BajaNomad

DENNIS Update

Pages:  1  2

BajaBlanca - 12-19-2013 at 03:52 PM

Someone needs to give Dennis an Ipad so he can participate in our repartee!

Positive thoughts headed your was seenyor Dennis!

durrelllrobert - 12-19-2013 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

Positive thoughts headed your was seenyor Dennis!

ya mean one of these?

BajaNomad - 12-19-2013 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

I asked him if he wanted any help accessing the internet, and he declined - said someone would bring him a mobile device to access the internet at some point later on.

fyi

latest news

durrelllrobert - 12-20-2013 at 10:23 AM

Not much news. He’s been up and trying to walk with help. They’re going to move him to a bed in Physical Therapy. I sure hope they poke and prod him less there. He said that he’s exhausted because he’s only able to sleep for short periods of time. No info about when he’ll be home or what the PT schedule will be. I’ll let you know when I know.

Pompano - 12-20-2013 at 11:23 AM

Hey Dennis!

You WILL get out and back home again.

I know....and I can sympathize with what you are going through.

Last year, I spent 2 1/2 months of really good summer weather laid up in a gruesome hospital bed.

The first month I was pretty much paralyzed, which was a real bummer, let me tell you. You can't move, sleep, turn over, stretch, scratch, or do anything at all. (bed pans suck bigtime!) I did a lot of staring out the window, cursing those carefree robins.

You lay there like a turtle on its back and wait..and wait...and wait. You try TV to escape, but all the hype gets brutally boring on the few channels available. (You begin to fantasize about torturing the more rabid political pundits.)

Once in a blue moon, 2 sadists come in to poke you awake and flip you over or change the sheets...which isn't fun either, cuz the surgical wound hurts like blazes from the stretching. Imagine the scene where the tablecloth is ripped from under the dinner ware....but doesn't work. The nurse/sadists glibly ignore your screams while giving you a shot to put you back to sleep.

The second month, I was able to move my limbs enough to start throwing things at the orderlies laughing at the door.

Then I got better and now things are almost back to normal.

Well, Dennis, I hope that cheered you up. Get back on your feet, we love and need you.

*edited to get my tongue out of my cheek..

[Edited on 12-20-2013 by Pompano]

willardguy - 12-20-2013 at 11:37 AM

you're probably not familiar with the nursing staff at the SD veterans hospital, im told most come from ocean beach!

Cisco - 12-20-2013 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
you're probably not familiar with the nursing staff at the SD veterans hospital, im told most come from ocean beach!

Why would they torture him like that?

CortezBlue - 12-20-2013 at 01:30 PM

Is she a Dr or did she stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Mulegena - 12-22-2013 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
He's likely to kill me for this, but you probably can call him at the VA if you ask for Dennis ******.
Oh, I doubt we could call Dennis anything that he hasn't already been called a million times before, so fat chance he'll kill ya'.

Get well soon, you tough old bongo-beater!
Merry Christmas, too, from one percussionist to another!!

[Edited on 12-23-2013 by BajaNomad]

Dennis\\\NURSES

captkw - 12-22-2013 at 09:48 PM

DeNNIS,,,,Get your but back HERE !! But with those Nurses,, I would ,,Just ,,Maybe stay there !!!............Wishing YA The Best........K&T:spingrin:

Hook - 12-23-2013 at 07:28 AM

The zippers down the front........with zippers on both ends. Ingenious!

watizname - 12-23-2013 at 09:38 AM

Wow Hook. Good Eye. ;)

BajaNomad - 12-23-2013 at 09:42 PM

My son and I visited Dennis late this afternoon. Based upon the conversation and from what I saw, it appears that he's working hard through his PT, and very focused on minimizing the amount of time it'll take for him to be ready to go home.

Obviously still dealing with pain, he was very positive overall.

Said again to tell everyone hello, and that he's very appreciative of all the people that have posted well-wishes for him.

wessongroup - 12-23-2013 at 10:01 PM

Thanks

BAJACAT - 12-23-2013 at 10:35 PM

DENNIS, I hope you get better,Punta Banda needs you...
Merry Xmas, to you...

Martyman - 12-24-2013 at 11:23 AM

Miss your great comments Dennis. Get well soon.

tjsue - 12-24-2013 at 11:24 AM

Thanks for the update!

woody with a view - 12-24-2013 at 12:30 PM

you guys are pigs!:lol:

notice the ahem, nurse on the right has a bra but no undies?:biggrin::lol:

durrelllrobert - 12-24-2013 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
you guys are pigs!:lol:

notice the ahem, nurse on the right has a bra but no undies?:biggrin::lol:

x-ray vision? To me it looks like she's wearing a thong. :lol:

EnsenadaDr - 12-27-2013 at 09:33 AM

Someone advised me that they called the VA yesterday and asked for Dennis and the operator stated "there was no one there by that name". If anyone has any inquiries, I am sure they can go through his girlfriend who introduced herself on the board yesterday, a newbie Nomad named Rumple. I know the last time he was in the hospital, he didn't want to be bothered and wanted to concentrate on getting well and doing his physical therapy. More than likely, this is the same scenario.

[Edited on 12-27-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

elgatoloco - 12-27-2013 at 10:05 AM

Dennis get well! :dudette:

BajaNomad - 12-27-2013 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

I know the last time he was in the hospital, he didn't want to be bothered and wanted to concentrate on getting well and doing his physical therapy. More than likely, this is the same scenario.

Yep. He strongly emphasized this to me this time as well.

Rumple - 12-29-2013 at 09:41 AM

Not really anything new to write. He's going through physical therapy at the VA hospital. They aren't guessing right now as to how long he'll be there. For normal patients it would be about 3 weeks of PT. We all know Dennis isn't normal - oh, in so many ways!
To answer the next question - Miss Lulu is fine. She's with me in either La Bufadora or Lomas Del Mar.
I've read him all of your well wishes. He really appreciates them.
I'll post again when anything changes.

woody with a view - 12-29-2013 at 09:44 AM

cab Bob change the title of this thread? it is so dreadful..... just remove that 3 letter word.

DianaT - 12-29-2013 at 09:45 AM

Thanks for the update and I do hope he is getting around well and is back in his own home soon.

micah202 - 12-29-2013 at 10:17 AM

....just send in some pretty nurses,,and he'll be chasing-around in -no- time!!!:cool:

EnsenadaDr - 12-29-2013 at 10:20 AM

I am assuming that is what Rumple meant when she said he wasn't normal, "Oh, in SO many ways!!":lol:

durrelllrobert - 12-29-2013 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
cab Bob change the title of this thread? it is so dreadful..... just remove that 3 letter word.

done

woody with a view - 12-29-2013 at 10:23 AM

THANKS!

Islandbuilder - 12-29-2013 at 11:39 PM

Hey Dennis,
I haven't posted on here for months, but I have been reading along with concern about your situation.
I'm glad to read that you are doing better, and working on your re-hab and that you are getting a good deal on your pet care;D

I'm looking forward to seeing your name back on the front page.

Happy New Year to you and Rumple!

(welcome Rumple!!)

fdt - 12-30-2013 at 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

done

Much better, thanks also.

DavidE - 12-30-2013 at 10:49 AM

Get the frack back to where you were before!

Rumple - 1-8-2014 at 03:23 PM

Good News! They’re getting ready to move Dennis from the VA to a rehab facility. Maybe he’ll get a room with a window!
No word yet about when he’ll be able to return home. I’m sure we’ll know more when they start him on a new regimen. I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and visits!

David K - 1-8-2014 at 03:26 PM

Great news!!!

Pompano - 1-8-2014 at 03:45 PM

Great news and I hope Dennis gets that window with a view. From experience it makes a huge difference in a long hospital stay. Best wishes from all here.

DENNIS - 1-11-2014 at 09:56 AM

Posting difficulties. I'll try again later. Till then.,thank you all...,epecially mi Amor.,joni.

bajadock - 1-11-2014 at 10:00 AM

Hey, young man. Get well or else! I'll be in S.D. twice next week. Holler if I can burro something your way. CHEERS.

Bob H - 1-11-2014 at 10:06 AM

It's great to hear from you DENNIS! Get well soon!!!

durrelllrobert - 1-11-2014 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Posting difficulties. I'll try again later. Till then.,thank you all...,epecially mi Amor.,joni.

...and don't forget Lulu too. Glad to see you now have WiFi. Heading up next week. Send U2U with where and when if you want some company. - Bob and Debbie

DianaT - 1-11-2014 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Great to hear from you and just so you know things have not changed, here is a picture of my dog. :biggrin::biggrin:

As old as he is, he made it to the top and so will you!:bounce:

fdt - 1-11-2014 at 11:23 AM

Glad to see you post again. Get well soon. I know you Were looking forward to the toy drive but it can for next year.
Saludos
Fernando

CortezBlue - 1-11-2014 at 03:22 PM

It will be a long process to get back to good, but I am sure he is thankful that he has insurance to help out with the financial pain.

Russ - 1-14-2014 at 06:37 AM

Appears Dennis is doing much better after he hijacked an adult beverage truck.

_72268759_020613359-1.jpg - 40kB

Marc - 1-14-2014 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Appears Dennis is doing much better after he hijacked an adult beverage truck.

Thought he was a Tecate guy;D;D;D

fishbuck - 1-15-2014 at 12:59 AM

Atta boy Dennis. Keep up the good work!

EnsenadaDr - 1-17-2014 at 08:44 AM

Hoping you are doing well Dennis!!! I miss you riling things up on the Board. I think it is good for people to get things in their head and say what they think and make others think as well.

CortezBlue - 1-17-2014 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Hoping you are doing well Dennis!!! I miss you riling things up on the Board. I think it is good for people to get things in their head and say what they think and make others think as well.

What?

Say what you mean and mean what you say

EnsenadaDr - 1-17-2014 at 05:09 PM

I do mean it!! Why would I post something I don't mean! I do miss Dennis riling up the board. Yes at times we would argue, but in the end I know I can say what I want and he doesn't take it personally. You on the other hand Cortez U2U'd me ONCE and revealed the U2U on this board during the Shut up thread which last time I looked was against the rules of the board especially without my permission. I guess that makes you an expert on my feelings and motivations behind my posts. I guess you decided to join in the mud throwing as long as you didn't start it and now you want to discredit me on Dennis' thread. Dennis wouldn't like it either and if he felt better he would be defending me like he usually does because unlike you he knows me personally.
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:

What?

Say what you mean and mean what you say

[Edited on 1-18-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

chuckie - 1-17-2014 at 05:36 PM

Yada Yada Yada

greengoes - 1-17-2014 at 06:29 PM

Get well Dennis.....Punta Banda is going downhill without you.

Pages:  1  2