BajaNomad

Trump to Mexico!!

Pages:  1  2  

KaceyJ - 9-1-2016 at 07:58 PM

Trump has both dems and pubs scared because he will demand accountability -something that is severely lacking in the current administration .
Good enough for me
HillBilly's freelancing the state dept to make herself richer and not putting the interest of the US first makes me sick to my stomach -not to mention her continuous lying about it.
There's no other choice , unless goat pulls superman out of his arse somehow

BornFisher - 9-1-2016 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
TRUMP WON'T WIN.

Changing demographics and statistics basically prove this, as long as Hillary doesn't melt down.

If anyone wants to put a wager of $100 that I'm wrong, I will gladly take that wager.

First 2 who accept my wager get my internet hand shake.

Always love a good bet, and one that last 70 days or so will be too fun. You`re on, $100, my internet hand shake is on!!

JoeJustJoe - 9-1-2016 at 10:52 PM

If you take a look at a few online betting sites. Hillary Clinton is a heavy favorite to win the Presidential election on most if not all betting sites.

Many people believe betting sites are more accurate than polls for obvious reasons.

Hillary Clinton 2/7
Donald Trump 5/2
Gary Johnson 150/1
Jill Stein 400/1

https://www.skybet.com/politics/us-presidential-election/eve...

wessongroup - 9-2-2016 at 01:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
Trump has both dems and pubs scared because he will demand accountability -something that is severely lacking in the current administration .
Good enough for me
HillBilly's freelancing the state dept to make herself richer and not putting the interest of the US first makes me sick to my stomach -not to mention her continuous lying about it.
There's no other choice , unless goat pulls superman out of his arse somehow

Can't wait ... :lol::lol:

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2016 at 06:13 AM

Trump has both dems and pubs scared because he will demand accountability

When is trump going to hold himself accountable for anything?

Ever time he says something outlandish he replies "I didn't say that."

He was a sleazy developer that shorted many of his contractors.

He builds houses of cards, then declares bankruptcy.

He says corporations are bad for importing low wage temp labor and shipping jobs overseas, then he and his children import B1B visa workers to wash dishes, be maids, and they manufacture their clothing overseas in low wage sweat shops.

Accountability?

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by mtgoat666]

Ateo - 9-2-2016 at 07:18 AM

You're on amigo!

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
TRUMP WON'T WIN.

Changing demographics and statistics basically prove this, as long as Hillary doesn't melt down.

If anyone wants to put a wager of $100 that I'm wrong, I will gladly take that wager.

First 2 who accept my wager get my internet hand shake.

Always love a good bet, and one that last 70 days or so will be too fun. You`re on, $100, my internet hand shake is on!!

KaceyJ - 9-2-2016 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Trump has both dems and pubs scared because he will demand accountability

When is trump going to hold himself accountable for anything?

Ever time he says something outlandish he replies "I didn't say that."

He was a sleazy developer that shorted many of his contractors.

He builds houses of cards, then declares bankruptcy.

He says corporations are bad for importing low wage temp labor and shipping jobs overseas, then he and his children import B1B visa workers to wash dishes, be maids, and they manufacture their clothing overseas in low wage sweat shops.

Accountability?

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by mtgoat666]

Goat , your lop sided ,myopic , obviously trolling diatribe got old long ago . Look hard enough and you'll find they're all crooked according someones interpretation. Question is which one will do the least harm and has the most interest in the country .

JC43 - 9-2-2016 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Supporting Trump on a message board centered upon traveling and living in Mexico is a weird thing to do. Hence the closeted supporters.

His insults have destroyed much goodwill between the two countries. I bet many Mexicans are very disappointed by the amount of support he's getting.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by SFandH]

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?

BS in HD! Where is the respect from the U.S. in regards of other nations borders???
Invasion of Iraq / Libya
Invasion of Grenada
Robbery of California from Mexico by war
same: New Mexico. Parts of Nevada, Texas etc.
So many more disrespects of nations borders no other country ever has shown.
Hawaii >>> killing of a monarchy and so much more!

woody with a view - 9-2-2016 at 08:02 AM

Until the majority understands that 1/10 of 1/10 of 1/10 of 1% of our population needs to be purged at least every 10 years, corruption will run amok. Do you not understand that most of the good jobs (and the money) are now controlled by these people. And thus, these people control 99.99999% of the US population. Wake up America; we no more need another Clinton than we need another Bush. We do not need a politician. We need someone who knows how to actually do something other than control "sheep".

And JC you're just dumb. Humans are a war-like organism. Wars have been fought and won since the Neanderthals got their a s s e s handed to them. Do you remember a guy named Cortez?

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by woody with a view]

bezzell - 9-2-2016 at 08:14 AM

keep in mind y'all .... if The Grump doesn't win ... Baja Nomad will continue to be dragged into the mire by its own mega-clown, b-tchin' & whining politically for another four yrs. :fire:

(not to mention the usual bombardment of old irrelevant photos, instead of links ... forcing everyone to look and waste time in search of info) :fire:

Immigration Policy Dysfunction

SFandH - 9-2-2016 at 08:25 AM

Some days Donald is hard on immigration.

Some days he softens on immigration.

Some talking heads say he went limp in Mexico.

Is this typical of a 70 year old man?

Maybe time for the little blue bill that made Bob Dole smile again?

Seek a rational friend if your policy remains hard for more than 4 hours.

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 08:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  
keep in mind y'all .... if The Grump doesn't win ... Baja Nomad will continue to be dragged into the mire by its own mega-clown, b-tchin' & whining politically for another four yrs. :fire:

(not to mention the usual bombardment of old irrelevant photos, instead of links ... forcing everyone to look and waste time in search of info) :fire:

In the not so old daze, political conversations such as this would be thrown into Off Topic. Times do constantly change.

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 08:47 AM

Latest from the Trumpers...".If we don't do something, we'll have a Taco Cart on every corner" SO? What's the bad news?

Mexitron - 9-2-2016 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Semantics, JoJo, just semantics!! LOL It's all in the interpretation. The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages. THAT is so refreshing, to me.

That's confusing--Reagan granted illegals amnesty and left office with a unspoken open door policy--his admin saw the value, apparently of a cheap labor force to fuel the bottom end of their voodoo capitalism.

Ateo - 9-2-2016 at 11:16 AM

What he said^^^^^^^

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  

Semantics, JoJo, just semantics!! LOL It's all in the interpretation. The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages. THAT is so refreshing, to me.

That's confusing--Reagan granted illegals amnesty and left office with a unspoken open door policy--his admin saw the value, apparently of a cheap labor force to fuel the bottom end of their voodoo capitalism.

------and I think that Reagan made a HUGE mistake, though his intentions were noble, and at the time he and his advisers thought them necessary, but did not think things out long-term. "Voodoo-economics" (properly known as 'Supply-Side Economics') works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't------just like Keynesian Economics. We need both, depending on the circumstances, but politics gets in the way, on both sides.

JoeJustJoe - 9-2-2016 at 11:29 AM

In the not so old daze, political conversations such as this would be thrown into Off Topic. Times do constantly change.

Well this topic is Mexico related because Trump did visit Mexico.

And the thread hasn't completely gone off the rails yet, but who knows this thread may find itself in the OT soon.

Quite frankly if you ask me the OT has much more interesting topics than the regular forum, and topics about Trump come up all the OT just like in the real world.

SFandH - 9-2-2016 at 11:52 AM

I just deleted my post asking Barry to elaborate upon a statement he made. It has nothing to do about baja, except perhaps the immigration issue.

Off topic is the place for this thread if it moves into a general discussion about US politics.

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 11:56 AM

The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages.

Could you be more specific?

What problems are you talking about and what are Trump's solutions?

I suggest that you tune in to FoxNews and FoxBusiness for almost daily updates on Trump and his plans. Alternately, or in addition, listen carefully to what Trump says in his numerous speeches and press appearances, and then reflect on what Trump has been doing for decades, and you will get some idea of where I am coming from. This man is results-oriented, has ideas that I support, and I find that refreshing and encouraging, but I grant you he needs Congress's cooperation, and that will be tough. But, if anybody can do it, Trump can! I don't agree with hardly anything the present Admin. is doing, and I almost agree with EVERYTHING that Trump is pushing.

That's my take, anyway. Do your homework, and the answer to your questions will become obvious.

SFandH - 9-2-2016 at 12:01 PM

Barry, I deleted my post asking you to clarify. It's an off-topic discussion. I know what Trump is saying. Thanks for answering my question though.

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by SFandH]

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 12:13 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle is the only good thing about Fox News...I watch it with the sound off...I agree, FYI, move all this stupid political crap to OT..

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Kimberly Guilfoyle is the only good thing about Fox News...I watch it with the sound off...I agree, FYI, move all this stupid political crap to OT..

So, Chuckie, you get the 'good word' via osmosis?

The FoxGirls DO make the news more interesting, I agree, and in addition they are so intelligent and informed, and handle themselves so well in front of the camera!!! (It would appear that Roger Ailes was overwhelmed by their talent, however, which is very disappointing-----bye bye Roger)

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 12:59 PM

No, actually I help make the good word, by having coffee with Farmers and Ranchers and people who work for a living ...At this point in this election cycle, I wont vote for either major candidate.

bajabuddha - 9-2-2016 at 01:50 PM

Yep, watch Faux (entertainment) news ad nauseum until your tinfoil hat starts to glow; then y'er on to something!!!!

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 01:55 PM

LOL---------It's the Baja Nomad political threads that continue to make my tin-hat "glow" by the stuff that some people post. :lol:

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 01:58 PM

No, actually I help make the good word, by having coffee with Farmers and Ranchers and people who work for a living ...At this point in this election cycle, I wont vote for either major candidate.

The most mature and studied choice presented here. It makes a louder statement than all others by the electorate sheep flock. I mean...why the fugg would anyone in their right and righteous mind go to a the Kentucky Derby and ponder which three legged nag to bet on in a field winners?

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 02:03 PM

The most mature and studied choice presented here. It makes a louder statement than all others by the electorate sheep flock. I mean...why the fugg would anyone in their right and righteous mind go to a the Kentucky Derby and ponder which three legged nag to bet on in a field winners?

"Statement" yes, but, one of the two "major candidates" is going to win-------------you ok with either one?

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 02:10 PM

No. I choose to not be a part of it, that is also my right. I may be ugly, but I still have to look at myself in the mirror.

Bajahowodd - 9-2-2016 at 04:03 PM

The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages.

Could you be more specific?

What problems are you talking about and what are Trump's solutions?

I suggest that you tune in to FoxNews and FoxBusiness for almost daily updates on Trump and his plans. Alternately, or in addition, listen carefully to what Trump says in his numerous speeches and press appearances, and then reflect on what Trump has been doing for decades, and you will get some idea of where I am coming from. This man is results-oriented, has ideas that I support, and I find that refreshing and encouraging, but I grant you he needs Congress's cooperation, and that will be tough. But, if anybody can do it, Trump can! I don't agree with hardly anything the present Admin. is doing, and I almost agree with EVERYTHING that Trump is pushing.

That's my take, anyway. Do your homework, and the answer to your questions will become obvious.

\
So sad that a fellow Nomad I respect has fallen prey to a psychopathic liar.

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 04:20 PM

I don't have any questions, Wodd....I wont vote for anyone that I don't feel is qualified to run my country...

KurtG - 9-2-2016 at 04:29 PM

I can't vote for any candidate who won't release his tax returns and who eats pizza with a fork.

Ateo - 9-2-2016 at 04:34 PM

I can't believe you're buying Trump's BS Barry. Does this guy see like a guy you'd wanna do business with? He low balls everyone, doesn't pay on time or doesn't pay at all.

I've worked for people like that and they're slime balls. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE FALLING FOR IT.

But that's your right.

Anyone on the fence......please vote for the Supreme Court. Actually, don't. I'm guessing this is mostly older white males on this website and they tend to wanna take things back to the old days.

bajabuddha - 9-2-2016 at 04:44 PM

I can't believe you're buying Trump's BS Barry. Does this guy see like a guy you'd wanna do business with? He low balls everyone, doesn't pay on time or doesn't pay at all.

I've worked for people like that and they're slime balls. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE FALLING FOR IT.

But that's your right.

Anyone on the fence......please vote for the Supreme Court. Actually, don't. I'm guessing this is mostly older white males on this website and they tend to wanna take things back to the old days.

TRIPLE DITTO AMEN

SFandH - 9-2-2016 at 04:50 PM

I'm guessing this is mostly older white males on this website and they tend to wanna take things back to the old days.

I'm an older white guy and there are a lot of us that don't support Trump.

But you're correct about the nostalgia aspect of the Trump campaign. It's in his slogan - Make America Great AGAIN. There is nostalgia for the time when white anglo-saxon protestant men ran the show, Beaver Cleaver lived down the street, blacks sat in the back of the bus, and women weren't considered equal. Those are Trump's roots.

Of course that's long gone. White Christian America is on the wane. It's much more diverse and secular than before.

[Edited on 9-3-2016 by SFandH]

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 04:51 PM

I have followed Trump for years, and I simply don't agree with you that think he is not on the up and up. His fellow business associates and partners largely disagree with you all, and respect Trump as a straight shooter and a man that gets things done, fairly and squarely.

Barring something serious, I will vote for him. I have not observed one "lie" that is legit criticism-----exageration, yes, but not any "lies". I can't say the same for Hillary.

Sorry some of you don't agree, but that is what Freedom is all about, I guess.

Agree to disagree.

SFandH - 9-2-2016 at 04:56 PM

I have not observed one "lie" that is legit criticism

check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

bajabuddha - 9-2-2016 at 05:00 PM

IF YOU CLOSE ONE EYE IT ONLY LOOKS HALF AS BAD

I'm 65 and can smell a con man from 500 paces.

Ateo - 9-2-2016 at 05:19 PM

I'm guessing this is mostly older white males on this website and they tend to wanna take things back to the old days.

I'm an older white guy and there are a lot of us that don't support Trump.

[Edited on 9-3-2016 by SFandH]

Amen. Yep, thanks for pointing out not all older white males support Trump. Many, many, don't!

[Edited on 9-3-2016 by Ateo]

Floatflyer - 9-2-2016 at 05:31 PM

check it out:

Can't wait to read the explanation for this little snippet!!:lol:

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 05:32 PM

Geeez, DK that's another one of your really STUPID comments...I just went back and read thru this POS thread and dint see anything about race or religion...

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 05:38 PM

check it out:

Quotes from Trump the business man that does business with the Government (duh), and Trump the Republican candidate------------two entirely different situations, and he is pragmatic. I too have changed my mind as I learn different things, and want to grease the skids, so I don't fault Trump for the same. It's called being realistic. It's about TRUST--------i trust Trump, and I don't for a minute TRUST Hillary, and I have followed her for decades too. Besides, nothing that Hillary wants for this Country is correct, IMO.

I certainly am a "older American" at 78-------no denying that. I do NOT believe in throwing out what made us GREAT, regardless of the changing demographics. The immigrants came here from somewhere else, presumably for the opportunities here. It's foolish to move to another Country for a better life, and then try to change what attracted them in the first place. Assimilate, or go back where you came from!! If that's an out-of-date idea, then so be it, but of course I don't believe that for a second.

motoged - 9-2-2016 at 05:46 PM

Chuckie,
I think DK is suggesting that Trump's basic platform is in no way opposing religions (Islam perhaps?) or people of colour (Hispanic perhaps?)....in his political positions.

Also, DK is encouraging you to recognize the corrupt practices of news agencies and to not pay any attention to hundreds of reporters, quoted interviews, and any evidence they present with their submissions.

I trust even a turd-kickin' prairie boy can accept the good intentions of DK's encouragement to not believe what you think or read.... ;)

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 06:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
I can't vote for any candidate who won't release his tax returns and who eats pizza with a fork.

Why is it necessary in your opinion to show tax returns? What difference would they make? Do you think anyone would throw incriminating evidence on the desk for the world to see?
Seems a ridiculous request. Most wouldn't understand them anyway
Hey....I'm just asking.

DENNIS - 9-2-2016 at 06:29 PM

Who's gonna build that wall?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/01/news/economy/mexico-peso-mon...

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2016 at 06:43 PM

Why is it necessary in your opinion to show tax returns? What difference would they make? Do you think anyone would throw incriminating evidence on the desk for the world to see?.

Well, that's why trump won't release the incriminating evidence

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2016 at 06:48 PM

If trump taxes/confiscates the working poor's remittances to build a wall, he will forever live in shame as evil Scrooge.
He should tax the rich that hire undocumented workers.
You can't fault a poor person that migrates for work, they are noble and industrious. You can find plenty of fault with USA middle class and rich that hire cheap undocumented labor to squeeze a penny, so they can drink margaritas in cabo at xmas.

chuckie - 9-2-2016 at 07:58 PM

Never kick a wet turd, Motoged! I always appreciate advice from DK, Who has it piped in from LaLa land...Six more days and I'll be back in Canada! God save the queen and heaven bless..The Maple leaf forever! EH?

Barry A. - 9-2-2016 at 07:59 PM

If trump taxes/confiscates the working poor's remittances to build a wall, he will forever live in shame as evil Scrooge.
He should tax the rich that hire undocumented workers.
You can't fault a poor person that migrates for work, they are noble and industrious. You can find plenty of fault with USA middle class and rich that hire cheap undocumented labor to squeeze a penny, so they can drink margaritas in cabo at xmas.

Wow, this is rare. The Goat and I are mostly in agreement on this one with slight alterations!!! But taxing "the rich" who employ illegals won't work as "the rich" (as he puts it) are already guilty of breaking existing law, and should be prosecuted fully.

KurtG - 9-2-2016 at 08:18 PM

Why is it necessary in your opinion to show tax returns? What difference would they make? Do you think anyone would throw incriminating evidence on the desk for the world to see?
Seems a ridiculous request. Most wouldn't understand them anyway
Hey....I'm just asking.

I like transparency and every candidate since Nixon has agreed. Actually I was going for a little satire but I am very serious about the character deficiency of anyone who eats pizza with a fork. Especially a New Yorker where everybody knows you fold the slice!

motoged - 9-2-2016 at 10:18 PM

INTERMISSION:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ObF0NhY5Q

:saint:

wessongroup - 9-2-2016 at 10:29 PM

Bajahowodd - 9-3-2016 at 05:10 PM

Hate to say it, but DK is a Baja Savant and otherwise a marooon. Ben freakin' Carson? Seriously? He lost his marbles somewhere along the way. He is a full time somnambulant.

tripledigitken - 9-3-2016 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Hate to say it, but DK is a Baja Savant and otherwise a marooon. Ben freakin' Carson? Seriously? He lost his marbles somewhere along the way. He is a full time somnambulant.

It really would be refreshing to read one post of yours that wasn't clouded with the liberal point of view. I've read your posts for 8 years with no deviation from the liberal point of view........

BornFisher - 9-3-2016 at 09:07 PM

Trump to Mexico is this thread. While Hillary is hanging with the ultra rich, Trump IS in Mexico and Detroit. One candidate is going to the people, the other going in hiding. One is connecting, one won`t even face the press. One talks about issues in plain language, the other lawyers up to talk to the FBI. One is for opportunity, the other for regulation. One has employed thousands, the other probably doesn`t know how jobs are created, with capital risks and vision. One has been bought off by Wall Street, bankers and international interests, the other is independent.
Just wondering--------- if Hillary doesn`t win, will she still get $250,000 for a speech? If not, what were those corporations really buying? And if those speechs were so valuable, we all want to be so inspired, so please Hillary, give us your advice and let us see those transcripts!!!!!

Barry A. - 9-3-2016 at 09:48 PM

BornFisher----------Beautifully said! Wish I had been so eloquent!!

Barry

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 06:46 AM

You just don't get it, do you? In Several months the three ring circus of campaigning will be over and one of these two fools will be the President. That is what we should all be worried about. Your last comment is equally as foolish...Urging the "liberals" to play nice...???What about everyone else?

rts551 - 9-4-2016 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thank you for 'coming out', the name calling and fear mongering by the Hillary media and her supporters is really getting tiresome. The same amount of hate and fear was spread about Ronald Reagan before his landslide win in 1980. We are even worse now than Carter had done to us at home and around the world. I look forward to a strong and respected America, once again. The bowing to foreign leaders, apologizing, and blaming Americans for everything must end! We are the most generous nation on earth, giving the world our lives to rid their countries of terrorists and dictators, and flooding of aid during disasters.

Just two more months and this way too long election process will be over.

To our liberal Nomads: can we discuss things without any more insulting name calling or profanity?

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by David K]

Name calling and fear mongering? Google "fear and Hate campaigning" and see what pops up. Here is just one example. http://www.diversityinc.com/news/trumps-record-of-hate-to-da...

When you make such grand statements I sure wish you would give examples. The sky is not falling.

mojo_norte - 9-4-2016 at 08:07 AM

Where's the dam Moderator ? or is there one ?!

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 08:24 AM

Good question...

DENNIS - 9-4-2016 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mojo_norte  
Where's the dam Moderator ? or is there one ?!

Doug, along with his decency robots, are the moderators. I also seem to remember a report button around here someplace, and Doug gets to it when he can. He's mooey busy.
In the past, DK bashing was rarely considered a reportable offense. He's a big boy and can handle himself.

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by DENNIS]

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Thank you for 'coming out', the name calling and fear mongering by the Hillary media and her supporters is really getting tiresome. The same amount of hate and fear was spread about Ronald Reagan before his landslide win in 1980. We are even worse now than Carter had done to us at home and around the world. I look forward to a strong and respected America, once again. The bowing to foreign leaders, apologizing, and blaming Americans for everything must end! We are the most generous nation on earth, giving the world our lives to rid their countries of terrorists and dictators, and flooding of aid during disasters.

Just two more months and this way too long election process will be over.

To our liberal Nomads: can we discuss things without any more insulting name calling or profanity?

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by David K]

Name calling and fear mongering? Google "fear and Hate campaigning" and see what pops up. Here is just one example. http://www.diversityinc.com/news/trumps-record-of-hate-to-da...

When you make such grand statements I sure wish you would give examples. The sky is not falling.

I just completely read the linked article given, and to me it is simply laughable, and so obviously out-there and typical of the left-wing rants that I must say I am still laughing. I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY is offended by the things quoted that Trump has said. Man, what a bunch of cup-cakes to be offended by THAT!!! LOL For the record, I have not been offended by Hillary, either--------but I do laugh a lot at her comments.

On the other hand, the relentless insults hurled at some on this Forum is kinda disgusting to me, and so unnecessary and counter-productive, and such a waste of time.

Lee - 9-4-2016 at 10:11 AM

Lies, lies and more lies. Blame everyone for your failures in life. Show some backbone and accept responsibility for once?

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Lies, lies and more lies. Blame everyone for your failures in life. Show some backbone and accept responsibility for once?

What "lies"? What "failures"? What are you talking about, Lee?

Lee - 9-4-2016 at 01:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

What "lies"? What "failures"? What are you talking about, Lee?

I'm for a strong and respected US. Unfortunately, NOBODY likes or respects Trump. He doesn't know how to treat or respect people. He just pi$$ed off Mexico. Not a good start.

If a wall is his answer to the immigration problem, I don't think it's the solution -- and I don't have a solution. Blame Dems and Repubs for where immigration is today.

Round them up, send them back is a sound bite. Trump talks the talk -- he has no real solutions. No wall will be built, it's not going to happen. And it's not going to solve anything. I could be wrong.

You believe Trump is real and truthful. I think he's a con-man and a shyster. Nothing will get done with either candidate in office. Dream on.

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 01:30 PM

SO? Using that flawed logic...The NEW government wont have to do anything about Obamacare..it will solve itself?

rts551 - 9-4-2016 at 01:33 PM

Problems are not solved by government... problems are created by government... often while claiming to be solving them!!

Just one new example:
Obama Care ("The Affordable Health Care Act") has done the opposite by forcing everyone into this mess instead of helping the few uninsured to get insured... all in the name of "fairness"! Those who had insurance are now forced to lose it as premiums skyrocketed to pay for the disaster.

For example? You have not lost your wife's insurance and if you had to get your own AHCA gives you a mechanism to get it. AHCA needs some work, granted... so where is the repub majority working on this? The do nothing congress is doing just that...nothing.

If government is not going to solve immigration policy, then who is David?

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 01:37 PM

Perhaps DK has vision problems..??? Trying to see out your belly button, with your head up your azz, CAN be difficult...

SFandH - 9-4-2016 at 01:52 PM

Obama Care ("The Affordable Health Care Act") has done the opposite by forcing everyone into this mess instead of helping the few uninsured to get insured... all in the name of "fairness"! Those who had insurance are now forced to lose it as premiums skyrocketed to pay for the disaster.

How about some facts:

"Under Bush, the average family premiums (including both what employers and employees pay) went up $4,677 in his last six years in office, from 2002 to 2008, an increase of 58 percent. That $4,154 growth under Obama is a 33 percent increase. If we look at Bush’s first six years, the discrepancy gets even bigger: From 2000, the year before Bush was first inaugurated, to 2006, the average family premium went up $5,042, or an increase of 78 percent."

Obamacare has slowed the increase of medical insurance premiums.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/slower-premium-growth-under...

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by SFandH]

bajabuddha - 9-4-2016 at 01:52 PM

rts; your forehead sore yet? You could end up with 'football-brain' if you're not careful...;)

Bajahowodd - 9-4-2016 at 03:13 PM

DK just needs to install a new sprinkler system at the home of a cartel guy. Again.

rts551 - 9-4-2016 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
rts; your forehead sore yet? You could end up with 'football-brain' if you're not careful...;)

[img][/img]

SFandH - 9-4-2016 at 03:33 PM

:lol:

That's true, but the arguments often cause the facts to be stated (with references) and that may inform others who are listening.

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by SFandH]

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 03:49 PM

:lol:

That's true, but the arguments often cause the facts to be stated and that may inform others who are listening.

If the facts are truly facts, then why are some very reputable Climate scientists saying "not necessarily so" and backing it up with their own "facts"? We all know that computer models are often more wrong than right depending on what is fed into them, as the Meteorology projections show daily? I am not a "denier", but I am a conservative, and I am not willing to commit billions or trillions to something that is still unproven and that very well may (will) disrupt the economies of the world in a negative fashion. I understand that you and many others are willing, but I am not. Much of the "inaction" of Congress is because it is working like it was intended---checks and balances---- when one side pushes things to far, the other side will resist, and say "no".

Ocean Currents and Climate

wessongroup - 9-4-2016 at 05:58 PM

Was taking a upper division class in Marine Biology in 1970 .... And can attest to knowledge which existed at that time

A very good read and/or recap summary of the development of knowledge based on scientific investigation on the relationship between currents in ocean's and climate

On our watery planet the climate is governed largely by the oceans. But for a long time, discussions of climate change did not take the oceans fully into account, simply because very little was known about them. It seemed that the tremendous masses of water could vary only over a geological timescale. Ideas began to change at the start of the 1960s. Studies of clay extracted from the seabed, supported by new theoretical ideas, suggested that ocean current patterns might shift within mere thousands of years. Other studies began to build a picture of the complex and surprisingly fragile circulation of the world-ocean. In the 1980s, evidence from Greenland ice cores, supported by crude computer models, showed that the North Atlantic circulation could switch radically within a century or two. Fears arose that global warming might trigger such a switch, which could wreak serious harm. Improved models, however, calculated that this was unlikely to happen in the 21st century. What was much more certain was that the oceans were rapidly warming and growing more acidic, exactly as predicted by the greenhouse gas theory. (Note that there are separate essays for the topics ice sheets and rising sea level and rapid climate change.)"

https://www.aip.org/history/climate/oceans.htm

The American Institute of Physics advances, promotes and serves the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity.

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by wessongroup]

Bajahowodd - 9-5-2016 at 03:20 PM

So, when this year is the hottest on record since records were kept, no one thinks there is anything going on?:?:

chuckie - 9-5-2016 at 03:32 PM

Its summer, wadya expect....

bajabuddha - 9-5-2016 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
So, when this year is the hottest on record since records were kept, no one thinks there is anything going on?:?:

Completely natural with no external influences.

Move along, now.

:saint:

It's a conspiracy, just like the "u2u" thread........ :no:

Barry A. - 9-5-2016 at 03:40 PM

You are darn right there is something going on! It's really HOT!! I just am not sure we entirely know or understand what caused it yet, or the scope of it. What do you propose we do about it? Throw billions/trillions at it-----do something-anything?? Yeah, that will work (maybe yes, probably no).

SFandH - 9-5-2016 at 04:04 PM

Not until FOX news says so.

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by SFandH]

Barry A. - 9-5-2016 at 04:11 PM

I don't care who "says so"---------unless and until there can be a convincing case made for action that will help change things, I am not buying into it, nor am I advocating it. Just my opinion, of course.

Floatflyer - 9-5-2016 at 04:15 PM

And the dramatic increase in earthquakes in Oklahoma in recent years are not caused by fracking but by hot air being released in Congress!!:light:

willardguy - 9-5-2016 at 04:16 PM

it appears the bulk of this hot air is wafting down from Redding!;)

Barry A. - 9-5-2016 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
it appears the bulk of this hot air is wafting down from Redding!;)

LOL--------well, you have a point there.

By the way, as a Geographer I don't doubt for a second that the earthquakes in Oklahoma "could" be caused by fracking------taking stuff out, and putting other stuff back in, could effect the substrata and the stability of the sediments causing settlement. So, which is more important, a little shaking or the oil and gas? You decide (easy for me to say since I don't live there.)

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by Barry A.]

A Whole Lotta Gassin Goin On

MrBillM - 9-5-2016 at 08:59 PM

I came down from Poppet Flats this afternoon and hit Interstate 10 Eastbound at 3 p.m.

WESTBOUND was at (almost) a DEAD STOP in Banning and that backup was uninterrupted for as far as the eye could see at the S.H. 62 junction.

I'd bet that a vote taken of those returning from the holiday would be in favor of pumping and "F" the shaking.

TMW - 9-6-2016 at 08:30 AM

I think it was from USA Today that had an article on who won the presidential race based on the poll following Labor Day. All but one since polling began won when the polls had them ahead the day after Labor Day. I believe the one was Truman in 1948. This morning I was listening to ABC news on radio and they said an ABC poll now had Trump ahead 46% to 44% of likely voters.

Bajahowodd - 9-6-2016 at 05:13 PM

There are folks who think that Trump is going to take over Fox News and make it Trump news.

Barry A. - 9-6-2016 at 05:16 PM

There are folks who think that Trump is going to take over Fox News and make it Trump news.

Maybe?!?!?!!? Now THAT is really funny (in a good way) LOL

(edited for spelling mistakes)

[Edited on 9-7-2016 by Barry A.]

David K - 9-6-2016 at 07:09 PM

You mean like how the Clintons (and Democrats) took over CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS... LOL!!

Bajahowodd - 9-7-2016 at 04:27 PM

You mean like how the Clintons (and Democrats) took over CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS... LOL!!

Except for the fact that you have been brainwashed by Fox and right wing radio, do you understand that the Clintons have been under constant attack for decades? I knew Bill Clinton back in the 60s at Georgetown. Seemed like a fairly decent, well grounded guy. They are not bad people. Do you really want put the serial lying psychopath that has no understanding of international affairs into the presidency?

Bajahowodd - 9-7-2016 at 04:31 PM

And, I continue to espouse the position that since Trump was never a Republican, that he is a true Manchurian Candidate that is in this race to get his friend, Hillary Clinton elected.

David K - 9-7-2016 at 04:38 PM

Except for the fact that you have been brainwashed by Fox and right wing radio, do you understand that the Clintons have been under constant attack for decades? I knew Bill Clinton back in the 60s at Georgetown. Seemed like a fairly decent, well grounded guy. They are not bad people. Do you really want put the serial lying psychopath that has no understanding of international affairs into the presidency?

No, I don't want her anywhere near the White House, ever! She doesn't even lie well, using [c] in her own emails before getting them herself, and said she thought that was just alphabetizing. Incredible! How does she get any votes at all is amazing (and sad there are so many sheep in America today).

motoged - 9-7-2016 at 04:58 PM

.... sad there are so many sheep in America today).

Interesting that you trust Trump more than you trust 1/2 (or more) of your fellow countrymen/women....and disrespect them in that way. :no: :?:

SFandH - 9-7-2016 at 05:10 PM

How does she get any votes at all is amazing (and sad there are so many sheep in America today).

There you go insulting around 1/2 of the American voters again. Who the heck do you think you are?

If you used some facts to make your point without insulting those that disagree you would be a lot better off.

duh!

P.S. I see my thoughts duplicate motoged's. I'll leave the post up anyway.

[Edited on 9-8-2016 by SFandH]

motoged - 9-7-2016 at 05:32 PM

SF,
Great minds think alike.....and fools seldom differ.... :light: :saint:

Barry A. - 9-7-2016 at 06:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

SF,
Great minds think alike.....and fools seldom differ.... :light: :saint:

Hmmmmmm-----does that mean that 'great minds' and 'fools' think the same way??? I'm confused here. Straighten me out, please.

motoged - 9-7-2016 at 07:13 PM

Hmmmmmm-----does that mean that 'great minds' and 'fools' think the same way??? I'm confused here. Straighten me out, please.

You were ambivalent a day ago....so, no rush to "straighten you out":

"You are darn right there is something going on! It's really HOT!! I just am not sure we entirely know or understand what caused it yet, or the scope of it. What do you propose we do about it? Throw billions/trillions at it-----do something-anything?? Yeah, that will work (maybe yes, probably no). "

It's enough work figuring myself out....:biggrin:

Lee - 9-7-2016 at 09:45 PM

The only real Republican in the bunch is Kasich and I would have voted for him. How is it Trump never served, says he knows more than the Generals in the military, and his kids never served either?

Everyone in it for themselves: white, privileged, with a sense of entitlement.

Sure sounds like some of the nomads here claiming to be conservative. These louts give conservatives a bad rep.

Anyone see the commander-in-chief forum? Trump looked like a fool compared to Clinton. It's increasing difficult to believe there are so many ignorant people in the US believing his BS.

Sent Clinton $1,000.00 today. Anything to help her win.

What's next? David Duke as Ambassador?

I'll quote Bill here: A-M-F!

mtgoat666 - 9-7-2016 at 10:53 PM

I am expressing MY thoughts, that was what a discussion forum includes... It is not some PC or neutral thinking forum.

How is it when Mt. Goat or others insult "1/2 of the voters" they get a pass??? Only conservative (or anti-socialist) must bite their lips???

Nobody ever gave me a pass.

BTW, anyone that votes for trump is a bigot. His entire platform is based on bigotry and hate. Shame on anyone that votes for him.

Now, who's gonna give me a pass?

wessongroup - 9-8-2016 at 05:52 AM

Just stopping by .... :biggrin::biggrin:

What's the latest on his travel's ... Russia, China ... or how about the PI ... :lol::lol:

He's got a big following over there ...

“As a persona non grata, Trump should be barred from entering the Philippines or accessing his property in the country,” Pacquiao said."

https://adobochronicles.com/2016/08/08/philippines-to-build-...

Say did Manny ever fight in Atlantic City :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 9-8-2016 by wessongroup]

Barry A. - 9-8-2016 at 09:37 AM

I am expressing MY thoughts, that was what a discussion forum includes... It is not some PC or neutral thinking forum.

How is it when Mt. Goat or others insult "1/2 of the voters" they get a pass??? Only conservative (or anti-socialist) must bite their lips???

Nobody ever gave me a pass.

BTW, anyone that votes for trump is a bigot. His entire platform is based on bigotry and hate. Shame on anyone that votes for him.

Now, who's gonna give me a pass?

Not me!! "Bigotry" yes, "hate" no. We are all bigots unless we are fools or enablers. (bigotry-----look it up)

Pages:  1  2