seal? They’ve both been clubbed by a Norwegian.

What was Elin doing out at 2.30 in the morning? Clubbing

What is the penalty for getting it in the wrong hole? Ask Tiger, he knows.

Tiger drives very well on the fairway but doesn’t fare very well on the driveway.

Nike wants to drop their endorsement due to accuracy problems. Apparently, Tiger’s spraying his balls everywhere.

Why was Tiger’s wife mad at him? She heard that he played a-round in Australia.

What will the headline be if they prove it is domestic violence? TIGER’S WIFE MAKES THE CUT

Given Tiger’s racial heritage can we call this a Black Thai affair?

Elin Woods has a twin sister named Josephine. Know how to tell them apart? Elin is the one holding the bent 5 iron.

What do Tiger and the Beatles have in common? They both experienced a hit with Norwegian Wood.

Bob H - 12-3-2009 at 10:20 PM

Tiger on the Mend with his wife!! Latest PHOTO... Bob H

BajaGringo - 12-3-2009 at 11:02 PM

You know, as much as this photo keeps going around the web folks are going to start thinking it is real if Tiger keeps hiding. The guy has my sympathy as far as wanting privacy but unfortunately his fame is going to cost him, one way or another...

Stickers - 12-3-2009 at 11:06 PM

Funny how the title of this thread turned out to be true !! :yes:

tripledigitken - 12-4-2009 at 03:16 AM

They're coming out of the woodwork selling their stories about liasons with Tiger. Locally the one from Escondido talks of numberous meets with him in San Diego, (at the W Hotel).

Hey, Punta Bravo was just an excuse to his wife for all the visits to San Diego.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by tripledigitken]

The Gull - 12-4-2009 at 06:10 AM

Quote:
You know, as much as this photo keeps going around the web folks are going to start thinking it is real if Tiger keeps hiding. The guy has my sympathy as far as wanting privacy but unfortunately his fame is going to cost him, one way or another...

Sympathy for a guy who can beat all the world's golfers, whose net worth is $1B, has a total fox as a wife and has screwed multiple hot babes across the country for years - SYMPATHY is not the word I would use for this dude.

What other words could be used to describe this dude or your feelings toward him?

Unschooled

wessongroup - 12-4-2009 at 07:03 AM

For almost a half a billion dollars... his Dad taught him golf, but sure didn't tell about this subject.. there are other way to do this.. I see folks writing about a place call Antothy's (sp) in Ensenada.. would think 300 million would go a long way there... don't think any of the girls would be asking that much for it... I hear that Fishbuck has some knowledge in this area... perhaps he would share with us.. how far would $300,000,000 United States dollars go in paying for "it"... seems Mr Woods did not think clearly about what was available to HIM with all his money:):):)

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by wessongroup]

Diver - 12-4-2009 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Quote:

Sympathy for a guy who can beat all the world's golfers, whose net worth is $1B, has a total fox as a wife and has screwed multiple hot babes across the country for years - SYMPATHY is not the word I would use for this dude.

What other words could be used to describe this dude or your feelings toward him?

I've been married much longer than Tiger.
I have had women through themselves at me over the years.
I have never considered being unfaithful to my wife.
He is an A$$.

Maybe they'll call it a "Tiger" ring now ?
He's famous, after all, isn't that cute ?
He's an A$$.

So he can play golf like Michael Jordan played basketball.
Who cares; he's still an A$$.

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Diver]

mulegemichael - 12-4-2009 at 07:33 AM

i understand tiger will now be known as "cheetah" on the tour.

vandenberg - 12-4-2009 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver

I have had women throw themselves at me over the years.
I have never considered being unfaithful to my wife.

You and Jimmy Carter.:biggrin::biggrin:

This thread was missing a dog picture. Nomad postings need a dog picture.

The Gull - 12-4-2009 at 06:10 PM

baja dog.jpg - 20kB

Dave - 12-4-2009 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
missing a dog picture...

Did Tiger #^*% the dog, too?

The Gull - 12-4-2009 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
missing a dog picture...

Did Tiger #^*% the dog, too?

Does the dog look happy?

Have heard the expression of screwing the pooch?

Cheetah had to up his Pre-nup to $80M from $20M with wifey today. He is in negotiation with Gloria Allred for a fortune for the hump job in Aus. He has worked a deal with the waitress for $1M and how many more will be surfacing we don't know.

Now there will be ladies on this board who will cheer the wifey for upping the pre-nup, but that is only for the next two years of the ten year pre-nup. After that she makes no more.

What do we call men who pay women to sleep with them and parade them around on their arms?

What do we call the women who do it?

Again, does the dog look happy?

vgabndo - 12-4-2009 at 10:38 PM

You've got it right Diver, just another rich-a$$ a$$.

Somewhere along the line, it seems, a whole lot of our neighbors lost touch with the concept of honor and commitment; the virtue of responsibility and accountability.

I had so many sub-contractor on my jobsites who just couldn't resist bragging about their extra-marital sexploits that I learned a good trick. Virtually every time one of these yoyos got himself into a position of earning a 48 hour notice to leave the job, because of failure to perform he would come to me begging for yet another chance. "I'll get back on schedule, I'll replace all the defective work, you've got to trust me on this." I'd just look 'em in the eye and say: "If your own wife can't trust you, how big a fool would I be if I trusted you?" I never got an answer.

It is worth thinking about if you are one of the jerks cheating on his wife. Worth remembering, too, when someone you think you can trust confides to you that his wife can't trust him.

toneart - 12-4-2009 at 11:37 PM

This is a great post, Vgabndo! I appreciate your recognition of what a cheater is...a person not to be trusted by anyone. :no:

Still Rich after all that Stuff

MrBillM - 12-5-2009 at 05:04 PM

When I heard them say that Tiger might be doing a rewrite on his Pre-Nup to give his wife a Potential 55 Million, I wondered How could it be worth that ?

Then, I heard later that he's good for a Hundred Million a year in Endorsements. Makes sense to keep her, after all, even at that price.

monoloco - 12-5-2009 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
What do we call men who pay women to sleep with them and parade them around on their arms?

Perro Callejero

Bajahowodd - 12-5-2009 at 05:22 PM

Self-righteous people. Let's leave the Bible and religion out of this. Anthropologists tend to agree that monogamy goes against human nature. Historically, humans had a very short life cycle. And many women died in childbirth. One of the fundamental needs of man is to procreate. From the most recent census figures, it look like mankind has done an exemplary job of populating the planet. I applaud those who are truly able to practice monogamy successfully for a lifetime. It actually does take effort. However, what I can't grasp is how our society seems to create a feeding frenzy in a shark tank, whenever someone, especially someone in the public eye merely acts as he was programmed to do.

bajamigo - 12-5-2009 at 06:00 PM

Nice ricochet thinking. You have my vote for pedant of the month.

Bajahowodd - 12-5-2009 at 06:02 PM

I'll take that as an insult!:cool:

stimbo - 12-5-2009 at 06:05 PM

Tiger has a problem controlling his "wood."

mulegemichael - 12-5-2009 at 06:06 PM

good idea

DENNIS - 12-5-2009 at 07:28 PM

It surprises me that no one has brought up how this story has played out in Mexico, a country where "The other woman" is part of the culture. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that, down here, Tiger's mortal sin wasn't that he cheated but, that he got caught.

vgabndo - 12-5-2009 at 09:51 PM

How odd:

Am I hearing you say that a modern married man should be excused for violating his promise to his wife, is community, and his god (if he was married in church) because he is less a thinking being than a barbarian with an erection?

Keeping one's agreements, and being accountable for one's actions is part of what allows a man to stand as a man among men. I don't have to fear a god to do it. I don't have to fear my wife to do it. I just do it because it is the right thing to do. Is it always easy? No. But, I have an agreement with MYSELF to be responsible and accountable. I don't want to have to be accountable, so I choose to be responsible. As an atheist I don't have (nor want) the option to fall to my knees and beg forgiveness. I have to live with the fall-out of my actions. There is no easy way out.
A man keeps his word, and he doesn't blame his weakness on his barbarian past.

Hell, Howodd, by your argument there is nothing wrong with rape, right? That can't be right!

Sharksbaja - 12-6-2009 at 12:33 PM

Tiger Woods is a dick. Maybe it's time HE got the shaft.

BajaGringo - 12-6-2009 at 01:36 PM

And the reported affairs just keep popping up in the news. Some have given some pretty intimate details and my guess is Tiger's image is pretty well trashed forever; even if he does exceed Jack's 18 majors.

If he does, it will probably be something akin to Bonds passing Aaron's homer mark...

Not Just Mexico

Bajahowodd - 12-6-2009 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
It surprises me that no one has brought up how this story has played out in Mexico, a country where "The other woman" is part of the culture. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that, down here, Tiger's mortal sin wasn't that he cheated but, that he got caught.

The idea of a man having a wife separate and apart from other women he sleeps with can be found in many cultures that cross many religions. Think of places like Europe and Japan. American culture arises from its Puritan roots and I doubt that whether it's Tiger Woods or the Prime Minister of Italy, much of the rest of the world would look at this with little more than passive bemusement, if that.

That said, I really don't see how vgabndo can remotely suggest that I would somehow condone rape. Where'd that come from?

toneart - 12-6-2009 at 02:25 PM

Howard,
What you say is true regarding our puritanical roots. However, you are confusing two different moral standards. You are talking about puritanical/sexual morals. Vgabndo and Diver is talking about Trust; a measure of honor; a pact with himself, his wife, his family and every other person with whom he maintains a contract dependent on reciprocity. :)

wessongroup - 12-6-2009 at 02:49 PM

Moral standards.... you must be kidding.. with a $300,000,000 dollar prenup... I suppose there is some ground for the "morality argument"

However, something is broken when over 70% of the male population is not married and the divorce rate is , I'll use a conservative number 48.5%. Plus recent polls indicated that more than at least 50% of all married couples admit to having extramarital affairs.

Not condoning it.. at all.. just that is the way it is today in the United States of America.

Hero's the like of Kobe, Tiger, Ana Nicole Smith el al.... ahhhhhh morality.. I don't think so..

Reflection of our "culture" and "values" think so.. and I'm sure that Tiger would rather be "rollin" in an Escalade bumbin strong, than in that Buick.. but he have to say good by to the endorsements and the ability to play golf with the nice kids....

Man this is to close to Orange County Housewife's... I'm gone

:P:P

Bajahowodd - 12-6-2009 at 02:51 PM

Tony. I get confused easily. But can you explain, then, given the attitudes of, say, the Europeans, how does that fit? Are you saying that a wife in Europe expects her husband to have a dalliance now and then, so there is no dependence on trust?

toneart - 12-6-2009 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Tony. I get confused easily. But can you explain, then, given the attitudes of, say, the Europeans, how does that fit? Are you saying that a wife in Europe expects her husband to have a dalliance now and then, so there is no dependence on trust?

Yes! Some cultures are more promiscuous. It is considered more normal and done with a wink and a nod, usually by the male and it doesn't matter much, in those cultures, the the woman doesn't like it or is hurt.

I am saying, in whatever culture, trust is whatever agreement you make. What Vgabndo and Diver is talking about is the agreements they made with their wives, presumably Love driven. That agreement is expected to be honored through hard times and times of temptation. If that is the agreement you make, you have to expect that it works both ways. Would you want to be honoring your side of the pact and unbeknownst to you, your wife is cheating?

Some couples, in our culture too, engage in an "open relationship"; it is OK to have sixx with other people. For them, that would have nothing to do with fidelity or Love or trust. It is merely a body exchange...recreation. For them, that is their agreement. They trust that their marriage will endure. I am not condoning this. It wouldn't work for me, but for others, it has saved marriages.

Bajahowodd - 12-6-2009 at 04:33 PM

Funny thing is that I just heard a piece by Michael Josephson (Character Counts) berating the media for hyping the Woods story. Josephson considers himself among the world's premier ethicists. Still think it goes back to what I was saying about the Puritans. We love to condemn folks for what is considered unethical (or more pointedly in this country, immoral) behavior. But what we love even more is to wallow in the joy of it. Holier than thou comes to mind.

BajaGringo - 12-6-2009 at 04:36 PM

We need a good Baptist here to settle this once and for all...

:lol:

Flirting With the Oxymarooon.

Bajahowodd - 12-6-2009 at 04:47 PM

Quote:

Hit me!:lol:

vandenberg - 12-6-2009 at 04:49 PM

I saw in some UK tabloid, that some new skanks surfaced.
They're not getting any prettier.:lol:

Eight Mistresses To Date - More to Surface?

Gypsy Jan - 12-6-2009 at 05:40 PM

"The Many Troubles of Tiger Woods: A Mistress Dossier (Updated)"

http://gawker.com/5419853/the-many-troubles-of-tiger-woods-a...

DENNIS - 12-6-2009 at 06:04 PM

Eight Mistresses To Date - More to Surface?

So this will probably turn into some unavoidable sex addiction deal and everybody will feel sorry for Tiger if he receives counseling.
Poor baby. He couldn't help himself.

Oh well, I'm a Phil Mickelson fan anyway.

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by DENNIS]

Odd Analogy ?

MrBillM - 12-6-2009 at 06:08 PM

???????????????

"If he does, it will probably be something akin to Bonds passing Aaron's homer mark"... "

Bonds used Steroids to improve his game.

Perhaps Woods used Viagra, but it was for a different game and the strokes don't go into the record book.

Well, none of the record books that count.

BajaGringo - 12-6-2009 at 06:37 PM

True Mr. Bill, I only meant that there was a serious lack of public celebration of Bond's passing the HR mark and I suspect the same will happen with Tiger if he passes Jack's major's mark.

The reasons are different but I suspect the end result will be the same...

Thanks I needed that

wessongroup - 12-6-2009 at 07:36 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and that "Cadillac Margarita" sounds really good right now.. what is it?.. oh, that's right we are supposed to stay on topic.. Does Tiger Woods drink Cadillac Margarita's

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by wessongroup]

BajaGringo - 12-6-2009 at 07:52 PM

I think we ought to set up a Cadillac Margarita booth at the next convention of the southern Baptists. That should really enlighten them a bit...

:lol::lol::lol:

Official BajaGringo Cadillac Margarita Recipe

BajaNuts - 12-6-2009 at 08:52 PM

oh Man! I could use one of those Cadillac Margies right now!

I'm off-line for days and now trying to catch up! or is it Ketchup?

ANYWAY-

In response to the theory that it is normal for a male to mate with as many females of their species as possible, I would counter that it is also the instinct of the females of the species to search out and mate with the strongest of the species.

SO- when little miss Secretary gets caught in bed with the boss, it's not her fault, she's not a floozy, she's just doing her part as dictated by evolution to strengthen the species as she looks to the strongest man in her "world"!

Now, .....that is the "devil-made-me-do-it" excuses, and I really appreciate Toneart's comments on commitment and honor.

What is acceptable in some people's personal relationships which may involve multiple partners, may not be acceptable in another's relationship.

When a person makes a promise to be faithful to one person, they should honor that promise or get out. There are "open" relationships where both partners are free to engage in whatever extra-marital relationships they desire and the other partner knows and agrees to those terms.

And often people marry and then quickly realize it was a mistake. Get out, move on~~~
Carrying on long-term extra-marital affairs is not good!

I haven't even looked at the tabloid expose's of "the other women", because I think it's a lot of feeding frenzy right now, so I'll wait to see what bait rises to the top and what sinks to the bottom....

arrowhead - 12-6-2009 at 10:06 PM

I've just been mildly amused reading this thread. In many other cultures, what Tiger did would be a non-issue. The French are probably saying something like, "WTF is all the commotion about?" The Mexicans have the same attitude, and it is even ingrained into their societal values. In Mexico, a man can get a group health insurance policy that covers himself, his wife, kids, parents, MISTRESS and CONCUBINE.

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by arrowhead]

Iflyfish - 12-6-2009 at 10:30 PM

5800 plus views of this topic. I wonder if this matches Tiger's strokes?

I missed it, did she use his driver or wood?

Iflyfish

BajaNuts - 12-6-2009 at 10:35 PM

BUT~ arrowhead~

can a wife get a health insurance policy for her husband, her kids, their parents, her lover, her slave and that good-looking pool-cleaner-guy?

NO???? She can't get that insurance? ????

WTH? Why NOT?

OOOHHHH! WOMEN are not supposed to have more than one (..uuuhhmmm.... keeping it polite here.....) malepersonalprivatepart

while males are allowed to wander their privates all over the place!

It wasn't too many years ago when it was "allowed" that the "Massa" could have his way with anny purrty young thin' that was in his "possession"...

Just saying, what's good for the gander is good for the goose....

don't go saying that's it socially acceptable for the male to "step out" but not for the female to "step out"...............

If it's acceptable in French and Mexican cultures for the males to have extra-marital affairs, then the males of those cultures should be equally acceptable to their females of having extra-marital affairs.

Pages:  1  2    4  5