BajaNomad

Mulege Pizza

Pages:  1  2

shari - 2-5-2014 at 01:30 PM

Oh Chuckeeeeeeeee.....Mulegenaaaaaaaaaaa

chuckie - 2-5-2014 at 01:40 PM

Shari..gat Gordo is where I'll be at 5ish...I'll track down Mulegena..somewhere in this thread are directions how to get there...THURSDAY rite?

Barbareno - 2-5-2014 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
But the new Pizza place is at the point where you make a left turn to leave Mulege on the one way...The dive shop and Lumberyard are close by.....

Okay I found the directions. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Cypress - 2-5-2014 at 02:20 PM

Pizza? Easy to do. The dough? The toppings? Homemade is the best. No problem. My favorite is seafood pizza. If you're pizza challenged, buy a frozen pizza and tune it up. Yummy.:biggrin:

SHOUT OUT to Familia Gato Gordo!!

Mulegena - 2-5-2014 at 04:48 PM

Hello Shari, Barbareno and Others Pizza Lovers

Attempting to get ahold of Rob & Laura this evening.

Hang on to your appetites, Children...

IT'S ON FOR THURSDAY and FRIDAY

Mulegena - 2-5-2014 at 05:20 PM

Just spoke with Rob who will pass on the info to wife Laura, chef extraordinaire. Here's the deal...

Yes, it on-- 5 pm Thursday and again 6 pm on Friday

Gato Gordo Cafe and Pizza Joint Extraordinaire is located in beautiful downtown Mulege not far from the golden arched entrance to town. They occcupy half of the still-current dive shop which is right next to Ferreteria Yee. Easy to find.
SHOUT OUT to PESCADOR and BEAUTIFUL LADY FRIEND and ALL NOMADS WHO ARE ALSO PIZZA LOVERS AND GOOD FOLK!

Come, join us, please.
Come as you are, scarves & pajamas are optional, but not discouraged.

chuckie - 2-5-2014 at 05:58 PM

:yes::yes::yes:

Barbareno - 2-5-2014 at 06:47 PM

We will be there...rain or shine. Been looken forward to this for a long time. PIZZA!

shari - 2-5-2014 at 08:25 PM

I'm jealous...a party I cant go too...geezo! Have a blast amigos as I know you will...I'll just have to eat worms or fish eyes or something.

divemulege - 2-5-2014 at 08:32 PM

Laura will be there to make sure you guys get great pizza, good drinks and a fun time! She will also be making her famous cinnamon rolls.

Mulegena - 2-5-2014 at 08:57 PM

Whaaa, Shari you're not coming?? Oh, *$&@!!!

Well, they make pizzas to go.

Edited to add: Shari, I know for a fact you loooovve fish eyes... wonder how they are on a pizza?

[Edited on 2-6-2014 by Mulegena]

chuckie - 2-6-2014 at 07:03 AM

WHAT! Shari!!! You started all this! Whats the deal!

shari - 2-6-2014 at 07:21 AM

No I didnt....I had nothing to do with this terribly boring yucky crappy sounding party....what...do you think I am behind every party? why on earth would you think that???? hahaha....Barbereno far surpasses me in the party department....ask anybody here!!!! And watch out for Timo1...he is capable of turning up with a pink beard and blue hair and stealing the women folk for a spin or two around the dance floor...better brush up on your two step!

sniff sniff...bawl...sniff sniff....I just cant bear the thought of all of you laughing and scarfing down pizza without me...dang it, why did I lend out my helicopter.

Pescador - 2-6-2014 at 09:26 AM

Shoot, I would have come but Scotty put a big rack of ribs on his smoker and is going to have bar-b-q ribs tonight and since I specially ordered them, it would be really rude not to show up. Now if it was going to be Friday.

chuckie - 2-6-2014 at 09:56 AM

Friday also!!! I'll be there both days......

divemulege - 2-6-2014 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Shoot, I would have come but Scotty put a big rack of ribs on his smoker and is going to have bar-b-q ribs tonight and since I specially ordered them, it would be really rude not to show up. Now if it was going to be Friday.

I will go eat your ribs and you can go have pizza with them!

Pescador - 2-6-2014 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by divemulege
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador

I will go eat your ribs and you can go have pizza with them!

I love Pizza, but slightly less than I love ribs. :lol::lol::lol:

shari - 2-6-2014 at 01:51 PM

Ok so the Mulege food crawl is on...do both!

chuckie - 2-6-2014 at 06:50 PM

Another GREAT Pizza...

Barbareno - 2-7-2014 at 06:43 AM

Fantastic pizza. Now I can see what all the ranting and raving was all about. Guess what we will be having for breakfast?

Just wish we were staying for the Sunday Pig Race's.

shari - 2-7-2014 at 07:34 AM

do they deliver to Asuncion? Glad you all got together...as mentioned, I had to eat fish eyes for dinner...good thing is that Juan caught a bunch of nice fresh yellowtail yesterday and treated me to a fresh heart...yum yum...weather got nice again...whew! Munch on amigos!

motoged - 2-7-2014 at 12:40 PM

Pizza Hounds,
My recent 6-week tour of Baja provided an opportunity to sample various wood-fire oven pizzas....and cinnamon rolls.

My humble gourmand research led me to these conclusions:

#1 Pizza is to be found in El Triunfo.....HANDS DOWN !!!
#2 is to be found at Mulege's Gato...
#3 on the highway in Pescadero....simple but essential Margherita

as for the cinnamon buns....

#1 El Triunfo......worthy of a motorcycle ride from Todos Santos
and back JUST for a cinnamon roll !!!!! Worthy of telling every
traveller I met that if in the south cape area, it is a MUST DO.

#2 Mulege's Gato.....but, Laura's husband should NOT say that it is
the same recipe used in shopping mall food court dives like
Cinna Bon (or whatever the Walmart of cinnamon buns is
called...I don't think they are very good). His reference stopped
me from trying one....

After this extensive and exhausting research, I am convinced that Laura has a good thing going and will improve with experience...and has added a good option for fine dining in Mulege....and an opportunity for Nomads to gather, gossip, be surprised by what some Nomads look like (Pescador, I trust that you are over your shock and awe of my demeanour :O :biggrin: ), and to carry on business deals and service planning.

I enjoyed my experience there.....and it's only a day's drive to El Triunfo for a good cinnamon bun :saint:

Pompano - 2-7-2014 at 12:57 PM

I love great cinnamon rolls and look forward to trying the ones in Mulege made by Laura.

I recently had some cinnamon rolls at this place again in Pismo Beach...which were very good! Very glad to hear they are available now in Mulege's new pizza place.

Bubba - 2-7-2014 at 04:48 PM

I agree Pompano, I've had a few of their cinnamon rolls, very good!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I love great cinnamon rolls and look forward to trying the ones in Mulege made by Laura.

I recently had some cinnamon rolls at this place again in Pismo Beach...which were very good! Very glad to hear they are available now in Mulege's new pizza place.

Pages:  1  2