BajaNomad

border delays due to sequestration

Pages:  1  2

rts551 - 3-5-2013 at 06:08 PM

Facts: stock market hit a record; housing Prices have come back and the building industry has rebounded, unemployment % has come down, interest rates at all time lows, ETC. What a crock some of you are espousing in this thread. You should be taking advantage of it, investing, getting a job...not crying and whining.

David K - 3-5-2013 at 06:14 PM

Unemployment is unchanged from 4 years ago.

The stock market will correct itself... with everywhere else in the economy, playing the stocks are the only way the 2%ers can make money. It's not real and will come back down.

I have had a little work in my business, not enough (as you can tell by when I am here, lol), I have applied to work other places without success, yet.

My hair J.P.? I get a buzz, #3, cost me $6 + a 33% tip. Who is Bo?

J.P. - 3-5-2013 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Unemployment is unchanged from 4 years ago.

The stock market will correct itself... with everywhere else in the economy, playing the stocks are the only way the 2%ers can make money. It's not real and will come back down.

I have had a little work in my business, not enough (as you can tell by when I am here, lol), I have applied to work other places without success, yet.

My hair J.P.? I get a buzz, #3, cost me $6 + a 33% tip. Who is Bo?

The Obama Dog.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

rts551 - 3-5-2013 at 06:28 PM

despite what the extremist radio and television talk shows say, there is a lot of good news out there....for example the stock market is not correcting, it just doubled in value across the spectrum since the melt down of 2008. Doubled to an all time high. some one is making money...ie the stocks represent business

J.P. - 3-5-2013 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Unemployment is unchanged from 4 years ago

My step son lost his job and his house about 4 years ago. he's about your age. he's had 2 jobs since and is making more money than before. Things were hard for him. He even sold his beloved Harley and used the money to retrain.

that's TOTAL B. S. that's Unemployment is unchanged. Theres work for those WILLING to work.

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by J.P.]

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by J.P.]

Bajaboy - 3-5-2013 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
despite what the extremist radio and television talk shows say, there is a lot of good news out there....for example the stock market is not correcting, it just doubled in value across the spectrum since the melt down of 2008. Doubled to an all time high. some one is making money...ie the stocks represent business

I agree completely. I left my money in the market and in fact started investing in a Real Estate Portfolio fund....only made sense to me...real estate was on sale big time...still is. So instead of whining and pointing fingers, I looked for opportunities.

Much of the whining I hear today reminds me of the 90s. I owned a few gourmet coffee stores and all I heard on the news was doom and gloom. Well finally people started feeling more confident and things changed for the better.

A number of people here say we need to cut taxes but two seconds later complain that not enough people are paying taxes? Which is it? And I wonder how many of those making noise here are actually paying Federal income taxes?

For those that want to whine, it's time to look in the mirror and accept some responsibility for your own destiny:light:

Ateo - 3-5-2013 at 07:18 PM

I agree with Bajaboy and rts551. Thanks for stating what I'm thinking. To those against, let's go eat a taco and relax. San Felipe sound good?

Wally - 3-5-2013 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Facts: stock market hit a record; housing Prices have come back and the building industry has rebounded, unemployment % has come down, interest rates at all time lows, ETC. What a crock some of you are espousing in this thread. You should be taking advantage of it, investing, getting a job...not crying and whining.

Facts do not lie:

On 10.11.2007 we had:

Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14164.5
Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73
GDP Growth: Then +2.5%; Now +1.6%
Americans Unemployed (in Labor Force): Then 6.7 million; Now 13.2 million
Americans On Food Stamps: Then 26.9 million; Now 47.69 million
Size of Fed's Balance Sheet: Then $0.89 trillion; Now $3.01 trillion
US Debt as a Percentage of GDP: Then ~38%; Now 74.2%
US Deficit (LTM): Then $97 billion; Now $975.6 billion
Total US Debt Oustanding: Then $9.008 trillion; Now $16.43 trillion
US Household Debt: Then $13.5 trillion; Now 12.87 trillion
Labor Force Particpation Rate: Then 65.8%; Now 63.6%
Consumer Confidence: Then 99.5; Now 69.6
S&P Rating of the US: Then AAA; Now AA+
VIX: Then 17.5%; Now 14%
10 Year Treasury Yield: Then 4.64%; Now 1.89%
USDJPY: Then 117; Now 93
EURUSD: Then 1.4145; Now 1.3050
Gold: Then $748; Now $1583
NYSE Average LTM Volume (per day): Then 1.3 billion shares; Now 545 million shares

low information voter...

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by Wally]

CortezBlue - 3-5-2013 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Quote:
It's a scare tactic to get everyone up in arms. But regardless, with SENTRI, if my time in line doubles it will still only be, maybe, a 20 mintue wait time

Scare tactic? Please explain...especially if you came up with this idea all by yourself:lol:

Well it is hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed army!

So with that, I think you are correct, I would stay far away from the border, stay at home and read the Huffington Post and bathe yourself in the glow of the warmth of the internet knowing the end is near.

Actually, I just confirmed the reduction of hours with my friend who works border patrol at SY. Boo

Like I said, I think you should stay home, it is obvious that you are not prepared for the government shut down and the mass devistation that will happen! :O

Bajaboy - 3-5-2013 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a scare tactic to get everyone up in arms. But regardless, with SENTRI, if my time in line doubles it will still only be, maybe, a 20 mintue wait time

Scare tactic? Please explain...especially if you came up with this idea all by yourself:lol:

So with that, I think you are correct, I would stay far away from the border, stay at home and read the Huffington Post and bathe yourself in the glow of the warmth of the internet knowing the end is near.

Actually, I just confirmed the reduction of hours with my friend who works border patrol at SY. Boo

Like I said, I think you should stay home, it is obvious that you are not prepared for the government shut down and the mass devistation that will happen! :O

Were you home-schooled?

SFandH - 3-6-2013 at 07:16 AM

WASHINGTON, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

"DHS has singled out Border Patrol agents to receive by far the largest financial penalty of any other group of federal workers. The plan DHS has chosen for Border Patrol agents will mean a 35 percent decline in their paychecks for the rest of the fiscal year and beyond."

Link

DENNIS - 3-6-2013 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
David,you are wrong!Obama did not stop White House tours altogether.Only if you don't have$500,000!!

I wonder how much it costs to sleep in Lincolns bed since the movie?

rts551 - 3-6-2013 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Facts: stock market hit a record...
Stock market didn't hit a record. You need to HONESTLY adjust for inflation to arrive at the true number that is the equivalent today of the old record then.
Quote:
Originally posted by Wally...On 10.11.2007 we had:

Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14164.5
Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73
GDP Growth: Then +2.5%; Now +1.6%
Americans Unemployed (in Labor Force): Then 6.7 million; Now 13.2 million
Americans On Food Stamps: Then 26.9 million; Now 47.69 million
Size of Fed's Balance Sheet: Then $0.89 trillion; Now $3.01 trillion
US Debt as a Percentage of GDP: Then ~38%; Now 74.2%
US Deficit (LTM): Then $97 billion; Now $975.6 billion
Total US Debt Oustanding: Then $9.008 trillion; Now $16.43 trillion
US Household Debt: Then $13.5 trillion; Now 12.87 trillion
Labor Force Particpation Rate: Then 65.8%; Now 63.6%
Consumer Confidence: Then 99.5; Now 69.6
S&P Rating of the US: Then AAA; Now AA+
VIX: Then 17.5%; Now 14%
10 Year Treasury Yield: Then 4.64%; Now 1.89%
USDJPY: Then 117; Now 93
EURUSD: Then 1.4145; Now 1.3050
Gold: Then $748; Now $1583
NYSE Average LTM Volume (per day): Then 1.3 billion shares; Now 545 million shares...
If you'd like to take a stab at a DISHONEST adjustment, click here.

I suppose you could argue that the official US .gov number is real(as long as you don't eat or drive), or you might consider that it is crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Using the BLS official ~~1.5% inflation, I get DOW around 15,500 today.

What is the REAL number using Shadow Stats?

You can cut it any way you like.
I am happy as are a lot of other people. Lot better than 5 years ago.

MitchMan - 3-6-2013 at 10:58 AM

Dow not necessarily a good measure as to how US businesses are doing on things that contribute to the GDP. Much of the record profits comes from multinational companies that get over 45% of their revenues overseas, low costs capital due to low interest rates, lower costs of labor due to high unemployment and weak to non-existant collective bargaining, existing corp tax breaks, availability of more and more tax exempt state and local bonds as a holding place for the exess cash held on hand by business, continually growing worker productivity, and taxing cap gains and dividends and other passive income at half the tax rates of the wage earner all lead to higher profits and profit retention.

Big profits do not necessarily mean a booming economy at home, nor does it indicate that Main Street is doing all that well.

To me, a meagerly growing GDP (or even a robustly growing GDP) taken together with high corporate profits does not mean a "good" economy if it doesn't coincide with working class compensation and wealth growing at the same or at least similar pace as the creation of wealth and increase in incomes for the economy as a whole. To me a good economy is one where the gains by the economy are reflected more in the growth of compensation and growth of wealth for the working class in much better proportions than they have been, especially lately.

An economy where working class incomes are stagnant and working class wealth has stagnated or deteriorated and where the vast majority of the increases in incomes and wealth are primarily at the top few percentiles, to me, is not a healthy economy, and that's what we have.

David K - 3-6-2013 at 11:08 AM

MitchMan, you seem very wise. Can you see a correction coming to the market? Is now the time to sell for anyone who had lost big time the past 6 years as it is close to being back where it was before the dark times came to the economy here?

My in laws lost so much of their retirement with the market crash... it would be really terrible if they had an opportunity to change their stocks to something else at this time, and waiting too long.

Sandlefoot - 3-6-2013 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Dow not necessarily a good measure as to how US businesses are doing on things that contribute to the GDP. Much of the record profits comes from multinational companies that get over 45% of their revenues overseas, low costs capital due to low interest rates, lower costs of labor due to high unemployment and weak to non-existant collective bargaining, existing corp tax breaks, availability of more and more tax exempt state and local bonds as a holding place for the exess cash held on hand by business, continually growing worker productivity, and taxing cap gains and dividends and other passive income at half the tax rates of the wage earner all lead to higher profits and profit retention.

Big profits do not necessarily mean a booming economy at home, nor does it indicate that Main Street is doing all that well.

To me, a meagerly growing GDP (or even a robustly growing GDP) taken together with high corporate profits does not mean a "good" economy if it doesn't coincide with working class compensation and wealth growing at the same or at least similar pace as the creation of wealth and increase in incomes for the economy as a whole. To me a good economy is one where the gains by the economy are reflected more in the growth of compensation and growth of wealth for the working class in much better proportions than they have been, especially lately.

An economy where working class incomes are stagnant and working class wealth has stagnated or deteriorated and where the vast majority of the increases in incomes and wealth are primarily at the top few percentiles, to me, is not a healthy economy, and that's what we have.

It is sooooo refreshing to see some one that accually understands the influences of how our economy works!!!! There are so many things that are "outside" influences that are not accredited, nor understood. Thank you for the clearity. Most complete assessment I have heard.

Happy Trails

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by Sandlefoot]

MitchMan - 3-6-2013 at 11:27 AM

Predicting when the market will do what in the short term is nearly impossible to predict. I think a person can make good predictions of outcomes for estimated periods of time over the long term, but there could be so many market vacillations over that period that taking current market investment actions is always very risky, especially at market all time highs.

I have dabbled in the equity and currency markets and studied market fundamentals and technicalities but it never became a sure thing...or even anything close to a sure thing. I think it is easier to predict how the economy will do over time than what the market will do in the short term.

Barry A. - 3-6-2013 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Predicting when the market will do what in the short term is nearly impossible to predict. I think a person can make good predictions of outcomes for estimated periods of time over the long term, but there could be so many market vacillations over that period that taking current market investment actions is always very risky, especially at market all time highs.

I have dabbled in the equity and currency markets and studied market fundamentals and technicalities but it never became a sure thing...or even anything close to a sure thing. I think it is easier to predict how the economy will do over time than what the market will do in the short term.

All said here is reasonable, and understandable. But what is the alternative to being "in the Market" if you want to be exposed to historical gains that are really quite good? (+7 to 10% annual) Long-term, Stocks have done quite well, historically, and I don't see anything else that has produced more wealth than the Stock Market, other than illusive and niche Real Estate, which I will argue is even more difficult to predict than the Stock Market.

Still, MitchMan does make good points, and is worth listening too.

Barry

David K - 3-6-2013 at 12:00 PM

Thank you MitchMan!

JoeJustJoe - 3-6-2013 at 01:38 PM

Does anybody have any new actual reports on the border delay?

I heard it was something like 4 or 5 hours by car, and 2 hours walking a few days ago along the US/Mexico border.

I guess there is a website and phone number I could call to get the information I need.

Tecate crossing NB

tripledigitken - 3-6-2013 at 01:43 PM

We crossed about 5pm on Monday and the wait was 1 1/2 hrs.

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by tripledigitken]

SFandH - 3-6-2013 at 02:00 PM

We crossed yesterday (Tuesday) at Otay at 4 PM, it was 20 minutes in the Ready Lane. Two lanes were closed.

CortezBlue - 3-6-2013 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Were you home-schooled?

Wow, that really hurt, do you lay awake at night thinking up these zingers?:lol:

CortezBlue - 3-6-2013 at 04:48 PM

It is really quite simple, lets stop paying the Legislative and the Executive Branches.

Let's reduce or remove the health care policy that the the congress and senate receive and put them on Obamacare, like the rest of us.

Let's remove or reduce the retirements system that pays a large retirement amount after only 4 years of serving.

Then, lets see how much FUD is reduced

FUD=Fear Uncertainty and Doubt

watizname - 3-6-2013 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
It is really quite simple, lets stop paying the Legislative and the Executive Branches.

Let's reduce or remove the health care policy that the the congress and senate receive and put them on Obamacare, like the rest of us.

Let's remove or reduce the retirements system that pays a large retirement amount after only 4 years of serving.

Then, lets see how much FUD is reduced

FUD=Fear Uncertainty and Doubt

BINGO Cortez. :light:

Otay on Monday at 0930

durrelllrobert - 3-6-2013 at 06:24 PM

Ready lane backed up all the way to the Aeropuerto turn off. Because of having to merge with traffic on that road it took almost 1 hour for the 2 lanes to get to the Ready Lane turnoff but only an hour from there to the POE (2 hours total).

TECATE

J.P. - 3-6-2013 at 06:59 PM

We crossed northbound this morning Wed. mar 6 at 9:30 this morning took about 30 min.

liknbaja127 - 3-6-2013 at 07:05 PM

We crossed at Otay today, at 10:45 am. ready lane 20 min.!!

Bajafun777 - 3-7-2013 at 02:20 AM

Getting back and forth from Mexicali has been no problem with my Sentri fast very fast. Now, if you do not have a Sentri then cross at the East Port coming back into the States around 5:30pm to 6:30pm you will breeze through it. This has been the case for the past three weeks I have been going into Mexicali by East Port and see the exiting with less than 20 cars so the time holds for each time I observed the exiting of Mexicali. Now, if your entering Mexicali from 5pm through 7pm plan on a long line and waiting time. This is why I use the East Port not even as long as the Old Port in downtown Calexico. This is not so in summer but during the produce season from November through May the wait is on, LOL. Just life in the Valley information.

SFandH - 3-7-2013 at 07:30 AM

Sequestration brings longer border waits

San Diego Newspaper.

mtgoat666 - 3-7-2013 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Sequestration brings longer border waits

San Diego Newspaper.

Always long waits at border. Congress prefers giving tax breaks to hedge fund managers rather than funding border xings. Congress thinks efficient trade across borders is unnecessary. Congress and cbp are ruining the economies of border towns like san diego

bajaguy - 3-7-2013 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
San Diego Newspaper.

Always long waits at border. Congress prefers giving tax breaks to hedge fund managers rather than funding border xings. Congress thinks efficient trade across borders is unnecessary. Congress and cbp are ruining the economies of border towns like san diego

You elected those people to congress (the House and Senate).....

Congress passed the tax laws..........

And I would think that the DHS/CBP/Border Patrol unions and congress might have a hand in deciding furloughs, layoff and staffing at the border.............blame is a big pie, everybody gets a slice

monoloco - 3-7-2013 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Has the stock market really hit a new high?

http://wallstreetonparade.com/2013/03/is-the-stock-market-se...

Ateo - 3-7-2013 at 01:16 PM

35 minutes last night at San Ysidro at 9pm.

Terry28 - 3-7-2013 at 10:39 PM

Crossed today, thursday, 3pm...30 minutes in the ready lanes...The regular lanes actually looked quicker...only about 25 cars in each line, but i did not time the actual speed....going in on tuesday there were no lines at 1:30 pm, in either the ready lanes or the regular ones...go figure.... This was at Otay..

[Edited on 3-8-2013 by Terry28]

nbacc - 3-8-2013 at 08:13 AM

When I come out in ready lane i often think that the regular lines go faster.,,,,hard to tell, but I wonder, Nancy

rts551 - 3-8-2013 at 06:12 PM

border crossing should get better. Unemployment now down to 7.7% with employment up in all sectors led by construction. More people will have less time to go to baja (at least for those who want to work).

Bajaboy - 3-8-2013 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
border crossing should get better. Unemployment now down to 7.7% with employment up in all sectors led by construction. More people will have less time to go to baja (at least for those who want to work).

Those numbers are made up:lol::lol::lol::lol:

rts551 - 3-8-2013 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No really, I got them from FOX news....They have to be true!:P

chuckie - 3-8-2013 at 07:01 PM

If its on TV or the internet, it's gospel...

Bajajorge - 3-8-2013 at 07:05 PM

Anything over an hour to cross is just the government trying to make a statement that we have to raise taxes to maintain our affluent life style.

Wiles - 3-8-2013 at 07:16 PM

Kinda funny about all these reported increases in wait times, the sequestrations and furloughs don't even take effect until mid April. SOP.

:o

DENNIS - 3-8-2013 at 07:26 PM

It's kinda ironic that the Sequestration is going to have an equally devastating consequence at the border crossings as does Christmas.

Bajaboy - 3-8-2013 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No really, I got them from FOX news....They have to be true!:P

Oh my bad:light: FOX is known for sourcing and verifying their news and would never, ever knowingly or intentionally air misleading information.:spingrin:

durrelllrobert - 3-8-2013 at 07:53 PM

Quote:

All taht number means is that fewr people in the construction industries were first time filers for unemployment. Same thing happened with buggy makers along time ago.

rts551 - 3-8-2013 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

All taht number means is that fewr people in the construction industries were first time filers for unemployment. Same thing happened with buggy makers along time ago.

don't think so. 266,000 jobs added in Feb. 43,000 in the construction industry. I think that means more people working, I think. Less people traveling to Baja, If you want to work.

Russ - 3-10-2013 at 06:31 PM

I went thru yesterday. 2 1/2 hour wait to get to Jack in the Box. then to secondary because Jack couldn't open the rear hatch on my Explorer. I took a long time waiting for someone to start the secondary inspection but I talked to several others that were friendly and busy. Two dog handlers came by and said hi to Mason and one even offered Mason a biscuit. When I got the inspector I told him this was the first time in 20 years I'd been sent to secondary and it was my birthday. He was able to open the hatch, did a quick inspection and moved cars so I could get out of jail. So for only going to secondary once in 20 years it wasn't too bad of an experience. Oh, you can't smoke in your car while waiting. It's considered a government building.:lol::lol: He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

DENNIS - 3-10-2013 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

Did he mention they would be twelve hour days?
Probably not.

Ateo - 3-10-2013 at 07:37 PM

Secondary at Calexico sucked yesterday. Same thing, 5 older guys standing around joking and telling stories, while a young kid interrogated us (in a nice fashion). Seems with 20 years of me crossing they'd build up enough intel to know if I was a drug transporter or not.

Barry A. - 3-10-2013 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Secondary at Calexico sucked yesterday. Same thing, 5 older guys standing around joking and telling stories, while a young kid interrogated us (in a nice fashion). Seems with 20 years of me crossing they'd build up enough intel to know if I was a drug transporter or not.

"older guys"???? That sounds like age-bashing to me!!! as well as criticising them for not being serious------attitude-bashing, for sure!

Don't be too hard on them, Ateo---- I still can't figure out if you are a "drug trausporter" or not.

:saint:

Barry

Ateo - 3-10-2013 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

"older guys"???? That sounds like age-bashing to me!!! as well as criticising them for not being serious------attitude-bashing, for sure!

Don't be too hard on them, Ateo---- I still can't figure out if you are a "drug trausporter" or not.

Barry

Just telling it like it is................the old dudes have grown up, seen how lame this whole debacle is, and all they can do is laugh to get thru the day. I don't blame them. I'd do the same.

=)

elgatoloco - 3-10-2013 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
We crossed yesterday (Tuesday) at Otay at 4 PM, it was 20 minutes in the Ready Lane. Two lanes were closed.

What is the best way to hit the ready lanes:

When coming north on the 'free' road out of Rosarito?
When using Blvd. 2000?

DENNIS - 3-11-2013 at 07:20 AM

San Ysidro/TJ is over three hours this AM.

DENNIS - 3-11-2013 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:

When using Blvd. 2000?

Matt.....Geoff at Bajabound has made some videos of these approaches. I've found them through Google before.

Ateo - 3-11-2013 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:

When using Blvd. 2000?

Blvd. 2000: Follow the road and signs to "Otay Mesa". Keep following the signs....it's a long way!!! When it finally says to turn right to the the Otay Mesa border crossing -- don't. Keep going straight. Turn right at the NEXT street and it'll take you thru the park and school. At the first major street hang a right and you will be in the Ready Lane.

elgatoloco - 3-11-2013 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the info! Plan to put it to use soon. I will report back on my experience, hopefully, if we make it back.

;D

Russ - 3-11-2013 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

Did he mention they would be twelve hour days?
Probably not.

No 12 hour shifts they'll loose a days pay every week. And that really sucks.

chuckie - 3-11-2013 at 06:39 PM

31 minutes @ tecate this morning..

DENNIS - 3-11-2013 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
31 minutes @ tecate this morning..

ooooo goood. Glad to hear that. What time?

chuckie - 3-12-2013 at 12:20 AM

10ish

BajaGeoff - 3-12-2013 at 09:22 AM

Hour and a half in the Mexicali east Ready Lane on Sunday afternoon AND it was after the race in San Felipe when all the teams were heading home. I was expecting to wait at least twice that long. Had a trailer, so no SENTRI, but the Ready Lane was great!

elgatoloco - 3-23-2013 at 10:48 AM

Monday the 18th we spent some quality time (2 hrs 15 mins) in the Ready Lanes at Otay. (Thank you Bajaguy for the easy to follow directions). I now know that January 18th is Benito Juarez's national birthday celebration and every Mexican citizen with documents that have an RFID chip spend the day off crossing north in to the US via the ready lanes. It became apparent to me much too late the regular lanes may have in fact been the way to go on this particular day but......................

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/mexico/

Viva Mexico!

Bajaboy - 3-23-2013 at 10:58 AM

10 minutes last night (Friday @ 9pm) at Mexicali

elgatoloco - 3-23-2013 at 11:31 AM

Quote:
10 minutes last night (Friday @ 9pm) at Mexicali

I feel better already knowing that between the two of us we averaged less then one hour 15 minutes in line! :lol:

SDRonni - 3-24-2013 at 08:36 AM

Eight minutes in SENTRI yesterday morning 11 a.m.:tumble:

elgatoloco - 3-24-2013 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
Eight minutes in SENTRI yesterday morning 11 a.m.:tumble:

Stop with the gloating already! :dudette::lol:

Udo - 3-24-2013 at 07:30 PM

I just had a great brunch with Bajaguy, his wife Lyn, Bajabound2005 (kathleen) and my sister Rhea at the El Morro Inn in Ensenada.
We discussed how long it was going to take to cross the border...because of Semana Santa.

We crossed @ Tecate and crossed in the third fastest time ever...4 minutes!

Bajaboy - 3-24-2013 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I just had a great brunch with Bajaguy, his wife Lyn, Bajabound2005 (kathleen) and my sister Rhea at the El Morro Inn in Ensenada.
We discussed how long it was going to take to cross the border...because of Semana Santa.

Semana Santa:?: It's not until March 25-31.

mtgoat666 - 3-24-2013 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

semana santa started on friday night, this is day 3

willardguy - 3-24-2013 at 08:18 PM

are you sure???? didnt it start today????:?:

Bajaboy - 3-24-2013 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo

semana santa started on friday night, this is day 3

really? http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-life/holidays/semanasantamex...

[Edited on 3-25-2013 by Bajaboy]

BornFisher - 3-24-2013 at 08:33 PM

Way to go Udo!! 4 minutes is 56 less than last Thurs. about 4PM.
PS......... Boy some people sure sweat over minutia around here!!

Pages:  1  2