BajaNomad

Thread Hijack

Pages:  1  2  

motoged - 1-17-2016 at 12:43 PM

Woody....I got THAT shirt by ordering one from you....not as a sympathetic consolation gift for suffering the theft trauma....and will need to order a new one....that black one disappeared last summer....my favourite t-shirt....sheesh...

[img]http://whttp://forums.bajanomad.com/files.php?pid=1017334&aid=33017ww.example.com/image.jpg[/img]

[Edited on 1-17-2016 by motoged]

motoged - 1-17-2016 at 12:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
The speedometer on my Suzuki goes to 170 mph.

A bit of optimism....

KurtG - 1-17-2016 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

A bit of optimism....

Well, I'm an optimistic guy!

AKgringo - 1-17-2016 at 01:16 PM

I NEVER exceed 150 mph in my Kia with the hubs engaged.....or even 150 kph.

willardguy - 1-17-2016 at 01:26 PM

chupacabre's suzuki was rumored to be going at least 170mph when he got off in practice........

rts551 - 1-17-2016 at 01:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
i prefer the svelte look!:lol:

All I ever do is try to help. The DisChargers are moving to ST Louis.

motoged - 1-17-2016 at 01:38 PM

Trump THAT !

woody with a view - 1-17-2016 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Chargers to LA. Value becomes $2.5 Billion and Spanos sells and goes back to being a crappy boss. Chargers become the first team in NFL history to go out of business due to zero fan base.

vandenberg - 1-17-2016 at 02:06 PM

Chargers to LA. Value becomes $2.5 Billion and Spanos sells and goes back to being a crappy boss. Chargers become the first team in NFL history to go out of business due to zero fan base.

California's fans are a fickle lot.
Only back winners, of which, besides the niners for a few years, there are none.

rts551 - 1-17-2016 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  

California's fans are a fickle lot.
Only back winners, of which, besides the niners for a few years, there are none.

The owners will not let DisChargers got to LA. They have already approved the RAMs move.

[Edited on 1-17-2016 by rts551]

woody with a view - 1-17-2016 at 03:47 PM

the owners have already approved a 1 year window for SD to either go to LA or find a deal in SD. after the year is up the Raiders can try to find a deal in LA.

this is all playing 2nd fiddle and paying rent in the Rams stadium. gotta think Spanos have backed himself into a corner. at this point his best bet is to make a deal in SD. he was willing to pay $55o million to relocate so he should be able to cough up that same hairball towards his stadium in SD. no rent, only game in town, etc...

Chargers have 55 years in SD with only 1 superbowl appearance. the owners haven't put a good product on the field for 3/4 of that time, yet the fans are there. i'll admit to being a lifelong fan, but when Ryan Leaf is your QB of the future it's no wonder fans don't show up.

rts551 - 1-17-2016 at 03:59 PM

But they have to share the stadium with the RAMs. No carson. ho is going to get the fans? hahahaha

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/14774/w...

woody with a view - 1-17-2016 at 04:02 PM

that's what i'm saying. Spanos got outvoted to move to carson 30-2. his vote and the raiders. now the Rams can basically say, SD get zero income from the operation of the stadium or the surrounding retail. if i'm the Rams i put $150 million per year to play in the stadium. Spanos is in a dark corner.

vandenberg - 1-17-2016 at 04:09 PM

that's what i'm saying. Spanos got outvoted to move to carson 30-2. his vote and the raiders. now the Rams can basically say, SD get zero income from the operation of the stadium or the surrounding retail. if i'm the Rams i put $150 million per year to play in the stadium. Spanos is in a dark corner.

People like Spanos are never cornered, they make the rules don't forget.:light::biggrin:

bajabuddha - 1-17-2016 at 04:16 PM

Yankees 15, Bruins 4.

woody with a view - 1-17-2016 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  

People like Spanos are never cornered, they make the rules don't forget.:light::biggrin:

not when 30 of his peers vote against him..... it'll be interesting to see him grovel for a stadium in SD or get bent over in LA.

motoged - 1-17-2016 at 06:05 PM

HIJACKED

This thread just got hijacked by football....there goes a great thread :no: :(

rts551 - 1-17-2016 at 06:12 PM

Speaking of football, Puchuca (Los Tuzos) won today.

bajabuddha - 1-17-2016 at 07:40 PM

HIJACKED

HEY! EH?

I did mention the bruins, hoser.

vandenberg - 1-18-2016 at 09:14 AM

Champions league resumes in February, for anybody interested in "REAL" football.

woody with a view - 1-18-2016 at 09:15 AM

Premier League is the best!

dtbushpilot - 1-18-2016 at 09:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
HIJACKED

"Football"? What is that? Sounds like some esoteric ethnic ritual...:?:

Foot ball.....jeeezz, that must be painful. I've had tennis elbow before, probably nothing compared to foot ball...

Foot Ball?

AKgringo - 1-18-2016 at 09:37 AM

Sometimes it is tough to face the day when you have 'Foot Ball'. You just have to put your best foot forward, and be careful where you step.....like a well hung dachshund!

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by AKgringo]

BajaBill74 - 1-18-2016 at 09:51 AM

Briton is going to vote on whether or not to ban Donald Trump. Which way do you think the vote will go?

BajaBlanca - 1-18-2016 at 10:21 AM

best. thread. ever.

the tears are rolling down my face and my sides hurt!

keep 'em coming folks and don't forget to donate donate donate and donate some more

woody with a view - 1-18-2016 at 10:31 AM

Has anyone cared what Britain had to say for the past 220some years?

willardguy - 1-18-2016 at 10:57 AM

220, 221, whatever it takes........

rts551 - 1-18-2016 at 11:45 AM

If only there were more dirt roads in Mexico. You would not get foot ball then....only dirty knuckles.

motoged - 1-18-2016 at 11:46 AM

Has anyone cared what Britain had to say for the past 220some years?

They must have said something to tick off the Tea Party.....throwing all that stuff into the harbour and starting a fight...

A bad day in the colonies?

vandenberg - 1-18-2016 at 11:51 AM

Where are you at??

wheels of life.jpg - 67kB

DavidT - 1-18-2016 at 11:52 AM

TIL
Today I Learned

Ryan Leaf is the QB of the future for the Chargers and peanuts smell like elephant poop

motoged - 1-18-2016 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
....... Which way do you think the vote will go?

I dunno......

CNN sez:

CNN) With less than a month until the Iowa caucuses, followed immediately by New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary, it's time the conservative base and Republican establishment destroy Donald J. Trump -- before it's too late for the party, the conservative cause, and the nation.

To save our republic and the Republican Party, a senator from a different era offers a roadmap.

The great Roman orator Cato the Elder had a fierce hatred for Rome's mortal enemy, Carthage. So much so that Cato would end every speech, regardless of topic, with a reminder -- "Carthago delenda est" -- Carthage must be destroyed.

Cato rightly saw the Carthaginians as an existential threat to the Roman Republic. Like Carthage, Trump is a behemoth with sway over the same territory that the GOP covets.

Trump channels the populism of Patrick Buchanan of the 1990s. His appeal to the public strikes deeply at the GOP establishment which has utterly failed to address the concerns of what Nixon, and now Trump's own signage, called the "silent majority." These voters and taxpayers are sick and tired of being run over, run down, and run off by their "betters."

When pollsters and demographers examine "Trump voters" they find them largely white, angry and economically struggling. Their America appears to be in the rear view mirror -- where hard work, strong morals and an unwavering resolve were rewarded with opportunity and eventual success.

As the New York Times' Nate Cohn's analysis showed last week, the GOP frontrunner runs best with blue collar, rural registered Democrats. They have taken a beating in recent decades. Trade agreements and economic shifts have sent the good paying union jobs they once held to sweatshops in developing countries. The private sector unions that defended them have entered into terminal decline. Society seems to have undermined their sense of self as cultural values alien to them have become the norm, and government bureaucrats and the coastal elites seem to have grown more overbearing.

These are powerful realities for people in Trump's America that the political prognosticators, who rarely send their children into the military or get their hands dirty at work, don't understand. Trump is an enigma to them -- at once part of their club, moneyed, well-educated and successful, yet appealing to a group of people who are so different.

To follow Cato's advice, the Romans went outside their comfort zone and built a serious navy -- something they didn't have beforehand -- to take on and destroy Carthage on its own terms.

The conservative base can undo Trump by first acknowledging and then embracing the cause of the righteous anger that has catapulted Trump to the top spot in the field. The complaints about lack of opportunity and Washington's complicity in the diminishing optimism of the American people have to be folded into the message of every non-Trump candidate.

That may be a difficult task with this current crop of contenders, each with his own claim to privilege and elitism, but it's an obstacle that can be overcome.

The candidate who beats Trump (or a collection of the also-rans in tandem) has to unwind Trump's self-made, fire-breathing populist narrative.

Trump is no true conservative. He's not even a reactionary in the best sense of the word. He's a self-aggrandizing opportunist. His policies go no further than his catchphrase, "you're fired." Listening to his first television ad is like a preview for a bad movie -- an empty supercut of the highlights (or lowlights) without the plot being revealed because it's so thin.

Trump is no everyman. He built his empire with $100 million from his wealthy father. Far from born into working or middle class, Trump never struggled a day in his life except by his own failings in business and the resulting repeated bankruptcies. His privileged background enabled him to make money off money -- not exactly high on the hierarchy of middle-class values.

As for being incorruptible, Trump gave big to politicians. He admitted that was meant to buy favors. His policy positions are similarly ephemeral -- he supported the Big Government policies of Democrats and slippery values of the Clintons when it suited him. Steadfast, he is not.

If his opponents can show Trump is the emperor with no clothes, they can win over voters. When attacked, Trump seems to grow stronger but to date Trump's phony persona has yet to be unmasked. That's his Achilles' heel with his voters. An inauthentic and craven Trump would have little appeal to those seeking a candidate who would really fight for them.

The consequences of failure are huge. Not only is Trump's support base incapable of winning 270 electoral votes and the presidency, his unpredictability and inconsistency are liabilities and deeply dangerous for those who want to govern as conservatives in a methodical and principled way.

If Trump continues to do well, there could be all kinds of consequences for Republicans who want to truly address the cultural, economic and personal struggles of the voters who now stand with him.

We don't need more damage to the conservative brand. Trump must be destroyed or conservatism and the GOP will be." .....

Oh....I dunno......:light:

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by BajaNomad]

Football?

SFandH - 1-18-2016 at 01:06 PM

rts551 - 1-18-2016 at 01:08 PM

A person who is getting 30% of likely voters in 1 party is truly supported by 5-10% of the population and commands a lot of attention hmmmmm whats wrong with this picture?

....... Which way do you think the vote will go?

I dunno......

CNN sez:

CNN) With less than a month until the Iowa caucuses, followed immediately by New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary, it's time the conservative base and Republican establishment destroy Donald J. Trump -- before it's too late for the party, the conservative cause, and the nation.

To save our republic and the Republican Party, a senator from a different era offers a roadmap.

The great Roman orator Cato the Elder had a fierce hatred for Rome's mortal enemy, Carthage. So much so that Cato would end every speech, regardless of topic, with a reminder -- "Carthago delenda est" -- Carthage must be destroyed.

Cato rightly saw the Carthaginians as an existential threat to the Roman Republic. Like Carthage, Trump is a behemoth with sway over the same territory that the GOP covets.

Trump channels the populism of Patrick Buchanan of the 1990s. His appeal to the public strikes deeply at the GOP establishment which has utterly failed to address the concerns of what Nixon, and now Trump's own signage, called the "silent majority." These voters and taxpayers are sick and tired of being run over, run down, and run off by their "betters."

When pollsters and demographers examine "Trump voters" they find them largely white, angry and economically struggling. Their America appears to be in the rear view mirror -- where hard work, strong morals and an unwavering resolve were rewarded with opportunity and eventual success.

As the New York Times' Nate Cohn's analysis showed last week, the GOP frontrunner runs best with blue collar, rural registered Democrats. They have taken a beating in recent decades. Trade agreements and economic shifts have sent the good paying union jobs they once held to sweatshops in developing countries. The private sector unions that defended them have entered into terminal decline. Society seems to have undermined their sense of self as cultural values alien to them have become the norm, and government bureaucrats and the coastal elites seem to have grown more overbearing.

These are powerful realities for people in Trump's America that the political prognosticators, who rarely send their children into the military or get their hands dirty at work, don't understand. Trump is an enigma to them -- at once part of their club, moneyed, well-educated and successful, yet appealing to a group of people who are so different.

To follow Cato's advice, the Romans went outside their comfort zone and built a serious navy -- something they didn't have beforehand -- to take on and destroy Carthage on its own terms.

The conservative base can undo Trump by first acknowledging and then embracing the cause of the righteous anger that has catapulted Trump to the top spot in the field. The complaints about lack of opportunity and Washington's complicity in the diminishing optimism of the American people have to be folded into the message of every non-Trump candidate.

That may be a difficult task with this current crop of contenders, each with his own claim to privilege and elitism, but it's an obstacle that can be overcome.

The candidate who beats Trump (or a collection of the also-rans in tandem) has to unwind Trump's self-made, fire-breathing populist narrative.

Trump is no true conservative. He's not even a reactionary in the best sense of the word. He's a self-aggrandizing opportunist. His policies go no further than his catchphrase, "you're fired." Listening to his first television ad is like a preview for a bad movie -- an empty supercut of the highlights (or lowlights) without the plot being revealed because it's so thin.

Trump is no everyman. He built his empire with $100 million from his wealthy father. Far from born into working or middle class, Trump never struggled a day in his life except by his own failings in business and the resulting repeated bankruptcies. His privileged background enabled him to make money off money -- not exactly high on the hierarchy of middle-class values.

As for being incorruptible, Trump gave big to politicians. He admitted that was meant to buy favors. His policy positions are similarly ephemeral -- he supported the Big Government policies of Democrats and slippery values of the Clintons when it suited him. Steadfast, he is not.

If his opponents can show Trump is the emperor with no clothes, they can win over voters. When attacked, Trump seems to grow stronger but to date Trump's phony persona has yet to be unmasked. That's his Achilles' heel with his voters. An inauthentic and craven Trump would have little appeal to those seeking a candidate who would really fight for them.

The consequences of failure are huge. Not only is Trump's support base incapable of winning 270 electoral votes and the presidency, his unpredictability and inconsistency are liabilities and deeply dangerous for those who want to govern as conservatives in a methodical and principled way.

If Trump continues to do well, there could be all kinds of consequences for Republicans who want to truly address the cultural, economic and personal struggles of the voters who now stand with him.

We don't need more damage to the conservative brand. Trump must be destroyed or conservatism and the GOP will be." .....

Oh....I dunno......:light:

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by rts551]

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by BajaNomad]

woody with a view - 1-18-2016 at 01:33 PM

no political experience. doesn't take lobbyists donations. self funded so far, until the general election. speaks in a different tone than EVERY OTHER politician for the past 30 years. "bring jobs back! who cares if your boss makes money? you will too!:light:

obviously, he needs some experts to surround him and make policy. why can't that work? cuz he's a self-made billionaire? Obama did it, minus his own funds.

if it comes to Trump-Sanders i'll go Dem
if it comes to Trump-Hilldebeast i'll go for a breath of fresh air, not like the past 25 years.....

edit: imagine for a moment..... if the U.S.A. made shoelaces, combs, shoes, belts, Levi's, TVs, tires, or any of the multitude of items YOU use on a daily basis. Not so hard to imagine, right? what the guvmint doesn't want is for everyone to have a job, making things US consumers want made here in USA. if all of those things cost double (how much does a comb or TV cost you at walmart?) or triple, but 80% of the population was working then it would pay $20/hour to make combs all day long! the pay scale would grow from there.... win/win/win for business/you/guvmint.

i guess we could stay with the status-quo and import millions of people every year who need guvmint assistance like we continue to do. somehow the business/guvmint interests are served. HOW ARE YOU WORKERS GETTING AHEAD?

this is my political rant for the next 4 years so don't expect an answer.....

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by woody with a view]

wessongroup - 1-18-2016 at 01:48 PM

"To put that in perspective, if you exploded one atomic bomb the size of the one that dropped on Hiroshima every second for a year, the total energy released would be 2 zettajoules. So since 1997, Earth's oceans have absorbed man-made heat energy equivalent to a Hiroshima-style bomb being exploded every second for 75 straight years."

motoged - 1-18-2016 at 02:02 PM

Geez....didn't mean for the thread to present a "narrow" opinion....so much for quoting anyone, huh?

See what foot ball does to the world? Or is it politics?

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by motoged]

[Edited on 1-18-2016 by motoged]

SFandH - 1-18-2016 at 02:06 PM

motoged, looks like your post a few back where you quoted bajabill74 somehow screwed up code causing this weird formatting. Perhaps delete that post?

Might work.

vandenberg - 1-18-2016 at 02:08 PM

This meant for narrow minded people?:P

motoged - 1-18-2016 at 02:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
motoged, looks like your post a few back where you quoted bajabill74 somehow screwed up code causing this weird formatting. Perhaps delete that post?

Might work.

Looks like you cracked the code.....:saint:

rts551 - 1-18-2016 at 06:11 PM

Bump....to protect the pothole thread.

wessongroup - 1-18-2016 at 11:56 PM

:lol::lol:

redhilltown - 1-19-2016 at 12:10 AM

Donald Trump wears my favorite tope!

And i bet he drives in Baja at night.

BajaBill74 - 1-19-2016 at 01:03 AM

Okay; a new hijack. How about Trump jokes. Show us your best.

motoged - 1-19-2016 at 01:29 PM

Trump IS the joke...

Just a thought: "the next generation of conservative leaders, needs … to govern ably and wisely, not just communicate and entertain."

[Edited on 1-19-2016 by motoged]

vandenberg - 1-19-2016 at 08:31 PM

Trump IS the joke...

Just a thought: "the next generation of conservative leaders, needs … to govern ably and wisely, not just communicate and entertain."

[Edited on 1-19-2016 by motoged]

If I were you I would pay attention to your new leader instead of making fun of our upcoming chief.:biggrin:
At least his mom didn't diddle Mick Jagger, which is enough to give anybody the willies.

[Edited on 1-20-2016 by vandenberg]

bent-rim - 1-19-2016 at 11:50 PM

What does Julie Nixon Eisenhower have in common with Margaret Trudeau?

They both blow a little dope.

Courtesy of National Lampoon ages ago.

motoged - 1-20-2016 at 04:39 PM

Nomads,
It's been a good run....thanks for the levity.;)

willardguy - 1-20-2016 at 04:49 PM

who won?

AKgringo - 1-20-2016 at 04:57 PM

Nomads,
It's been a good run....thanks for the levity.;)

This thread could be the 'Seinfeld Show' of the Nomad forum. A thread about 'Nothing'!

Impossible to hijack, even with a few attempts about real issues. I believe we can look forward to re-runs for a long time!

Good idea posting it!

wessongroup - 1-20-2016 at 08:09 PM

Dittos :):)

bajabuddha - 1-20-2016 at 10:28 PM

Amazing... first thing I larnt as a young'un is don't discuss politks or religion. Only causes fisticuffs and bad vibes.

Go figger. BajaNomania.

motoged - 1-21-2016 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
who won?

They did....shrinkage.....

willardguy - 1-21-2016 at 01:40 PM

I vote for BornFisher's "Mary Ann" :lol:

danaeb - 1-21-2016 at 03:33 PM

Sarah Palin.

wessongroup - 1-21-2016 at 04:22 PM

Sweetwater - 1-22-2016 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by danaeb  

Sarah Palin.

AKgringo - 1-22-2016 at 06:56 PM

I think that was Sarah's Christmas greeting. No L, on a red and white background!

Sarah gems

Lee - 1-22-2016 at 07:21 PM

“They stomp on our neck, and then they tell us, ‘Just chill, O.K., just relax.’ Well, look, we are mad, and we’ve been had. They need to get used to it.”

“We’re talking about no more Reaganesque power that comes from strength. Power through strength.”

“And you quit footing the bill for these nations who are oil-rich, we’re paying for some of their squirmishes that have been going on for centuries. Where they’re fighting each other and yelling ‘Allahu akbar,’ calling jihad on each other’s heads forever and ever. Like I’ve said before, let them duke it out and let Allah sort it out.”

“How about the rest of us? Right-winging, bitter-clinging, proud clingers of our guns, our God, and our religion, and our Constitution.”

“He is from the private sector, not a politician. Can I get a ‘Hallelujah!’ ”

Mrs. Palin goes godly as she enthuses about the business world.

“Mr. Trump, you’re right, look back there in the press box. Heads are spinning, media heads are spinning. This is going to be so much fun.”

“In fact it’s time to drill, baby, drill down, and hold these folks accountable.”

“Well, and then, funny, ha ha, not funny, but now, what they’re doing is wailing, ‘Well, Trump and his Trumpeters, they’re not conservative enough.’ ”

“He’s got the guts to wear the issues that need to be spoken about and debate on his sleeve, where the rest of some of these establishment candidates, they just wanted to duck and hide. They didn’t want to talk about these issues until he brought ’em up. In fact, they’ve been wearing a, this, political correctness kind of like a suicide vest.”

bajacamper - 1-22-2016 at 07:43 PM

Sarah, gotta love her. She still makes all our liberal friends run in circles, scream and shout, as their heads explode.

Lee - 1-22-2016 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  
Sarah, gotta love her. She still makes all our liberal friends run in circles, scream and shout, as their heads explode.

Thought she said she would like a cabinet post, like Secretary of Energy, so she could get rid of it. Did I hear that wrong?

Don for Pres, Jesse for VP, Sarah running her mouth, Ted and Marco in a cabinet. Doesn't get any better for some folks.

Evangelicals and rednecks making it happen.

Sweetwater - 1-22-2016 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  

When you can explain the gibberish that Sarah expounds, then my head might explode, until then, I'm just Rolling on the Floor, LMAO.

Quote:

“They stomp on our neck, and then they tell us, ‘Just chill, O.K., just relax.’ Well, look, we are mad, and we’ve been had. They need to get used to it.” “We’re talking about no more Reaganesque power that comes from strength. Power through strength.” “And you quit footing the bill for these nations who are oil-rich, we’re paying for some of their squirmishes that have been going on for centuries. Where they’re fighting each other and yelling ‘Allahu akbar,’ calling jihad on each other’s heads forever and ever. Like I’ve said before, let them duke it out and let Allah sort it out.” “How about the rest of us? Right-winging, bitter-clinging, proud clingers of our guns, our God, and our religion, and our Constitution.” “He is from the private sector, not a politician. Can I get a ‘Hallelujah!’ ” Mrs. Palin goes godly as she enthuses about the business world. “Mr. Trump, you’re right, look back there in the press box. Heads are spinning, media heads are spinning. This is going to be so much fun.” “In fact it’s time to drill, baby, drill down, and hold these folks accountable.” “Well, and then, funny, ha ha, not funny, but now, what they’re doing is wailing, ‘Well, Trump and his Trumpeters, they’re not conservative enough.’ ” “He’s got the guts to wear the issues that need to be spoken about and debate on his sleeve, where the rest of some of these establishment candidates, they just wanted to duck and hide. They didn’t want to talk about these issues until he brought ’em up. In fact, they’ve been wearing a, this, political correctness kind of like a suicide vest.”

bajabuddha - 1-22-2016 at 11:46 PM

Now THAT'S what I call a HIJACK!

bajacamper - 1-23-2016 at 10:12 AM

Pretty simple really. We are being screwed and it is finally time to change.

motoged - 1-23-2016 at 02:05 PM

Oh,boy.....soon this will be banished to Off Topic.....:O

Palin is a cretin....

Let's get lost in the usual mindless chatter of non-sequitur hijacks....just so some degree of logic floats to the top of the bowl before the thread gets flushed... ;)

Like the full moon up there tonight....:light:

rts551 - 1-23-2016 at 03:05 PM

You mean like the "oceans are not rising, the peninsula is sinking"

rts551 - 1-23-2016 at 03:07 PM

Did you see the dollar today. 18.4 pesos to the $. DArN Americans are ruining it for every one else.

Cisco - 1-23-2016 at 04:57 PM

"DES MOINES, Iowa (The Borowitz Report)—Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin continued to air her grievances against President Obama on Friday, telling an audience at a Trump rally in Iowa that Obama was “single-handedly to blame” for her defeat in the 2008 general election.

“Like a lot of American families, we Palins had big plans and dreams—in this case, regarding me becoming Vice-President,” she said. “But you know who had to go and ruin those plans and dreams? President Obama.”

Palin said that Obama insured her defeat in 2008 “just like he has defeated so many other great Americans,” and that her family had paid the price.

“I can’t help thinking that, if I had been elected Vice-President, Bristol and Willow wouldn’t have gotten into that drunken brawl and Track wouldn’t have threatened his girlfriend and whatnot,” she said. “Thanks, Obama.”

Trump, who appeared with Palin at the rally, stepped offstage after a few minutes, explaining to reporters that he could “only take that voice for so long.”"

motoged - 1-23-2016 at 05:04 PM

Canadian dollar = 70 cents to the US $ ...

Canadian tourists aren't cheapskates...they are broke :biggrin:

bajabuddha - 1-23-2016 at 05:28 PM

Canadian dollar = 70 cents to the US $ ...

Canadian tourists aren't cheapskates...they are broke :biggrin:

Ya, eh? Cross da border wit two twenty-loonies, and two pair of underwear, and no plans on changin' either 'till March, eh?
:biggrin: ;)

...AND FURTHERMORE: A Caesar is NOT a bleedin' Bloody Mary!

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

motoged - 1-23-2016 at 05:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

...AND FURTHERMORE: A Caesar is NOT a bleedin' Bloody Mary!

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

As long as you don't have a seizure about the difference....

toneart - 1-23-2016 at 05:40 PM

Well done, Amigos! Motoged's power of suggestion worked well. Looks like Jack is alive but not too well. One time I saw a T Shirt that read, "I know Jack Sh*t". :yes::coolup:

Barry A. - 1-23-2016 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  
"DES MOINES, Iowa (The Borowitz Report)—Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin continued to air her grievances against President Obama on Friday, telling an audience at a Trump rally in Iowa that Obama was “single-handedly to blame” for her defeat in the 2008 general election.

“Like a lot of American families, we Palins had big plans and dreams—in this case, regarding me becoming Vice-President,” she said. “But you know who had to go and ruin those plans and dreams? President Obama.”

Palin said that Obama insured her defeat in 2008 “just like he has defeated so many other great Americans,” and that her family had paid the price.

“I can’t help thinking that, if I had been elected Vice-President, Bristol and Willow wouldn’t have gotten into that drunken brawl and Track wouldn’t have threatened his girlfriend and whatnot,” she said. “Thanks, Obama.”

Trump, who appeared with Palin at the rally, stepped offstage after a few minutes, explaining to reporters that he could “only take that voice for so long.”"

LOL-----------It WAS a pretty shrill speech!!!! Gotta love her, though!!! LOL

Barry

wessongroup - 1-23-2016 at 06:04 PM

Why a violin ... :):)

toneart - 1-23-2016 at 06:09 PM

It's happening in New Jersey right now!

rts551 - 1-23-2016 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  

It's happening in New Jersey right now!

You mean the east coast sinking as well! Oh no. Are there any palm trees to monitor there?

DavidT - 1-23-2016 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

How else do you turn "Hey Joe" into elevator Muzak?

bajacamper - 1-23-2016 at 07:57 PM

Moto, as my friend the chimp said in Mad mag......VOOTIE!!!

vandenberg - 1-23-2016 at 08:07 PM

Hey, you guys are really getting with the program.:biggrin:
Most entertaining thread this year, keep it up.!!

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by vandenberg]

rts551 - 1-23-2016 at 08:15 PM

Saw a boat unloading drugs today on the bay...While I was eating my turtle soup... What do I do...talk to the guy with the black glove who was looking for eggs? oppps stepped on one...and I don't have my FMM.

rts551 - 1-23-2016 at 08:43 PM

Went through the immigration checkpoint in 2003. The officer was picking his nose.

DavidT - 1-23-2016 at 09:16 PM

Went through the immigration checkpoint in 2003. The officer was picking his nose.

Went through in 2004. The officer was picking my nose.
Hope he'd washed his hands after you saw him.

bajabuddha - 1-23-2016 at 11:14 PM

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch.

You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends' nose, but you can't roll your friends into a little ball and eat 'em.

(last stanza debatable).

motoged - 1-24-2016 at 01:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DavidT  

How else do you turn "Hey Joe" into elevator Muzak?

I liked it.....wish that was on my elevator's playlist.

She plays a mean fiddle....really puts her hips into it.

I think they are playing at The Jungle next week....soup's on the house...

sancho - 1-24-2016 at 03:04 PM

At what point does one opt for velcro closures on their shoes?
this topic needs to be bumped back up for air every few weeks

motoged - 1-24-2016 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
At what point does one opt for velcro closures on their shoes?
this topic needs to be bumped back up for air every few weeks

Velcro still requires the ability to bend over and be able to touch your feet....how's that workin' for ya ?

bajabuddha - 1-24-2016 at 03:48 PM

In Wyoming they're using Velcro chaps ........ (*insert visual here*)

Sweetwater - 1-25-2016 at 12:31 PM

In Wyoming they're using Velcro chaps ........ (*insert visual here*)

Alrighty then, since I'm from Wyoming......

motoged - 1-25-2016 at 12:37 PM

Ahhhhh.....the sound of velcro opening......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk

[Edited on 1-25-2016 by motoged]

Romano - 1-25-2016 at 02:49 PM

And why not? Wink. There have been some great rock violinists. A different perspective on harmony/melody.

https://youtu.be/XUNgQ03D2qA?list=PLnjjNA7N-l8ORu8I9Nh41LpzL...

[Edited on 1-25-2016 by Romano]

bajabuddha - 1-25-2016 at 03:18 PM

Ahhhhh.....the sound of velcro opening......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk

[Edited on 1-25-2016 by motoged]

I shear mine loose with hand-clippers. That way they remember your kindness and don't run away as quickly. Right, SW? Oh, and btw, I'm originally from Utah-hah-ha, the land of multiple ma-a-a-a-riages.
:light:

[Edited on 1-25-2016 by bajabuddha]

motoged - 1-25-2016 at 03:37 PM

I shear mine loose with hand-clippers. That way they remember your kindness and don't run away as quickly. Right, SW? Oh, and btw, I'm originally from Utah-hah-ha, the land of multiple ma-a-a-a-riages.

BB,
So wuz you helpin' that sheep through the fence....or.....?

bajabuddha - 1-25-2016 at 03:43 PM

BB,
So wuz you helpin' that sheep through the fence....or.....?

You Bet! An' it's only mud on muh boots, and muh pick-up's paid-fer....

And remember, EAT UTAH LAMB. 300,000 coyotes can't be all wrong~! :cool:

wessongroup - 1-25-2016 at 04:10 PM

Romano ... thanks for that ... Had forgotten all about that song ... still good :):)

bajabuddha - 2-1-2016 at 04:42 PM

Welcome back, Agt. Scully; you and Mulder need to investigate BN sometime... :cool:

durrelllrobert - 2-1-2016 at 06:11 PM

Just saw ad for someone to pick up spent cartridge casing at new gun range. Sounds like you are qualified:

woody with a view - 2-1-2016 at 06:12 PM

knock knock
who is it?
DAVE
Dave's not here....

wessongroup - 2-1-2016 at 08:27 PM

Tornado in La Mision ...

redhilltown - 2-2-2016 at 12:35 AM

Ain't there one damn Baja song that will make me...break down and cry?

bajacamper - 2-2-2016 at 10:19 AM

"Grandma got run over by a reindeer in Catavina"
 Pages:  1  2