BajaNomad

SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer

Pages:  1    3

mcfez - 5-2-2011 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
McFez- I would agree that "consideration of the other party" isn't seen a lot these days but it still happens (probably more than we realize.) In 2001 I was a realtor and represented a young couple in their first home purchase. About 3 years later the couple called me and said they were going thru a divorce and needed to sell the property. Unfortunately, they had taken out a line of credit (2nd mortgage) on the home to go on vacation etc. The combined loan balances were about equal to the value of the home. I told them that I would sell the home for free. (They had stopped making payments on both mortgages.) We got lucky and found a cash buyer. The buyer would do a quick closing but wouldn't pay full price. In order for the deal to work the sellers would have to bring about $2700 to closing. As a divorcing young couple they were living paycheck to paycheck and didn't have any savings. I didn't want to see this young couple further damage their credit and have the home go to foreclosure so I agreed to give them the $2700 that they needed to close. I made it clear that the money was not a loan. We successfully closed the sale and as we walked out of the closing room the sellers tearfully thanked me for the gift etc. About a week after closing I received a call from the groom's dad. He said his son had explained what I had done and the dad wanted to make it right. He said he didn't have the cash but could pay me $50 or $75 a month until the loan had been repaid. I thanked the dad for the call but explained the money I had paid at closing was a gift and not a loan. The father's voice cracked and he said "God bless you" and the phone went dead. Fast forward to June 2006 and a deposit of $15000 appeared in my business checking account. I called the bank to inquire about the error and was told the deposit was made with a generic deposit slip, in cash, with a handwritten note that said "Thank you, Ron." I believed that the money had been credited to my account in error and told the bank manager to call me when the rightful owner called about his missing deposit. 10 days after the deposit I received an envelope postmarked in Argentina. Inside was a letter from the father. He said he had deposited $15000 into my account. He said the deposit was to cover a waived commission on the sale of a house and a favor I had done for his son. He underllined the sentence that said the $15000 was a gift and could not be repaid!! Other than the postmark, there was no return address or any other information. If the father is a member of BajaNomad let me say thanks!!

This is the stuff I love to read.
absinvestor...I wouldnt mind meeting you someday.

DENNIS - 5-2-2011 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Use the court system in Mexico? The boat will be an antique before you get any satisfaction from the Mexican legal system.

For sure. It'll take longer than forever to go through the Mex system. Expensive as well. You'd be better off hiring a street judge.

jureal - 5-2-2011 at 09:39 AM

Goat!
What an appropriate name!
Now don't you let him get your Goat!

He is on this website.... only for one purpose.

To get your Goat!

Ignore him by simply not responding to his nonsense.

durrelllrobert - 5-2-2011 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
goat is gone loco, theres just no other way to put it, or hes jim connellys lover or something.

Hey Jessie, I like your new avatar more than I did your old one.:coolup:

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2011 at 10:31 AM

absinvestor - what a great story !!!!! you gotta be kidding me !!! you are the BEST, amazing and wonderful read.

latina - maybe you could contact the new mayor of la paz and ask for help !

MitchMan - 5-2-2011 at 11:03 AM

Latina, you have to pursue getting your boat back in spite of the detriment to the unfortuanate defrauded buyer. Your getting your boat back is not the cause of the damage to the buyer. The damage to the buyer is directly and only due to the fraudulent sale to the buyer, not your eventual rightful retrieval of your boat from the unfortunate buyer. That boat is legally your property, morally your property, and over 1000,s of years of Judeo-Christian evolution of law , logically your property.

If, however, you want to make a gift to the buyer because of your concern for the plight of the unfortunate buyer, especially since the detriment to the buyer is so much monetarily larger than the monetary depreciated value of your investment in the boat at the time of the theft, that is another matter. A gift and your moral, logical, legal right to the property are two separable and very distinct considerations. Making a gift is virtuous, for sure.

I am not being a nay sayer here. If the buyer has to be called on to attest in writing and in court appearances to the facts as he knows them, be advised that every effort he puts out is bringing him closer to his having to release possession of the boat forever. The buyer will know that. Be mindful of that as you observe the level of willingness and reliability and timeliness of the buyers efforts and actions when he is called upon by you and the courts to come forth.

surfdoc - 5-19-2011 at 10:50 AM

Saw this today on BD...........any chance your guy is still trying to sucker folks ???

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2370052206.html

VESSEL TRANSPORT (SO CAL/BAJA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-05-08, 7:39PM PDT
Reply to: sale-3bfqb-2370052206@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAULING/TRANSPORT SEVICE AVAILABLE W/MY F350 LIC,INSURED,SAFE AND PROFESSIONAL.OVER 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE. CALL 760 670 ####

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2370052206

[Edited on 5-19-2011 by surfdoc]

Busy person

bajaguy - 5-19-2011 at 11:08 AM

http://www.allboats.com/en/9376874/boattransport-cabaja.html

http://california.freeboatshopper.com/boats-parts/hauling-tr...

http://california.findanyboat.com/boats/boattransport-cabaja...

jenny.navarrette - 5-19-2011 at 11:29 AM

He's also selling an aluminum boat trailer. Didn't somebody around here hav one stolen recently?

http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/boa/2308512157.html

bajaguy - 5-19-2011 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
He's also selling an aluminum boat trailer. Didn't somebody around here hav one stolen recently?

Yup

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=51578

dtbushpilot - 5-19-2011 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

Maybe a local Nomad could call about it and go get some pictures?.....dt

BajaWarrior - 5-19-2011 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Saw this today on BD...........any chance your guy is still trying to sucker folks ???

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2370052206.html

VESSEL TRANSPORT (SO CAL/BAJA)

Date: 2011-05-08, 7:39PM PDT
Reply to: sale-3bfqb-2370052206@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

HAULING/TRANSPORT SEVICE AVAILABLE W/MY F350 LIC,INSURED,SAFE AND PROFESSIONAL.OVER 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE. CALL 760 670 ####

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2370052206

[Edited on 5-19-2011 by surfdoc]

Flag his posts as SPAM/OVERPOST when you see them. He'll get the message that we're onto him...

ncampion - 5-19-2011 at 05:43 PM

Don't be too fast to convict, the ad says 3 axel trailer, doesn't fit the one stolen.

outcome?

thefishkiller - 2-12-2012 at 01:17 AM

I have been following this thread and would love to know if there is any new information? This guy is still advertising boat transportation in Mexico. Two weeks ago a friend of mine recieved a quote from him to transport a boat from PV to the US. If you would like the contact information i could forward it.

latina - 7-17-2012 at 10:09 AM

Just was browsing the internet and thought I'd check up on James Connolly... definitely has no shame. I found postings on 3 different sites by another person who hired Jim Connolly on UShip in April to transport a motorcycle, which never made it to it's destination due to a string of familiar excuses... He was using a different company name "Amigo shipping" Yah, right.... :no: www.justanswer.com was one "Jim Connolly"

[Edited on 7-17-2012 by latina]

ummm!!

captkw - 7-17-2012 at 10:25 AM

SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT TIME FOR A "STING"!! HAS IT BEEN PROVED THIS GUY IS A THIEF ?????..IF -YES..THEN SET HIM UP!!!

BajaNomad - 7-17-2012 at 10:38 AM

http://tijuana.es.craigslist.com.mx/boa/3119640280.html

larryC - 7-17-2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT TIME FOR A "STING"!! HAS IT BEEN PROVED THIS GUY IS A THIEF ?????..IF -YES..THEN SET HIM UP!!!

I suggested that on page 2 but nothing ever happened. Too bad, he is just going to keep on screwing people.
Larry

latina - 7-17-2012 at 10:52 AM

He has no conscience... he needs to be caught in action by the police, Mexican or American, as he is travelling back and forth across the border...
It would be good if the U.S. citizens who were defrauded would report him to the San Diego police department and internet fraud dept...then maybe he could be caught in California...the wheels of justice for property crime move very slow in Mexico and he knows it...

BAD GUY

captkw - 7-17-2012 at 10:58 AM

i'LL BE BACK TO BAJA IN DEC. AND WILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE CARE OF THIS IF HE IS REALLY RIPPING FOLKS OFF!! LOTS OF FREE TIME AND MONEY COME WINTER!!! K & T:mad:

latina - 7-17-2012 at 11:10 AM

He reads the comments on this forum, but it doesn't slow him down. I don't know how he lives with himself, but obviously he feels a sense of entitlement, in order to continue stealing other people's hard-earned possessions... Some cargo he delivers and some he steals and resells...
The only way such a person will be stopped will be with a serious reality check, in the form of jail...He hasn't connected the dots with what he is doing and the shame he will fell when he get's caught and is exposed to his family and friends...Very sad.

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO/PICS/#'S

captkw - 7-17-2012 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Sorry to hear this happened to you :mad: Do you have any photo's of JIM CONNOLLY ? Maybe post his cell no. so we can all give him a call and let him know we will be looking out for him and not use his service .:mad:

Cypress - 7-17-2012 at 01:02 PM

This Connolly guy? Set him up and take him down. Easy as falling off a log.:biggrin:

DavidE - 7-17-2012 at 01:46 PM

There IS an aduanal 5km north of the border of Sonora and Sinaloa. You must drive through it. It has PFP cops there to make sure people don't try to bypass it.

Car permits ARE audited. No boat unless it's a topper gets through without documentation. Been this way since 1991. SSP and PFP checkpoints all the way from Nogales to Tepic on Mex 15, and then from Tepic to Puerto Vallarta on Mex 200 have retenes where they DO require vehicle paperwork.

It would be next to impossible to operate a business hauling trailer boats down the mainland without an SPF federal truck license. This includes license plate. Look for them.

If someone without the license says they can do it, then I would treat it exactly like I treated SOLUTIONS BARRA on another website when he said for $2,200 dollars a person he knows could nationalize my 17 year old car "But first you have to send me only one thousand pesos to get things started"

Jajajajajajajajajajaajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prorader - 7-17-2012 at 03:01 PM

Not to make light of the situation, this read would make one hell of a novel. If you have lived in Mexico a long time getting ripped off is a daily thing by both sides of the border. I am fighting my 3d law suit in Mexico now, well and about 10 lawyers. My last one last 7 lawyers and 5 years I WON to a loss of about $100,000.00 US. I am still seeing the lawyers are still screwing people. I think being a lawyer in Mexico is like a Mexican police officer only worth a lot more money. I am going to be a resident at the end of this month and am an x cop, I do have a friend in high places, need my help, ask I don't like this chit at all. My name is Tim and am moving to Punta Banda on the beach with my wonderful Mexican wife, in the area you are all welcome, the beer and steaks are on me, we even have a 1 bdrm casita, of course that will be for a small fee maybe $2,000.00 a night, sorry no charge. Hope this ends in a good way. I am guessing this BB is people a lot further south then me, but we are stuck for 1 year maybe to cold and will want to go south
 Pages:  1    3