BajaNomad

teen shot by border patrol

Pages:  1  2

mtgoat666 - 6-11-2010 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by chnlisle

Well, first of all Mexicans are not a race, they are a nationality, just as Americans are a nationality.

Right on. The birth of a new term....NATIONALITIST.
Good timing 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing that warn out, watered down term...RACIST. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

the better term is bigot

DianaT - 6-11-2010 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by chnlisle

Well, first of all Mexicans are not a race, they are a nationality, just as Americans are a nationality.

Right on. The birth of a new term....NATIONALITIST.
Good timing 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing that warn out, watered down term...RACIST. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

the better term is bigot

Yes, the term bigot is far more appropriate.

There is a real division among the scientific community as to the existence of different races-----an interesting argument as to if there is enough of differences to call certain groups a different race or not.

But bigot can cover it all----one can even be a bigot against those who eat broccolli.

Concrete thinking----those who see things in simple black or white terms--- see that in this argument and it is a very successful tool used by Fox Noise in spreading propaganda that has no relationship to reality.

wessongroup - 6-11-2010 at 10:58 AM

Yes, one can used "terms" to described evil actions and thoughts, which will be considered correct, but not sure they give an accurate depiction of events ... like the hanging of a 7 year old boy by the Taliban to show his Grandfather, a village elder, that he, the Grandfather should keep his mouth shut... our world is truly a treat to see each and every day.... and putting the correct labels on it ..... well, guess it does help .....

Really bad ..... really

k-rico - 6-11-2010 at 11:02 AM

"quotidian" ?????

Jeez, a word that isn't, is it? Good scrabble word.

DENNIS - 6-11-2010 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
"quotidian" ?????

Sure it's a word. I say it a hundred times whenever I read a Goat-Post. :lol::lol:

Actually, I got it from here:

http://thesaurus.com/

DENNIS - 6-11-2010 at 11:12 AM

The next group of people sent to babysit that section of border will be wearing helmets and if they're fresh from the Middle East, they may display some radical responses the likes we havn't seen yet.

k-rico - 6-11-2010 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
"quotidian" ?????

Sure it's a word. I say it a hundred times whenever I read a Goat-Post. :lol::lol:

Actually, I got it from here:

http://thesaurus.com/

No what I meant was that quotidian isn't a quotidian word.

Figured you had a thesaurus. That's a non-quotidian word, quotidian that is, not thesaurus. Can we call you Dennisaurus, given your seniority and all?

[Edited on 6-11-2010 by k-rico]

DENNIS - 6-11-2010 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Can we call you Dennisaurus, given your seniority and all?

Only if you get the spelling right. In Mexico, it's Señority. :biggrin:

Kids will be Kids

MrBillM - 6-11-2010 at 02:05 PM

Look at all of those Child Soldiers in Africa.

And, showing what a teen is REALLY made of (literally), the latest Afghan Suicide Bomber was a 13-year old.

Bajajorge - 6-12-2010 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Right after the poor victim is shot to deter him from killing you, the million dollar law suits start flying against the poor bastard that was trying to keep from getting hurt or killed.

maybe the law should be changed - shoot to deter. not to kill.

DON'T

MrBillM - 6-12-2010 at 09:41 AM

Bring a Rock to a Gunfight.

Martyman - 8-26-2010 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
When you shoot, you shoot to kill, period.
Barry

Why is that? Why do cops shoot to kill? Why don't cops wing guys or take out a leg or foot?
We had a teenager recently shot dead by the local sheriffs (Sonoma County CA) because he was threatening cops with a knife.
When did cops start this tactic and why? I got hit in the head by a rock, it hurt and I bled but I was fine. This is something that has to change!

[Edited on 8-26-2010 by Martyman]

I suspect it might

Dave - 8-26-2010 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
This is something that has to change!

If rock throwers know they could get shot dead...

maybe they will think twice. :rolleyes:

Thinking Twice

MrBillM - 8-26-2010 at 03:27 PM

And, if they do it ONCE, they won't be able to do it again.

Nothing is a better deterrent than being Dead and there's no reason to think that anybody hurling Deadly Projectiles at the Law has any right to continue their existence.

Let's remember that this "Kid" did have an extensive record.

You have to laugh, though, when you read someone suggesting the Cops shoot to "Wing". Given how often Law-Enforcement officers shoot till empty at fairly close-range and miss completely, thinking they could pick off an appendage is hilarious.

Pages:  1  2