BajaNomad

SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer

Pages:  1  2  

Cypress - 3-25-2011 at 07:19 PM

ligui, :bounce:

slimshady - 3-25-2011 at 09:51 PM

The mtgoat is really out of whack. Someone hires a person to tow their boat and trailer. Pays cash for the service and insurance for the boat. The boat and trailer goes missing. The driver refuses to speak to the people who paid him for his service and you have the intelligence to say that the victims should not make allegations of theft and fraud?

Then what would you call it?

In California we call that grand theft and fraud!

David K - 3-25-2011 at 10:25 PM

Maybe I missed it earlier... so my apologies if it was covered... but why wasn't the boat and trailer already insured, anyway? I can see getting extra insurance on the person pulling the boat in case he crashes it... but what about existing insurance for theft while it is in Mexico?

mtgoat666 - 3-25-2011 at 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady

unsupported allegations posted by an anonymous person.

Pescador - 3-26-2011 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Maybe I missed it earlier... so my apologies if it was covered... but why wasn't the boat and trailer already insured, anyway? I can see getting extra insurance on the person pulling the boat in case he crashes it... but what about existing insurance for theft while it is in Mexico?

One of the sometimes unknown facts about having a boat in Mexico is that the Mexican Insurance only covers the boat for theft when it is connected to the tow vehicle. I even called Qualitas in Mexico City and was told that there was even some question whether or not it would be covered if I was in the Restaurant or Motel and someone took it.
In this case, it sounds like it was hooked to the vehicle, but that is always a scary call by the adjustor.

I insure my boat with Progressive in the United States and it is covered for all theft but I still have to keep a Mexican Liability policy for when I am on the road.

David K - 3-26-2011 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:

One of the sometimes unknown facts about having a boat in Mexico is that the Mexican Insurance only covers the boat for theft when it is connected to the tow vehicle. I even called Qualitas in Mexico City and was told that there was even some question whether or not it would be covered if I was in the Restaurant or Motel and someone took it.
In this case, it sounds like it was hooked to the vehicle, but that is always a scary call by the adjustor.

I insure my boat with Progressive in the United States and it is covered for all theft but I still have to keep a Mexican Liability policy for when I am on the road.

Thanks, as I know you are in the business to know... so, it might have been insured and she didn't call it in or it wasn't insured at all...

I did know that the standard Mexican Auto. Insurance did only cover the boat and trailer while it was attached to the tow vehicle (provided it was added onto the policy for the vehicle).

But, isn't a seperate policy available for theft if the boat isn't connected or in the water? Sounds like that's what you have with Progressive. Interesting that that will work in Mexico. Do you need to submit a police report when you get back to the states, or is there more needed to prove it was stolen?

surfdoc - 3-26-2011 at 09:22 AM

Got your msg Latina, thanks.
I'll be driving thru El Rosario Sunday and will look about for said gringo and truck.
Will forward any info I can find to you.

Can't wait to get to San Diego and look up Mtgoat666 in the phone book. Maybe we can get a beer.
I mean after reading all his chest thumping, there is NO way he'd be so cowardly or hypocritical as to use an Alias on a website!!

By the way, my Lic plate on my Ford F350 PSD is srfdoc1...not hard to find..:D

Howard - 3-26-2011 at 09:55 AM

Don't some of you people have anything better in life than to take a simple subject and turn it into something other than someone’s need for help and possibly help others through their experience?

The way I see it we can do one of the three things.

1: Decide to help
2: Decide not to help
3: Decide that his may be a scam and leave it alone.

Anyway, that's my two-centavo's worth.

gnukid - 3-26-2011 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

There is no reason to be offended or upset with Goat, his comment is a reasonable, logical, ethical position which also in no ways denies the claims of the alleged victims.

While we keep our eyes open and pursue the case, it should be noted that almost no evidence of the case has been presented or if it has the admin deleted it, because there is nothing here to substantiate the crime.

On the same note, when I have reported criminal activity here with evidence, police reports, witnesses etc... the admin deleted it right away? Go figure, who knows what the agenda of BN is in terms of actually fighting criminal activity, but apparently following basic forums rules forbidding personal attacks that are unsubstantiated is not one of them, on the contrary, unsubstantiated personal attacks are the norm here.

Every reasonable person here should have come to the same moral conclusion as Goat. But they didn't?

So once more, could the victims please summarize any actual evidence and reference a police report that supports that before the posse saddles up?

And, if the facts can be substantiated the criminal must be processed as would normally be required by local statutes, and if substantiated that would have already occurred? So where is the police report? If one hasn't been filed then this case is oh hold and no action is required.

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by gnukid]

GNU Knowledge

MrBillM - 3-26-2011 at 10:05 AM

For a moment there, seeing that Gnu had commented, I'd thought that, perhaps, those responsible for the Theft had been found to be working for Henry Kissinger and the CFR.

Or, it was some kind of Papal-Zionist-Freemason Theft Ring.

slimshady - 3-26-2011 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Mtgoat, Besides crimes committed in the presence of law enforcement, All criminal complaints are made from allegations which one believes to be true. The victim stated her facts and everyone but you feels it is proof.

Proof is missing trailer, boat and a guy who won't return phone calls.
Based on her story probable cause is present to arrest and prosecute the thief. Probably easier to prosecute easier in Mexico too.

gnukid - 3-26-2011 at 10:14 AM

Believe me Bill. If we can get evidence of the crime and a police report, we can be sure to find the property and prosecute the criminal. It's not hard, we just need to follow the appropriate steps. Baja is a very narrow space with a small yet strong community.

baronvonbob - 3-26-2011 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Believe me Bill. If we can get evidence of the crime and a police report, we can be sure to find the property and prosecute the criminal. It's not hard, we just need to follow the appropriate steps. Baja is a very narrow space with a small yet strong community.

Yea we can be sure to find the property....

I just imagine it will be in its original shape, yup just wait to get the paperwork sorted out and the boat will be sitting all ready to go fishing...

durrelllrobert - 3-26-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:

the skeptic in me says it smells fishy.

[Edited on 3-25-2011 by mtgoat666]

the fishy in me says you smell skeptic:lol::lol:

surfdoc - 3-26-2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote:

LOL ..............and on this hilarious note.....I will now attempt to go out and do something constructive...

"we can be sure to find the property"..............yea only if you have it safely stored already............

Damn funny stuff right there.

gnukid - 3-26-2011 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob
Quote:

I just imagine it will be in its original shape, yup just wait to get the paperwork sorted out and the boat will be sitting all ready to go fishing...

Great Bob, lash out in anger at me or anyone?

There is a logical trail to follow in civil society, that discussion has been lacking here.

Crimes are solvable. It's also possible to receive compensation, But you must follow the civil path, as opposed to illogical.

I have lost many things to criminals in Baja, but I have also had items returned, one thing that is apparent, is that thieves don't often use the things they steal, the items often sit garaged or ware-housed not in use.

Let's start being real here. If the victim is serious, they must produce title and purchase receipt, replacement costs, and they must demonstrate some evidence that the alleged perp did in fact take the boat, two witnesses would help-which they have according to their story.

With these pieces of evidence a case may begin and the perp can be arrested, or perhaps a civil suit and judgement, lien filed, etc... Recompensation and punishment may be decided.

There is no need to be mad at me or Goat or anyone, that is a waste of time.

There is a requirement for evidence and civil pursuit of the case toward resolution. It can be resolved with an effort.

Realistically the evidence should be in the hands of the victims right now, and the case can filed right now. People in the know such as Elvinst8 and Ramuna should be able to offer clear and direct advice, as I am but, notice no one has, except perhaps Goat.

Let's refocus on the facts, the evidence and then resolution.

baronvonbob - 3-26-2011 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Great Bob, lash out in anger at me or anyone?

There is a logical trail to follow in civil society, that discussion has been lacking here.

Crimes are solvable. It's also possible to receive compensation, But you must follow the civil path, as opposed to illogical.

I have lost many things to criminals in Baja, but I have also had items returned, one thing that is apparent, is that thieves don't often use the things they steal, the items often sit garaged or ware-housed not in use.

Let's start being real here. If the victim is serious, they must produce title and purchase receipt, replacement costs, and they must demonstrate some evidence that the alleged perp did in fact take the boat, two witnesses would help-which they have according to their story.

With these pieces of evidence a case may begin and the perp can be arrested, or perhaps a civil suit and judgement, lien filed, etc... Recompensation and punishment may be decided.

There is no need to be mad at me or Goat or anyone, that is a waste of time.

There is a requirement for evidence and civil pursuit of the case toward resolution. It can be resolved with an effort.

Realistically the evidence should be in the hands of the victims right now, and the case can filed right now. People in the know such as Elvinst8 and Ramuna should be able to offer clear and direct advice, as I am but, notice no one has, except perhaps Goat.

Let's refocus on the facts, the evidence and then resolution.

Sir, I am not lashing out in anger at you or anyone! Actually I am laughing. Where else can you get this much comment about activities in Baja? There is people looking the length of the Peninsula for this boat. If the wrongful people have it it will be sorted out. If it has not been stripped!
I just have a different opinion. I would be asking for help to locate my boat if it was missing, I would also be doing my local paperwork. I am not sure I see the need to submit the reeipt to my boat for observation by BN community. Each individual in the Community has their own ability to determine if they have seen it, (the boat) or even want to help, as well as make comments on the proper procedure.

Thus said, I strongly disagree that the criminals, (if they are) will hold the boat for any civil action. The community I reside in has been hit heavily by banditos in the last several years and I surely do not see any items returning. In fact the local municipal police department does not really want to respond because the PERPS are not incarcerated long enough to keep them out of circulation. Thus they come back and start robbing in their old haunts.

I am not mad or angry just making observations!

latina - 3-26-2011 at 01:19 PM

Just a recap of the facts and evidence:

We have original title and bills of sale for our boat, trailer and motor.

We hired JIM CONNOLLY to transport our boat and trailer from our home in La Paz to San Diego, based on his advertisements on Craigslist and uShip, and his claim of a mutual friend in common.

We have the receipt from the money we wired to JIM CONNOLLY's account to pay for the insurance and 50% of the cost of the job.

We have the letter of authorization giving JIM CONNOLLY permission to transport our property between the dates of March 1st and March 8th.

We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport.

We have the tapes from our security cameras showing JIM CONNOLLY in our garage and driving away from our house with our property on March 2nd.

We have the uShip conversation on March 3rd between JIM CONNOLLY and another client where JIM CONNOLLY says he is in Cabo.

We have the eye witness account of JIM CONNOLLY south of Loreto on March 9th without our boat and trailer.

We have the phone records of JIM CONNOLLY telling us that our boat & trailer were stolen and that he had not insured them. In that same call he told us he had made a police report in Rosarito, which he did not.

As far as we are concerned the picture is crystal clear. Unfortunately for us we were in Vancouver when we finally reached JIM CONNOLLY and he told us the story about our boat and trailer. Now, on top of being relieved of our cash and our property we have to change our plans and return to La Paz to make the real police report, as it must be done in person.

We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have. We have filled out reports in Spanish and English and inconvenienced our friends in La Paz who have spoken to the authorities on our behalf.

If JIM CONNOLLY was the professional he advertised himself as he would be the one doing all this. The boat and trailer disappeared in his care and custody. Instead he has vanished and we are sure he only answered his cellphone on March 18th because he didn't recognize our Vancouver phone number.

Thank you to those of you who have helped us with this huge task.

desertcpl - 3-26-2011 at 01:28 PM

I have been following this since it first started,, the one thing that I dont understand so far is.

why has there not been a reward offered for the boat, either for the return or location where it might be, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be done

elgatoloco - 3-26-2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina

We have original title and bills of sale for our boat, trailer and motor.

We hired JIM CONNOLLY to transport our boat and trailer from our home in La Paz to San Diego, based on his advertisements on Craigslist and uShip, and his claim of a mutual friend in common.

We have the receipt from the money we wired to JIM CONNOLLY's account to pay for the insurance and 50% of the cost of the job.

We have the letter of authorization giving JIM CONNOLLY permission to transport our property between the dates of March 1st and March 8th.

We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport.

We have the tapes from our security cameras showing JIM CONNOLLY in our garage and driving away from our house with our property on March 2nd.

We have the uShip conversation on March 3rd between JIM CONNOLLY and another client where JIM CONNOLLY says he is in Cabo.

We have the eye witness account of JIM CONNOLLY south of Loreto on March 9th without our boat and trailer.

We have the phone records of JIM CONNOLLY telling us that our boat & trailer were stolen and that he had not insured them. In that same call he told us he had made a police report in Rosarito, which he did not.

As far as we are concerned the picture is crystal clear. Unfortunately for us we were in Vancouver when we finally reached JIM CONNOLLY and he told us the story about our boat and trailer. Now, on top of being relieved of our cash and our property we have to change our plans and return to La Paz to make the real police report, as it must be done in person.

We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have. We have filled out reports in Spanish and English and inconvenienced our friends in La Paz who have spoken to the authorities on our behalf.

If JIM CONNOLLY was the professional he advertised himself as he would be the one doing all this. The boat and trailer disappeared in his care and custody. Instead he has vanished and we are sure he only answered his cellphone on March 18th because he didn't recognize our Vancouver phone number.

Thank you to those of you who have helped us with this huge task.

Here's hoping you get the boat back and JIM CONNOLLY gets what is coming to him. :fire:

Best of luck to you.

egl

fishabductor - 3-26-2011 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I have been following this since it first started,, the one thing that I dont understand so far is.

why has there not been a reward offered for the boat, either for the return or location where it might be, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be done

If it were my boat..there would be a reward on it, a reward of at least 1/2 the replacement cost for all the equipment involved. the reward would have been offered immediately upon my finding the boat missing. you need to grease the wheels of the machine...in Mexico $$$$ is the grease. The more grease you apply the faster the results should be. Cops in baja don't make jack.... so a large reward gets everyone's attention.

How much does that little boat draft? It would make an ideal flats boat, which is what carolina skiffs are designed for. I think it would be hard to sell as a complete unit on the SOC or pacific. But it would make an ideal mag bay boat.

desertcpl - 3-26-2011 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

If it were my boat..there would be a reward on it, a reward of at least 1/2 the replacement cost for all the equipment involved. the reward would have been offered immediately upon my finding the boat missing. you need to grease the wheels of the machine...in Mexico $$$$ is the grease. The more grease you apply the faster the results should be. Cops in baja don't make jack.... so a large reward gets everyone's attention.

How much does that little boat draft? It would make an ideal flats boat, which is what carolina skiffs are designed for. I think it would be hard to sell as a complete unit on the SOC or pacific. But it would make an ideal mag bay boat.

YUP

Phil S - 3-26-2011 at 06:49 PM

How Many police agencies in Rosario that "he could have made a police report"???
Municipal. Federale, Military??????

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by Phil S]

DENNIS - 3-26-2011 at 06:53 PM

This is morphing from unfortunate to ridiculous. Call the insurance company.

Phil S - 3-26-2011 at 07:55 PM

Dennis. What insurance company????? Did I miss something in prior posts?????

DENNIS - 3-26-2011 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Dennis. What insurance company????? Did I miss something in prior posts?????

I thought I had read above, somewhere [maybe a blog I was reading], that this rig was insured, Phil. Am I wrong?
Lemme go back and look again.

DENNIS - 3-26-2011 at 08:13 PM

"We have the insurance agent's name and have talked to her about her conversation with JIM CONNOLLY and his personal decision not to insure our boat and trailer for transport."
-------------------

Unfortunatly, I stand corrected.

mtgoat666 - 3-26-2011 at 10:03 PM

Quote:

still are jut the anonymous rants of a someone alleging criminal activity, but hiding behind alias.

i look forward to jim connolly telling his side of the story -- if there even is a story -- hope that happens here.

mtgoat666 - 3-26-2011 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
We have made the on-line denuncia and we did not do it anonymously, even though we could have.

is this a govt filing or what you posted here? if govt, where does one do this online? and can you really do it anonymously?

gnukid - 3-26-2011 at 11:10 PM

It's easy to prosecute a crime if you have title, purchase receipt, evidence of theft, witnesses to the facts of a crime, etc... a criminal and civil case could be initiated and completed toward resolution.

If the victims have any questions about how to report the crime or pursue it, please ask.

jenny.navarrette - 3-26-2011 at 11:25 PM

Quote:
still are jut the anonymous rants of a someone alleging criminal activity, but hiding behind alias.

i look forward to jim connolly telling his side of the story -- if there even is a story -- hope that happens here.

Señor Goat: If you were not so lazy, you would just Google "connollycorp" and read the post where the person who contracted for a boat haul immediately after latina posted that Jim Connolly ran off with his deposit.

By the way, not that it matters, but "La Tina" means "The Tub" in Spanish.

DENNIS - 3-27-2011 at 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
By the way, not that it matters, but "La Tina" means "The Tub" in Spanish.

:lol::lol: Are you sure you wanted to say that? She may never hear the end of it. :lol::lol:

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by DENNIS]

Pescador - 3-27-2011 at 08:10 AM

Quote:

But, isn't a seperate policy available for theft if the boat isn't connected or in the water? Sounds like that's what you have with Progressive. Interesting that that will work in Mexico. Do you need to submit a police report when you get back to the states, or is there more needed to prove it was stolen?

David, I did a lot of research on finding an insurere who would insure a boat for theft in Mexico and none of the Mexican companies would cover it except for when it was being towed. I think that may be because of the high incidence of thefts in Mexico, but I can not actually verify that. The only two companies that actually would cover the boat were Progressive and Lloyds of London (who were way out of line on the price). I suspect that a lot of people have the theft coverage on their boat but fail to realize that their boat is not covered except for when they are towing it.

Pescador - 3-27-2011 at 08:16 AM

When Bill Erhardt's trailer got stolen and in response to this theft, I need to repeat that there is a large difference in Mexico of who you report crimes to. If you report to the Municipal Police the chances of any meaningful investigation or theft recovery is severly limited. They do a pretty good job of writing tickets and doing small stuff around town. If you have a theft, you need to file a report with Policia Minesterial who are a Federal Police. They have far reaching powers and get much more quickly to the bottom of things with their investigations and can make contacts with the Municipal police if necessary.
We had a series of breakins that were mismanaged by the local guys but when the report was made to the Minesterial, things happened very quick and the perps ended up immediately in jail. Even the Minesterial guys were frustrated by how the Municpal guys handled things. If you ask a local about how strong the Minesterial guys are, they just kinda shake and say they do not want to ever be interrogated by them as they are kinda strong in their "tactics".

fishabductor - 3-27-2011 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
When Bill Erhardt's trailer got stolen and in response to this theft, I need to repeat that there is a large difference in Mexico of who you report crimes to. If you report to the Municipal Police the chances of any meaningful investigation or theft recovery is severly limited. They do a pretty good job of writing tickets and doing small stuff around town. If you have a theft, you need to file a report with Policia Minesterial who are a Federal Police. They have far reaching powers and get much more quickly to the bottom of things with their investigations and can make contacts with the Municipal police if necessary.
We had a series of breakins that were mismanaged by the local guys but when the report was made to the Minesterial, things happened very quick and the perps ended up immediately in jail. Even the Minesterial guys were frustrated by how the Municpal guys handled things. If you ask a local about how strong the Minesterial guys are, they just kinda shake and say they do not want to ever be interrogated by them as they are kinda strong in their "tactics".

thanks for that tip, when we got robbed I reported it to the municipal guys...nothing happened. next time I am going to the feds

baronvonbob - 4-17-2011 at 09:40 AM

Any news on what the outcome is?

DENNIS - 4-17-2011 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Any news on what the outcome is?

If you have a can of beer in your hand, you're probably looking at his trailer.

JESSE - 4-17-2011 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Just so you know, latina is a neighboor of mine, and a very respected and decent member of our community. In this particular case, your doubts about her are completely wrong.

Your barking at the wrong tree.

baronvonbob - 4-17-2011 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Just so you know, latina is a neighboor of mine, and a very respected and decent member of our community. In this particular case, your doubts about her are completely wrong.

Well I am still curious about the outcome? There is an advertisement by the same fellow on craigslist in Orange County advertising to transport boats!

mtgoat666 - 4-17-2011 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Quote:

your information is hearsay, not admissable. the allegations are still anonymous, so not worth squat.

JESSE - 4-17-2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

your information is hearsay, not admissable. the allegations are still anonymous, so not worth squat.

"hearsay"? what is this? a court of law? LOL!!!!

latina is NOT a fake, not somebody trying to smear someone, shes a serious, responsible, decent person. I know her, plenty of people in La Paz knows her, so her allegations are NOT anonymous.

Find something better to do with your time.

baronvonbob - 4-17-2011 at 01:10 PM

SO ANYWAY WHAT HAS HAPPENED. Not interested in OLD GOATS just curious as to the disposition?

Phil S - 4-21-2011 at 11:39 AM

Jesse. Since Latina is a neighbor of yours, and hasn't posted for a while, do you have any news as to how they are doing with this case????? I think the success of finding the boat by now is s.o.l. A reward of a minimum of $1,000.00 sure would have gotten the "greased wheels" as was quoted earlier moving. Too much time has lapsed now. Another missing boat. And I'm sure there have been hundreds by now over the years never found????

latina - 4-21-2011 at 01:36 PM

Hi Nomads. I am sorry that I have not been keeping those of you that have helped us and shown interest in our problems up to speed and thank you Jesse for your kind words. Since I last posted, the case of our stolen boat and trailer has had more twists and turns than Mex 1. We are trying to get compensated for our property by Jim Connolly, the person we hired to transport our boat and trailer to San Diego and are patiently waiting for his next move. Be assured we have a strategy and I will post again and fill in all the details when we are happy with the conclusion. Thanks again, latina.

BajaBlanca - 4-21-2011 at 04:55 PM

@ Latina = still wishing you the BEST of luck in a terrible situation that should never have happened.

baronvonbob - 4-21-2011 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Nomads. I am sorry that I have not been keeping those of you that have helped us and shown interest in our problems up to speed and thank you Jesse for your kind words. Since I last posted, the case of our stolen boat and trailer has had more twists and turns than Mex 1. We are trying to get compensated for our property by Jim Connolly, the person we hired to transport our boat and trailer to San Diego and are patiently waiting for his next move. Be assured we have a strategy and I will post again and fill in all the details when we are happy with the conclusion. Thanks again, latina.

I wish you the best! Your luck can only get better! You cam alwaye sacrifice a goat, use the older one!!!!

Phil S - 4-22-2011 at 08:17 AM

I bet Jim Connelly, if he continues in business, and compensates you, will never transport without it being insured, which is what he should have done in the beginning. Especially after taking your money to buy insurance. What a dork. Maybe worse than that. Maybe delusional about what common sense actually means. When one steps beyond reality, one enters the world of fantasy. Mr. Connelly must have felt he was Superman when he decided that he didn't need to insure the 'cargo'. He wasn't going to have a problem. So why not 'pocket' the premium paid to him in trust by his client? Fantasy !!! Now we approach a 'moral' issue. Anyone want to pick it up from here??????

LancairDriver - 4-22-2011 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
I bet Jim Connelly, if he continues in business, and compensates you, will never transport without it being insured, which is what he should have done in the beginning. Especially after taking your money to buy insurance. What a dork. Maybe worse than that. Maybe delusional about what common sense actually means. When one steps beyond reality, one enters the world of fantasy. Mr. Connelly must have felt he was Superman when he decided that he didn't need to insure the 'cargo'. He wasn't going to have a problem. So why not 'pocket' the premium paid to him in trust by his client? Fantasy !!! Now we approach a 'moral' issue. Anyone want to pick it up from here??????

If he took the money to insure the boat he IS the insurance company and is responsible. As to moral character....it looks like he has already established that. Anyone who has any business dealings with him after reading these posts is asking for trouble.

you asked for it

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2011 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Now we approach a 'moral' issue. Anyone want to pick it up from here??????

the moral issue is that people should not post criminal accusations on the internet hiding behind an anonymous screen name.
when the accuser does not reveal their name, my first conclusion is that the crime did not occur as alleged, and the accuser is probably a biased person just trying to grind an axe.

as of now, i suspect that jim connolly did not lose the boat, and probably never took possession of a boat to transport.

latina's story is fishy.

Sherman - 4-22-2011 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:

the moral issue is that people should not post criminal accusations on the internet hiding behind an anonymous screen name.
when the accuser does not reveal their name, my first conclusion is that the crime did not occur as alleged, and the accuser is probably a biased person just trying to grind an axe.

as of now, i suspect that jim connolly did not lose the boat, and probably never took possession of a boat to transport.

latina's story is fishy.

1. (noun) dimwit, nitwit, half-wit, doofus
a stupid incompetent person
Synonyms: nitwit, marooon, doofus, cretin, dimwit, idiot, changeling, retard, imbecile, half-wit

I like doofus.

[Edited on 4-22-2011 by Sherman] I don't know what a "marooon"is. When I edit I see "marooon", which is apropos.

[Edited on 4-22-2011 by Sherman]

Cypress - 4-22-2011 at 10:10 AM

latina reported a boat and trailer stolen/lost that had been intrusted to a guy named John Connolly. And she's the villain?:?: What sort of twisted logic leads anyone to that conclusion?

JESSE - 4-22-2011 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:

latina's story is fishy.

Who cares about your conclusion, some people simply like their privacy and don't want their name all over boards like this, specially when people that have way too much time (like you) are just sitting around waiting to dream up plots that don't exist.

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2011 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
some people simply like their privacy and don't want their name all over boards like this,

you mean like the accused??

jesse, the accused was tarred and feathered by an anonymous poster. i always support the underdog, the innocent until proven guilty.

i always view anonymous accusations with suspicion, as most are usually false - that's why they are made anonymously.

i never said i don't believe latina, just doubt him or her

[Edited on 4-22-2011 by mtgoat666]

Cypress - 4-22-2011 at 01:21 PM

soulpatch,:D

JESSE - 4-22-2011 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
some people simply like their privacy and don't want their name all over boards like this,

jesse, the accused was tarred and feathered by an anonymous poster. i always support the underdog, the innocent until proven guilty.

i always view anonymous accusations with suspicion, as most are usually false - that's why they are made anonymously.

"Anonymous: refers to something or someone whose identity is not currently known."

Her identity IS known, just because she doesn't want to reveal it to you, it doesn't mean plenty of nomads, don't know it.

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2011 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Anonymous: refers to something or someone whose identity is not currently known."

Her identity IS known, just because she doesn't want to reveal it to you, it doesn't mean plenty of nomads, don't know it.

cookie:
bs.
latina has posted here about only one thing. her history smells of a spurned one night stand coming here to practice internet retaliation.
if she is so well known, wtf is she known for?
bar fly?

DENNIS - 4-22-2011 at 05:20 PM

Jeeeezo....you guys are running out of "nice" I see. Keep up the good work. :o

JESSE - 4-22-2011 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cookie:
bs.
latina has posted here about only one thing. her history smells of a spurned one night stand coming here to practice internet retaliation.
if she is so well known, wtf is she known for?
bar fly?

Dude, take your meds, your too loco.

wilderone - 4-23-2011 at 07:26 AM

"...when the accuser does not reveal their name, my first conclusion is that the crime did not occur as alleged, and the accuser is probably a biased person just trying to grind an axe."

A little paranoid, narrow minded, negative, biased? You, Dennis and MrBillM should get together and have a negativity fest. For starters you can all fill your glass half empty.

mcfez - 4-23-2011 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:

latina's story is fishy.

Insane conclusion goat.

You say the accuser does not reveal their name......and yet you sit here behind your keyboard accusing someone here of deception in the form of an untruthful statement. You are doing the same thing......what's your full name goat? :lol:

I can think of better formats to smear someone's name other than this little Bajanomad board. Why would anyone write up such a lengthy post on a little known website as this?

Again goat....congratulations on making yourself looking like an ass.

Alan - 4-23-2011 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Here are some photos of the missing boat and trailer...

I think I passed this boat yesterday on the malecon here in La Paz. I was going the opposite direction and couldn't turn around. Didn't see the name of the boat but it did say Carolina Skiff and had a Suzuki outboard. I didn't even see the make of the truck that was pulling it other than to note it was silver. The boat did look a little rougher condition than the boat in the picture but I don't know how old that picture is.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps other that to say it "might" be here in La Paz. I'll keep my eyes open in case I see it again to hopefully get more info for you.

mtgoat666 - 4-23-2011 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
I think I passed this boat yesterday on the malecon here in La Paz. I was going the opposite direction and couldn't turn around. Didn't see the name of the boat but it did say Carolina Skiff and had a Suzuki outboard. I didn't even see the make of the truck that was pulling it other than to note it was silver. The boat did look a little rougher condition than the boat in the picture but I don't know how old that picture is.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps other that to say it "might" be here in La Paz. I'll keep my eyes open in case I see it again to hopefully get more info for you.

probably never left latina's possession, or perhaps she never owned a boat. we may never know the extent of her fabrications. who knows? is latina actually mcfez? perhaps so.

goldhuntress - 4-23-2011 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
probably never left latina's possession, or perhaps she never owned a boat. we may never know the extent of her fabrications. who knows? is latina actually mcfez? perhaps so.

Wow. I hope you never have to post a "I need your help " type post. I don't think anyone will care. :(

mcfez - 4-23-2011 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress

Wow. I hope you never have to post a "I need your help " type post. I don't think anyone will care. :(

goldhuntress.....he'll never ask for help ...most mental cases have no idea of their dire state of mind.

Untitled-1.jpg - 44kB

BajaGringo - 4-23-2011 at 09:42 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 4-23-2011 at 09:56 AM

WOW....That's what's missing from my wall of awards. :rolleyes:.

DENNIS - 4-23-2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
A little paranoid, narrow minded, negative, biased? You, Dennis and MrBillM should get together and have a negativity fest. For starters you can all fill your glass half empty.

Morderme, por favor. :cool:

BajaGringo - 4-23-2011 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone

Morderme, por favor. :cool:

Really, on the first date???

BajaBlanca - 4-23-2011 at 04:12 PM

well Pacenos - heads up !!!! the boat may be in your neighborhood !!

UPDATE: STOLEN BOAT & TRAILER

latina - 4-30-2011 at 12:39 PM

JIM CONNOLLY STOLE OUR BOAT & TRAILER the day he left our house with them, way back on March 2nd. Instead of driving north to San Diego as we had paid him to do, he drove straight to Cabo San Lucas, where he made up false California title and registration papers, showing him as the seller, put the word out on the docks that he had a boat for sale, and sold our boat & trailer to another unsuspecting victim!

We know this for a fact, because as fate would have it, on April 11th, when we were on our daily walk to a marina in La Paz, we spotted our boat, with a different name, heading to it's new slip. The young Mexican man who bought it in Cabo had launched it just 10 minutes prior to us seeing it!

We have compared all of our documents with those he received from Jim Connolly and have indisputable proof of Jim Connolly's crimes, proof which was scrutinized and accepted by the Policia Ministerial in Cabo San Lucas. Believe us, the Mexican authorities do not take these kinds of charges lightly. We had to make three trips to Cabo San Lucas, pay for legal translations of all of the documents from English to Spanish, word for word, and provide two witnesses who had to go to Cabo San Lucas to testify to our character. After all that, there are now two outstanding warrants for Jim Connolly's arrest, one for each of his victims.

Jim Connolly has taken two months out of our lives. He strung us along with hard luck stories and empty promises knowing full well he had sold our boat and trailer in Cabo San Lucas a few days after he left our house in La Paz. When he told us everything was stolen in Rosarito, he and his girlfriend were lounging around a hotel pool in Cabo San Lucas, thanks to the money he made from the fraudulent sale.

Since the day he told us our boat and trailer were stolen in Rosarito, he has told us countless times that he would pay us for our "loss", which of course he never did. As recently as last week, he sent us an email saying he was wiring us the money for our boat that was "taken". He never did. It was just another stall tactic. He even had the gaul to chastise us in an email for "all the bad press online". Apparently he still has no idea that we know he was the one who stole our boat and we can prove it (but he's about to find out).

All the comments form this forum and the Bloody Decks must be making it hard for him to get work. His account on UShip was suspended because he defrauded someone else of their cash downpayment. It seems he has changed his phone numbers to avoid the situation he has created.

On top of everything else, now we find ourselves in an impossible situation. We have no insurance, because of course Jim Connolly didn't buy the insurance we paid for. Why would he insure our boat for a trip he knew he was not going to make? Our insurance company will not pay us for our loss, because we have found our boat and trailer. Although we could legally take possession of our boat and trailer, there is another victim to think about : the young man who bought our boat and trailer, to enjoy with his family, after checking to make sure they weren't stolen, way back in the beginning of March. We want Jim Connolly to pay us for the boat and trailer HE STOLE from us, not his other victim.

For two months we have been very patient with Jim Connolly and we gave him the benefit of the doubt until we had the truth staring us in the face. His chances are over and whether he flees Mexico and loses his ability to "earn" a living here or the USA, or ends up in a Mexican jail, it will be because of his own stupid choices and no one else's.

He says he lives in Oxnard, California (false), Ensenada (probably true) and Cabo San Lucas (in hotels). Hopefully the police will catch him soon before he puts anyone else through the same nightmare he continues to put us through.

Thank you so much to those of you who have helped and supported us from the beginning, latina.

[Edited on 4-30-2011 by latina]

mtgoat666 - 4-30-2011 at 01:25 PM

as the stage play is mostly a cast of gringos, i say all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!

Cypress - 4-30-2011 at 01:25 PM

Based on what latina says, Jim Connolly is a low-classed thief. A thief!

BajaBlanca - 4-30-2011 at 01:33 PM

terrible ending to a terrible situation - but I think you have to get your "stolen" boat back from the innocent buyer and he has to then take up recourse with the thief.

LancairDriver - 4-30-2011 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
terrible ending to a terrible situation - but I think you have to get your "stolen" boat back from the innocent buyer and he has to then take up recourse with the thief.

Uh-oh...Sadly, the Mexican lawyers will now squeeze the last peso out of everyone involved in this unfortunate fiasco.

surfdoc - 4-30-2011 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
as the stage play is mostly a cast of gringos, i say all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!

Are you seriously this dense ???

From the begining you have baffled me with some of your thought processes.....

Now I understand you have no process, your stuck on stupid.

Unreal.............

mtgoat666 - 4-30-2011 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Quote:

Are you seriously this dense ???

From the begining you have baffled me with some of your thought processes.....

Now I understand you have no process, your stuck on stupid.

Unreal.............

doc:
why do you hate freedom and US legal principles?

slimshady - 4-30-2011 at 10:36 PM

Legal principals lead intelligent people to believe that probable cause exists for grand theft charges to be brought against Connelly. It's that simple.

Based on the victim's statements and testimony against the suspect an arrest should be made.

Also the owner of the boat is in possession of stolen property and would be advised to cooperate of the mexican police.

That is what court is for "goat"? Mr Connelly can defend his actions with any proof that he has or witnesses. Other than that stop embarrassing yourself with your non-sense troll antics.

latina - 5-1-2011 at 06:26 AM

Yes lencho, that is the beauty of it all. The buyer's papers show the seller to be "Jim Connolly". He even has the Louisiana title number on his falsified California documents. That is why we were taken seriously at the Policia Ministerial.

mcfez - 5-1-2011 at 06:34 AM

.....false California title and registration papers.

Sorry....anyone that has money to buy a boat....and then lease a boat slip......oh and lives in Carbo.......must have money from being EDUCATED. The Mexican couple should had done their own checking of the legal docs. Easy to do.

I would take the boat back.

latina - 5-1-2011 at 06:55 AM

mcfez, the man lives in La Paz. He bought the boat in Cabo, where he was working on a yacht. The slip belongs to the yacht and the skiff is tied up there. Because Jim Connolly was in Cabo when we thought he was on the road headed to San Diego, of course the boat was not reported stolen. When the buyer went to the police and the port captain with his documents there were no red flags. Jim Connolly must have a raft of blank documents that he is altering to suit his needs.

As for taking the boat back, the whole thing has gone from straightforward when we thought some nefarious stranger had our boat to a moral issue for us. It is not that simple anymore. The new owner will suffer more financially if we take back the boat, than we will if we don't. We don't know what to do at this point.

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by latina]

goldhuntress - 5-1-2011 at 07:49 AM

Latina~You have followed your instinct and your heart through all of this and I think you should stick with that. Do whatever feels right to you and that will be the best decision. That being said I wonder what the law is in Mex about getting stolen property back that has been purchased by someone. I know of a case where I live in CA. of an estate jewelry store unknowingly buying stolen property and they were NOT obligated to give it back to the owners. The owners had to buy it back. I think that if the thief had been arrested and convicted the store owner would then have had to give the items back to the rightful owner and go after the the defendant(thief) for restitution. Good luck with all this.

slimshady - 5-1-2011 at 08:50 AM

Follow your heart. If the buyer is in need of the boat and taking it away from him will devastate his family's source of revenue then perhaps letting him keep it. He however must testify in your behalf while you seek out punishment and compensation against Mr. Connelly. He should not only fincially pay for your loss and damages, he will pay his time in the mexican jail system. Their are two victims now You and the new boat owner.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-1-2011 at 09:19 AM

I'm glad you finally know what happened to your property. Get that M...F’r but good. In conjunction with law enforcement intervention he needs a good A.. whipping and I mean a good one. The kind where several bones are broken, then, maybe he will get the hint. And of course I do not condone violence...Yea right!

mtgoat666 - 5-1-2011 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Jim Connolly must have a raft of blank documents that he is altering to suit his needs.

latina,
comments like this reveal your biased, perhaps jilted-girlfriend status -- makes me think you are telling tales that suit yourself.

where is evidence he has done this other times? a "raft" of documents? you indicate he is still doing this or has done it elsewhere. evidence? or just another anonymous allegations?

honestly, your boat looks like it was worth all of $2,000. the story makes no sense. why would the alleged perp go to such lengths for a dinghy with outboards?

wilderone - 5-1-2011 at 09:25 AM

Thank you for updating us about the outcome. Intriguing final chapter! If the new buyer is honest and cooperative, maybe you and he can come to a stipulated settlement (signed document) whereby he can compensate you over time - make payments to a sum certain. Just a thought.

goldhuntress - 5-1-2011 at 10:39 AM

mtgoat666, with all the stupid, nasty comments you've made on this thread toward latina you sound like the jilted one. Or maybe your Jim Connolly...... By the way your getting really boring:yawn:
Quote:
Quote:
Jim Connolly must have a raft of blank documents that he is altering to suit his needs.

latina,
comments like this reveal your biased, perhaps jilted-girlfriend status -- makes me think you are telling tales that suit yourself.

where is evidence he has done this other times? a "raft" of documents? you indicate he is still doing this or has done it elsewhere. evidence? or just another anonymous allegations?

honestly, your boat looks like it was worth all of $2,000. the story makes no sense. why would the alleged perp go to such lengths for a dinghy with outboards?

DENNIS - 5-1-2011 at 10:50 AM

DK's gonna be around shortly to give a quote-box seminar. :lol:

JESSE - 5-1-2011 at 11:02 AM

goat is gone loco, theres just no other way to put it, or hes jim connellys lover or something.

latina - 5-1-2011 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for the support. "mtgoat666" thinks he's a devil's advocate. That's why he is always offering up his opinions to the contrary of all logic.

Just so you all know, Jim Connolly sold our boat and trailer for $9000us cash. We paid him $750us for the boat transport and $100us to put him up in a hotel. We have paid $450us to an attorney/translator to have all the documents (titles, bills of sale) translated from english to spanish. Aside from all the time and anxiety, the cost of staying 5 nights in San Diego waiting on him to arrive with our boat and trailer, and three trips to Cabo San Lucas to the police station, Jim Connolly has cost us well over $10,000!

absinvestor - 5-1-2011 at 11:40 AM

Latina- I have followed this thread from the beginning and have not made a comment. I would now like to make my opinion public- your comment that taking the boat back from the new owner- a person who appears to be honest- would financially hurt the new owner (more than the benefit you would receive by taking the boat back) shows a lot about your character. Good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people. I would much prefer to be in your shoes than in Jim Connellys!!

surfdoc - 5-1-2011 at 11:56 AM

Latina,

I believe you said that Jim Connoly has a F350 4X4, at least that was the truck I was looking for. If so, what would be the legal possibility of you seizing his truck if he is caught in Baja to hold against $$ owed ?

And I also agree you are a solid couple for thinking of the other party in terms of possession of the boat.

Good luck in the future.....

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by surfdoc]

mcfez - 5-1-2011 at 11:59 AM

Quote:

It is not that simple anymore. The new owner will suffer more financially if we take back the boat, than we will if we don't.
[Edited on 5-1-2011 by latina]

Wow....you are indeed #1 in my books here. Consideration of the other party over your own loss. Not much of this is seen these days. Good for you.....

absinvestor - 5-1-2011 at 01:35 PM

McFez- I would agree that "consideration of the other party" isn't seen a lot these days but it still happens (probably more than we realize.) In 2001 I was a realtor and represented a young couple in their first home purchase. About 3 years later the couple called me and said they were going thru a divorce and needed to sell the property. Unfortunately, they had taken out a line of credit (2nd mortgage) on the home to go on vacation etc. The combined loan balances were about equal to the value of the home. I told them that I would sell the home for free. (They had stopped making payments on both mortgages.) We got lucky and found a cash buyer. The buyer would do a quick closing but wouldn't pay full price. In order for the deal to work the sellers would have to bring about $2700 to closing. As a divorcing young couple they were living paycheck to paycheck and didn't have any savings. I didn't want to see this young couple further damage their credit and have the home go to foreclosure so I agreed to give them the $2700 that they needed to close. I made it clear that the money was not a loan. We successfully closed the sale and as we walked out of the closing room the sellers tearfully thanked me for the gift etc. About a week after closing I received a call from the groom's dad. He said his son had explained what I had done and the dad wanted to make it right. He said he didn't have the cash but could pay me $50 or $75 a month until the loan had been repaid. I thanked the dad for the call but explained the money I had paid at closing was a gift and not a loan. The father's voice cracked and he said "God bless you" and the phone went dead. Fast forward to June 2006 and a deposit of $15000 appeared in my business checking account. I called the bank to inquire about the error and was told the deposit was made with a generic deposit slip, in cash, with a handwritten note that said "Thank you, Ron." I believed that the money had been credited to my account in error and told the bank manager to call me when the rightful owner called about his missing deposit. 10 days after the deposit I received an envelope postmarked in Argentina. Inside was a letter from the father. He said he had deposited $15000 into my account. He said the deposit was to cover a waived commission on the sale of a house and a favor I had done for his son. He underllined the sentence that said the $15000 was a gift and could not be repaid!! Other than the postmark, there was no return address or any other information. If the father is a member of BajaNomad let me say thanks!!

DENNIS - 5-1-2011 at 01:44 PM

Great story. Thanks.

JESSE - 5-1-2011 at 01:58 PM

Told you they´re good people.

latina - 5-1-2011 at 03:07 PM

Thank you for all your kind comments. That is a great story absinvestor.

I am not sure how one would go about seizing property to pay restitution in Mexico, Surfdoc. I guess we will never know until he is found and arrested.

slimshady - 5-1-2011 at 05:29 PM

Goat is a criminal's dream as a potential jury member. I know people like this always thinking the opposite of rational thought. Nothing is for sure and nothing for certain. Decisions take forever and nothing gets done.

Cypress - 5-1-2011 at 05:34 PM

Ever see a squirrel in the middle of the road? You never know which way he's gonna go. Sometimes he just dithers around and gets run over. Sorta reminds me of liberals.;)

Bajafun777 - 5-1-2011 at 10:17 PM

Latina, you and your family did nothing wrong either nor should you suffer the loss. You have nothing to feel guilty for in recovering your property and I doubt that anyone else on this board would kiss $9,000 away not counting your other expenses.

Crooks and thefts always harm more than just those they orginally steal from or do wrong to. Wrongful acts do not make the victim become the person needing to make others wronged whole from something that was done illegally to them. You can't feed the entire world and you can't be responsible for crooks illegal actions to you and others they cheat along their criminal path.

Use the court system in Mexico and let the Judge make the call on you getting your boat back. Again, you are not responsible even though you are concerned for another victim. The real problem here is did this jerk also sell the boat to someone else that hasn't come forward yet too?? Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

monoloco - 5-2-2011 at 06:16 AM

Use the court system in Mexico? The boat will be an antique before you get any satisfaction from the Mexican legal system.
 Pages:  1  2