BajaNomad

Planning a few weeks in Baja

Pages:  1  2

fish101 - 9-26-2012 at 03:13 PM

Hey Dillion, hope you look up DOn and Karen and me while your in Loreto, we go out and have a few cold ones one night while your here.. I have the motorhome ready to go back under the roof and in to the shade.. Hope to see you down here this week..

David K - 9-26-2012 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WideAngleWandering
I've come to the inevitable conclusion that there is just too much Baja to see and not enough time to see it on this trip. So frustrating but at least now I know I'll be back.

Had a great time with Shari & crew up at Asuncion. I highly recommend visiting. Their place at the Bufadora Inn is amazing and the campground at Campo Sirena is one of the nicest I've stayed in. A library, wifi, good shower, and surf. What more could you want?

I fled the hurricane (which seems to be fizzling?) for Santa Rosalia. I'm heading down towards Loreto, still pondering a side-trip to Comondu. It's hard to believe I've already been in Baja for over 6 weeks and there's still so much ground to cover.

BIG 10-4 on Juan y Shari's accomodations!

As for Baja and how much you can see... Well, I been going for almost 50 years... and I still haven't seen it all! That's why I say: SO MUCH BAJA... SO LITTLE TIME!

bigboy - 9-26-2012 at 07:59 PM

Great meeting you at Shari and Juan's place. It was fun talking about the people that you met in Punta Banda that are our friends there.
I'm looking forward to future posts on your travels in Baja and points south.

Larry

WideAngleWandering - 9-26-2012 at 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
we sure enjoyed your visit too sir....please dont miss Comondu...your camera will thank you!

As long as the weather looks alright that is going to be my route out of Loredo. I'll hit the mission, San Jose & San Miguel and then down to Francisco Villa to rejoin highway 1.

Quote:
you were so brave out there snorkeling with the sea lions dude!

As brave as a sea lion in the water and as graceful as one on land (trying to climb back into the lancha) - hah.

Quote:
I sure loved riding co-pilot with you in your groovy baja rig...it's the bomb! safe journey amigo and see you back here one day...we have lots more to explore.

Absolutely - I'm going to be telling everyone I know in California about this awesome place just a day's drive from the border. I will definitely be back.

Quote:
fish101:
Hey Dillion, hope you look up DOn and Karen and me while your in Loreto

Done deal. I rolled into Loreto, stopped by and before I knew it they had given me a nice place to park & camp, with free wifi and good company. Lovin' it. I'll track you down tomorrow and maybe be a neighbor for the night.

I remember meeting bigboy, I'm pretty sure I met Dennis too but at this point I'm losing track of names and handles. It seems there are too many friendly folks out here to keep track of :)

shari - 9-26-2012 at 08:44 PM

wish you hadnt left so soon amigo...that Miriam sunset we talked about happened....and the water was a cool blue all right.

WideAngleWandering - 9-26-2012 at 08:54 PM

wow! that is something. curse those weather reports.

Mula - 9-27-2012 at 04:58 AM

If you get to Francisco Villa after the Missions, etc, you might think about making a right hand turn 15 Km down the road towards Lopez Mateos.

It's kind of an interesting little place. Cannery, whale watching.

Nothing like Asuncion - party wise, but never the less.

Let me know if you come this way and we'll be happy to show you around and have a parking place for you.

David K - 9-27-2012 at 08:18 AM

Great Nomad hospitality!

WideAngleWandering - 9-27-2012 at 09:07 AM

That is a great offer Mula. I am sitting here, however, in Loreto watching the rain come down ... and down ... and down ... then I checked the weather report and saw that it will keep coming down until Saturday.

Great for the ranchos and the desert will surely be blooming but I don't know if I'll be able (or maybe just willing!) to drive up to Comondu with this kind of rain.

Not to mention Invest 94E looks like it is coming right up at us as well.

Hmmm, I may need to form Plan D.

DENNIS - 9-27-2012 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
I remember meeting bigboy, I'm pretty sure I met Dennis too but at this point I'm losing track of names and handles. It seems there are too many friendly folks out here to keep track of :)

Yeah....we missed each other although we had some U2U conversations.
It's a small world so it's only a matter of time.
Buen viaje.

bryanmckenzie - 10-27-2013 at 08:06 AM

Hey WideAngle. Great trip report(s). I've also been reading and looking at pictures on your offsite links the past 5 days. I really liked the high speed ride video from Gonzaga to Coco's to Chapala to BOLA. Nice work. My videos are mostly unedited and not near the professional quality. Ditto for pictures from my"basic" Olympus camera.

But, I've spent way to many hours enjoying your trip rather than finishing my planning details. Happy trails to you and Betsy. Your trip is something that I would do (again). But alas, on this trip next week, I shall be relegated to pavement, due to rental car requirements. Pricey as it is, all you can rent in the USA and take across the border is a "standard" vehicle --- vans, trucks, 4x4's and more are all EXCLUDED by car rental companies, as I've learned the past few days.

Quote:
I've come to the inevitable conclusion that there is just too much Baja to see and not enough time to see it on this trip. So frustrating but at least now I know I'll be back.

Had a great time with Shari & crew up at Asuncion. I highly recommend visiting. Their place at the Bufadora Inn is amazing and the campground at Campo Sirena is one of the nicest I've stayed in. A library, wifi, good shower, and surf. What more could you want?

I fled the hurricane (which seems to be fizzling?) for Santa Rosalia. I'm heading down towards Loreto, still pondering a side-trip to Comondu. It's hard to believe I've already been in Baja for over 6 weeks and there's still so much ground to cover.

[Edited on 2013-10-27 by bryanmckenzie]

Pages:  1  2