BajaNomad

REQUEST FOR PERMISSION TO EMBED SOUND IN A THREAD YOU GENERATE [MANUAL PLAY IS ON]

Pages:  1  2

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
[flash= 75x75]http://www.youtube.com/v/k4WSjkMGlP4&manualplay=1[/flash]
While I could be mistaken, I do not believe there is a "manualplay" variable. It's either autoplay=1 (on) or autoplay=0 (off; default). As =0 is the default, if there's no "autoplay=1" variable included, the item will not autoplay - it'll be up to the user to hit the "play" button for the item.

btw... the proper setting on this board would be autoplay=0 (off), allowing users to decide yes or no. Otherwise it's clearly "objectionable material".

;)

-
Doug

Doug, Just so you know, &manualplay=1 does work:o

Ahem...I stand corrected!:lol:

[Edited on 1-2-2010 by ELINVESTI8]

k-rico - 1-2-2010 at 04:10 PM

"Doug, Just so you know, &manualplay=1"

Perhaps, thankfully, that's the default. Also, maybe passing in player parameters using the location for the audio/video file might be a bit difficult.

Keep trying.

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico

Perhaps, thankfully, that's the default. Also, maybe passing in player parameters using the location for the audio/video file might be a bit difficult.

Keep trying.

Why Thank You K-Rico, how magnanimous of you!I will take that as a:

1. Yes Elinvesti8 I give you my expressed permission to embed any sound into any of the threads I generate here on Baja Nomad and any other thread you deem appropriate to enhance. I further acknowledge that you will not be required to delete anything you embed in my thread or that of others even though I/we may hate what you embed in our threads.” :lol:

toneart - 1-2-2010 at 04:58 PM

Quote:

Keep trying.

What's it all about, Alfie? I'm clueless. All I know how to do is turn the knob to the left on my right speaker, albeit sometimes too late.:?:

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:

Keep trying.

What's it all about, Alfie? I'm clueless. All I know how to do is turn the knob to the left on my right speaker, albeit sometimes too late.:?:

Tony I'm clueless too. Isn't it obvious after this thread. :lol:

tripledigitken - 1-2-2010 at 05:18 PM

No.

Why should those of us not interested have to turn our speakers down? Seems like a very selfish point of view on your part David.

Ken

DianaT - 1-2-2010 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I had to ponder this one awhile......what did it really mean.......confusing.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
No

I will take that as a:

2. “No Elinvesti8 I do not give you my permission to embed sounds into a thread I generate here on Baja Nomad.”

Guess I should have been a little less verbose. :lol::lol:

Bajahowodd - 1-2-2010 at 05:25 PM

Work must be slow. Eh, David?:yawn:

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Work must be slow. Eh, David?:yawn:

This weekend, yes!:lol:

comitan - 1-2-2010 at 05:37 PM

David

I think its time to jump, the ship is sinking!!!!!!!!!!!

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
No.

Why should those of us not interested have to turn our speakers down? Seems like a very selfish point of view on your part David.

Ken

That was not my point of view Ken. It's ok now! I will not be doing any autoplay or Loop embeds in anyone's thread. Even in those that gave me permission. I may put one in mine but there will be a warning before you open it!

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
David

My life raft is standing by.

tripledigitken - 1-2-2010 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No.

Ken

That was not my point of view Ken. It's ok now! I will not be doing any autoplay or Loop embeds in anyone's thread. Even in those that gave me permission. I may put one in mine but there will be a warning before you open it!

David,

I expected that you wouldn't think it was selfish. Just putting it out as an observation.

Ken

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
David

My life raft is standing by.

Although I disagree with what David was originally asking about here (spontaneous music in the threads), I would like to thank him for

1. Asking in the first place;
  2. Carrying on the discussion in an unusually civilized manner for a controversial subject.

--Larry

Larry I sincerely thank you too for all the help you gave me in trying to solve the problem.

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2010 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.

Ken

David,

I expected that you wouldn't think it was selfish. Just putting it out as an observation.

Ken

Ken all is well. I did not take it as being bad.

maspacifico - 1-3-2010 at 05:18 PM

Anyone know how embedding music files into a thread affects how much bandwidth is used up? I and a lot of Nomads that live down here, am on a satellite system for our internet and when we exceed our allotted bandwidth our service is slowed down to a crawl. I don't download music, youtube, tv shows, etc. because of that. If embedding this stuff, even if I don't open it, causes a slowdown on our system........

k-rico - 1-3-2010 at 05:53 PM

Another good reason to forbid autoplay multimedia. Folks have been saying just turn your speakers off, but when your working with limited bandwidth, autoplay hurts regardless.

shari - 1-4-2010 at 11:58 AM

I just saw this thread as I have been kinda busy having fun in the sun lately with friends and family and decided when it got to 5 pages, I better have a peek...pretty entertaining all righty.
I for one love the silly cartoon and the music has also cracked me up...I'm always appreciative of someone who can make me laugh....so knock yourself out David ....but i would hate to affect peoples band width thingies so it would be better to give folks the choice to listen or not....so this translates to .....

“Yes Elinvesti8 I give you my expressed permission to embed sounds into any thread I generate here on Baja Nomad with the understanding you will delete it if I do not like it.”

Udo - 1-4-2010 at 12:21 PM

Ey, compadre...
You my permission to imbed any sound you wish on my threads. I just wish I knew how to do it myself...as well as some of your comical characters.

Happy New Year, buddy!

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-4-2010 at 12:30 PM

Thank you Shari and Udowinkler for you consent and I hope your guys’ New Year will be great and prosperous. On this front, it has been decided for me after considerable debate that I will not be embedding any sounds stuck on Auto or Loop into anyone's thread but my own. It was truly an innocent attempt to do something creative and humorous but it backfired. Again I thank you both for your kind words.

David Elinvesti8 M.

As usual by the usual suspects!

[Edited on 1-5-2010 by ELINVESTI8]

DENNIS - 1-4-2010 at 12:37 PM

Thanks, David, for an admirable effort.

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-4-2010 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Thanks, David, for an admirable effort.

Thanks Dennis...

k-rico - 1-4-2010 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
I will not be embedding any sounds stuck on Auto or Loop into anyone's thread but my own.

David Elinvesti8 M.

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-4-2010 at 04:15 PM

K-Rico, Thank you! I will accept it with the same benevolence you give it.
 Pages:  1  2