BajaNomad

Road Block Bandits

Pages:  1  2  

DENNIS - 3-12-2010 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smlslikfish
This happened to me last year near our home in La Costilla,
2 car loads of men with a flashing red light tried to stop my wife and I late at night. I swiftly maneuvered around them and continued right up to the edge of a small CLIFF at the site of a new bridge. They were only trying to warn me. DOH!!!

Who in their right mind wouldn't have done exactly what you did.

pssst.....don't drive at night.

smlslikfish - 3-12-2010 at 03:47 PM

Yeah Yeah I know, but it's so pretty driving through the desert at night. ;)

Bajahowodd - 3-12-2010 at 05:21 PM

Only when there is a moon. But yet, the cattle and wildlife don't distinguish.

David K - 3-12-2010 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smlslikfish
This happened to me last year near our home in La Costilla,
2 car loads of men with a flashing red light tried to stop my wife and I late at night. I swiftly maneuvered around them and continued right up to the edge of a small CLIFF at the site of a new bridge. They were only trying to warn me. DOH!!!

Mexican people are great... and go so far out of their way to help us have a good time in their country.

DENNIS - 3-12-2010 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Mexican people are great...

Some are....Some arn't. The helpful one's will be there in your time of need.
The other's will fry your balls and feed them to you.
Ain't what it used to be. Right, David? You do know this, doncha.

grmpb - 3-12-2010 at 07:38 PM

maybe breathalizer tests b4 posting?:(

Bajaboy - 3-12-2010 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb

That would eliminate half of the posters:lol:

mtgoat666 - 3-12-2010 at 07:55 PM

Quote:

Mexican people are great... and go so far out of their way to help us have a good time in their country.

Good to know that you will keep a smile on your face as they rob and pistol whip you :lol:

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by mtgoat666]

rts551 - 3-12-2010 at 07:57 PM

Honey. this is getting good. pls go get me another beer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb

That would eliminate half of the posters:lol:

woody with a view - 3-12-2010 at 08:07 PM

i resemble those last two traits, but i absolutely MUST hear about the kayak!!!!!

was it the S.S. Pacifico?:?:

rts551 - 3-12-2010 at 08:23 PM

whoaaaaa honey get a sixer pls

Sharksbaja - 3-13-2010 at 02:49 AM

I think a 12 pack is in order!!:tumble:

Cypress - 3-13-2010 at 05:32 AM

Driving thru the desert along a dirt trail at 10 mph is a lot different than driving down hwy 1 at 55 mph. If you hit a cow at 10 mph my guess would be it's already dead. Regarding David K. His posts are usually very informative with maps and pictures included.

bajafam - 3-13-2010 at 09:03 AM

and there it goes....*ducks head and backs out of thread*
"Play nice, kids!"
seriously, you guys crack me up! I <3 ya!

David K - 3-13-2010 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Yah Dennis... but there are bad people in the USA too... and there are bad cars made in the USA too... and there is GOOD as well.

Unlike some Nomads, I like to focus on the good, and only report bad if it might affect someone's vacation. For example, if I didn't like a kid asking for a tip I wouldn't trash his entire family and steer people away from a beautiful site, or remove my photos of that site. :light:

Now, why don't you tell everyone about the kayak that you never paid for???

You sincerely have absolutely no character nor class.

Huh??? I don't have a kayak... never had a kayak! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

perhaps that's because you did not pay for it :lol:

=============================================

Right... I am not paying for something I don't have! :lol::lol::lol:

Since I posted that reply to jdtrotter/ Diana T, I remembered what the heck she must have picked up!

Former Nomad 'Roberto' (years ago) started posting false things about me on another Baja forum, which I countered with truth/ facts.

One of those accusations was that my kids let one of Doc's rental kayaks (at Camp Gecko) get away... Roberto was relentless in keeping this fabrication alive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rented a kayak (and yes, I payed for it) and when my kids were done with it, it was returned to the same place where we picked it up (I was there)... Later on, some other kid(s) took that kayak out ad didn't pull it up above the high tide line... what we were told.

Doc found the kayak later, down the bay and towed it back...

After Roberto statred the bs story about my children being the ones who let it float away, I contacted Doc and asked him how that story was started. Doc told me that for him, the issue was over, he had the kayak, case closed... He was not going to say anything bad about Robero (a renter at Gecko then, or me, a frequent customer/ promoter of Gecko).

Like with jdtrotter (Diana T), I have tried to make peace with Roberto... There are just some people who don't seem to want to be nice, and get their jollies picking on others on the Internet... ?

I want us all to get along, have some fun and enjoy Baja... I am always here to help others... I hope that Diana and others will someday mature enough to stop this petty war and resolve to have fun here without the personal attacks.

You may have noted that I am helping woody with info. on Gonzaga Bay... I don't hold grudges... Perhaps he will see that helping someone on Nomad enjoy a special place does not ruin it... It will be good roads that can 'ruin' a place. :light:

DianaT - 3-13-2010 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yah Dennis... but there are bad people in the USA too... and there are bad cars made in the USA too... and there is GOOD as well.

Unlike some Nomads, I like to focus on the good, and only report bad if it might affect someone's vacation. For example, if I didn't like a kid asking for a tip I wouldn't trash his entire family and steer people away from a beautiful site, or remove my photos of that site. :light:

Now, why don't you tell everyone about the kayak that you never paid for???

You sincerely have absolutely no character nor class.

Huh??? I don't have a kayak... never had a kayak! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else.

But, I was not there to see it for myself, only heard about it from VERY reliable sources. Thus,

I won't comment any further,
I won't outright call you a liar or imply that you are a liar
I will not indicate that you really did not understand what was happening
I will not tell you that your perceptions of what happened are wrong

So please, do the same for others-----so many have asked this from you, and it does not seem to sink in.

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by DianaT]

David K - 3-13-2010 at 09:35 AM

Just grow up and stop it... This was in 2001 and my kids didn't loose anything... ask Doc if it is that important to you.

DianaT - 3-13-2010 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Just grow up and stop it... This was in 2001 and my kids didn't loose anything... ask Doc if it is that important to you.

Once again, you do not get the point----guess it is way over your head.

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by DianaT]

David K - 3-13-2010 at 09:48 AM

"No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else. "

Obviously Diana... you don't get the point and are stating an absolute LIE right here in you reply. No kayak was lost by my children... I even offered to pay Doc back if he thought my kids lost it, to keep the peace, after Roberto's endless (like you) accusations. Doc said he found the kayak and has it, case closed. I returned to Gecko many time after that trip and it never cam up again... Roberto, however has left Gecko since his stories were told.

I don't dislike Roberto or you... but you need to find a life that isn't always about making up hurtful things about me or my kids. Please stop this hate.

rts551 - 3-13-2010 at 10:06 AM

No wonder you conveniently forgot about it above... I would to if I lost someones Kayak and did not pay for it.

Quote:
"No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else. "

Obviously Diana... you don't get the point and are stating an absolute LIE right here in you reply. No kayak was lost by my children... I even offered to pay Doc back if he thought my kids lost it, to keep the peace, after Roberto's endless (like you) accusations. Doc said he found the kayak and has it, case closed. I returned to Gecko many time after that trip and it never cam up again... Roberto, however has left Gecko since his stories were told.

I don't dislike Roberto or you... but you need to find a life that isn't always about making up hurtful things about me or my kids. Please stop this hate.

woody with a view - 3-13-2010 at 10:14 AM

help?

edit: my question about Gonzaga has absolutely nothing to do with our bitter feud regarding the other coast!

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by woody in ob]

mtgoat666 - 3-13-2010 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
No wonder you conveniently forgot about it above... I would to if I lost someones Kayak and did not pay for it.

Quote:
"No David,

on this one i have to defend dk (oh, the horror). kids lose stuff. rental outfits expect renters to occasionally lose stuff. who cares if someones kids left a kayak on beach and it floated away? kids don't think. kids do stupid stuff. rental outfits won't go broke, they factor in occasional losses to their pricing. sounds like kayak was eventually found.

if i lost a rental kayak, i would not lose sleep over it. i would tell rentee that it was cost of doing business.

DianaT - 3-13-2010 at 10:26 AM

Quote:

No David,
I am talking about the one your children lost in Baja that belonged to someone else.

But, I was not there to see it for myself, only heard about it from VERY reliable sources. Thus,

So please, do the same for others-----so many have asked this from you, and it does not seem to sink in.

I quoted myself as this was my point, the one I hoped he would understand. I would not defend nor dispute his story, his perceptions, etc.

rts551 - 3-13-2010 at 10:27 AM

The issue is not losing the Kayak. The issue to me is denial. Kinda like Toyota:lol:

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by rts551]

Diver - 3-13-2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
if i lost a rental kayak, i would not lose sleep over it. i would tell rentee that it was cost of doing business.

Is that because they don't swipe your credit card for security in Baja ?
And/or that you are extemely cheap and a little dishonest ?

You break it or loose it; you pay for it !

Diver - 3-13-2010 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
The issue to me is denial. Kinda like Toyota:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mtgoat666 - 3-13-2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

diver, ******************

losses are infrequent, rentee should assume risk of loss. many rentees charge insurance for loss/damage, but few actually issue a 3rd party insurance policy and are in fact self-insured.

nuthin dishonest about breaking rental/losing rental equipment -- when i rent i ask rentee to accept risk of loss when i takes equipment (i.e. rentee should build insurance into rental rate). the problem with having to pay for damaging rental equipment is that providers often don't understand depreciated values, so negotiation afterwards is difficult. better to ask for insurance rate upfront.

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by BajaNomad]

The "rental agency" is a little out of context here

soulpatch - 3-13-2010 at 11:11 AM

I think this is one you, goat, should butt out of. On this one you know not of what you speak.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

Roberto is a bro through and through......these diaries should be left buried. Sometimes no response is the best.
Just sayin'. Always being an easy target must mean there is something to shoot at.

arrowhead - 3-13-2010 at 11:19 AM

Hijo de la gran .

...and everybody says that I'm the bitter old man around here?

ni modo

:lol:

[Edited on 3-13-2010 by arrowhead]

Diver - 3-13-2010 at 11:20 AM

I know Roberto as a totally "stand up" wonderful guy.
He is the kind of guy that would go WAY out of his way to help others.
He has done so for me.
He contributes a lot and does what he says.
The only person I have heard him speak negatively about was DK.

bajafam - 3-13-2010 at 11:26 AM

I am confused...so his kids lost (if they did actually lose it, which it doesn't seem like they did) a kayak. It's not like he pulled it out of the water and strapped it to the roof of his Toyota and drove off like, what? It's mine now, suckers!

I agree with mtgoat. Kids lose stuff, and it sounds to me like DK made attempts to right the situation. Didn't he say that he offered to pay for the kayak, but was refused? Seems like the owner had some other beef, especially considering the kayak was eventually found and returned.

Now, I know that there is some underlying animosity between y'all...but come on! Let bygones be bygones, and get back on topic.

Banditos ~ do they exist? Yes. Have I been privy to them? No. But I count my lucky stars because these things happen all over the world...even in my small town. An elderly couple was shot and killed in the WalMart parking lot not too long ago. A woman's estranged husband beheaded her new suitor in a jealous rage while my husband was on duty. Banditos will not keep me from enjoying Baja (or anywhere else for that matter).

Stories like these, that show the good and the bad just remind us, as travelers, as humans, to be aware of our surroundings and not be naive to the possibilities that exist (blissful or dangerous). Evil exists everywhere, even in Utopia...it's what you do with that knowledge that is important. Do you pretend it doesn't exist? No. Do you do your best and act/react accordingly? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? Hmmm...I hope so. Of course, Lionel does most of the driving...but we are both prepared to defend our family if need be.

I hope that we never encounter such a situation, but if we did, we certainly wouldn't ignore the incident and not report it to our fellow Nomads. That would be a great disservice! Now, let's not focus on the negative...that's what the media is for!!!!!

Natalie Ann - 3-13-2010 at 11:27 AM

Roberto is a good and honest man. He has helped or offered assistance to a number of us nomads.

Let's not anyone imply that he's a liar. I don't believe that for a minute.

nena

grace59 - 3-13-2010 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
I am confused...so his kids lost (if they did actually lose it, which it doesn't seem like they did) a kayak. It's not like he pulled it out of the water and strapped it to the roof of his Toyota and drove off like, what? It's mine now, suckers!

I agree with mtgoat. Kids lose stuff, and it sounds to me like DK made attempts to right the situation. Didn't he say that he offered to pay for the kayak, but was refused? Seems like the owner had some other beef, especially considering the kayak was eventually found and returned.

Now, I know that there is some underlying animosity between y'all...but come on! Let bygones be bygones, and get back on topic.

Banditos ~ do they exist? Yes. Have I been privy to them? No. But I count my lucky stars because these things happen all over the world...even in my small town. An elderly couple was shot and killed in the WalMart parking lot not too long ago. A woman's estranged husband beheaded her new suitor in a jealous rage while my husband was on duty. Banditos will not keep me from enjoying Baja (or anywhere else for that matter).

Stories like these, that show the good and the bad just remind us, as travelers, as humans, to be aware of our surroundings and not be naive to the possibilities that exist (blissful or dangerous). Evil exists everywhere, even in Utopia...it's what you do with that knowledge that is important. Do you pretend it doesn't exist? No. Do you do your best and act/react accordingly? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? Hmmm...I hope so. Of course, Lionel does most of the driving...but we are both prepared to defend our family if need be.

I hope that we never encounter such a situation, but if we did, we certainly wouldn't ignore the incident and not report it to our fellow Nomads. That would be a great disservice! Now, let's not focus on the negative...that's what the media is for!!!!!

I agreed Michelle! It is best to be careful and not fearful where ever you are. And while I enjoy the people on this forum and their bantering...sometimes it get downright nasty...it is best to stay out of the way! :0)

Neal Johns - 3-13-2010 at 12:19 PM

OK, time for all of you to loosen up!

Drug Crazed Headhunters in Baja!
Lock up your children, dogs, and kayaks.

Away, away, to Baja over a decade ago. We (5 or so vehicles) camped 10 miles west of Calexico alongside the canal. The next day I sent the crew onward to Guadalupe Hot Springs while I stayed behind to fix a newly discovered broken spring leaf. This is their story:

Halfway down the dirt road south (it was in reasonable good shape then) they came across a Mexican couple with a dead car. Suffering from the usual male macho illusion that women admire men with big tools, they jumped out of their Toyotas, Jeeps and lesser vehicles and attacked the problem with tools in hand. The engine continued napping while nightfall crept over the Sierras. As deserts do, it grew cold. A bonfire was lit in the middle of the road to provide light and warmth and various incantations were tried on the engine, all to no avail. It sparked, it ate gas, it no ran.

Headlights approached from the north! Maybe they could help. The headlights stopped 100 yards away. The headlights abruptly changed into red taillights and quickly, very quickly, disappeared back into the north. Sigh, back to work. Someone’s brilliant idea of a slipped timing chain was accepted and the distributor was turned a little. Eureka! Suddenly it was a happy engine and everyone went on their way. It was surmised that the headlights from the north talked it over with the driver and determined the bonfire was a bandito roadblock. A few laughs and the machos went to sleep in Guadalupe Campground.

But….being good citizens, and in those innocent days, having no fear of their heads leaving their bodies, the people from the north notified the Army that Bad Gringos were abroad that night. So it came to pass that about darkthirty that night, some Army filled Hummers invaded the Campground and rousted my friends, the Bad Gringos. Who are you, what are you doing here, and uh, could I borrow your flashlight to check out the other people? The next to be questioned, my best friend, had a thing about bean burritos and was asleep in a truck with a shell. With a stern face, and an unloaded AK-47, Corporal X lifted the back window and almost fell backwards with a scream of “Malo Viento! The dropped window fell into position never to be opened again. The next man approached, never quite woke up, and when asked if he had any weapons by a soldier holding a 45, replied - Yeah, yeah, I have a gun too, go away. While this is not a recommended answer, he claimed no memory of the incident the next morning and could find no bullet wounds.
Having rather flexible morals (ask any of my WiW’s), I’m not sure what the moral of this true story is, but there is one thing you can be sure of, I’m a man you can trust. Amen

DENNIS - 3-13-2010 at 12:28 PM

Sooo.....Where is that kayak today? :lol::lol::lol:

woody with a view - 3-13-2010 at 01:00 PM

on with the drivel!

what was the topic anyways?

desertcpl - 3-13-2010 at 06:16 PM

:?::?::?::?:

Roberto - 3-14-2010 at 08:32 AM

Quote:

Former Nomad 'Roberto' (years ago) started posting false things about me on another Baja forum, which I countered with truth/ facts.

One of those accusations was that my kids let one of Doc's rental kayaks (at Camp Gecko) get away... Roberto was relentless in keeping this fabrication alive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rented a kayak (and yes, I payed for it) and when my kids were done with it, it was returned to the same place where we picked it up (I was there)... Later on, some other kid(s) took that kayak out ad didn't pull it up above the high tide line... what we were told.

Doc found the kayak later, down the bay and towed it back...

After Roberto statred the bs story about my children being the ones who let it float away, I contacted Doc and asked him how that story was started. Doc told me that for him, the issue was over, he had the kayak, case closed... He was not going to say anything bad about Robero (a renter at Gecko then, or me, a frequent customer/ promoter of Gecko).

Like with jdtrotter (Diana T), I have tried to make peace with Roberto... There are just some people who don't seem to want to be nice, and get their jollies picking on others on the Internet... ?

I want us all to get along, have some fun and enjoy Baja... I am always here to help others... I hope that Diana and others will someday mature enough to stop this petty war and resolve to have fun here without the personal attacks.

You may have noted that I am helping woody with info. on Gonzaga Bay... I don't hold grudges... Perhaps he will see that helping someone on Nomad enjoy a special place does not ruin it... It will be good roads that can 'ruin' a place. :light:

Boy, that sure sounds like an attack to me - and after I haven't been on the board for two years! Pretty clear what you mean about having fun without the personal attacks. Always persecuted aren't, you? :lol::lol:

As far as accusing me of lying, David, I'm guessing you feel comfortable doing that from behind a computer monitor. Why don't you put your money where your sewer mouth is and do it face-to-face? I'll take pictures and report back.

You have no honor or integrity David. Quite a legacy you'll leave behind.

DENNIS - 3-14-2010 at 08:47 AM

Hey, Roberto..Good to see you. It's a shame you have to reappear just to defend yourself.
Glad you did though.

the plot thickens....

woody with a view - 3-14-2010 at 09:02 AM

Roberto

we have a bet, also! something about coming bumper to bumper on a single track with our hero. a picture is also required to win!!!:tumble:

LancairDriver - 3-14-2010 at 10:15 AM

It's pretty obvious it is the same DK basher's who jump in at every opportunity to pile on DK. It is also pretty obvious they don't contribute anywhere near as much useful information to this forum as DK does, or have nearly as much knowledge of Baja to contribute. Stooping to unsubstantiated gossip to attack personally is for bottom feeders. I don't know DK or any of you personally, I simply browse this forum to gather as much information about Baja as I can, and try to contribute as much as my limited Baja experience will allow. Looks like there is a healthy amount of jealousy involved here.
Now- how about getting back to the original subject of this post.

Cypress - 3-14-2010 at 10:19 AM

LancairDriver, Well said!!!:bounce:

gnukid - 3-14-2010 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
LancairDriver, Well said!!!:bounce:

Yes let us forgive, again? But, of course, shouldn't every campground digression be forgiven when accompanied by a back-handed explanation/insult. - Or is repeated forgiveness of passive aggression the definition of codependency?

DianaT - 3-14-2010 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
It's pretty obvious it is the same DK basher's who jump in at every opportunity to pile on DK. It is also pretty obvious they don't contribute anywhere near as much useful information to this forum as DK does, or have nearly as much knowledge of Baja to contribute. Stooping to unsubstantiated gossip to attack personally is for bottom feeders. I don't know DK or any of you personally, I simply browse this forum to gather as much information about Baja as I can, and try to contribute as much as my limited Baja experience will allow. Looks like there is a healthy amount of jealousy involved here.

I think there are a few things that maybe some of you are missing as some posts from this thread have been removed. DK started with some very pointed remarks referring back to another thread, and his remarks were quite nasty about who I am and really distorted what was said on the other thread.

It certainly is not the first time. Whenever I have posted something that does not fit his agenda, he has accused me of many things including being a liar. So, in all honesty, I set him up this time.

After his slam, and he is the one who starts it and then often removes his nasty posts, I just mentioned the kayak. I knew he would not be able to resist, and he didn't.

Then I posted this to try and make a point----

Quote:

No David,

When it comes to certain things, it seems everyone agrees that DK does offer good information, but over and over again, he will not allow others to have their own ideas, opinions, perceptions, experiences, etc.

I have been sent links to threads from before I was on this board to where the same thing was being asked of him over and over.

So yes, I have been guilty of some not so nice personal attacks in response to his behavior----but he will not stop. A small example is the use of my last name. For a very good reason, I changed by user name to not include my last name. I have asked him privately to please not use my last name as I stopped for a good reason. But he will not stop.

Others have their own reasons, but mine are personal and will not change---it would be easy to drag up old threads where he has attacked--but I won't.

So, this was done for a purpose--but I doubt it will work. So you also are entitled to your opinion---bottom feeder is a good one.

But I also seriously hoped he would learn from it. But since he has also been asked over and over to keep his political jabs off the main forum, and still does it, well-----I doubt much will change.

Again, there are some things for which I will apologize, but not this one.

On Edit, while DK's nasty post was removed, it remains in some quote boxes. This was it

[Edited on 3-14-2010 by DianaT]Originally posted by David K Unlike some Nomads, I like to focus on the good, and only report bad if it might affect someone's vacation. For example, if I didn't like a kid asking for a tip I wouldn't trash his entire family and steer people away from a beautiful site, or remove my photos of that site.

[Edited on 3-14-2010 by DianaT]

Children

bajaguy - 3-14-2010 at 11:00 AM

If I wanted to be in a third grade classroom I would volunteer at my local school........I expect more from adults, but I guess I'm wrong

DENNIS - 3-14-2010 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
If I wanted to be in a third grade classroom I would volunteer at my local school........I expect more from adults, but I guess I'm wrong

Who are you calling an Adult?? :lol:

DanO - 3-14-2010 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for making me spit up coffee all over my keyboard while I laughed myself silly. Dennis has it right. Hell, if we were truly adults (and who wants to be, really?), we wouldn't be wasting our time hanging around here. Happy Sunday, all.

DianaT - 3-14-2010 at 11:14 AM

Shucks,

I thought the set-up was at a little higher level than third grade? Then again, it did not take much thought. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mtgoat666 - 3-14-2010 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver

see, the thing is, DK jumps in with a photo, map or comment at any opportunity,... this explains why he has the highest post count, also explains why he seems to think himself a senior citizen among nomads, a status he expects to result in all showing deference to his sage advice.
DK also has a case of right-wingnut-last-word-itis, which leads to his getting into silly political dust ups.
finally, DK and Diana seem to really get under each others skin. it provides for amusement, but i do find myself siding with diana 99.9% of the time, as she is usually right and her words come across in a more mature fashion. sometimes i think that DK has problems arguing with women, he just can't let it go when it's a woman arguing with him.

dk is also very passive aggressive -- watch out for his two faces, and phony kiss-kiss nice-nice.

David K - 3-14-2010 at 12:37 PM

No, not the case Mt. Goat ( I am not two faced)... and not the case Diana (I didn't remove any posts from this thread)... and Roberto, you KNOW that my kids or I never lost a kayak, and I emailed Doc to confirm that. Why do you have to have any hate for anyone or their children, anyway? Why is the fabrication about my children so important to tell new people that you meet... is slandering me that big of a boost to your emotional needs? I am only defnding the truth here... I have been back to Gecko many times since that trip, and Doc and I have no issues... so why should you?

I met you ONCE (Dec. 31, 2001), when my (then) lady friend wanted to thank you for replacing something that was loaned by her to another friend... Gave you a Viva Baja sticker, and it was all friendly... Later, you started the hate and I have NO IDEA WHY... but apparently you had friends to impress or some other need to bash me...?

I don't want any arguments with any Nomad... Some of you don't like my political opinions... well, I don't like yours... but I don't try and stop you from saying yours... I just add the 'other side', for balance. Your side won the last election, so you should be happy?

Welcome back Roberto, I would like to resolve you hatred of me... as I don't hate you... okay paisano, let's move on?

Bajahowodd - 3-14-2010 at 12:54 PM

http://www.hate-metal.com/

Sharksbaja - 3-14-2010 at 05:39 PM

http://www.hate-metal.com/

That might scare away banditos!!:lol:

norte - 3-14-2010 at 06:11 PM

http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569458057691568

grmpb - 3-14-2010 at 06:41 PM

yeah the coasters!:!:

bajaguy - 3-14-2010 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for making me spit up coffee all over my keyboard while I laughed myself silly. Dennis has it right. Hell, if we were truly adults (and who wants to be, really?), we wouldn't be wasting our time hanging around here. Happy Sunday, all.

Dan-O......sorry for your keyboard......I now realize I made a mistake by using third graders as an example......actually, third graders grow up......some "adults" never do.

grmpb - 3-14-2010 at 08:20 PM

:light:

torch - 3-14-2010 at 08:35 PM

hold on a second , what about the bandits

Diver - 3-14-2010 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by torch
hold on a second , what about the bandits

There are no bandits.
DK says so.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

torch - 3-14-2010 at 08:42 PM

thats funny diver :lol:

irenemm - 3-14-2010 at 08:55 PM

Keep it up Diane
you have it right on about him.

Baja&Back - 3-14-2010 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
... the drama queens on Nomad are just having their normal feeding frenzy.

Oh, so good, David.
Have never heard anyone describe the idiotry on this forum as well as this statement!!!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 3-14-2010 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back

Oh, so good, David.

I'm not a DK basher and David knows that, but he seems to enjoy the game, and in fact, seems to fan the fires of conflict. I get the impression he feels that negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Oh well...to each his own. I appreciate his contribution here.

David K - 3-15-2010 at 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back

Oh, so good, David.

I'm not a DK basher and David knows that, but he seems to enjoy the game, and in fact, seems to fan the fires of conflict. I get the impression he feels that negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Oh well...to each his own. I appreciate his contribution here.

No, no, no... I only want us all to have 'Positive Baja Attention', that's all... Focus on Baja, not on me. There are a few here that would rather play the Internet drama game from behind their keyboard, then to get on with life. Bringing up a story from 9 years ago about my children to keep the drama alive is pretty sad... don't you think? I have been going to Baja since I was a kid, and I plan on going until I die... so, I would not jeprodize my being welcome at a place I go to... including Camp Gecko, where friends have homes and we last stayed there the final year Doc operated it as a campground (2005).

Martyman - 3-15-2010 at 09:20 AM

Please announce when you are going to Gecko. I'll be sure not to be there.

willardguy - 3-15-2010 at 09:57 AM

well i don't know about the rest of you nomads but I learned a valuable lesson here.
that control and - + deal is pretty cool! thanks sharksbaja! :spingrin:

DENNIS - 3-15-2010 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
well i don't know about the rest of you nomads but I learned a valuable lesson here.
that control and - + deal is pretty cool! thanks sharksbaja! :spingrin:

That is cool. You can do the same thing with the scroll thingy on your mouse while holding down Ctrl.

David K - 3-15-2010 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Please announce when you are going to Gecko. I'll be sure not to be there.

Why, who are you? Why would you say such a thing about a stranger? Baja is about good times and friendship to me...

Since Gecko is no longer a camping/ cabin rental place we would only go there to visit with one of our many friends who have a place there...

Ask Gecko Nomads like Bedman, Debra, 4baja, GeoRock, aha baja, etc. ... who actually know me from spending time with me and not reading 'hate posts' on the Internet. Ask neigbors of Gecko like Beach Bob, Paulina, Dern, Mary Ann Humfreville... all are friends or nice people who I get along with. Finally, ask Doc (Abraham)...

Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos is the motto here!

Here's Doc and I hiking up the tram line canyon towards San Juan (photo by my daughter):

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by David K]

Martyman - 3-15-2010 at 11:09 AM

Why?
Because I don't want to hear Michael Savage and Lush Rimjob blasting from those cheap horn speakers mounted on top of your toyota.

David K - 3-15-2010 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Why?
Because I don't want to hear Michael Savage and Lush Rimjob blasting from those cheap horn speakers mounted on top of your toyota.

You got me confused with someone else, amigo! I don't have any speakers mounted on top of my Toyota... I don't listen to Savage or Rush in Mexico (didn't know they were on the radio down there) nor do I blast it to anyone in America. I have camped with The squarecircle a few times, and he puts on Cuban music when camping for a little while...?

So, politics is what makes you decide to not go camping at Gecko? In Baja, we only enjoy listening to the sounds of nature... ocean, birds, etc. Unless there is a race, then (for a little while) we enjoy the sound of raw horsepower!

See you in Baja... and leave your politics at home!

TacoFeliz - 3-15-2010 at 11:40 AM

:!::yes::!:

Bajafun777 - 3-16-2010 at 11:04 AM

Everyone that drives in Mexico with others need to have this discussion about what you will do when faced with what you see as a dangerous situation on the road. I have had this discussion with my wife and believe me I know exactually what we will do, regardless of who's turn it is at the wheel. Unless it is a clearly idenified law enforcement vehicle with decal and proper uniform we are not stopping and we have made this decision after much discussion and thought. We do not want to let the scumbags make the decisions what happens to us if we stop and they get control of us. Can they shoot out our tires or windows, yea but at least we have a chance better than seeing your loved one wronged or killed in front of you. Note. we would do the same thing over here, no decal, no proper uniform we are not stopping especially when things are happening like they are in the areas of question. Loving an area is different from taking a correct action to protect your loved ones and yourself. I have been driving Mexico more years than I care to say,LOL, but it is what it is right now. Better to be damned if you do than dead if you don't!! Yes, we all have friends and some loved ones that live in Mexico but that does no change what is going on down there right now. Yes, we all make adult choices in going down into Mexico. Further, I have relatives that think and an openly say we are crazy for doing it right now. Yes, we have bad places in the U.S. but come on not with what is going on in Mexico right now. It's like we had at one in Chicago with the Mafia gangs openly killing people regardless of who was in the line of fire. That was a long time ago and this is now, so let's say it is dangerous at times but we choose to take that chance as it is not dangerous all the time,LOL. We all go down for whatever "rush or good feelings" it brings to us and those traveling with us. Again, "It Is What It Is," just accept it we are all crazy for the fun and enjoyment we seek when going into Mexico, LOL. Take care, remember also have your bajanomad sticker on your bumper if you want us to stop and help you , :lol::saint::yes: Take Care and Good Travels--bajafun777

ILikeMex - 3-16-2010 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:

No David,

I quoted myself as this was my point, the one I hoped he would understand. I would not defend nor dispute his story, his perceptions, etc.

Strange, by saying your not doing all these things, looks like you are doing it but don't want to take responsibility for saying it :?: Kinda a low blow

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 11:32 AM

I was going to stay out of this but, Diane's comment about "VERY reliable sources" I couldn't let go, sorry.........

I was camping with David and his kids when all this went down........I was STANDING RIGHT THERE when the disscussion between Abraham and David was had. It is as David said. So to all who rely on "reliable sources" I suggest that maybe you should reserve comment to what you see and hear for yourself.

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
I was going to stay out of this but, Diane's comment about "VERY reliable sources" I couldn't let go, sorry.........

I was camping with David and his kids when all this went down........I was STANDING RIGHT THERE when the disscussion between Abraham and David was had. It is as David said. So to all who rely on "reliable sources" I suggest that maybe you should reserve comment to what you see and hear for yourself.

Exactly---please read what I wrote---I was not there so I would not comment on it---besides, DK is the one who decided to post the story, if you will notice, I did not tell the story---he did. I would not have told it in detail as I was not there.

I just want him to do the same thing for other people, including me. DK loves to comment on all situations where he was not there and does not know what happened. And in the process, he ends up calling people, including me, liars, or story tellers, on and on and on. DK calls it his responsibility to add what he calls fairness, truth and balance----but it is simply the trashing of other people.

After he made the really rude post on this thread directed toward me, and another thread yes, I set him up so maybe, just maybe just maybe he might think about what is is doing constantly. On the other thread, I asked him to please not do it and to just go away----I agreed to do the same on all of his threads.

Yes, even though I did not tell the story, yes, it was a low blow in response not only to his really rude remarks on this thread, but to his recent trashing of one of our experiences about which he knew nothing---he was not there, it happens over and over again. For the low blow, I will take responsibility. I knew it was a low blow.

DK contributes a lot of good information to this forum and he does have a number of friends---that is great. But if he continues to feel free to trash other people, their experiences, their perceptions, their opinions, then he will continue to be responsible for what comes his way.

When I alluded to reliable sources, the old story came from more than one person---but still, I was not there to see what happened, so I really don't know----just as he does not know what happens when he is not there. And frankly, I don't care what happened.

Is it tit-for tat? Well, maybe, or maybe it is just karma working---he cannot continue to trash other people and expect it to be accepted that he is the good guy who likes everyone and only wants peace and kindness. As someone else wrote, he is definitely a person of two faces. And he will continue to feel persecuted and take no responsibility for his own actions.

Tis good you defend your friend; as I said, I was not there.

Diane

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by DianaT]

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 12:29 PM

Perhaps I missed something? I did read this thread and no where did I see David "trash" anybody. Maybe you can point this out to me?

And I'm sorry I don't know how to use the quote funtion, but, you didn't "allude" to reliable sources, you said you had it "from very reliable sources" "Defending a friend" perhaps.....What I said was what I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears, since Abraham, David and I were the only ones there for the conversation, I again say that perhaps people should reserve their comments to what they see and hear for themselves, not "reliable sources".

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 12:41 PM

Wilderone...........Raquel was killed at about 10am near Cativina, and it is just a rumor that it was a former employee.

Interesting that the person that was shot that soulpatch metiones (also a friend of mine) and Raquel were shot within a week of each other and He and Larry (Raquel's husband) report similar if not the same truck involved.

There are bandits.........

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I missed something? I did read this thread and no where did I see David "trash" anybody. Maybe you can point this out to me?

And I'm sorry I don't know how to use the quote funtion, but, you didn't "allude" to reliable sources, you said you had it "from very reliable sources" "Defending a friend" perhaps.....What I said was what I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears, since Abraham, David and I were the only ones there for the conversation, I again say that perhaps people should reserve their comments to what they see and hear for themselves, not "reliable sources".

The post DK made was deleted, I believe deleted by the moderator as I know that someone reported it as it was a nasty attack and a real distortion. So it is only still here in some quote boxes---but this is it.

Unlike some Nomads, I like to focus on the good, and only report bad if it might affect someone's vacation. For example, if I didn't like a kid asking for a tip I wouldn't trash his entire family and steer people away from a beautiful site, or remove my photos of that site.

THAT was his response to me asking him on another thread to please stop and I would do the same. That is his idea of balance and being nice.

Yes, maybe I should have ignored it, but enough is enough and he has done it too many times.

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 12:54 PM

Diane, I did read this post and I don't see any "nasty attack" I have to say, I'm really confused.

I have been on this board since the begining and Amigo's prior to that, and in the 9 years I can honestly say I have never seen David attack anyone, although I have seen others attack him. I just don't get it.

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Diane, I did read this post and I don't see any "nasty attack" I have to say, I'm really confused.

I have been on this board since the begining and Amigo's prior to that, and in the 9 years I can honestly say I have never seen David attack anyone, although I have seen others attack him. I just don't get it.

Well, then I guess maybe you agree with that post and his method of attack---that is, of course your choice and your right.

People do see things from different perspectives, and I believe everyone should accept that----but that will probably never happen.

I respect your right to see things as you do.

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 01:04 PM

I don't want to get real involved here, but David doesn't attack. He counter-attacks. :saint:

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 01:06 PM

I don't agree or disagree, I honestly don't get it. Where is the attack? Please explaine. And we can take this to U2U, others may be weiry of our exchange? Thanks

I disagree

Sharksbaja - 3-16-2010 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I don't want to get real involved here, but David doesn't attack. He counter-attacks. :saint:

He attacks liberals any chance he gets. I think some are Nomads!:rolleyes:

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
He attacks liberals any chance he gets. I think some are Nomads!:rolleyes:

Come to think of it............:yes:

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 01:30 PM

You are right Shark..........He calls me somthing like an un-informed liberal, and I call him a redneck..........but, we do that in person! :lol: I have not seen him do that on the board, but, then I stay away from the "political" forum.......you guys are on your own there :lol::lol::lol::lol::lo

edit for PS

edit to remove "right on Dennis" since you changed you post

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by Debra]

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by Debra]

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
I don't agree or disagree, I honestly don't get it. Where is the attack? Please explaine. And we can take this to U2U, others may be weiry of our exchange? Thanks

Done

rts551 - 3-16-2010 at 01:36 PM

Debra He can't keep it away from the general forums either. take a look again

Lecturing Cypress

Skipjack Joe - 3-16-2010 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Unless a Nomad is a personal friend or acquaintance maybe one should not 'throw stones' at what he shares with us.

Constant negative comments thrown at Nomads who take time to post their trip stories will only end this great feature of Baja Nomad and chase others away.

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't... Some respect for your fellow Nomads would be welcome...

Cypress is about as unassuming as they get. I've never heard him say a mean thing about anyone. Mostly bummed out about the lack of fish as I recall. The website is full of such quotes ... and these are the ones left untouched.

bajabass - 3-16-2010 at 01:50 PM

Did I stumble into the teen forum again?:biggrin: I think several of us are weary:light:, but when there is nothing on TV:wow:, a online sureality show. :biggrin:

shari - 3-16-2010 at 01:57 PM

now bass.....dont you be trashing the teen forum amigo!!!:o:spingrin:

bajabass - 3-16-2010 at 02:18 PM

Just kidding Shari, the monitor there seems a little more mature than some of my fellow Nimrods, er, I mean Nomads! I say take this little scuffle to Off-Topic, and take the kid gloves off, or get over it!

David K - 3-16-2010 at 02:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks Debra...

As you have said I never attack, but I will defend my friends (Mexican, American, or Canadian) from unwarrented harassment or false statements... on RARE occaisions, I might defend our country when some would put it down.

I TRY very hard to maintain friendships here, and often apologize if my response bugs someone... However, I don't ever get the same respect from those I have tried to appease with kindness...

The truth may hurt or may ruin a 'good story', but the truth is the important thing... That someone needs to bring up an non-incident from 9 years ago involving my kids is pretty sad, isn't it? As you said, there was no issue between Doc and me, since the kayak was found. It was someone else who left it on the beach, long after our paid rental hour was over. Is this the BEST you guys can do to throw mud on me? Show me where I ever 'attacked' anyone here with name calling or lies about that person or thier children...

How is it that I have spent so much time promoting Baja, Baja Nomad, Internet friendships through my Viva Baja parties, or other events like the Booksigning or BBBB or other get-togethers, that I would just throw all that out to become a mean person? Does a mean person spend time to help people with their trips or to show maps and books and old photos and new photos to make it a better trip or to make Nomad more interesting for everyone?

I invite everyone to post their trip reports, or to come to our Baja events, or to have a beer at my home or camp NO MATTER what political party they like... I don't care!

IF someone posts a liberal slant on facts or something that puts America down... then I may respond back with a conseravtive answer to either... for balance... and it is not personal... unless you make something personal towards me.

The best way to keep me from talking politics, is for others to not start talking about it...

I will apologize if I ever started a political rant on Nomad... I believe I may have once... If you need more, then show me the threads where I statrted any... no problemo, as I want us all to be happy and friendly here...

Again thanks Debra... a good friend (even though with a different political leaning)!;):yes:

rts551 - 3-16-2010 at 02:34 PM

Isn't it a tough life being a martyr and even tougher when you are wrong on those very few occasions... maybe even once. But not to worry plenty of hens to come clucking when the going gets tough.

David K - 3-16-2010 at 02:37 PM

Yes... it is tough trying to smell like a rose of friendship in septic tank of hate.

You are up to 1159 posts Ralph... keep responding with unfriendly stuff if you want, but show me where I have ever been unfriendly to you first or even at all...?

rts551 - 3-16-2010 at 02:44 PM

post count is not important to me (me being far from the high posters). Nothing Personal DK I just find some of your postings to be self-righteous and others unnecessarily infringing on the threads of others.

Oh darn 1160.

shari - 3-16-2010 at 03:04 PM

bass..."Nimrods"!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I havent heard that word in years...gonna bring it back into my extensive vocabulary though...thanks for reminding me of it.

and thanks Debra & David for clarification of this blast from the past "event"...and for apologizing...even though we may differ politically (I'm canadian and have no political leaning:lol:) you have always been a polite gentleman with me. I dont give a rat's butt what way you lean as long as you are kind and gentle.

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us. It comes up in soooo many threads on this board but I find it curious how only david K gets picked on for doing it. WE non americans have to put up with it and dont usually mention how disturbing it is... but I gotta tell ya....it does get old and it's kinda funny how you all get so worked up about taking sides and judging people according to left or right. Who cares as long as we can get together and have some fun!!! peace out.

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by shari]

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us.

Interesting. I know you are not interested in politics, but when we have traveled in Canada from British Columbia to Prince Edward Island, it seems like everywhere we went, the Canadians were asking us about our politics and then wanted to compare them to their own rather polarized politics---it was interesting to compare.

Same with the Europeans that were traveling there and in Mexico, and we are asked quite a bit about our politics by locals in Bahia Asuncion.

So not sure it is a cultural thing, ---maybe it is much more of a personal thing. And being in the business you are, it is smart to remain apolitical.
:yes:

tripledigitken - 3-16-2010 at 03:30 PM

This thread has been road blocked!:barf:

gnukid - 3-16-2010 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
bass..."Nimrods"!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I havent heard that word in years...gonna bring it back into my extensive vocabulary though...thanks for reminding me of it.

and thanks Brenda & David for clarification of this blast from the past "event"...and for apologizing...even though we may differ politically (I'm canadian and have no political leaning:lol:) you have always been a polite gentleman with me. I dont give a rat's butt what way you lean as long as you are kind and gentle.

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us. It comes up in soooo many threads on this board but I find it curious how only david K gets picked on for doing it. WE non americans have to put up with it and dont usually mention how disturbing it is... but I gotta tell ya....it does get old and it's kinda funny how you all get so worked up about taking sides and judging people according to left or right. Who cares as long as we can get together and have some fun!!! peace out.

Same ol same ol' - the backhanded racist insult covered by a (non) political excuse.

Let's call this thread ' the back handed passive aggressive dog pile chorus and leave it at that.

Of course, "I have no political affiliations, only that I am peaceful and kind and therefore the rest of you suck rotten jalapenos".

redmesa - 3-16-2010 at 03:34 PM

"Politicks is the science of good sense, applied to public affairs, and, as those are forever changing, what is wisdom to-day would be folly and perhaps, ruin to-morrow. Politicks is not a science so properly as a business. It cannot have fixed principles, from which a wise man would never swerve, unless the inconstancy of men's view of interest and the capriciousness of the tempers could be fixed." [Fisher Ames (17581808)]

Hmm that "good sense" idea I wonder where we find that?? I apologize for the lack of gender neutral statements in this quote. Just goes to show how gender politics have changed.

shari - 3-16-2010 at 03:35 PM

Ok, getting back on topic...banditos roadblock

DSC04651.JPG - 43kB

Pages:  1  2