BajaNomad

Waiting for 17-20 foot waves.

Pages:  1  2

Ateo - 8-27-2014 at 08:02 AM

Waves are picking up here in SoCal. The Wedge is reporting 20'-25'.

bigmike58 - 8-27-2014 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Quote:
Originally posted by coolhand
Wait, it took scientists to say a hurricane swell will hit the coast of Central Baja. They have been hitting the coast long before scientists were even around. Let me be a scientist for a sec..... I guarantee there will be a bigger swell in the next 1000 years. And I also guarantee that there been bigger swells within the last 1000 years. Now pay me Obama! I'm a scientist......

Always has to be one on every damned thread... now you have your DIP-loma, go out and find some WMD's...

Shari, to heck with all that wave bologna... how 'bout pics of the marg's??? Have one for Chuckie, and maybe one with me some day...
bb:cool:

Usually it's you turning threads into crap.. Thanks Budda for contributing "useful" info.

More pics of the waves would be nice.

SFandH - 8-27-2014 at 08:33 AM

The wedge, yesterday:

Bigger today

more latest YouTube videos of the wedge

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by SFandH]

micah202 - 8-27-2014 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
bb:cool:

be nice.

....yes,,,roight then....now that's all 'cleared up',,,,,here's hoping that last night brought nothing more freakish than monday night?
.....and of course BIG hope for pictures and wave/surf video's down in central Baja

...meanwhile,,,up the coast.... The 6:20 AM surf report from Surfline on the scene reports 15-25 foot waves with 30 foot sets!

...here's another wedgie vid.....someone describes there being mounds of broken surfers washed-up on california beaches :O:yes::biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c92NsSAf0Ic

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by micah202]

chuckie - 8-27-2014 at 09:33 AM

MOBS.....:lol::lol::lol:

willardguy - 8-27-2014 at 10:07 AM

Marie's a fickle gal! yet to see anything over shoulder high up here in jesusland?:?:

SlyOnce - 8-27-2014 at 10:15 AM

Last night at 9 PM Playas de TJ was about 3 to 5 feet. This morning I could hear surf from the apartment, so maybe it picked up. I think we may be in a wave shadow of the Islas de los Coronados.

bajacalifornian - 8-27-2014 at 10:37 AM

Here near the Rosarito Mecca of suring, surfers returning to camp presently are reporting 8 to 10 feet.

Raised a mountain boy, I am unreliable for accurate assessments of the surf. I was intrigued, however, by comment regarding forecasts available on the internet. I found SwellWatch maybe 72 hours ago. First impression was how cool . . . similar to forecasts available for fishermen.

I Asked a grey hair surfer buddy of mine , his thought. His response, "I pay no attention to them. I just show up".

Anyway, I got my ticket early for this show. Premier opened this morning.

Would send images if I had a camera worth a damn.

shari - 8-27-2014 at 10:38 AM

Here are some photos from Asuncion...calming down to about 12' now..still pumpin and super hot now.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/labufadorainn/slideshow/St...

bajacalifornian - 8-27-2014 at 10:51 AM

Shar, not "super hot" but 72 degrees in my theater seat!

a not e

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by bajacalifornian]

Pages:  1  2