BajaNomad

Road Block Bandits

Pages:  1    3

grmpb - 3-16-2010 at 03:45 PM

time for dr. kevorkian to visit this thread:spingrin:

bajabass - 3-16-2010 at 03:47 PM

I am looking for a subliminal, back handed racist slant, and missed it:?: Maybe they are a little more obvious over in Off-Topic. Could someone point it out please. Love the "baca banditos" Shari!

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 03:48 PM

well thanks rts551........now I'm a "clucking hen" (I do assume you were refering to me?) Do I know you? Do you know me? Sheesh! talk about rude :rolleyes:

And Shari....my dear, It's Debra, not Brenda :lol:

Or "Missy" :lol:

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by Debra]

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
"Politicks is the science of good sense, applied to public affairs, and, as those are forever changing, what is wisdom to-day would be folly and perhaps, ruin to-morrow. Politicks is not a science so properly as a business. It cannot have fixed principles, from which a wise man would never swerve, unless the inconstancy of men's view of interest and the capriciousness of the tempers could be fixed." [Fisher Ames (17581808)]

Hmm that "good sense" idea I wonder where we find that?? I apologize for the lack of gender neutral statements in this quote. Just goes to show how gender politics have changed.

Interesting quote and I do believe it applied at the time it was written, well at least somewhat.

I also believe that often people are quite defined by their politics---it says a lot about who they are as a person at their core; or maybe it is their core values that define their politics.

My 2 cents

smlslikfish - 3-16-2010 at 04:01 PM

My feeling is that most of this bru ha can be attributed to the fact that MOST people don't like a know it all. (who will remain unnamed by me) :saint:

And the whole Bandit thing.......... I've been hearing the " Aren't you afraid of bandits down there" Since I was a little kid back in the 60's. I've always figured it kept the place a little more private for those with just a touch of an adventurous spirit. As others have said, "Peace out, Dudes" :biggrin:

Martyman - 3-16-2010 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Just kidding Shari, the monitor there seems a little more mature than some of my fellow Nimrods, er, I mean Nomads! I say take this little scuffle to Off-Topic, and take the kid gloves off, or get over it!

When did mature become a good thing? Mature=boring and tired.

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra

She knows that. :)

grmpb - 3-16-2010 at 04:05 PM

geez you guys started c-cktail hour without me! poor me a double!:bounce:

shari - 3-16-2010 at 04:11 PM

you got it Boris...come on down...hope ya dont encounter any roadblocks or banditos on the way.

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 04:11 PM

Me too grmpb........

Dave - 3-16-2010 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Fall down funny! :lol: :lol:

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Quote:

Fall down funny! :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to be civil. It ain't easy.

k-rico - 3-16-2010 at 04:18 PM

New run away out of control Toyota brake system. It mounts neatly on the top of the car, and is chained to the rear axel, and is spring loaded - no microelectronics, just pull the release cord.

This is the Toyota thread, right?

anchor.jpg - 10kB

David K - 3-16-2010 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
post count is not important to me (me being far from the high posters). Nothing Personal DK I just find some of your postings to be self-righteous and others unnecessarily infringing on the threads of others.

Oh darn 1160.

Okay Ralph, that is fair... I am sorry for bugging you... I am not trying to be either of those,. but yes, I do bounce into other's posts (as do you)... but usually just to add something positive or chit chat with others.

Just remember that I have Baja Fever, and I can't help myself sometimes, from sharing some of my collection of personal experiences or perhaps something from my extensive Baja book or map collection... I do like to give more than I take!

Cheers!

You have just lost...

Dave - 3-16-2010 at 04:18 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to be civil. It ain't easy.

all my respect. ;D

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 04:26 PM

Dennis & Dave, just in case you are trying to infer something negative, Shari U2ed me about her brain freeze.......we are friends, so lets not try to stir anything up Okay?

redmesa - 3-16-2010 at 04:30 PM

I am so feeling a group hug coming on!

gnukid - 3-16-2010 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
I am looking for a subliminal, back handed racist slant, and missed it:?: Maybe they are a little more obvious over in Off-Topic. Could someone point it out please. Love the "baca banditos" Shari!

Call a spade a spade, Shari's post referred to perceived prejudices toward countries' citizens, which is a false notion and certainly prejudiced. Furthermore she couched it in denial of politicism which is certainly back-handed politics.

Well done but certainly as reprehensible as any others. Back to the point, DK's tire pressure is all wrong!

grmpb - 3-16-2010 at 04:45 PM

i thought this was the toyota thread!:?:

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Dennis & Dave, just in case you are trying to infer something negative,

You know better than that. Quit being so gawwwdammm sensitive to things that arn't there. We're your buds.

Timo1 - 3-16-2010 at 05:34 PM

So......What did I miss while I was out ????

grmpb - 3-16-2010 at 05:35 PM

nuttin

SDRonni - 3-16-2010 at 05:38 PM

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn........................:yawn:

DianaT - 3-16-2010 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
So......What did I miss while I was out ????

Nothing important, except we have heard that the mean dog near your property is going to be put down---has attacked too many other dogs. Love most dogs, but not that one.

So good news for you!

k-rico - 3-16-2010 at 05:50 PM

Back-up Toyota braking system, just in case the red (no political connotation) anchor system fails.

This system is also less frightening to the traffic behind your Christine model Toyota

This is the Toyota thread, right?

[Edited on 3-17-2010 by k-rico]

dragchute.jpg - 22kB

Timo1 - 3-16-2010 at 06:00 PM

Great to hear D
maybe I won't need a 10 foot wall around the property now
Thanks for that

[Edited on 3-17-2010 by Timo1]

Nan&D - 3-16-2010 at 06:13 PM

Theft at Pig Beach!

News flash from Asuncion....we were enjoying a nice walk on Pig Beach yesterday until, arriving back at our bicycles parked up on the bank we were astonished to find the water bottle and 2 oranges gone!
Apparently the banditos were thirsty and looking for a healthy snack.
They didn't take the beach blanket or the 2 novels. Maybe because they were by Canadian authors?
A Crime of nutrition??

Debra - 3-16-2010 at 06:26 PM

Nan & D...........Hunt them down an flog them! Bring in the SWAT team, you have a dang crime wave going on there! Really? Stealing citus?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? LOL!!!!!!!

Good for you ,next time bring a whole bag of oranges and a case of water for those bandits.......and maybe a good 'ol American author say...........UM? Tim Dorsey.............LOL!!!! Good on ya!

bajabass - 3-16-2010 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Great to hear D
maybe I won't need a 10 foot wall around the property now
Thanks for that

[Edited on 3-17-2010 by Timo1]
For the mean dog, or out of control Toyotas? Road block banditos? I am so confused, I am going to have another Bacardi & Coke while I order a pizza. Oh, Mrs. Dra. Bajabass found a couple job opportunities in La Paz today! Oh yeah, there are no bandits in Baja, except the ones posing as tour operators or time share salespeople! I know for sure because someone I know told me they knew "for sure". :lol::yes::?: I truly love Baja, but who let all the Mexicans in? That could not have happened, because it never happened to me. I do know best, just ask me, I'll tell you so. Sorry, got a little sidetracked there, where were we?:?: Bandits, my wife just drove a brand new car to La Paz, she still has it.:bounce: Have I made anyone angry yet, oh, OK, I'll try later:no:

[Edited on 3-17-2010 by bajabass]

shari - 3-16-2010 at 08:53 PM

hi ya'llll...back from a walk throught the wildflowers....oh the aroma.
I'd like to apologize for my canadian bias or biaz...she sure can sing...can I come out of the corner now dennis?
PS: you passed the "paying attention" test with the Brenda-Debra slipup...it was just one of those anagrams gone wrong....cover up the N and mix up the letters and "voila"...oh sorry...thats french....ahem...back to the banditos.

DENNIS - 3-16-2010 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
can I come out of the corner now dennis?

Sho thing, mi amor.

re: road block bandits

pappy - 3-18-2010 at 01:11 PM

Dk - ihave been exploring baja as long as you have and have had a few bandito incedences. the last was being chased into the central coast region in early 2000's by a chevy s-10 truck with flashing lights and two dudes in back, one waving a bottle of something, the other a gun. we powered thru a major mud section, which is where i presume they got stuck as we never saw them again. you have been lucky, and hope that continues for you. as for me, i have had things stolen from camp at night, a guy enter my friend's tent grabbing whatever he could, etc. chit happens sooner or later....

Ditto

Skipjack Joe - 3-18-2010 at 02:02 PM

Alex and I were coming back from L Manuela to Jesus Maria one dark evening when a vehicle blocked our way and motioned us to to stop. They had been sitting in the dark until we got close and then turned on their headlights and moved vehicle to block the dirt road. I powered my way and kept it floored to the lights of the town where I decided there were enough people to feel safe. I've helped stranded Mexicans in the past but these were not like that.

Debra - 3-18-2010 at 02:58 PM

wow, I'm glad I'm a woman.......perhaps they have respect for their own mothers? I have never been bothered, not by check points and not by bandits (which I know there are) but, I have know 2 that have, Racheal that was murdered, and a fellow Gecdkoite that was shot
 Pages:  1    3