BajaNomad

ITZEL'S HEART OPERATION... WE DID IT... SUCCESS!!! *** UPDATE & PHOTO ***

Pages:  1    3

a-commit - 11-29-2010 at 08:36 PM

Dear Nomads:
The Thank You party for Itzel will be held on December 11, 2010 from 5:00PM to 8:00PM at Pat & Oscar's Restaurant located at 3881 Valley Centre Drive, San Diego, CA 92130. Ph: 858-720-3525. Directions:

Go North on Interstate 5
Take local bypass as Interstate 5 joins up with 805
Take Highway 56 East to Carmel Creek (about .4 Mi)
Take a left and cross over the freeway going north
Take a left at Valley Centre Dr. (The restaurant is at the corner of
Carmel Creek and Valley Centre Dr, right next to the highway)
Go a few hundred yards and make a U-turn on Kilroy and pull into
Pat & Oscars.

If you can let us know if you plan to come that would be helpful to plan
the food. We will eat from the Pat & Oscar's menu as well as bringing in some Mexican food. More news later.
Commitment

a-commit - 11-29-2010 at 09:11 PM

Dear Nomads:
With regard to fund raising for Itzel's operation, we have now raised $ 7,400 to cover the cost of the operation and the associated expenses for Itzel. We still expect to spend very close to $ 10,000 for the entire project. Commitment has received pledges of close to $ 1,000 which would put us close to the goal. We will have a dinner in a couple of weeks. Anyone that can or wishes to donate could add a little then. We hope to have a few silent auction items to add to the raffle. I will be sending out raffle tickets in a day or two. They may not all arrive in time. I will keep a record of the tickets sent out. Itzel will draw all the winners. Winner will not need to be present.
Commitment, Inc.

woody with a view - 11-29-2010 at 09:14 PM

give the little sweetheart a hug for us!

shari - 11-30-2010 at 08:22 AM

great idea to offer raffle tickets...can you somehow sell the tickets here on this thread too...maybe via your paypal? I bet lots of nomads would buy tickets.

BajaBlanca - 12-1-2010 at 09:03 AM

that is a great idea - please offer the raffles here so we can all buy some ...

tripledigitken - 12-1-2010 at 09:05 AM

Raffle tickets via pay pal is a great idea!

Neal Johns - 12-1-2010 at 09:53 PM

Darn! I can not make the party on that date. :no::no:

Itzel's operation

Baja Bernie - 12-2-2010 at 07:32 PM

Baja Bernie here...thanks to so many of you who have kept this post in the forefront...As most of you know I have not been posting here for quite a while and I totally missed it until this evening.

"Baja is about People Helping People" has been a byline of mine for some time and you guys and gals ARE proving that I was not wrong.

Antonio my friend...this just shows everyone that I was so correct when I told every one I met that you were/are a man to be honored and trusted.

I'm wondering if I can just hand over a check at the dinner party scheduled for San Diego in December...Jaime are I have discussed this and we so happy to contribute toward a long life for this lovely young lady.

Please let me know! Antonio please see your U-2-U box.

DENNIS - 12-2-2010 at 08:16 PM

Drop in more often, Bernie. As always, it's a pleasure to see you.

woody with a view - 12-2-2010 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
great idea to offer raffle tickets...can you somehow sell the tickets here on this thread too...maybe via your paypal? I bet lots of nomads would buy tickets.

i'm sorta slow, mostly. but don't you need to donate $25 for a raffle ticket? it's such a long thread that i figger i can stand the flame throwers to get the info faster this way.

is there a "new" raffle?

Raflle...

BajaCactus - 12-3-2010 at 01:43 PM

The raffle is the same one we talked about on this thread: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=48946

There is no new one... everyone who has donated so far will get as many tickets as the amount of the donation given.

Bernie... thank you for your nice and warm words... a check at the dinner would be great... and it would be even better to see you again my friend.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

Thanks Dennis!

Baja Bernie - 12-3-2010 at 08:12 PM

BajaNomad - 12-12-2010 at 06:17 AM

Photos from the event to meet Itzel in San Diego are now posted in the event thread:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=48946

Pages:  1    3