BajaNomad

New Tesla Pickup Truck

Pages:  1  2

caj13 - 12-1-2019 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
LUNACY! Buy an EV and then drive it with a fossil fueled generator running to charge the batteries?

GeezChuckie, maybe slow down a bit! No body says you have to drive an EV in Baja, and turn in your mancard!

You are so determined to try and belittle others, that you forgot to read and understand.

first of all you can't drive and charge at the same time.

I was pointing out for the benefit of those who think an EV is not fit for baja, 2 things
Range: range is now 500 miles per charge, thats a full days drive for most in Baja.

lack of charging stations: That is a legitimate point, (for now) I was merely pointing out that a workaround for that problem is pretty simple!

and you seemed to miss the point of that as well - being that even if I had to run the generator to charge the vehicle, the math works out to 100 miles per gallon. How does that compare your baja rig?

[Edited on 12-1-2019 by caj13]

DavidT - 12-1-2019 at 09:18 AM

You could always build a steam engine to run a generator to recharge your Tesla truck.
Then chop down that damn palm tree to fuel your steam engine.
The added advantage is with that damn palm tree gone you’ve solved man made climate change.

David K - 12-1-2019 at 10:03 AM

Yes, cut it down because the sea will never rise high enough to kill it (for at least a thousand years, lol)!

chuckie - 12-1-2019 at 10:15 AM

Better yet! Tow a wind machine on a trailer....It could be over engineered with obstacle avoidance and bird baffle technologies...As long as Mrs Tesla was moving the blades would spin,eh? Creating a perpetual motion machine....Eureka! We have done it Lloyd! The cost will have been driven into the Ionisphere, satisfying all the snobs...DANG I'm a fooking genius....

John Harper - 12-1-2019 at 10:37 AM

Better yet! Tow a wind machine on a trailer....It could be over engineered with obstacle avoidance and bird baffle technologies...As long as Mrs Tesla was moving the blades would spin,eh? Creating a perpetual motion machine....Eureka! We have done it Lloyd!

They've had those machines for thousands of years. They're called "sailboats."

John

chuckie - 12-1-2019 at 10:51 AM

GOOD ONE John!...Cajipoo asked about MY Baja Rig? Don't have one....I have always subscribed to the "Run what ya Brung" theory...Ol Smoky, famed in song and story, expired at about 430,000 miles....No major mods, lived a good portion of his life in Baja...at one stretch 8+ years without crossing the US border back..Died as a working farm truck...:(

caj13 - 12-1-2019 at 10:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Yes, cut it down because the sea will never rise high enough to kill it (for at least a thousand years, lol)!

Ignorance is bliss - and apparently eternal!

there is a solution, but you have to want to be cured!

mtgoat666 - 12-1-2019 at 11:17 AM

Within the next 5 years there will be superchargers in baja, electric vehicles will be more common

15 years ago the elderly were on flip phones and grumbling about smart phones. Now I see the elderly have adopted smart phones.
Soon, Even dinosaur motor heads (today driving noisy, smelly diesels) will be singing praise of e-vehicles.
Who wants a noisy/pollution engine when silent/clean ones are possible?

caj13 - 12-1-2019 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Within the next 5 years there will be superchargers in baja, electric vehicles will be more common

15 years ago the elderly were on flip phones and grumbling about smart phones. Now I see the elderly have adopted smart phones.
Soon, Even dinosaur motor heads (today driving noisy, smelly diesels) will be singing praise of e-vehicles.

Goat, you forget that many here do not see a truck - they see their vehicle - big loud noisy - as an extension of their Micro-p#n*s.

No way they give that up!

LancairDriver - 12-1-2019 at 01:39 PM

LUNACY! Buy an EV and then drive it with a fossil fueled generator running to charge the batteries?

Actually not a new idea. The railroads have been driving around their electric powered vehicles pulling their fossil powered electric generators along for the ride for many decades now.

mtgoat666 - 12-1-2019 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Goat, you forget that many here do not see a truck - they see their vehicle - big loud noisy - as an extension of their Micro-p#n*s.

No way they give that up!

Have you noticed that all the micro-p3nis diesel PU drivers all are in love with their smart phones/selfie/instagram/Facebook machines? As soon as they see all the cool people in their cliques in FB/Instagram/Twitter are driving e-pickups that go 0 to 60 is under 3 seconds, their new p3nile enhancer will be their 3-motor cybertruck!
How they gonna resist the p3nile enhancement of e-motor acceleration?

caj13 - 12-1-2019 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Actually not a new idea. The railroads have been driving around their electric powered vehicles pulling their fossil powered electric generators along for the ride for many decades now.

we were going to build a turbine-powered land speed vehicle - with the turbine making electrical power, and driving electric motors on each wheel. we had access to those huge ground cart EPus , but the stogy old Bonneville guys said it wasnt an electric powered vehicle, so that was the ewnd of that idea!

bajatrailrider - 12-1-2019 at 02:49 PM

. Blow hards at there best:bounce::biggrin::biggrin::bounce:

LancairDriver - 12-1-2019 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

. Blow hards at there best:bounce::biggrin::biggrin::bounce:

And fifty years ago they were going to the moon guided by computers that didn’t have the computing power of present day cell phones. These are the same people who did the groundwork for the technology we enjoy today. No one has been back since then. And that was after they had won WW2, the last war worth fighting.

chuckie - 12-1-2019 at 05:28 PM

AMEN Brother...

chuckie - 12-2-2019 at 04:40 AM

Caj was going to build this????( Bobs ur Uncle) LOL...

John Harper - 12-2-2019 at 06:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
but the stogy old Bonneville guys said it wasnt an electric powered vehicle, so that was the end of that idea!

Walllll ya shoulda just powered the turbine electrically!

No, wait.... :smug::biggrin:

Maybe use molten Bonneville salt to power a steam turbine ? That might get them interested. Just pour it in and go!

John

DanO - 12-3-2019 at 03:36 PM

Looks like at least one Mexican city has an interest. Better make sure those windows really are bulletproof.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-cybertruck-police-c...

Pages:  1  2