BajaNomad

Traveling with a badge

Pages:  1  2

BajaRat - 7-24-2013 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Hi Soulpatch, I'm sorry if my "quote boxes" didn't meet your standards and criteria but it's definitely not hard to decipher what I had to say. I'll reiterate one more time just for you. I don't like corrupt law enforcement and people "flashing" a badge (which I pay for) it's corrupt to me and my brothers that fell in the line of duty. I'm not about to get in a swinging dick contest with you soulpatch, you're not worth my time, your arrogant, above the law attitude and response showed your true colors. Do you copy this cowboy?

Take your own advise Bubba, I only chimed on your insult "A badge which I pay for" IE the same entitlement those who abuse there badges feel they have. Stand up for what you write.:cool:

willardguy - 7-24-2013 at 06:01 PM

:lol:im sorry but who in 2013 still says "copy that":lol: remember broderick crawford saying 2150 bye? no disrespect but as an old 13th signal radio operator, the CB lingo just kinda makes you itch;D

Barry A. - 7-24-2013 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
:lol:im sorry but who in 2013 still says "copy that":lol: remember broderick crawford saying 2150 bye? no disrespect but as an old 13th signal radio operator, the CB lingo just kinda makes you itch;D

:lol::lol::lol: Oh oh, "copy that" etc. was appropriated by the "CB'ers" from Law Enforcement and Pilots, and as far as I know is still used by both of them. I have no idea what the "CB'ers" use if they are still out there.

I also have no idea what a "13th signal radio operator" is, but I agree with you that the old CB'ers use to make me "itch" too with their lingo, much of which I never understood. :lol:

Cheers. :spingrin:

Barry

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Barry A.]

BajaRat - 7-24-2013 at 06:29 PM

Willard, I got my ears on good buddy, thats a big 10 4 , smokies closen in :lol:

willardguy - 7-24-2013 at 06:29 PM

breaker breaker good buddy, we got us a convoy!:lol:

Barry A. - 7-24-2013 at 06:39 PM

Where in the world did "breaker, breaker" come from??????? Me thinks they made that one up. :yes:

Barry

BajaRat - 7-24-2013 at 06:40 PM

That's it ! I'm callin the Cops.
On a serious note thanks to all who serve or served with dignity. :cool:

DENNIS - 7-24-2013 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat

What do waitresses have to do with this?? :lol:

BajaRat - 7-24-2013 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

What do waitresses have to do with this?? :lol:

For starters you know what they can do to your food if you act like you own them :yes::yes:

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by BajaRat]

mcfez - 7-24-2013 at 11:42 PM

Texas already has 80 mph limits on some highways, 75 mph on others,

That really translates to 85 - 90 MPH considering most of us here do indeed add that extra 10 mph over the speed limits.

Why on Earth do you wish to go beyond these speeds is just ludicrous. Your topic really does not make any real sense. Are you lonely tonight or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
Headed down to Cabo again this time with my brother. He is 40ty years law enforcement here in Texas. Constable. I have wiggled out of a few tickets telling Feds in Mexico my brother is law enforcement.

So does anyone have first hand experience traveling with someone with a badge? Will the cops in Mexico respect his service, or should we not pull it out ?

He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by mcfez]

Bubba - 7-25-2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Soulpatch, I'm sorry if my "quote boxes" didn't meet your standards and criteria but it's definitely not hard to decipher what I had to say. I'll reiterate one more time just for you. I don't like corrupt law enforcement and people "flashing" a badge (which I pay for) it's corrupt to me and my brothers that fell in the line of duty. I'm not about to get in a swinging dick contest with you soulpatch, you're not worth my time, your arrogant, above the law attitude and response showed your true colors. Do you copy this cowboy?

Take your own advise Bubba, I only chimed on your insult "A badge which I pay for" IE the same entitlement those who abuse there badges feel they have. Stand up for what you write.:cool:

You're quite disillusioned, you sure you're not drinking?

Osprey - 7-25-2013 at 11:26 AM

McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Osprey]

Barry A. - 7-25-2013 at 11:31 AM

I never drive over 70 mph----NEVER!!!! My son is a volunteer Ambulance Driver and NEVER drives over 65, in or out of the ambulance---------both of us have had to clean up after way too many fast drivers that lost control, had a blowout, went to sleep, excetra, and they often took others with them.

SPEED KILLS!!! period. :O

That's my take, anyway/

Barry

mtgoat666 - 7-25-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
I never drive over 70 mph----NEVER!!!! My son is a volunteer Ambulance Driver and NEVER drives over 65, in or out of the ambulance---------both of us have had to clean up after way too many fast drivers that lost control, had a blowout, went to sleep, excetra, and they often took others with them.

SPEED KILLS!!! period. :O

That's my take, anyway/

Barry

agree. statistics also clearly show that your chances of surviving an accident drop dramatically as your speed increases,... you got something like 20-30% better survival rate at 65 mph compared to 80 mph!

MICK - 7-25-2013 at 11:56 AM

Ok I think it's time we set up a meeting with measomsan and beat him with a stick. Or we could just find a dead horse.
mick

wessongroup - 7-25-2013 at 12:07 PM

Naw, just give him a "ride" with Osprey :biggrin::biggrin:

willardguy - 7-25-2013 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Naw, just give him a "ride" with Osprey :biggrin::biggrin:
most famous AND FASTEST citizen of la ribera!:lol: who knew?

DENNIS - 7-25-2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

agree. statistics also clearly show that your chances of surviving an accident drop dramatically as your speed increases,... you got something like 20-30% better survival rate at 65 mph compared to 80 mph!

WOW....how many millions of tax dollars did it take to figure that out?

Osprey - 7-25-2013 at 12:42 PM

Not fast any more. Not even half fast. Now I drive like a Mexican, low and slow. The conditions change, I change. Takes me 2.5 hours to get to La Paz, most others 1/2 that.

Save these posts in case I crash and burn real soon and you hear about it. You can all have some belly laughs over that one. Naw, just remember and use the Search thing.

mcfez - 7-25-2013 at 02:41 PM

Dear Birdbrain.... that loves to troll McFez

Sorry in advance that my grammar sucks....my spelling is horrific....I know that has been an issue with you in the past. :P

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

Having said that............my point is that one does not need a badge to speed in Nevada.......since the limits are already higher that other states. 85 plus MPH should get anyone across the state of Texas in a flash without being pulled over.......as it was stated for the need of a badge:

"......He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets".

However............I do understand that when you used to speed across Texas back in the last century......doing 120 must had been a thrill.....considering the ratings for tires were not up to the standings of high excessive speed......hence....causing blow outs from friction heat from long periods of driving excessively. Are you sure that your claims is factual.......perhaps it was just a pinch of the follies?

I am so happy to hear that you were officially in charge of some Taxi cab company's vehicles......way back in the early 19th century. There were no cell phones distractions......not many crackheads.....zero texting.....NO high rated tires for family cars to haul azz for hours at 120 mph.....and so forth of a endless list of hazards that did not exist in your prehistoric times.

It's a brand new world out there old man.......sorry you missed catching it 3o years ago :-)

Let's keep your Fairytales at bay here..... Birdbrain. Like to be civil about this now...or do we need to have several more rounds? I'd prefer to be civil.

Please don't troll me....................

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
McStrange, Nevada had no limit on highway travel for several years when I was a youngster there. The limit was: condition of the vehicle, condition of the driver, condition of the road and the weather. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno (486 miles ) and back twice at just over 6 hours --- 120 mph except for the 9 little towns on the highway (and some burros). And so did every other driver. You can check out the accidents/deaths online somewhere if you like but really what's your point? This time? What speed would you have chosen for me and the others? When I retired from Las Vegas to Baja my job in Las Vegas was safety officer for 6 cab companies. I'm 76 years old and have never had an automobile accident. Now try to pile on that.

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by mcfez]

Lee - 7-25-2013 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Sorry in advance that my grammar sucks....my spelling is horrific....I know that has been an issue with you in the past. :P

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get
messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

[blah blah blah]

Quote:

You asked Osprey to refrain from calling you names, then you call him names in every paragraph to the end of your diatribe?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 0. You're outa line here Fez. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

NOW, I AIN'T BADGE-ERIN NOBODY

DavidE - 7-25-2013 at 03:33 PM

But, This Is How I Drive On Mex 1

mcfez - 7-25-2013 at 03:44 PM

Coach Lee doing the score of today's game. Interesting that you decided to jump right on in about the remarks......and I agree with you Coach Lee........negatives are negative here at the BN.

Just wondering though........where were you with the scouring words towards Osprey when he called me McStrange? Oh oh oh ! Sounds sorta like you are just protecting the old man since his seems to be Royalty here at the BN. Are you collecting points here?

Just tell him not to be nasty towards others if he cannot take it thrown back at him. Same goes for you. Now...can we be civil?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 1, Lee 0. You're outa line here Lee. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

You need to really refrain from calling me names. We ALL here dont want it to get
messy here as it is in the Off Topics.

[blah blah blah]

Quote:

You asked Osprey to refrain from calling you names, then you call him names in every paragraph to the end of your diatribe?

So far, it's Osprey 1, Fez 0. You're outa line here Fez. Leave while you still have some people who like you.

wessongroup - 7-25-2013 at 03:47 PM

Osprey going to OXXO :biggrin::biggrin:

something about the ice not melting

Bubba - 7-25-2013 at 04:56 PM

Dang!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

willardguy - 7-25-2013 at 05:48 PM

I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

BajaParrothead - 7-25-2013 at 05:51 PM

I second that!!:lol:

Quote:
I vote we go back a couple pages and have another look at kate middleton from a different angle! thanks bajaahh!:bounce:

chuckie - 7-25-2013 at 05:55 PM

Give it up or go off topic...getting(is) petty and boring....

Barry A. - 7-25-2013 at 06:22 PM

"Bored" with THAT picture???? I don't think so. Nothing boring about THOSE legs!!!!

willardguy - 7-25-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
"Bored" with THAT picture???? I don't think so. Nothing boring about THOSE legs!!!!
rank has its privileges! :yes:

Bubba - 7-27-2013 at 11:12 AM

Doesn't anybody else wonder why the OP quit chiming in quite along time ago and the few that tried to defend it with either drunk or delusional responses gave it up also?

DENNIS - 7-27-2013 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
Doesn't anybody else wonder why the OP quit chiming in quite along time ago and the few that tried to defend it with either drunk or delusional responses gave it up also?

Nothing is forever, Bubba.......especially here on Nomad. We all live to fight another day. :light:

Bubba - 7-27-2013 at 11:42 AM

Copy that. Just wanted to give the disillusioned one more opportunity to redeem themselves. :bounce:

Mexitron - 7-27-2013 at 11:57 AM

Would anybody get a ticket for going 85 in an 80mph in west Texas? That's about as wide open free range as it gets out there, 'specially round Pecos (that's Pecas if you pronounce it like the locals).

Lee - 7-27-2013 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Nothing is forever, Bubba.......especially here on Nomad. We all live to fight another day. :light:

Reading the heavy moral/ethical judgments here(I pay your taxes, flashing a badge is corrupt) get's as boring as the attitudes about mordida. The initial question about speeding in Texas seemed legitimate but it just gave a podium to the idiotic and nonsensical out there who think their responses about how they're on the high ground, and others are not, becomes pointless. Comical too.

Most on this thread are delusional and have no idea what a badge represents.

monoloco - 7-27-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

I was under the impression that a badge represented a responsibility to enforce and uphold the law, not an exemption from obeying it. Silly me.

Bubba - 7-27-2013 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:

Reading the heavy moral/ethical judgments here(I pay your taxes, flashing a badge is corrupt) get's as boring as the attitudes about mordida. The initial question about speeding in Texas seemed legitimate but it just gave a podium to the idiotic and nonsensical out there who think their responses about how they're on the high ground, and others are not, becomes pointless. Comical too.

And you're one of the delusional according to your previous responses. Take the time to read through the entire thread, see who responded to what and how it was responded to before you give your opinion. You seem to have a bad habit of jumping in the middle of something and giving your advice when you have no idea what was being discussed. Do you simply read the OP's original topic and then just spout off at the end?

PS. I was the first to use the term "delusional" in this thread but you certainly used it. Do you even know where and why I used it?

DENNIS - 7-27-2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote:

I guess "another day" has arrived. :lol:

Lee - 7-27-2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:

And you're one of the delusional according to your previous responses. Take the time to read through the entire thread, see who responded to what and how it was responded to before you give your opinion. You seem to have a bad habit of jumping in the middle of something and giving your advice when you have no idea what was being discussed. Do you simply read the OP's original topic and then just spout off at the end?

PS. I was the first to use the term "delusional" in this thread but you certainly used it. Do you even know where and why I used it?

Fill me in. I'm too lazy to go back and reread most of the delusional posts I've already read. Mostly by those without badges.

Seriously, where and why was the word delusional used?

Lee - 7-27-2013 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

I was under the impression that a badge represented a responsibility to enforce and uphold the law, not an exemption from obeying it. Silly me.

We're not in disagreement here, at least from my perspective.

I would define ''responsibility to enforce and uphold the law'' as defined by the badge holder, not a civilian.

''Exemption from obeying'' the law is also defined by the badge holder.

There's a problem, for some, that breaking any law (especially speeding) and getting away with it because of a badge is corrupt.

Guess I'm thinking there's the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Sometimes they're different. Guess nobody here speeds.

All this nonsense smacks of moral preaching.

Whaddaya Mean Another Steenking Day?

DavidE - 7-27-2013 at 01:07 PM

Such is the nature of badges and life on the forum...

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-27-2013 at 01:44 PM

It all comes down to the haves and have-nots. If you have one use it and if you don't oh well!

willardguy - 7-27-2013 at 02:03 PM

well I for one enjoyed the heck out of the kate photo's! all that speeding and badge baloney was just that! :lol:

Bubba - 7-27-2013 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

We're not in disagreement here, at least from my perspective.

I would define ''responsibility to enforce and uphold the law'' as defined by the badge holder, not a civilian.

''Exemption from obeying'' the law is also defined by the badge holder.

There's a problem, for some, that breaking any law (especially speeding) and getting away with it because of a badge is corrupt.

Guess I'm thinking there's the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. Sometimes they're different. Guess nobody here speeds.

All this nonsense smacks of moral preaching.

One last time Mr Lee, the only moral issue here was a person asking if it was okay to break the law and then use a badge that was bestowed upon them to uphold the law to then use that badge to circumnavigate the law. Exactly what part of this thread do you not comprehend? It has absolutely nothing to do with preaching morality but it has everything to do with proper morals.

PS. Aren't you the character that started a silly ass thread on fireworks and finally disappeared when you were confronted with facts?

monoloco - 7-27-2013 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
It all comes down to the haves and have-nots. If you have one use it and if you don't oh well!
When I get pulled over in California I just flash my, official, Baja Nomad Junior Special Fishing Investigator, badge, and they usually let me off with a warning.:lol:

DavidE - 7-27-2013 at 02:42 PM

Like a rack on a bull elk.

Got 'em?

Use 'em!

Lee - 7-27-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
It has absolutely nothing to do with preaching morality but it has everything to do with proper morals.

PS. Aren't you the character that started a silly burro thread on fireworks and finally disappeared when you were confronted with facts?

You've stated your point well. ''....it has everything to do with proper morals.''

And, I guess you and some loonies here will be defining ''proper morals'' for the badges?

And, wow, yes, I guess I'm guilty of the silly burro thread about fireworks. Did I really disappear when confronted with the facts? Or, possibly, check out after making my point -- and not giving a rat's burro about what others thought? Hope I made a point. I'm guilty of enjoying loud explosions -- call me odd -- and sometimes the louder the better. Like Dennis alluded to, I must think it's an alternative to sex which is impossible to have all the time.

Finally, just so you understand my level of comprehension and interest here -- I click on the last post of a thread I have vague interest in, look at 2-3 most recent posts, scan, not read, what's said, and mostly move on.

Honestly, Bub, your moral point of view is just delusional and nonsense. From where I'm coming from, you most likely live in a fantasy world. Enjoy! I do!

David stated my point of view the best and we're in the same ballpark on this:

Quote:

Lee - 7-27-2013 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Such is the nature of badges and life on the forum...

By the way David. Your humor is not lost on me. You're a very funny fellow. Levity is always appreciated.

BajaRat - 7-27-2013 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Quote:

Bubba please get down off your cross !
We need the space to nail the next one up. :cool:

[Edited on 7-27-2013 by BajaRat]

Bubba - 7-27-2013 at 04:35 PM

Cute Rat, cute. None of you have the ability to debate what was presented so you go to silly tactics, sad but still somewhat humorous. Carry on skipper, you're actually quite amusing. :bounce:

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-27-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
When I get pulled over in California I just flash my, official, Baja Nomad Junior Special Fishing Investigator, badge, and they usually let me off with a warning.:lol:

Here is an official badge people can print and cut out to display the next time they are pulled over for an infraction.

Ateo - 7-27-2013 at 05:40 PM

I'm printing that badge right now.

willardguy - 7-27-2013 at 05:41 PM

badge number one! a collectors item:O

DENNIS - 7-27-2013 at 05:58 PM

It ain't the badge. It's the arrogance of exclusiveness that bothers me most.
I repel from that attitude in any aspect of life. Police officers who display this sense of importance with others for recognition, for any reason, rely on their position for personal verification. They want to be seen as important and powerful.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same, given the circumstances. I have my needs for attention and ego boosting as well.
Cops are, in most cases, only human.
Let's cut them some slack for being just like the rest of us.

[Edited on 7-28-2013 by DENNIS]

tiotomasbcs - 7-27-2013 at 06:05 PM

Another spanking, Lee?! Surfing, Fireworks, Special Cop priviledges? By the way, do you carry a Badge? Police, not Firefighter, Marine. Rush Limbaugh supporter? If you have one flaunt it just burns my ass. Oh well. These people are just not happy! Ni modo, Tio

BajaRat - 7-27-2013 at 06:08 PM

Quote:

A feast fit for a King :o

DENNIS - 7-27-2013 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
By the way, do you carry a Badge?

He does, Tio. Police Officer. I'll answer this for him because I know he won't.

willardguy - 7-27-2013 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I used to claim I hated the wind!:yes:

BajaRat - 7-27-2013 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey..... What ever blows your skirt :tumble:

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-27-2013 at 06:41 PM

monoloco - 7-27-2013 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here is an official badge people can print and cut out to display the next time they are pulled over for an infraction.

That's perfect E. I'm going to print it and laminate it!

Lee - 7-28-2013 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Another spanking, Lee?! Surfing, Fireworks, Special Cop priviledges? By the way, do you carry a Badge? Police, not Firefighter, Marine. Rush Limbaugh supporter? If you have one flaunt it just burns my burro. Oh well. These people are just not happy! Ni modo, Tio

Gee Tom. Guess I know who's side your on. Me spanked? Nah. All fun and games here and laughed off.

Listen. Just for fun though? I'll be setting off some fireworks next door to you, you know, where the large RV park will be built, and I'll have some friends, of course, just so I can say you got spanked and I was showing ''proper morals. Deal? What ya gonna do? Call the cops? Hah hah.

monoloco - 7-28-2013 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Another spanking, Lee?! Surfing, Fireworks, Special Cop priviledges? By the way, do you carry a Badge? Police, not Firefighter, Marine. Rush Limbaugh supporter? If you have one flaunt it just burns my burro. Oh well. These people are just not happy! Ni modo, Tio

Gee Tom. Guess I know who's side your on. Me spanked? Nah. All fun and games here and laughed off.

Listen. Just for fun though? I'll be setting off some fireworks next door to you, you know, where the large RV park will be built, and I'll have some friends, of course, just so I can say you got spanked and I was showing ''proper morals. Deal? What ya gonna do? Call the cops? Hah hah.
Isn't that RV park going to be next to the new Go-cart track?:lol:

brewer - 7-28-2013 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think I love the wind now too!

DENNIS - 7-28-2013 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I used to go out with a lady who had been married to a cop. She told me how he would stand in front of a full length mirror when he put on his uniform....you know....all that leather and brass.......and said the process would give him an erection.

Does this happen with all you LE boys? :lol:

I think it's scary.

pauldavidmena - 7-28-2013 at 08:39 AM

My father was a police officer in NY for 30 years, and my brother has been with the LAPD for 25 and counting. Both have lead feet when driving, and both think nothing of showing their badges when pulled over for speeding. Most of the time, an officer will extend an unwritten professional courtesy to another in situations like this, but occasionally it's made matters worse.

My take is that no one should be above the law, and that speed limits exist not to spoil our fun but to minimize the possibility of a high-speed accident. I don't think that use of a badge to avoid a ticket is sleazy, but it really shouldn't be necessary.

Barry A. - 7-28-2013 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I used to go out with a lady who had been married to a cop. She told me how he would stand in front of a full length mirror when he put on his uniform....you know....all that leather and brass.......and said the process would give him an erection.

I think it's scary.

I hated all that stuff hanging all over me---------I refused to wear most of it unless on 'special situation assignment'-------only my isolation and retirement saved me from severe chastisement for my ways. When I put all that stuff on, I felt like a display-stand, and a joke!!!

Barry

wessongroup - 7-28-2013 at 10:02 AM

Well, ya can always use this approach ........ :biggrin::biggrin:

willardguy - 7-28-2013 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's scary.
what if the cop's a chick? :lol:

monoloco - 7-28-2013 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I think it's scary.

She can frisk me anytime.:lol:

Bubba - 7-28-2013 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Oh my....:bounce:

Quote:
Quote:

I think it's scary.

She can frisk me anytime.:lol:

Barry A. - 7-28-2013 at 12:58 PM

As a jesture to "equal opportunity", I hired a girl into the Ranger Force that looked just like that back in '76 , the first girl ever to become a BLM Ranger. Her qualifications were obvious, so no enhanced evaluations were necessary.

She worked out just fine, and was a good Ranger too, and caused quite a stir within BLM. (-:

Barry

Good Job, Barry!!

bajaguy - 7-28-2013 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
As a jesture to "equal opportunity", I hired a girl into the Ranger Force that looked just like that back in '76 , the first girl ever to become a BLM Ranger. Her qualifications were obvious, so no enhanced evaluations were necessary.

She worked out just fine, and was a good Ranger too, and caused quite a stir within BLM. (-:

Barry

Lynell Schalk:

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/history/sidebars/law_enforc...

Barry A. - 7-28-2013 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:

Barry

Good job, Barry.

Lynell Schalk:

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/history/sidebars/law_enforc...

Good detective work, Bajaguy.

Barry

Barry

bajaguy - 7-28-2013 at 01:54 PM

Did you ever work around the area of Kramer Jct, Atolia or Cuddeback Dry Lake in the late 60's-early 70's??

Barry A. - 7-28-2013 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Did you ever work around the area of Kramer Jct, Atolia or Cuddeback Dry Lake in the late 60's-early 70's??

I am familiar with all 3 of those places, but no, I did not work there. All my CA Desert BLM time ('74 to '86) was in El Centro except for special assignments of very short duration.

Barry

bajaguy - 7-28-2013 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am familiar with all 3 of those places, but no, I did not work there. All my CA Desert BLM time ('74 to '86) was in El Centro except for special assignments of very short duration.

Barry

OK. I spent some time in my Air Force days at the Cuddeback Dry Lake gunnery & bombing range trying to keep people from walking off with our 20mm cannon expended brass casings and anything else they could carry. :lol:

The desert there is outstanding. I really liked early mornings and late afternoon/evenings.

rhintransit - 7-28-2013 at 03:36 PM

any of you guys with badges willing to sign my AZ smog emission form for my vehicle being out of the country? all you need to do is verify that the car is in Mexico and there are no smog facilities here.
it's supposed to be done by a 'law enforcement official.'
police in Loreto refuse, understandably, the form is in English. INM signed once knowingly and unknowingly once. I've written letters of explanation and sent photos, etc, but every year it's a struggle figuring out what to do each registration renewal time.

[Edited on 7-28-2013 by rhintransit]

Sure

bajaguy - 7-28-2013 at 03:39 PM

If you can't find anybody there, and you are in Ensenada after Sept 17th, I'll do it

motoged - 7-28-2013 at 11:22 PM

I can sign it....I printed off one of those badges presented earlier in this thread and I now feel entitled enough to flash it and do as I please....:biggrin:

mcfez - 7-29-2013 at 07:16 AM

Say Lee...........your historically trolling is legendary here. May I give you some advice?

Leave while you still have some people who like you.

:P:lol::o

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

RnR - 7-29-2013 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rhintransit

it's supposed to be done by a 'law enforcement official.'
police in Loreto refuse, understandably, the form is in English. INM signed once knowingly and unknowingly once. I've written letters of explanation and sent photos, etc, but every year it's a struggle figuring out what to do each registration renewal time.

[Edited on 7-28-2013 by rhintransit]

Just sign it - (yourself)......

Lee - 7-29-2013 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Say Lee...........your historically trolling is legendary here. May I give you some advice?

Leave while you still have some people who like you.

:P:lol::o

Point taken. But, help me out, how do you define historical trolling? Looked up the definition and thought, well, yeah, guess that could be many people I see posting here.

So, why don't we ALL be civil here -- especially in hot topic threads (mordida?) and not resort to name calling? If you guys carry grudges from thread to thread and have a history of taking shots at each other, it's not my fault I don't follow every thread.

I have strong opinions, some people don't like them (Bub, Tom, Fez) and you're all entitled to not like my opinions, or behavior. Other than personal attacks, I believe I could sit down with everyone here for a brew -- not that that is shared necessarily. But, that's just the way I am.

Look, Fez, you must think what I wrote about leaving while people like you is cool. You've written/copied what I wrote twice now. Have you ever had an original thought?

DavidE - 7-29-2013 at 08:29 AM

Hijo de la gran puta I bet she ain't wearin' no thong...

God Bless Updrafts....

wessongroup - 7-29-2013 at 08:30 AM

"I really liked early mornings and late afternoon/evenings."

Best part of the desert .... the smell in the morning is ....... words fail .. the evenings with a light breeze ........ just plain relaxing IMHO .... and the "thunder showers" can be pretty nice too ....

No badges required, in most cases ... :biggrin::biggrin:

mcfez - 7-29-2013 at 11:13 AM

Say Willy..............Lee has spoken some more bland words of gibberish.....time for one of your famous videos here to cheer up the house :yes:

DavidE - 7-29-2013 at 12:04 PM

Yeah the aroma - wouldn't miss it for the world. What desert?

Barry A. - 7-29-2013 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah the aroma - wouldn't miss it for the world. What desert?

All deserts?!?!?!? Even El Centro smells nice after a nice rain, and if the wind is blowing the right way, and you are upwind from the 'feeder farms'. :yes: But the "high deserts" smell the best, I think.

barry

willardguy - 7-29-2013 at 02:09 PM

warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air?;)

wessongroup - 7-29-2013 at 02:28 PM

Early morning in El Centro ..... after alfalfa has just been cut ... sweet IMHO

And yep, there are "different" smells at different times in the morning ... and evening, in the desert .... low and high ... also liked the "high desert" smells best :):)

Something to drive by

[Edited on 7-30-2013 by wessongroup]

mtgoat666 - 7-30-2013 at 01:33 PM

here are some badges for you baja nomad wanna be cops - flash on!

many nomads need this policing:

you know who you are!...

durrelllrobert - 7-30-2013 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

OK. I spent some time in my Air Force days at the Cuddeback Dry Lake gunnery & bombing range trying to keep people from walking off with our 20mm cannon expended brass casings and anything else they could carry. :lol:

The desert there is outstanding. I really liked early mornings and late afternoon/evenings.

I worked a ChinaLake from 1965 to 1975 and even though Cuddeback was longer used we used go Chukar hunting there. We had plenty of the test ranges to use.

Pages:  1  2