BajaNomad

Asuncion to Comondu...Magical Mystery Tour

Pages:  1  2

BAJACAT - 1-21-2013 at 10:58 AM

sounds good Shari,already got the milage,and the road cond, I don't think will be and isue.Did the whale trip in Ojo De Liebre,this time a want to do San Ignacio..im living san Diego on the 22th of March..

shari - 1-21-2013 at 11:17 AM

you will love san ignacio too...hope we can somehow get the bottles to Comondu...would you have room for them?

TMW - 1-21-2013 at 11:31 AM

Jose you've got a couple of options on the drive depending on how much off-highway driving you want to do.

You could take the Baja 1000 course backwards north of Insurgentes on hwy 53 at KM26 and take it to the San Javier mission (28 miles) then another 4 miles take the road to the comondus (27 miles). From Comondu to San Isidro is 18 miles. A totsl of 77 miles.

Option 1 to La Purisima and up to the San Ignacio Luguna or on to San Ignacio. If you have to go to San Ignacio first to make the Whale watching gig maybe do the next option.

Option 2 take the Guajademi trail to Mulege (I think this is 60-70 miles)then around to San Ignacio.

elfbrewery - 1-21-2013 at 12:05 PM

The Guadalajemi option is a thriller. We did it last year. One tire got ruined, but none of the three jeeps flipped. Don't know how good the road is this year. As for the Comondu - San Isidro route, don't bother. It's endless gully after gully. We did this a few years back (even before Jimena) and the ranchers just stared at us from horseback. Since then, no one takes that road by car, unless I'm uninformed.

shari - 1-21-2013 at 01:13 PM

yes, that is what I was told too...that a dirt bike could do it...but no 4 wheel vehicles could get through.

David K - 1-21-2013 at 01:17 PM

dtbushpilot and motoged rode the San Isidro/ La Purisima to Comondu road, posted photos... some big gully washouts. Too bad as that is sure a great shortcut between the two population centers, and parallels the Jesuit's EL CAMINO REAL!

BAJACAT - 1-21-2013 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
you will love san ignacio too...hope we can somehow get the bottles to Comondu...would you have room for them?
If the (bottles), can make their way to Viscaino, I will have room for them,don't have time to detour to BA,sorry..also to whom the bottles will be deliver..in Comondu'.

Tom, thanks for the way points,i will be taking people new to Baja so im trying to make it as easy as possible to them..I will come in ither from Mex 1 or Insurgentes,right now the La paz trip still not set in stone.I don't want them to drive for a long time maybe on their next trip.Me personally, I love the driving..say hi to Bill for me.

[Edited on 1-21-2013 by BAJACAT]

shari - 1-21-2013 at 01:30 PM

I can probably drop them off at Vialsol on the left side of the highway a block after that big stop sign...on the corner....what day will you pass through there?

BAJACAT - 1-21-2013 at 07:38 PM

I will pass by there on the 23th of March on ,my way to the whales..in SI.

PS. while doing research for my trip I foundsomething on La Purisima, a vampire name Loret Blackman or Blackmen,any Baja experts can elaborated on this..I google the story but i want to hear from people from this forum...

[Edited on 1-22-2013 by BAJACAT]

BAJACAT - 1-22-2013 at 10:13 PM

SO Nobody knows about this Baja Sur Leyend..?

David K - 1-22-2013 at 10:35 PM

I see several Spanish language You Tube listings for Loret Blackman. In the Greg Niemann book 'Baja Legends' there is nothing.

shari - 1-22-2013 at 10:36 PM

I cant wait to hear about it....I will have the bottles at Vialsols on the 23rd then...give them to Gastelum the palm furniture guy for us or whoever needs them!

BAJACAT - 1-26-2013 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I cant wait to hear about it....I will have the bottles at Vialsols on the 23rd then...give them to Gastelum the palm furniture guy for us or whoever needs them!
Sounds good Shari,refresh my memory Gastelum is In Comondu not en La Purisima..

shari - 1-26-2013 at 02:02 PM

Adan is the palm furniture maker in San Miguel de Comondu, the first village, not the one the mission is in!
 Pages:  1  2