BajaNomad

GRETCHEN SMITH...

Pages:  1    3

JoeJustJoe - 10-14-2013 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I don't entirely agree. I have found him to show a compassionate side to him (shown by erasing negative posts about someone he has previously written). I still would like to know who he is but I don't blame him for not revealing his true persona. The way people are viciously attacked and maligned on the internet is a very good reason not to say who you really are and he has young children.
Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
If you [JoeJustJoe] choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

BajaLuna, joe is inauthentic for the vast majority of things he posts. He is a bully and a troll. He posts solely to get a reaction, and most of it is made up out of whole cloth with tiny nuggets of truth. If you have a strong stomach, check out his rabid posts in the OT. Over 6,000 posts since he joined and of that, only a single digit percentage have been posted someplace on the main section of Baja Nomad, likely all in a controversial topic like this. No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks. The best thing to with joe is ignore him or call him out. However, when you call him on things you have to be prepared for him to turn the attack on you. It's what bullies do, just like the shooter.

Janene thanks for the kind words about my compassion, and thanks for the medical advice you have given me U2U on a minor medical problem I had. However, I must correct you before bad rumors get started. I do not have small children, I have three adult children, and I'm of pre-retirement age and I'm looking forward to grandchildren to spoil, but wouldn't want to start all over with my own children.

Regarding charges from Taco Bell. Lets just say I'm happier in controversial topics, and like the freedom of the OT, and because I'm liberal, Latino, and see things differently than the typical older white conservative member of "Baja Nomad." What seems to happen if sometimes these more conservative members don't like what I'm saying, and try to attack or troll me. I of course have a sharp tongue, and can give these trolls a dose of their own medicine back to them, and then they get mad.

I find what Taco Bell says about me funny, " No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks."

Like I said, I have wrote trip reports before on different forums, but I don't see much of the other things Taco Bell talks about happening either. I do recall another Nomad member making self serving posts about wanting to provide shoes for every homeless Mexican kid in Baja! It's sounds like a worthy goal, but at the end of the day it's just self serving talk that seems to given to illicit pats on the back, than actually giving Mexican shoeless kids shoes even one pair of shoes.

Oh the reason why I wanted to post in this thread since it's now dying out. I want to announce by the end of the week, we might actually get somebody to go into the Rosarito police station, and have them ask a few questions to Rosarito police personnel, and get the police's side of the story about the jailing of Gretchen, if it's possible, and they are willing to talk. I can't guarantee this will happen, but my track record is pretty good, and there is a very good chance, we will hear the other side of this story.

This is what JoeJustJoe often does, I bring you stories about a Baja event, disputes, or fights that others could only dream of getting.

EnsenadaDr - 10-14-2013 at 01:43 PM

Joe, I do remember you posting something about small children, in fact, I saw the post reposted on the other site, and this is where I got the idea. You know our friends over there think that we are personal friends and that I know your family, etc., but they are wrong. The other thing is the "Goody Two-shoes" connection which was never related to you in the first place, you just came up with the label.

greengoes - 10-14-2013 at 03:51 PM

Pesadilla recurrente.

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Oh wait a minute - no I changed my mind, I want to read what the Tijuana U.S. Consulate says about it.

Now....you know they don't discuss America or Americans with common American citizens. They figure it's none of our business.

EnsenadaDr - 10-18-2013 at 04:25 PM

Just came back from Playas de Tijuana and saw a man walk by me in a t-shirt that said Bombero Salvavida. Which means fireman and Lifeguard. I asked him if they are the same guys that are on patrol at the Rosarito Beach and he said they are the on same branch of public service. I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

[Edited on 10-18-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

motoged - 10-18-2013 at 04:44 PM

Rescue personnel and first responders have similar training and could sometimes work under the same administration.

In Canada (and likely other places), for instance, the fire departments have firefighting trucks and an emergency response/medical response vehicle that will both respond to a fire/vehicle accident/industrial accident, etc.

That way, medical attention can be given if they show up before an ambulance does....and they can provide a range of life-saving as well as firefighting services.

Combining inter-disciplinary services under one administration is cost effective, efficient, and over-lapping.

DENNIS - 10-18-2013 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

in the states, paramedics are firemen.

EnsenadaDr - 10-18-2013 at 06:55 PM

Yes but the likelihood of a fire occurring at the beach or a drowning during a fire is slim to none. But I understand that the response that emergency training, in whatever area is similar and cost effective.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

[Edited on 10-19-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

durrelllrobert - 10-19-2013 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:

EMTs are usually the ones showing up on fire trucks.

EMTs usually complete a course that is about 120-150 hours in length. Paramedic courses can be between 1,200 to 1,800 hours. EMT and paramedic courses consist of lectures, hands-on skills training, and clinical and/or field internships. EMTs are educated in many skills including CPR, giving patients oxygen, administering glucose for diabetics, and helping others with treatments for asthma attacks or allergic reactions. With very few exceptions, such as in the case of auto-injectors for allergic reactions, EMTs are not allowed to provide treatments that requiring breaking the skin: that means no needles. Paramedics are advanced providers of emergency medical care and are highly educated in topics such as anatomy and physiology, cardiology, medications, and medical procedures. They build on their EMT education and learn more skills such as administering medications, starting intravenous lines, providing advanced airway management for patients, and learning to resuscitate and support patients with significant problems such as heart attacks and traumas.

https://www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/node/27‎

JoeJustJoe - 10-20-2013 at 03:26 PM

JoeJustJoe wrote: Oh the reason why I wanted to post in this thread since it's now dying out. I want to announce by the end of the week, we might actually get somebody to go into the Rosarito police station, and have them ask a few questions to Rosarito police personnel, and get the police's side of the story about the jailing of Gretchen, if it's possible, and they are willing to talk. I can't guarantee this will happen, but my track record is pretty good, and there is a very good chance, we will hear the other side of this story. This is what JoeJustJoe often does, I bring you stories about a Baja event, disputes, or fights that others could only dream of getting.

As I stated a few days ago. I have a few good sources in Rosarito beach and one of those sources did finally get a chance to talk to at least one Rosarito Beach police officer and get their side of the story, and this police officer works in the jail and is very familiar with this incident, and gives a very good account of what happened from the Rosarito police perspective, something we don't have here on "Baja Nomad" or any other Baja site.

I did not submit any questions to my source in Rosarito, and they just asked the questions they felt were important, or what the police officer told them.

It was not a lengthy interview, but after you see it, I think you will kinda get the gist on how things actually went down on that tragic day when the fireman/lifeguard was shot and killed, and you'll also learn a few things the Youtube video didn't tell you. There were also a few things the Rosarito cop said, that seems supported by Gretchen's "YouTube" video.

I'm busy watching football games, and entertaining, so I have to get back to those things, so perhaps late tonight, or early tomorrow, I will post the Rosarito's police version of the events after the shooting.

One thing both the Rosarito police officer said, and what Gretchen said in the YouTube video, is that she told the Rosarito police, "she was an very important American." So this is one fact both sides could agree one, Gretchen repeatedly told the police " how important of an American she is. There is more to this story, but again it wasn't a long interview, but it's an eyeopener.

Stand by for the Rosarito police side of this story.

DENNIS - 10-20-2013 at 03:49 PM

Why doesn't someone [not me...I'm not on facebook] get ahold of this woman and have her tell her story here.
I supported here without question in the past, but I'm beginning to feel I was wrong.
She must come forward, soon, or be labeled a fraud in my eyes.

mtgoat666 - 10-20-2013 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't someone [not me...I'm not on facebook] get ahold of this woman and have her tell her story here.
I supported here without question in the past, but I'm beginning to feel I was wrong.

Hey Dennis,
Why should she care what you think :?: why should she come to your internet hangout spot? Why don't you go to her hangout spot?

EnsenadaDr - 10-20-2013 at 04:14 PM

Why the sudden change of heart, Dennis? She seems to have some common ground with you, her Facebook states she is an avid photographer. Besides, she already told her story on 4 You Tube videos. I think it's the Mexican police's turn.
Quote:

[Edited on 10-20-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Marla Daily - 10-20-2013 at 06:31 PM

Maybe Gretchen Smith's recent post (yesterday) on her Facebook page has given more than a few folks pause. It doesn't help her credibility IMHO:

"The people with penises are really starting to get on my nerves."

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by Marla Daily]

tripledigitken - 10-20-2013 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Maybe Gretchen Smith's recent post (yesterday) on her Facebook page has given more than a few folks pause. It doesn't help her credibility IMHO:

That's classic!

mtgoat666 - 10-20-2013 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

That's classic!

Her credibility is going up! Sounds like Gretchen knows more about men than Marla :lol:

EnsenadaDr - 10-20-2013 at 08:43 PM

That's about 49% of the population give and take a few in between!! Gretchen is really angry now!!
Quote:

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by Marla Daily]

DENNIS - 10-20-2013 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Sounds like Gretchen knows more about men than Marla :lol:

What does Gretchen know about Marla?

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 03:03 AM

OK lets get a Rosarito Beach police officer's statement of fact, and opinion on what happened after the Baja Lifeguard was shot and killed and what led to Grechen's arrest and time in the Rosarito jail.

I understand from my Rosarito source who spoke directly to one of the Rosarito's officers and was there at the time of Grechen's booking , and knew all about the incident because of his position at the Rosarito police station. I was not told if he actually witnessed the arrest, but I was told we were lucky to get this police officer to answer a few questions, because of his position within the police force.

According to this Rosarito officer, Gretchen was arrested because of her disorderly conduct at the crime scene.

She was asked repeatedly and politely, in English, to step away from the crime scene, but, she did not obey the orders, and instead she screamed many "grocerias" (bad words) at the Rosarito police officer! While the police were trying to find the killer, and do their investigation. Gretchen approached the Rosarito Police chief, and spit on him and said "gorcerias" to him too! She was warned that if she didn't step away, she would be arrested, but she continued to ignore the order, and even dared the police to arrest her, and said, she was a very important American.

My source asked the police officer who was being briefly interviewed, " why wasn't Grethen referred for a mental evaluation? The police officer at the jail said that she was evaluated by a medical doctor, and was found to be healthy enough to face the short term detention.

My source told the police officer at the jail, that it was their belief that Gretchen was detained for 72 hours. The officer said that he didn't know about that, but he went on to explain to my source, that they have two jails in Rosarito. One jail is by the CESPT (water Dept.), and that is the jail were they hold people who commit minor violations and will do short detentions.

The other jail, by City Hall, is for serious violations and longer detentions. Gretchen was placed on the jail for short term violations.

The police officer told my source that regular street cops don't usually know what goes on inside the jail, and that Maybe, "Gretchen was let out after the 36 hours, but, at that moment she continued with her aggressive behavior, and they gave her another 36 hours to settle down."

There are a few unanswered questions, and my source apologized to me, that they weren't able to get more information, but I'm amazed at the information they were able to get, and it's pretty much as I originally suspected from watching Gretchen's "Youtube" video, and the things that even Gretchen herself mentioned.

It looks like Gretchen actually tried to help, but when things weren't happening fast enough and like she wanted, she became unglued and went into a bipolar rage while she physically and verbally abused a Rosarito police officer, including the chief of police!

No police officer in the world, would put up with that type of behavior from a private citizen, let alone a foreign tourist. Obviously Gretchen's time at the jail was a sort of "time out" and the more she showed aggressive behavior while in jail, the longer they left were in prison till she settled down, and it looks like she was visited in jail by a doctor, and two visits by what looks like two different judges, or one judge twice, and the Rosarito judges visit is according to Gretchen's own account. In part four of the Youtube video, Grethen said right before the judge was going to let her out, he told her to stop fighting. ( her criticism about the judge was that the judge wasn't dressed the part, spoke Spanish, and didn't introduced himself)

The "Rosarito" source

bajaguy - 10-21-2013 at 09:30 AM

Ask your source to find out why, as an American citizen she was not allowed to contact the US Consulate or why the Rosarito police did not notify the consulate after her detention/arrest.

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
and said "gorcerias" to him too!

The Spanish word "gorcerias" was probably the word the Rosarito police officer used, and that's why it was quoted. I believe it's from the word " grosería" and it looks like it may be spelled wrong.

I certainly hope you're not being one of those N-zi spelling bee champs that hangs out on "Baja Nomad" looking for misspellings, Lencho, because if you are, that's a very weak form of trolling, especially since it's in Spanish. My investigative source in Rosarito is very fluent in Spanish and English.

But here is the Spanish dictionary's definition of the word " grosería:"

grosería sf 1 (=mala educación) rudeness (=ordinariez) coarseness, vulgarity (=tosquedad) roughness 2 (=comentario) rude remark, vulgar remark (=palabrota) swearword

DavidE - 10-21-2013 at 12:06 PM

I'll tell you for a fact that if a prisoner spits and yells groserias at a turnkey they will NOT let the prisoner out of a cell to do squat until they have calmed down. From personal experience with "Lorenzo" a hot-headed drug dealer that was expelled from the USA after a 2-year sentence at Santa Rita prison. Wholesaling cocaine. La gente labeled him a "pocho". He spent 4 days in el bote without food or water, His fault not the cops. As far as I am concerned the cops should have kept him 4,000 days.

I do not know if the subject of this thread did or did not do any of the things claimed above. But I do know what happens when a prisoner mistreats the jailers. He exited jail minus several teeth and according to the kids had one or two cracked ribs.

Jumping on a bandwagon when it has no wheels is a sad thing to see...

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Ask your source to find out why, as an American citizen she was not allowed to contact the US Consulate or why the Rosarito police did not notify the consulate after her detention/arrest.

I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative!

We also don't know for sure if the Rosarito police didn't allow Gretchen to contact the US consulate. As you might recall, she claimed she was registered with US embassy, while also claiming, what an important person she was. I believe Gretchen has a few credibility issues as well as other problems, and her behavior in jail might have insured her jailers were not going to let her talk to anyone until she calmed down?

But I will be truthful, and make a guess that the police didn't allow her to contact the US Consulate, just like Mexican nationals and undocumented Mexican aliens who are often arrested in the US, and aren't allowed or told of their rights to contact the Mexican embassy/consulate. ( consulate is a smaller version of an embassy, and handles the smaller issues)

I'm also unsure if this woman had the right to call the US Consulate. I'm seeing some conflicting information, saying you have a right to call the embassy or rather Consulate anytime you're arrested, and other sites say, you have US embassy/consulate rights for any SERIOUS arrest or serious crime that is alleged. This woman was essentially arrested for disorderly conduct, and treated like a common American drunk or somebody that got involved in a fight and were put in jail to cool off or sleep it off. She was also put in the short term prison where they put people in for minor crimes.

I doubt most Americans who get tossed in Mexican jails invoke their Geneva rights to talk to their consulate, and besides it's a private matter and the US Consulate is not going to talk about, and there is little the Consulate is going to do anyway, except to make sure you're treated well in prison, and then they will give you a list of Mexican lawyers. The US Consulate no matter how important you say you are, they will not intervene and get you out of prison.

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

mtgoat666 - 10-21-2013 at 02:51 PM

If you request the mexican police contact the US embassy, the embassy may send a consular officer to see you in 5 to 10 business days if are lucky. The consular officer will do nothing more than give you a list of attorneys and contact your family back in the states. in this case, i imagine the consular officer would be about as much help as a sharp stick in the eye.

best advice for any of you arrested in mexico: don't expect your state department to provide any useful help, unless your "story" is elevated to a news story that gets attention in washington DC. the state dept doesn't have resources to aid all the gringos arrested overseas, so only responds when right buttons are pushed by a high profile case of enough notoriety to make it into press and get your congressman's attention. basically, they will aid you only when there is a chance they will publicly lose face by not aiding you :!::!::!::!:

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by mtgoat666]

tripledigitken - 10-21-2013 at 03:11 PM

A paraphrased report from an anonymous "source" taken from unidentified Rosarito policemen........

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DENNIS - 10-21-2013 at 03:21 PM

This thread has gone berserk.....bonkers....irrelevant.

bajaguy - 10-21-2013 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative! [Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

Actually (and factually) I was the INTERPOL State Liaison for Nevada from 1990 to 1998.

INTERPOL does not have "operatives" or "agents". INTERPOL uses the resources and personnel of member agencies to conduct investigations in response to international requests for assistance.

Since I am retired, I don't have any INTERPOL resources.....and no, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
A paraphrased report from an anonymous "source" taken from unidentified Rosarito policemen........

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, but I think our subject here that got arrested and put in jail is at the very least an explosive type of person, and is very big and tall. She also seems to be able to hold her own fighting with men!

I wouldn't want to put any of my friends or anonymous sources in any type of danger of being harassed or worse over their work and research in Rosarito they were so kindly willing to to do for me because I did them a few favors.

I wasn't told if the brief interview with the Rosarito police officer was on or off the record, and so I decided myself to keep his identity and job title secret, because I wouldn't want to get them in trouble in anyway.

However, my past record, and reputation about uncovering these types of cases should speak for themselves, but I don't force anybody to believe what I write, I leave that up to the readers.

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote:

Dennis seems to believe that he is the final arbitrator on "Baja Nomad" and he gets to determine what's relevant or not. However, I do give Dennis credit for admitting he might have been wrong about Gretchen.

It takes a big man to admit you may be wrong.

But I myself think this thread is finished. If you want to find something to bash Mexico and Baja over, get a new subject. I don't think getting behind this woman will help anybody make a anti-Mexico case.

JoeJustJoe - 10-21-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative! [Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

Actually (and factually) I was the INTERPOL State Liaison for Nevada from 1990 to 1998.

INTERPOL does not have "operatives" or "agents". INTERPOL uses the resources and personnel of member agencies to conduct investigations in response to international requests for assistance.

Since I am retired, I don't have any INTERPOL resources.....and no, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night

So you're not James Bond?

Zapotec - 10-21-2013 at 04:24 PM

Irrelevant? No, not all. It is actually very relevant. Reading about the cop's side of the story is VERY RELEVANT. What is it with people that go bonkers when all sides to an issue are presented?

DENNIS - 10-21-2013 at 04:37 PM

Quote:

Dennis seems to believe that he is the final arbitrator on "Baja Nomad" and he gets to determine what's relevant or not.

Yep...I am MY final arbitrator, as well as determiner of my relevance.

You do what feels good for you...in fact, you might do more of it. It'll keep your hands occupied so you can't type.

bajaguy - 10-21-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you're not James Bond?

No, but I do know more about this and other subjects than you do.

Zapotec - 10-21-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:

You do what feels good for you...in fact, you might do more of it. It'll keep your hands occupied so you can't type.

EnsenadaDr - 10-21-2013 at 06:58 PM

And we wonder why Mexicans stereotype white women???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD62rdILs_Q

DENNIS - 10-29-2013 at 04:09 PM

Woooosh isn't posting here anymore, but he put this up on TalkBaja earlier today, and I thought he'd appreciate sharing it here. I haven't asked yet, but I will in a minute:
==================================

Re: Rosarito lifeguard shot to death while on beach patrol: UPDATED WITNESS VIDEO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gretchen Smith paid a visit to our house yesterday for coffee talk. Since the murder of Lifeguard Mar Tajeda in her arms and the denial of her human rights in the Rosarito jail- she has been busy putting her case together. Gretchen is a missionary who creates social change through art: crime prevention through graffiti removal and community-themed murals. She has posted over 200 positive YouTube videos about Rosarito Beach and has many local commuinity art projects under her belt. She has travelled all over the world doing this and Rosarito Beach is the first place that hasn't cooperated with her art projects and she can't understand why. Even Somali rebels gave her more materials and support than Rosarito Beach has.

Gretchen wants her pound of flesh from the man who arrrested her and kept her behind bars. She claims it was the Chief of Police who arrested her, denied her the right to a phone call and kept her in the holding cell incommunicado for 72 hours. He is not the officer who sexually battered her. She has had everything translated and documented the past few weeks and wants her chance to confront him before a judge. Several north of the border news outlets (including the NY Times) are working on this story and have versions ready. The City (Mayor's Office) has asked her to wait and she is holding back the story for fear of embarrasing Rosarito Beach in the media. Several authorities have suggested she return to the USA for safety- but she wants to stay and fight this injustice in court. She is holding out hope Rosarito will meet her humble demands for justice so she doesn't have to go public. Today she has a meeting at the US Consulate in Tijuana. I don't know how this will turn out- but she is very strong willed and determined to get her justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Woooosh; Today at 03:35 PM.

tlalocs - 10-29-2013 at 04:42 PM

Rosarito police are notorious for being crooks and murderers.

It's pathetic for any of you to criticize a woman's actions after she attempted to the save a life of another innocent human being.

JJJ, You don't speak Spanish and have never been to Mexico. And no, mongering in Tijuana doesn't count. It's apparent that you are doubtful of a heroic act since your only reference point is your gutter.

Chupacabra - 10-29-2013 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Even Somali rebels gave her more materials and support than Rosarito Beach has.

She claims to have been aided by Somali rebels? I don't think so.

BajaLuna - 10-29-2013 at 06:24 PM

Let's hope the truth prevails!

thanks Dennis for sharing this, it was good to have an update!

Skipjack Joe - 10-30-2013 at 06:54 AM

Quote:

Irrelevant is the right word.

laventana - 11-15-2013 at 09:08 AM

I have a different take on an important question. Driving down the baja many times have seen cars that have been in accidents and no one helping. Just people standing 30 feet away and the people still in the car.

A few years ago I ran into a retired emergency responder from the US. He was discussing that horrible bus accident in San Jose or north of there.

He was telling me he came up on it and by far it was the worst accident he had ever seen in his life. Anyway he mentioned that here in Mexico you can be held legally liable for the death of a person if you render first aid at an accident if the person dies. That the family can then sue you. Thus he told me that is why people do not provide assistance at accidents in many cases.

Though this does not seem to be the case for this threads arrest i was just wondering. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

[Edited on 11-15-2013 by laventana]

DENNIS - 11-15-2013 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by laventana
I have a different take on an important question. Driving down the baja many times have seen cars that have been in accidents and no one helping. Just people standing 30 feet away and the people still in the car.

A few years ago I ran into a retired emergency responder from the US. He was discussing that horrible bus accident in San Jose or north of there.

He was telling me he came up on it and by far it was the worst accident he had ever seen in his life. Anyway he mentioned that here in Mexico you can be held legally liable for the death of a person if you render first aid at an accident if the person dies. That the family can then sue you. Thus he told me that is why people do not provide assistance at accidents in many cases.

Though this does not seem to be the case for this threads arrest i was just wondering. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

[Edited on 11-15-2013 by laventana]

I've heard this as well. I've also heard you would be in violation if you didn't offer assistance.
I think a person should do what's right at the time.

sancho - 11-15-2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Anyway he mentioned that here in Mexico you can be held legally liable for the death of a person if you render first aid at an accident if the person dies

I have heard of that, remember reading it states something
like Practicing Medicine Without a License. Calif, I believe
recently passed a Good Samaritain Law which deals
with the same subject. As in many
things in Mex, there is rarely a difinitive answer

DENNIS - 11-15-2013 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Calif, I believe
recently passed a Good Samaritain Law

Maybe that's what I heard about.
Anyway....when someone needs help....they need help....not a lecture on some crazy law.

EnsenadaDr - 11-15-2013 at 07:01 PM

Here's an article dated 2008.

We are all familiar with the “Good Samaritan Law”. This law protects you from becoming liable for helping in an emergency situation. The Good Samaritan law allows you to give aid within your scope of expertise at a car accident or other disaster without being sued for any reason in the performance of your aid. Mexico has no such law. You as a visitor or citizen can not give any aid at anytime or anyplace with out breaking the law. The only organization able to perform emergency services outside of a hospital or medial clinic in Mexico is the Cruz Roja. Do not stop and help! Call for help 065 or at lakeside 765-2308. You will be at risk of arrest, deportation or being financially responsible. To understand how this came about, we must look at its history.

As early as 1898, the Spanish Red Cross approached the Mexican Government to inquire about the emergency services available in the Republic. At that time, such services were provided by the Mexican Army. The Mexican President, Porfirio Diaz, had been a general, had strong ties to the Military, and showed no interest in establishing a Mexican Red Cross. By 1907, however, the Mexican Army had fallen on hard times. Diaz, still President, had cut back on its funds, producing inefficiency and dissatisfaction among career officers.

On August 2nd of that year Mexico recognized the Geneva Convention and on February 21, 1910, a presidential decree recognized the Red Cross, but made it an auxiliary of the Army. In 1919, it was recognized by the International Red Cross and received a charter in 1923. Since then, the organization has been prohibited from accepting any financial aid from any government agency. It is financed by private donations only. It also severed its ties with the Army. Now, the Army gave up its role as the provider of day to day emergency care, shifting the burden to the Cruz Roja Mexicana. Thus, it became the sole designated caregiver in situations normally handled and paid for by governments in most parts of the world.

Today, both the Mexican Red Cross and the Mexican National Health Service, IMSS, maintain hospitals in all major cities. Larger cities also run Municipal Hospitals. However, the IMSS hospitals serve only those who work for companies that provide them with coverage. Those who are not covered by their employers still must turn to either a Red Cross or Municipal Hospital for free care. By and large, emergency health care in big cities is good. That is not the case in small towns and villages.

Those who live outside large municipalities and are unable to pay for private care, are totally dependant on the Red Cross to provide emergency care and transport them to the nearest hospital that offers free service. The needs of the less affluent members of the community, who have non-emergency medical problems, are handled in a free clinic that operates 6 days a week. It provides a consultation with a doctor and in most cases, free medications are dispensed (Central Salud). The Delegation requests a donation after the services are rendered, but what is received seldom cover costs. Fortunately, the Delegation has two auxiliary groups. The Cruz Roja International Volunteers, largely non-Mexican and the Damas of the Cruz Roja, mostly Mexican ladies, run fund raising events that keep a monthly deficit under control, but just barely.

Again, it is sad but do not offer aid in an emergency unless you are willing to suffer the possible consequences. What you CAN do is to contribute to the Cruz Roja on a regular basis. We have a great need for monthly and annual contributions as well as the support of the fund raising projects run throughout the year.

Cruz Roja depends on YOU! Anyone wanting to contribute to any of these needs please contact Norm Pifer at 766-0616 or Charlie Klestadt at 766-3671. You can, as always, find all our current information on our website at WWW.cruzrojalakeside.com

EnsenadaDr - 11-15-2013 at 07:05 PM

Wow you mean to tell me Gretchen Smith was breaking the law then? I knew something was wrong.

[Edited on 11-16-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

JoeJustJoe - 11-17-2013 at 03:30 PM

I wonder what happened to the NY Times article Gretchen supposedly told somebody else on another site, and Dennis re-posted here on BN. They said the NY Times and other media outlets were going to write about Gretchen's experiences in a Rosarito jail?

BTW at the time this was first re-posted by Dennis from another site. I checked with some of my San Diego/Baja contacts in the media, and asked them if they heard anything, from this woman, or if they heard of anything about his story? I was told they haven't heard anything about this story, but would let me know as soon as they heard anything about it.

I'm not going to say what I really think was going on here with this story, except to say, I doubt there is going to be any newspaper story about this incident in Rosarito.

Excerpt from a Dennis post, posting something from another site about Gretchen:

Gretchen wants her pound of flesh from the man who arrrested her and kept her behind bars. She claims it was the Chief of Police who arrested her, denied her the right to a phone call and kept her in the holding cell incommunicado for 72 hours. He is not the officer who sexually battered her. She has had everything translated and documented the past few weeks and wants her chance to confront him before a judge. Several north of the border news outlets (including the NY Times) are working on this story and have versions ready.

[Edited on 11-17-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

DENNIS - 11-17-2013 at 03:49 PM

Quote:

Gretchen wants her pound of flesh from the man who arrrested her and kept her behind bars. She claims it was the Chief of Police who arrested her, denied her the right to a phone call and kept her in the holding cell incommunicado for 72 hours. He is not the officer who sexually battered her. She has had everything translated and documented the past few weeks and wants her chance to confront him before a judge. Several north of the border news outlets (including the NY Times) are working on this story and have versions ready.

And you, Joe, should get your facts straight. These are not my words, nor my post. They may be included in some thread I was involved with, but I didn't say this...anywhere and don't know where you got it.

EnsenadaDr - 11-17-2013 at 03:59 PM

It was a quote from Woooosh over on another site which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons under the thread entitled "Rosarito lifeguard shot to death while on beach patrol." dated 10-29-2013.

Gretchen Smith paid a visit to Ft Woooosh yesterday for coffee talk. Since the murder of Lifeguard Mar Tajeda in her arms and the denial of her human rights in the Rosarito jail- she has been busy putting her case together. Gretchen is a missionary who creates social change through art: crime prevention through graffiti removal and community-themed murals. She has posted over 200 positive YouTube videos about Rosarito Beach and has many local commuinity art projects under her belt. She has travelled all over the world doing this and Rosarito Beach is the first place that hasn't cooperated with her art projects and she can't understand why. Even Somali rebels gave her more materials and support than Rosarito Beach has.

Gretchen wants her pound of flesh from the man who arrrested her and kept her behind bars. She claims it was the Chief of Police who arrested her, denied her the right to a phone call and kept her in the holding cell incommunicado for 72 hours. She has had everything translated and documented the past few weeks and wants her chance to confront him before a judge. Several north of the border news outlets (including the NY Times) are working on this story and have versions ready. The City (Mayor's Office) has asked her to wait and she is holding back the story for fear of embarrasing Rosarito Beach in the media. Several authorities have suggested she return to the USA for safety- but she wants to stay and fight this injustice in court. She is holding out hope Rosarito will meet her humble demands for justice so she doesn't have to go public. Today she has a meeting at the US Consulate in Tijuana. I don't know how this will turn out- but she is very strong willed and determined to get her justice.

[Edited on 11-17-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

JoeJustJoe - 11-17-2013 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:

And you, Joe, should get your facts straight. These are not my words, nor my post. They may be included in some thread I was involved with, but I didn't say this...anywhere and don't know where you got it.

Sorry Dennis, I know you didn't originally write this, but were only re-posting it, and I went back and corrected what I wrote above.

However, I'm not letting you entirely off the hook, because you did re-posted this casual interview with Gretchen, and it implies you think it was news worthy and that you even believe the NY Times was going to get right on this story.

Clearly in my opinion this woman has deep credibility issues, and you Dennis seem to be sitting on the fence on this one.

EnsenadaDr - 11-17-2013 at 04:19 PM

From what I understand Joe, Dennis has reneged on finding her credible. I tend to agree with him, especially since I found out since that a citizen assist in a serious medical emergency is against Mexican law and she has a much weaker basis to file a claim against anyone when she was breaking the law to begin with.

JoeJustJoe - 11-17-2013 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
From what I understand Joe, Dennis has reneged on finding her credible. I tend to agree with him, especially since I found out since that a citizen assist in a serious medical emergency is against Mexican law and she has a much weaker basis to file a claim against anyone when she was breaking the law to begin with.

I rather hear from Dennis , EnsenadaDr, because he re-posted this interview from another site even after he expressed some doubt about this woman in question actually talking to the missing Gary.

If Dennis finds this woman's credibility in question, why re-post that stuff from another site? I don't think there is any NY Times article on this woman's version of the events in the Rosario jail.

[Edited on 11-17-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

DENNIS - 11-17-2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry Dennis, I know you didn't originally write this, but were only re-posting it, and I went back and corrected what I wrote above.

However, I'm not letting you entirely off the hook, because you did re-posted this casual interview with Gretchen, and it implies you think it was news worthy and that you even believe the NY Times was going to get right on this story.

Clearly in my opinion this woman has deep credibility issues, and you Dennis seem to be sitting on the fence on this one.

No longer on the fence. I made my regrets known , in this thread, I believe, for my support of this woman's report. She proved herself unreliable by not returning calls to this thread that would vindicate her of emanating her opportunistic fantasies.
In other words...I think she's a lying psycho POS and I fell for it.

Gawwwwdammmm....will I ever learn?

Apology graciously accepted, by the way. Thanks.

EnsenadaDr - 11-30-2013 at 07:33 AM

Seems like Gretchen would like to meet someone for coffee and chat. Here is her post from today off of Baja Singles on Facebook:

Alright...I am finally starting to feel better an would like to get out and do something fun later this week with a few of you. Anybody up for coffee or dinner or something else? I could use a little holiday cheer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/397189123632698/

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

shari - 11-30-2013 at 08:08 AM

Hey Dennis...maybe Gretch will buy you dinner followed by some drumming perhaps?:yes:

EnsenadaDr - 11-30-2013 at 08:16 AM

Yes Dennis, I am not anywhere near Ensenada right now otherwise I would find out once and for all if she is the real McCoy....it's all up to you now!!
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Hey Dennis...maybe Gretch will buy you dinner followed by some drumming perhaps?:yes:

monoloco - 11-30-2013 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:

No longer on the fence. I made my regrets known , in this thread, I believe, for my support of this woman's report. She proved herself unreliable by not returning calls to this thread that would vindicate her of emanating her opportunistic fantasies.

Apology graciously accepted, by the way. Thanks.
I think you're being a little harsh on Gretchen, just because she doesn't feel any obligation to explain herself to a bunch of busy bodies on a forum that she doesn't participate in, doesn't necessarily make her unbelievable.

EnsenadaDr - 11-30-2013 at 10:01 AM

She's the one that came on here saying she met a guy that matched Gary's description in Rosarito and then when asked to explain further with more details she disappeared so now maybe we can find out more.

DocRey - 11-30-2013 at 01:42 PM

Wasn't Sherlock Holmes sidekick a doctor? :lol:

BajaLuna - 11-30-2013 at 02:06 PM

I agree monoloco!

DR, I thought I read on this thread that the family has been in touch with her and also that a Nomad has been in touch with her too since she first posted on here? She did explain further to the people who she needed to. She shared what she knew with the people that needed to get that info. Just because she is not on here participating doesn't mean she isn't available to the people she needs to be. Sheesh!

Would you come back on here with the treatment she received on BN?

All that is important is that she has talked with people that needed the info she had and she relayed what she needed to. I commend her for not getting involved on BN in regards to this matter and instead she talked directly to who she needed to.

EnsenadaDr - 11-30-2013 at 02:16 PM

Well then she should have made her announcement private in a U2U to Baja Blanca of the sighting instead of broadcasting it on Nomads and then left everyone curious or wondering whether or not she was just trolling or telling the truth? A good doctor is also a good detective...!! BTW

JoeJustJoe - 11-30-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
I agree monoloco!

DR, I thought I read on this thread that the family has been in touch with her and also that a Nomad has been in touch with her too since she first posted on here? She did explain further to the people who she needed to. She shared what she knew with the people that needed to get that info. Just because she is not on here participating doesn't mean she isn't available to the people she needs to be. Sheesh!

All that is important is that she has talked with people that needed the info she had and she relayed what she needed to. I commend her for not getting involved on BN in regards to this matter and instead she talked directly to who she needed to.

BajaLuna you seem very very naive, and if you live in Baja, being so trusting is not a good trait to have in certain places in Mexico.

I personally have problems with somebody playing with a families emotions by claiming she personally talked with Gary in Rosarito for quite some time, when Gary's last location was hundreds of miles away in the opposite direction.

Do you actually believe Gary was in Rosarito BajaLuna?

Regarding her experiences with the Rosarito police, one of my contacts that lives in Rosarito confirmed with the Rosarito police that this self-admitted bipolar artist spit in the Rosarito police chief's face! There is another blog from an American ex-pat that confirmed this woman became unhinged on the beach, and left the Rosarito police little choice but to arrest her. This woman in her video confirms that she had visits from the judge at least twice.

The only question that remained was that if Gretchen was allowed to contact the US consulate? Even if she wasn't the only thing that "consulate" was going to do is make sure she is treated well, call her family, and give her a list of Mexican lawyers. That's if they even show up at her jail cell.

Here mistreatment story changed from the YouTube video, and now she claims some type of sexual abuse, according to that page Dennis copied from another Baja forum, and put it a few pages back in the thread. It was also said in that quote, that the New York, Times, and other media outlets were working on an imminent story on Gretchen's treatment in the Rosarito jail, but the city Mayor's office has asked her to wait, and she is holding back out of fear of embarrassing Rosarito beach in the media.

C'mon, that sounds like it's pretty close to extortion, thinking a story like this is going to ruin Tourism in Rosarito. BTW I have checked with at least at least one San Diego reporter who covers border issues and stories on both sides of the border, and they heard nothing about this story, but would contact me if they heard anything about it.

So where is the NY Times article?
So Where are the other local media stories on this?
Where is the follow up of Gary's sighting?
What happened to Gretchen's meeting with the US consulate?

This woman sure says and claims a lot of things, but there is never any follow up, not even on her Facebook.

MMc - 11-30-2013 at 03:06 PM

This horse has been kicked around for far to long.

greengoes - 11-30-2013 at 03:23 PM

DENNIS - 11-30-2013 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
I agree monoloco!

Would you clue us in on how you would be privy to these exchanges? It seems, from your statements, that you know these things.
Do you know these things....you know...the things of which you speak? Or...are you simply being contradictory for the sake of Gawd knows why?

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by DENNIS]

Mulegena - 11-30-2013 at 05:43 PM

I can't remember and am not going to re-read the thread(s):

Did she, herself, post on Nomad or did someone else post that they'd been in contact with her?

Anyone? With all these sleuthing exercises, can anyone supply her post(s) please?

edited to pluralize "thread" to "thread(s)"

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by Mulegena]

tripledigitken - 11-30-2013 at 05:48 PM

Yes, the family posted they had talked to Gretchen.

EnsenadaDr - 11-30-2013 at 06:17 PM

Was there any follow up?? That is really what I am referring to. Yes, she stated she spoke to Gary. Yes, the family acknowledged they spoke to her. What was the final consensus or conclusion about Gary either being in Rosarito or not? Did the family feel that she had valuable information and that from her information, there was a high probability Gary was in Rosarito? That maybe we should be looking north instead of south? Or was it just a publicity stunt on the part of TallArtist?

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

tripledigitken - 11-30-2013 at 06:31 PM

Dr,

I suggest you u2u the family rather than speculate.

Mulegena - 11-30-2013 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Did she, herself, post on Nomad or did someone else post that they'd been in contact with her?

Anyone? With all these sleuthing exercises, can anyone supply her post(s) please?

Quote:

So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. She apparently became aware of the disappearance of Gary Patton and did contact the Patton family. On another thread here on Baja Nomad the Patton family-- not Gretchen-- reported that she'd been in contact with them reporting the posibility of seeing their missing relative.

Is the above correct?

This thread is about questioning her character because she made UTubes about being mistreated by the Rosarito police. It has now digressed into questioning her character because she reported possibly seeing Gary Patton in Rosarito.

Is the above correct?

We can assume she knows nothing about this thread, which at first was apologetic and accepting, but has now turned slanderous and defaming of her very mental status.

We can assume it really has nothing to do with Gary Patton, the Rosarito police department, Baja Tourism or even the price of tea in China.

Is the above correct?

This thread has devolved into bashing someone who no one here knows.

Is the above correct?

DENNIS - 11-30-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
[
So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. Is the above correct?

This thread is about questioning her character because she made UTubes about being mistreated by the Rosarito police. It has now digressed into questioning her character because she reported possibly seeing Gary Patton in Rosarito.

Is the above correct?

Doesn't appear to be so.

tallartist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 10-1-2013 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Gary Patton

I believe I saw Gary in Rosarito Centro near Obrera on the beach a little over a week ago. He talked my ear off for a long time. Don't know how to reach the family. My email is tallartist@hotmail.com or call 661-123-1173. He was asking about rental prices in the area. Sorry for the delay but I am just not seeing this post.

Mulegena - 11-30-2013 at 08:42 PM

Ok, so she did join Baja Nomad and made one post.

Why bash her, either about that post or the incident with the Rosarito police and the way she handled that?

The Patton family is handling the search for the missing family member in the way they see fit.
Nobody knows tallartist.
We all have opinions.
Not worth it.

Let's move on, folks.

Floatflyer - 11-30-2013 at 09:06 PM

Posted by Dennis:
"No longer on the fence. I made my regrets known , in this thread, I believe, for my support of this woman's report. She proved herself unreliable by not returning calls to this thread that would vindicate her of emanating her opportunistic fantasies.

Apology graciously accepted, by the way. Thanks."

It is now time for this sad thread and this woman to go the way of the Dodo Bird, goodbye and good riddance!!!

DENNIS - 11-30-2013 at 09:07 PM

Quote:

Let's move on, folks.

Yes. I thought we were doing that. :light:

DENNIS - 11-30-2013 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Floatflyer
Posted by Dennis:

Try to keep up with the dates on these posts, FF. If you want the issue to die and go away, quit grave digging.

JoeJustJoe - 12-1-2013 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. She apparently became aware of the disappearance of Gary Patton and did contact the Patton family. On another thread here on Baja Nomad the Patton family-- not Gretchen-- reported that she'd been in contact with them reporting the posibility of seeing their missing relative.

Is the above correct?

Is the above correct?

We can assume she knows nothing about this thread, which at first was apologetic and accepting, but has now turned slanderous and defaming of her very mental status.

We can assume it really has nothing to do with Gary Patton, the Rosarito police department, Baja Tourism or even the price of tea in China.

Is the above correct?

This thread has devolved into bashing someone who no one here knows.

Is the above correct?

I do think this thread reached the end of the line a few weeks back, but I also think before you give an opinion here and tell others what they should do, is that you should learn the facts that are already presented in the "YouTube" video, or what's written in this thread.

Although you Mulegena are trying to get a handle on what's going on here, you are just so wrong in this series of questions you are asking over and over again where you ask, " is the above correct?"The question to your questions is mostly, NO YOU ARE NOT CORRECT!

JoeJustJoe - 7-5-2014 at 01:21 AM

It seems our favorite Rosarito resident Gretchen, aka Tall Artist who has admitted in her "YouTube" video of having suffering from a bipolar disorder, seems to have been involved with another incident with the Rosarito police, according to an anonymous source that gave me details of her couple of days in a Rosarito jail, from a Rosarito police officers perspective who witnessed her in prison.

If you recall Gretchen witnessed a shooting of a Mexican lifeguard, and she tried to help him while he lay mortally wounded, Gretchen at the time felt the Mexican officials didn't act fast enough, and the more and more the Mexican police and paramedics wasted time, the more and more Gretchen got agitated, and her bipolar conditioned seemed to kick in and by the time the paramedics took the dying lifeguard away, Grethchen was in a full rage yelling at the top of her lungs at the Rosarito police for not acting fast enough, and in fact the Rosarito police arrested Grethen and put her in jail. She felt they had no right to arrest her, and jail her, and she also claimed the Mexican jailers refused her access to the American consulate.

The story I heard was that Grethen spit in the face of the Rosarito police chief in addition to yelling loudly at the other officers, who warned her of arrest if she didn't calm down. I also heard she was very combated in the jail too, and that's why they kept her in prison for those days.

Well the latest incident that is said to have occurred happened sometime last week, which I think is Friday, and that Gretchen walked into a police sub station and was agitated and speaking English or Spanish, probably English and was speaking very loud with fingers pointed at the policemen's faces. The police according to sources didn't understand a word she was saying, Ss, the police phoned for an English speaking cop to report to the police sub station so he could translate whatever Gretchen was tying to say to them.

The police in the substation told Gretchen to sit and wait until the English police officer arrived. Gretchen according to sources refused to sit and continued with her screaming and pointing fingers, and was making a scene, and wouldn't allow the police to work with other people at the sub station. (maybe Gretchen didn't understand what they told her?) They told her to calm down in Spanish, and if she didn't, they would arrest her for disturbing the peace. She became even more aggressive, so they put her in a single cell, to wait until the English speaking cop arrived.

When the English speaking police officer arrived, they let her out.

So what was Gretchen doing there in the police substation you might ask? Well she went to the police station to complain about some guy urinating where he wasn't supposed to according to Gretchen.

This time the police just let Gretchen go probably because they know how she is.

I tried to confirm the story, by looking at Youtube, or her FACEBOOK to see if she talked about the incident, and I believe I have a sort of confirmation, because on her Facebook page she as a video posted about some guy urinating, and she was telling him to stop it or she would call the police.

EnsenadaDr - 7-5-2014 at 02:34 AM

Joe I don't see the video or the comments, link please. I do however see her mention on her Facebook page that she has a mental illness and that can't be helped. As for the man urinating, he might have a condition such as prostatic hyperplasia which causes extreme urges to urinate and no control of holding the urine in the bladder, so she might want to consider this if it was an elderly gentleman.

DENNIS - 7-5-2014 at 05:15 AM

Quote:
according to an anonymous source that gave me details of her couple of days in a Rosarito jail, from a Rosarito police officers perspective who witnessed her in prison.

"Who's on first?" :lol:

Cisco - 7-5-2014 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Joe I don't see the video or the comments, link please. I do however see her mention on her Facebook page that she has a mental illness and that can't be helped. As for the man urinating, he might have a condition such as prostatic hyperplasia which causes extreme urges to urinate and no control of holding the urine in the bladder, so she might want to consider this if it was an elderly gentleman.

Janene did you have to???

Maybe the guy just had to take a pee.

Now I'm all worried about having pros...whatever everytime I take a leak.

JoeJustJoe - 7-5-2014 at 09:00 AM

Quote:

I missed it too Janene, the first time I was on FACEBOOK, but it's there. Go to Grethchen's FACEBOOK, then to the albums, then video, and you'll see a short video 39 seconds long and dated June 27.

It appears Grethchen caught a Mexican homeless urinating in the brush, or possible riverbed, wherever it was.... it was away from where people live, and most likely where homeless people hang out. Gretchen yells at the guy in broken Spanish,and English to stop what he is doing, and tells him it's an area where people are murdered and prostitution goes on, and towards the end of the video, she warns the probably homeless Mexican man , that she is going to call the police.

I'm not one to make fun of people who are suffering from mental illness, but a bipolar disorder usually isn't that bad, although people who have this type of mental illness, do have their moments, and yes this is an understatement, because I think Gretchen really goes off, when she gets into a bipolar rage.

If anything this shows you what a tough job the police have, and I think they probably handled this situation as well as can be expected, and they seem to know her now and after she cools down they let her go.

Gretchen needs to learn to chill, and I think she was acting a bit of an ugly American to what looks to be a homeless man, because he wasn't in public and there weren't restrooms around where he was at. I just think she should have gave the guy some privacy, along with turning her video camera off, and she should have minded her own business.

[Edited on 7-5-2014 by JoeJustJoe]

Feathers - 7-5-2014 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Quote:

Janene did you have to???

Maybe the guy just had to take a pee.

Now I'm all worried about having pros...whatever everytime I take a leak.

:lol::lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr - 7-5-2014 at 08:18 PM

I can't tell what that guy was doing in the video, but she is asking for trouble. First of all it's not even on her property, She is in a very isolated area, and confronting a complete stranger, saying "Tu, Voy" which means "You, I am coming" he could have interpreted her aggressive behavior as something totally different. What if he had had a knife or other weapon? What does she care if he is urinating or defecating on the property next to hers, in what appears to be a sewerline going out to the beach area. I think the poor guy was being very nice to her. No wonder Americans have a bad name in Mexico. Why would she want to videotape reprimanding a homeless guy urinating.

[Edited on 7-6-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

greengoes - 7-6-2014 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
.......She is in a very isolated area, and confronting a complete stranger, saying "Tu, Voy" which means "You, I am coming".....

Actually, it loosely means "you are going", which he was as she taped it. Did you know Gretchen is also Yukita Nary who hacked Maggie's blog?

Sol has the proof if you are interested..

EnsenadaDr - 7-6-2014 at 09:15 AM

the verb for going in the familiar you form is tu vas, not tu voy, voy is I am going, tu vas is you are going...Greengoes are you sure you don't live near Barona?
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Quote:
.......She is in a very isolated area, and confronting a complete stranger, saying "Tu, Voy" which means "You, I am coming".....

Actually, it loosely means "you are going", which he was as she taped it. Did you know Gretchen is also Yukita Nary who hacked Maggie's blog?

Sol has the proof if you are interested..

Pages:  1    3