BajaNomad

going to Guerrero Negro...should be an eventful trip!

Pages:  1  2

Natalie Ann - 9-29-2010 at 04:10 PM

Keeping y'all in my prayers for a safe and prosperous evening.
Bien viaje, Isaak!:biggrin:

Looking forward to pix and trip report.

nena

SiReNiTa - 9-29-2010 at 06:14 PM

All right....It's game time!

We are set and ready and mamma is having a bite to eat before going out to do rounds with family and friends to let them know the drill and then it's off to the hospital!!

Got our bag packed and have been without food or water since 1pm this afternoon (Youch!).

Just a while ago I started getting contractions again...darn it! But since it's safer for both baby and I with the C-section this time around I think I'll stick to that plan.

The next time I post I'll be posting with mommy fingers!!

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Till next time

Sirenita

noproblemo2 - 9-29-2010 at 06:16 PM

Best to you all Sirena, we're there with you in spirit....

krafty - 9-29-2010 at 06:30 PM

so exciting-best of everything!!!!!!

Nan&D - 9-29-2010 at 06:37 PM

xoxoxoxo

elgatoloco - 9-29-2010 at 06:45 PM

Po si tive vibration, yea! Positive!

Best of luck! :dudette:

Eli - 9-29-2010 at 07:02 PM

Sure looking forward to the next set of pictures, good luck.

Waiting....

toneart - 9-29-2010 at 07:43 PM

:D

Make sure that Gramma has a good supply of Margaritas at hand.:light::cool:

[Edited on 9-30-2010 by toneart]

BajaBlanca - 9-29-2010 at 07:55 PM

Best of luck !!! Can't wait to see pics of baby Izaak and a proud momma daddy and gramma :))))))))))))))

DianaT - 9-29-2010 at 08:04 PM

Our wishes to Sirena that all goes well with the birth as we are sure it will. May not be as you planned but it will work out well for both you and the baby. :yes:

Our best wishes for a happy future to Adrian, Sirena and their new baby.

John and Diana

Sharrone - 9-29-2010 at 08:22 PM

Prayers for all of you. What a wonderful time you will have with the little one.

bajafam - 9-29-2010 at 08:52 PM

Sending our love...happy that Izaak will be here soon. It has been a long process and I think you are being smart. I'm with you Shari, I'm not a fan of the big C, but I can tell you that it was developed just for this instance. We hope you have a speedy recovery.

I can't believe Izaak is going to be bigger than Mister!! Must be all those good eats you've been snacking on :) Are you ready to feel the most amazing love you've ever felt?? One look in the eyes of your son, and all of this will be worth it.

Nappo - 9-29-2010 at 09:02 PM

I'm late into the game but our "group", Stan, Berg, Greg and I are wishing you the best but already know we don't need to! All will be perfect! Wow, we will be some of the first to see baby Izaak as we arrive Oct 20 in Asuncion! What a wonderful time of life for all!
Doug

krafty - 9-29-2010 at 09:45 PM

what bajafam said!!!!!!!

BajaKeela - 9-29-2010 at 10:08 PM

Sirenita...When you hold that little boy in your arms ..the love you feel for him is the same love your Mama feels for you...Pretty awesome ain't it!!!!

frizkie - 9-29-2010 at 10:51 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you all on such a happy occasion.
Good luck Sirenita, you can do it girl. You're gonna' be the best Mom!!!
Little Izaak is one lucky little guy to have such a terrific family to come home to, and a Nomad family too. Come on Nomadito!! Tonight is the night!! :yes:
Hang in there Shari xoxo

Mulegena - 9-29-2010 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
:D

Make sure that Gramma has a good supply of Margaritas at hand.:light::cool:

[Edited on 9-30-2010 by toneart]
Got 'em in a holding pattern, yep, cooling their heels!

Reporting from beautiful downtown Asuncion where the women are strong,
the men good looking and the children are all above average.

Bajagypsy - 9-30-2010 at 07:23 AM

Hope all is well, waiting un-patiently for any news!

sanquintinsince73 - 9-30-2010 at 08:24 AM

Still waiting for news here in Diego.:?::?::?:

desertcpl - 9-30-2010 at 08:26 AM

cant wait any longer,, any news at all

BajaRat - 9-30-2010 at 08:47 AM

Drum roll please....................
Love you guys. Lionel

wsdunc - 9-30-2010 at 09:22 AM

You are in our thoughts Sirenita, here's to a healthy mama and baby.

zforbes - 9-30-2010 at 09:24 AM

Any word on how Adrian is doing?

bajafam - 9-30-2010 at 10:16 AM

"A baby in the womb should be compared to fruit on the tree. Not all the fruit on the same tree is ripe at the same time…we must accept that some babies need a much longer time than others before they are ready to be born." Author Unknown

Hope all is well ~ we love you!!!

[Edited on 9-30-2010 by bajafam]

Timo1 - 9-30-2010 at 10:24 AM

Come on Shari !!!!

I'm beside myself waiting for news

BajaBlanca - 9-30-2010 at 03:13 PM

rock a by baby on the tree top .... waiting to sing to thee Izaak ...vamanos hijo !!

Beachgirl - 9-30-2010 at 03:17 PM

I can't help it...I feel like a mother waiting for my teen to come home from her first date...and it's past midnight. Probably last thing on your minds is a bunch of friends bugging you all. Know that there are many of us out here sending the ol positive vibes your way...AND, waiting for any update, ya know? Just sitting here wringing our hands. In fact, this whole deal has forced me and Mulegemichael to revise our c-cktail hour.

CONGRATS SIRENA

BajaBlanca - 9-30-2010 at 03:29 PM

I know ... this is nerve racking .... I now appreciate Les's son, man..when his son was being born, he wrote every couple minutes NONSTOP. I must say, I have never been so amazed in my life. He even posted pics in between ... crazy but wonderful ... po - si - tive vibrations, as someone wrote above, going to you Sirena. Many postive vibrations.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh All is good, I am sure Shari will be posting soon.

[Edited on 9-30-2010 by BajaBlanca]

noproblemo2 - 9-30-2010 at 04:50 PM

Seems to me this is an announcement that would be the mama or grandmamas to make, after all it is THEIR moment.

noproblemo2 - 9-30-2010 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
They did announce it... you don't think she want's the good news shared?
They will post it here when they are able, it is THEIR time.

desertcpl - 9-30-2010 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
They did announce it... you don't think she want's the good news shared?
They will post it here when they are able, it is THEIR time.

I agree with you noproblem,,,

Daved you are just wrong on this one

David K - 9-30-2010 at 05:58 PM

Okay, until we hear from Shari... photo of Izaak is removed. I do think we are the extended family and family don't keep secrets...

Packoderm - 9-30-2010 at 06:09 PM

Yes, I was excited too and jumped the gun. The news will surely spread through the village, but the proud announcement goes to Shari, Juan, Senenita, and daddy.

desertcpl - 9-30-2010 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Yes, I was excited too and jumped the gun. The news will surely spread through the village, but the proud announcement goes to Shari, Juan, Senenita, and daddy.

yes thanks, it is their moment

Breaking News from the Front...

Mulegena - 9-30-2010 at 06:31 PM

This just in...

Shari says,
"Yes Please Post the Pictures, Thank You." Stop.
"I've been kinda busy." Stop.
"I was just about to post on Nomad after Facebook, but Sirena called me to help her take a bath." Stop.

Hi, Gang. Its Maria. I just spoke with Shari on the phone. She asked me to post a picture of Baby Izaak for her on Nomad. I mentioned that one had already and she was happy as... well, happy as a new grandmama! So yes, please stick that picture back up of beautiful Baby Izaak, David, with our Shari and Sirena's blessings and personal request-- that one and any of the others she managed to send out so far!

Shari wants to let everybody know that Izaak is fine, he's healthy and big and only poops when she comes around, never Adrian or Juan (its a guy thing, i dunno).

Sirena is better this evening, in stable condition and will remain in-hospital for a few more days with her baby and family by her side.

Both Shari and Sirena expressed their personal gratitude and happiness in the love and support the Baja Nomad Family is giving them!

"Love is All You Need....love is all you need........." and we got it!

Debra - 9-30-2010 at 07:41 PM

Congrats, Mom, Dad, Gran-ma and Gran-pa!

I've been watching closely the progress, and wondering just who told you that the baby was 8#'s something. :?: They can't tell until the baby is out. I remember when my Grand-daughter was crowning (I was lucky and have been able to help deliver 4 out of 5 of my grand-babies.) The nurses were taking bets at the baby's weight, all talked about 8#''s or so, I told them no-way, I knew she was much bigger. Payton was 11#'s 6ozs. I didn't share this story until after the delivery as I didn't want to scare Mom or Gran-ma :o :spingrin:

My daughter dosen't have the family record however, my nephew was 12#'s 3ozs. born on the living room floor. We are all very small women in my family (I'm tall, but, small.......we just have huge babies.

Shari, your life has changed in more ways then I can even begin to tell you. We expect lots of pictures (please, please??????)

Sirena.........welcome to motherhood sweetheart. If I can share one piece of advice from 36 plus yrs. of motherhood I knew from day one? As I looked into my daughter's eyes while in the hospital I said out loud to her "Please my beautiful girl, know that no matter what, I will always be here for you and I hope you will know you can always come to me".........if your son gets that, you have most of the battle won. God's love and grace on your new journey. Debra

Debra - 9-30-2010 at 07:46 PM

Hey David my friend.............u2 it to me..........the rest can wait if they want. Shari says it's okay to share, don't listen to the others, well intentioned as they were.

sanquintinsince73 - 9-30-2010 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra

Sirena.........welcome to motherhood sweetheart. If I can share one piece of advice from 36 plus yrs. of motherhood I knew from day one? As I looked into my daughter's eyes while in the hospital I said out loud to her "Please my beautiful girl, know that no matter what, I will always be here for you and I hope you will know you can always come to me".........if your son gets that, you have most of the battle won. God's love and grace on your new journey. Debra

Beautifully said, Debra. When my little angel Leah was born she was a premie due to an auto accident. As she made her entry into the world I grabbed her from the doctor's hands and planted a kiss on her tender lips. To this day when I ask her who was her first kiss, she say's "It was you, daddy".

TheColoradoDude - 9-30-2010 at 08:03 PM

WOW!! felicitaciones a todos!

Debra - 9-30-2010 at 08:03 PM

SQ........you made my eyes drip with your story.

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by Debra]

windgrrl - 9-30-2010 at 08:25 PM

Welcome Izaak! Congratulations Mom & Dad!

HERE'S IZAAK !

David K - 9-30-2010 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
This just in...

Shari says,
"Yes Please Post the Pictures, Thank You." Stop.
"I've been kinda busy." Stop.
"I was just about to post on Nomad after Facebook, but Sirena called me to help her take a bath." Stop.

Hi, Gang. Its Maria. I just spoke with Shari on the phone. She asked me to post a picture of Baby Izaak for her on Nomad. I mentioned that one had already and she was happy as... well, happy as a new grandmama! So yes, please stick that picture back up of beautiful Baby Izaak, David, with our Shari and Sirena's blessings and personal request-- that one and any of the others she managed to send out so far!

Shari wants to let everybody know that Izaak is fine, he's healthy and big and only poops when she comes around, never Adrian or Juan (its a guy thing, i dunno).

Sirena is better this evening, in stable condition and will remain in-hospital for a few more days with her baby and family by her side.

Both Shari and Sirena expressed their personal gratitude and happiness in the love and support the Baja Nomad Family is giving them!

"Love is All You Need....love is all you need........." and we got it!

Thank you... I figured that was the case......

sanquintinsince73 - 9-30-2010 at 08:36 PM

God bless him, mommy, and daddy. Felicidades !!!!!

David K - 9-30-2010 at 08:37 PM

Here is my daughter's Facebook message when I told her about the new baby:

And dad she had her baby huh... Tell them congrats when u speak ta them.. And its been raining all day in oceanside. Im all wet. :(.. at lease my baby is warm and dry.. :)

toneart - 9-30-2010 at 08:41 PM

Whew! Now we can all breathe.:D

Congratulations Sirenita and all your family!

Welcome, Baby Isaak!:bounce:

Debra - 9-30-2010 at 08:42 PM

Wow! Thanks David! I'd like to know how they got a pic. with him awake! He's so cute! Look at those finger nails :O

Congrats. again to the family, you've got a keeper!

Diver - 9-30-2010 at 08:46 PM

Welcome to the world, Izaac !!
Our Zack is thrilled but thinks you spelled it wrong; his name is Zackary Isaac.
Congratulations to mom and dad and gramma and papa !!
Our best wishes to Sirena on a speedy recovery.
Love to you all !!

DENNIS - 9-30-2010 at 08:52 PM

Can we call him Izzy?

http://www.hctc.commnet.edu/artmuseum/exhibits/2004/izzy-pla...

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by DENNIS]

Bienvenido Izaak!!!

frizkie - 9-30-2010 at 08:59 PM

frizkie - 9-30-2010 at 09:03 PM

Congratulations Serenita and Adrian, Abuelito Shari y Abuelo Juan!!
He is one big beautiful boy!!! Muy hermoso!!
You must all be on cloud nine!! I'm so happy for you all!

Sharrone - 9-30-2010 at 09:23 PM

Congratulations to all beautiful baby!

BAJACAT - 9-30-2010 at 09:39 PM

Congratulations, Shari in the new arrival of your grand child. Good job Sirena, you will be a great mom like Shari... say hi to Juan.. hopping to go back to BA soon... I love that place...

Mulegena - 9-30-2010 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Wow!... I'd like to know how they got a pic. with him awake! He's so cute!... :O

Congrats. again to the family, you've got a keeper!
Awright, now that Shari's made her unofficial press release I can speak a little... talk about what's been goin' on backstage.

Three weeks ago Sirena left Asuncion to be close to the hospital in Guerrero Negro. She stayed with her family there, but after a couple weeks she wanted her own mama to be near her, so Juan fired up the truck, washed off the dust and off Shari went to stay in the Cowboy Motel, mother and daughter to wait it out together.

Shari called me last Friday night at 2 in the morning all excited, "Its started! They've started! The contractions have started and Sirena's in the hospital! I'll call you in the morning, bye!" Slam!
Oh, and then about 5 minutes later a text message, "Sorry I woke you up! Love, Shari".
Well, I was awake by then, fer sure, no worries just happy excitement.

Then the tick,tick,tick waiting game began... and it evolved as Shari & Sirena reported.

Well, Shari called me at 3 minutes past midnight last night. I was sitting outside at her house wrapped in a blanket and listening to the waves hit the rocks down below the cliffs, totally wired and dialed in 'cause I knew the baby was due.

She was over the moon excited and giggly to announce the baby was born "just right now" and "he's sooo big" and "he came out sooo totally alert, looking around like he knew exactly what was going on right from the first breath!"

She says Adrian and Juan have been great.

Adrian has kept the Tidepool Bistro open as long as he could, then dashed up to Sirena's side as it became apparent that Izaak was coming soon. He's been right by her side, supporting his lady all the way. Everyone'll welcome the grand re-opening of the Tidepool very soon with the special addition of Baby Izaak on-staff.

Juan's been commuting back and forth between the hospital and Asuncion, some 2 hours each way. He's working the Cooperativa right now, diving for caracol at 6 each morning, then dash in, clean up and dash out to Guerrero, smiling all the while, his dogs Shami and Nescafe jumping up into the back of the truck for the long haul back.

And Shari, well what can I say that we don't already know? She's totally off the charts awesome. A great person, a wonderful mother and friend to Sirena. She's gonna redefine what being a grandmama is all about, I'll just betcha!

Sirena, our young mother Sirena. We've watched her grow up, haven't we? From a young girl playing in the tidepools, to an intelligent articulate college gal who posted thoughtful commentary in the Teen Scene on Baja Nomad. Now we've seen her become a mother, another fine mother among mothers here in Baja. Her role as a modern woman and parent will be pivotal in the future of this land's peoples.

I'll tell you what, Nomads, this is one great family.
We're all so lucky to be a part of life with them, yes?

[Edited on 10-1-2010 by Mulegena]

BajaRat - 9-30-2010 at 10:05 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our new beach buddy is here!
We'll be catching food for the Tide Pool in no time!

Best Wishes from Erin & Mister :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

shari - 9-30-2010 at 11:40 PM

Hi everybody...I am sorry to keep you all on pins & cactus spines but the last 24 hours has been....gosh words cannot describe what we all went through. I havent been able to leave sirena's bedside so wasnt able to get around to posting till tonight..I'm just beginning to process the birth now and am exhausted, relieved, totally in love with Izaak, thankful for all our family & friends who have been at our side literally & figuratively and just feel so fortunate and blessed to have a daugher like sirenita...to tell you the truth, we came very close to losing her and I'm pretty emotionally drained from this. I had never even heard of preeclempsia...sheesh... I cant really write about what happened as the tears keep falling on the keyboard and things are just too raw to talk about it...but she seems to be recuperating well now but needs to be strictly monitored.

Izaak is the pride of the hospital...the nurses parade him around, take pictures of him with their phones etc...el guerito. He is loud and proud, alert, wise beyond his age....hahaha...a real lady slayer!!!! there have been non stop visitors all day...izaak is gonna be one popular baby!!!

so I'm gonna get some sleep now hopefully ...Adrian is on the night shift with Sirena & baby and sirena seems pretty stable tonight.

I have some really funny fotos and promise an album soon...darn hospital room doesnt have wifi...but for now, here is the star of the show...she's gonna hate that nice hair thingy!!!
(by the way...no problema David posting Izaak's pic

sire & izaak-1.jpg - 49kB

Cypress - 10-1-2010 at 03:48 AM

Congratulations Sirena, Adrian and grandparents.;D

Barbareno - 10-1-2010 at 04:45 AM

Beautiful little Izaac. Shari please pass on to Sirena and Adrian how very happy we are for them. Hope her recovery is speedy. You had us all worried.

Mulegena thank you for being there for Shari. You're the best!

What a great day :biggrin:

Barb

capt. mike - 10-1-2010 at 04:53 AM

midwifery...
seems to me i'd let the trained pros - i.e. physicians, do what they do best and that be consider all outcomes and direct coursing based on that.

if they thought a C section to be best for all then that's the direction to take, no?

what does a mid wife do when things get dicey? i dunno except that if they are not LPNs or RNs or NPs or even PAs they can get stuck - it is a nobel approach when there is no local hospital - but they were IN a hospital right?

woody with a view - 10-1-2010 at 05:53 AM

very nice!. all of our best wishes. that is one beautiful mom and baby foto!!!!

Bajagypsy - 10-1-2010 at 06:21 AM

Shari, so happy that Sirena is ok now, that must have been a horrid experience.

That is the most beautiful momma, and baby picture ever, I want to rush down right now, and pamper that momma and baby! Sending all our love, all our wishes, and all our hugs and kisses to Sirena's way.

bajafam - 10-1-2010 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
midwifery...
seems to me i'd let the trained pros - i.e. physicians, do what they do best and that be consider all outcomes and direct coursing based on that.

if they thought a C section to be best for all then that's the direction to take, no?

what does a mid wife do when things get dicey? i dunno except that if they are not LPNs or RNs or NPs or even PAs they can get stuck - it is a nobel approach when there is no local hospital - but they were IN a hospital right?

Actually, a midwife is an RN, with the bare minimum of 2 years of nursing experience. I believe what Sirena was thinking of (and myself as I had the same thought) was becoming a Doula "A doula is a professional who provides emotional, informational, physical, and practical support for the expectant, laboring, or postpartum mother. A birth doula specializes in supporting the mother during labor."
This is a certification that does not require a nursing degree and is an assistant during the birth process.

And, even doctors jump the gun, but it appears as though they made the right choice in regards to Sirena and Izaak.

sanquintinsince73 - 10-1-2010 at 07:29 AM

Wow ! What a wonderful picture of Sirena and Issak. Sure brings back alot of memories. I can tell already that you are going to be an awesome nana.

Russ - 10-1-2010 at 07:30 AM

I wanted to wait for Shari's post that all was well with everyone before sending my CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm happy for the new family and my prayers go out for a speedy return home on a smooth road.
Hope to see you all some time in Oct.

Natalie Ann - 10-1-2010 at 07:34 AM

Sirena, Adrian, Shari and Juan....
Babies are postcards from the goddess.
What a lovely one was delivered to you! Congratulations!

nena

windgrrl - 10-1-2010 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
midwifery...

Modern midwifery is a professional designation and is regulated in US & Canada. Today's midwives must meet clinical and educational requirements to qualify to practice. Some midwives are even male.Professional roles and scope of practice are continuously being reviewed and refined and some of this is legislated. Hospital services are delivered by teams made up of a vast number of people with special skills and knowledge - right from the cleaning staff to the CEO, because sometimes the physician doesn't know what to do either. All types of Health care providers are required to know what to do and when to consult. Sorry for the rant.

It sounds like a calling and I say go for it!

Cheers,
w, RN, BN, MN

BajaKeela - 10-1-2010 at 08:00 AM

Let me also add my heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS.. That's a handsome little boy !!!So glad all turned out good..

Eli - 10-1-2010 at 08:15 AM

Whoa, who would have guessed that was going to happen. In the end, just so glad that Ya'all are past the rough spots and everything came out o.k., sounds like it was a truly frighting experience, I can completely understand your reaction, it will take a few days and some tears to settle your nerves and get back on track.

Hopefully very soon you will all be home where you belong and life will go on with much joy for the whole family. Izaak is going to Love growing up in his new home by the Sea, now that he is here I expect he has a great life ahead for him.

Eli - 10-1-2010 at 08:16 AM

Especially for Izaak;

Welcome to this the wonder of a little Planet Izaak, may you enjoy with gusto the adventure you have now set out on, may your path be long and diverse, Your going to love it here!

b1 - 10-1-2010 at 08:50 AM

Thank the Lord for trained professionals and that Mother and baby are fine! Hope to meet them and Shari et. al. in February.

I do know a tiny bit about modern midwifery training and education. My oldest daughter is in a midwifery program in Austrialia. She already has a Masters Degree in Public Health from George Washington University in D.C. Spent 4 1/2 years in public health in Ethiopia in the field with an emphasis on maternal mortality. Now in the 3rd year of a 3 year midwife program. Started with 40 students and now down to about 16. Graduates in about 9 months. The degree encompasses a lot of work, education, and clinical experience.

Shari, hope to see You guys net spring. b1

Sirena and Adrian

DianaT - 10-1-2010 at 09:16 AM

Congrats on your new big, healthy and beautiful boy.

And Sirena, we are very glad you were in the hospital when you developed preclampsia. The hospital is the only place to be! Midwifes and alternative birthing places are great, as long as everyone recognizes if heading for the hospital is required.

More often preclampsia develops earlier and requires an early delivery----but to develop it at the end or after the birth, as you already know, it is STILL a very serious thing----so don't rush things. You are probably anxious to get out of the hospital, but stay put until they are sure it is all OK! Baby just wants to be with you and won't care if you are there extra days.

Best of luck to the three of you!

John and Diane

Paula - 10-1-2010 at 09:32 AM

Such sweet pictures of Izaak and his lovely mom! Congratulations Sirena and Adrian, and to Shari, and Juan as proud grandparents~~

Sirena, I think it's amazing how you kept the Nomads informed with your upbeat messages so long into the whole marathon birth event. I just read it all this morning, had no idea all this was going on. I'm so glad that you are OK! You're gonna be a great mother to your beautiful little guy. Don and I met you once a few years ago in GN, hope this will be the year we finally get to Asuncion and meet the rest of the family too.

BajaGringo - 10-1-2010 at 10:09 AM

So very, very happy to hear that Izaak is here and mom and baby are safe and well. Wishing you all the very best and thanks for sharing this important passage in life with us all.

All our love...

David K - 10-1-2010 at 10:13 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post last night, Shari... and that is a great photo of your daughter and grandson... really, really good to see them!

Nan&D - 10-1-2010 at 06:25 PM

All our lovin'

Nappo - 10-1-2010 at 07:24 PM

So glad all the family is doing well!
I hope everyone can get back home soon and relax!
See ya in a couple of weeks
Doug

BajaBlanca - 10-1-2010 at 09:39 PM

Congrats to all and boy what a beautiful boy .... the picture was on facebook first and what a pretty momma !!! Glad all is well Shari - one can feel the excitement in your writing !!
Viva Sirena
Viva Izaak
Viva Adrian
Viva Abuelita

boe4fun - 10-2-2010 at 08:32 AM

Shelley and I are absolutely overjoyed for all of you! Congrats and tons of love and abrazos sent your way. We've been sooo busy getting the 5th wheel ready for our trip down. Yesterday I picked up a truckload of more prosthetic/orthotic components and other supplies I'll be needing at our La Paz clinic. I have to box all of it up and drop it off at a shipping company in Otay Mesa next week. Hopefully we'll be seeing all of you very soon. Much love, Paul and Shelley

lingililingili - 10-2-2010 at 09:17 AM

Izaak is very handsome! We look forward to meeting him in November.
Congratulations to the entire family.

Iflyfish - 10-2-2010 at 05:56 PM

Thank god all is well and you have a beautiful baby and healthy daughter!! We are absolutely delighted here and can't wait to see you all.

The circumstances around this birth make this child that more special.

Abrazos Forte all around.

Love,

Mr&Mrsfish

From Guerrero Negro, ITS SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!!

Mulegena - 10-2-2010 at 06:23 PM

Just spoke with Shari.

She and Sirena both send their love and gratitude to everyone for your good thoughts and well-wishes.

Shari's with Sirena and Izaak 24/7 in the hospital and working hard. This grandmama business, well she's really steppin' up, or laying down to it as the case may be! Poor woman's sleeping on the floor of Sirena's hospital room, gaaghhh!-- and that's the good news! The bad news is she isn't sleeping!! No wonder, poor woman. She's getting on well and says she has an in with the security guard who lets her sneak visitors with food in for her regardless of visiting hours. That's our Shari, everybody's friend.

Sirena continues to rest and improve daily. Such a sweet, delicate little wisp of a woman, she, wise beyond her years. She's becoming a wonderful mother.

Izaak was breaking into song while Shari & I were on the phone. He's got a lusty alto voice, what a guy!

Adrian is home and has the Tidepool Bistro open, El Tidepool as its known to the locals. On the menu tonight is hamburguesas with scrummy french fries, his killer smoked Bonita fried sushi rolls, and his made-to-order-to-your-specs Pizza with handmade whole wheat crust. The Tidepool now serves beer & wine and margaritas. Gosh I must be hungry. I gotta get over there...

Again, Shari & Sirena send their love to all (from me, too).

[Edited on 10-3-2010 by Mulegena]

BajaWarrior - 10-2-2010 at 06:36 PM

Sirena and Adrian,

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!

UnoMas - 10-2-2010 at 08:42 PM

Congratulations to the family for the birth of baby Izaak and so happy to hear that all is well with Sirena .
Shari, you are such a trooper! I have to say after being a grand parent four times over that if you think that your first boy friend or your first love stole your heart just wait and see what this grand baby does to you, He will steal your heart for sure.

Best wishes for all:
UnoMas

pacside - 10-3-2010 at 11:01 AM

Feliz Cumpleanos lil Izaak and congrats to mama, papa, grandma y grandpa. Sirena wow....what an experience and poor Shari having to watch you daughter go through that...just makes life so precious si? You are one resourceful lady Shari...sneaking food in...good for you.

Sirena, I'm sorry you had to experience a frightful scare with the preeclampsia and hope you are making a rapid recovery.

The pictures are adorable. His eyes kinda look like Shari.

pacside

prema2 - 10-4-2010 at 06:13 PM

Congrats on a beautiful baby boy Sirena....

shari - 10-6-2010 at 04:34 PM

whew... hola amigos...sorry for not being able to post...no WIFI in the hospital in GN. I'm up to my eyeballs in work catchup in between cooing at Izaak. We are sooooo happy to be home finally and sirenita is doing well but not out of hot water yet...she is being monitered daily at the hospital.

I have so many things to share that I learned through all this but dont have time at the moment but I just wanted to thank you all for your tremedous outpouring of love and prayers...they sure came in handy!!
Mulegena was a saint and handled things beautifully here...mil gracias mi cielo.

Sirenita is writing her birth story and I'm getting the photos together so stay tuned....love and light to you all.

here are a couple teaser photos...
zaak thought it was too dang noisy in that hospital

great grandma totally loved Izaak...he looks like her!!!

sirena and Izaak getting out of hospital...into the Land Cruiser...woo hoo...homeward bound.

krafty - 10-6-2010 at 04:40 PM

Now the fun begins!!:yes: enjoy enjoy it goes by sooooo fast! Best wishes to you all!

Tiomiguel - 10-6-2010 at 05:49 PM

Sirena looks good for all that she has been through, Izaak is pretty cool. Can't wait to see the little guy and hold him. That is going to happen pretty soon when we come down. Hope you made it home alright and that everyone will settle in soon. Shari, you have been a great Grandma and I know that Sirena appreciates all your help.

Sharrone - 10-7-2010 at 12:03 AM

So glad you are all home and everything is going well. That is one cute little guy.

shari - 10-7-2010 at 10:02 AM

We look forward to sharing little....er...big Izaak with you all...it is a gorgeous day here and I'm stoked to get that baby to the beach.

08 11 05 012-1.JPG - 43kB

David K - 10-7-2010 at 02:58 PM

Cool being a grandparent, huh?

shari - 10-8-2010 at 10:55 AM

Izaak...the man baby is doing great slurping mom's milk all day and night and getting real big real fast. He's totally diggin the new stuff all of you have sent...loves his new bouncy music chair

Here he is waiting for Woody to take him surfer in his lil surfer dude shirt!

sheesh...you are all going to get so bored with my grandchild photos you probably wont open any of my posts anymore...oh well...here is just one more (for now, I promise).

desertcpl - 10-8-2010 at 06:36 PM

good for you, we are happy things came out okay

keep posting until your heart is content,,

we love beautiful babys and you have one for sure.

Ken/Jane
Yuma

Pages:  1  2