Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
haven't been here in a week or so, and its still goin on. I'll just say if I come around a corner and its me, the car comin at me, and the guy on the bike, the guy on the bike loses every time. he should not have been there. it's not safe.

You should slow down, share the road!

----totally unrealistic, Goat.

Barry

Barry,
You already hit a few bicyclists,... You REALLY need to slow down, share the road!

Errr ahhhhh, they hit me, Goat, and I was moving about 2 MPH at the time. :light:

Barry

if you take the bus all will live. you are to stupid to drive. remove self from the road. your mind is gone

joerover - 1-25-2014 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
haven't been here in a week or so, and its still goin on. I'll just say if I come around a corner and its me, the car comin at me, and the guy on the bike, the guy on the bike loses every time. he should not have been there. it's not safe.

You should slow down, share the road!

----totally unrealistic, Goat.

Barry

Barry,
You already hit a few bicyclists,... You REALLY need to slow down, share the road!

Errr ahhhhh, they hit me, Goat, and I was moving about 2 MPH at the time. :light:

Barry

joerover - 1-26-2014 at 09:55 AM

http://www.neurology.org/search?fulltext=tumor&submit=ye...

science of road rage explained by brain tumor
go to a doctor
tell them about your road rge problem
they can fix it

when you see a bike
HIT THE BRAKES

wessongroup - 1-26-2014 at 10:11 AM

Say, are tricycles OK too ... just asking ... great review on Amazon

26" Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle

See any problems :biggrin:

mtgoat666 - 1-26-2014 at 10:18 AM

slow down!
share the road!

TAKE THE PLEDGE!

I SHARE THE ROAD Pledge

I pledge to set the pace and:
drive a family friendly speed
look for bikes and pass safely
stop for pedestrians at marked and unmarked crossings
slow down and look for kids and seniors
work with neighbors to make my neighborhood a better place

[Edited on 1-26-2014 by mtgoat666]

shari - 1-27-2014 at 09:01 AM

a cyclist was hit and killed around San Bruno...the driver of the semi said he had no choice but to clip the cyclist.

http://www.radiokashana.org/noticias/camionero-le-quita-la-v...

David K - 1-27-2014 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
a cyclist was hit and killed around San Bruno...the driver of the semi said he had no choice but to clip the cyclist.

http://www.radiokashana.org/noticias/camionero-le-quita-la-v...

So sad... I guess the truck driver couldn't "hit the brakes" in time?

Old Hwy. 1 (without paved shoulders) is not safe for bicycles!

Kgryfon - 1-27-2014 at 04:27 PM

Sounds like it occurred at night and there was another vehicle on the left, or the other vehicle swerved into the left lane (not sure). The trucker hit the bicyclist and then couldn't find him in the dark so he drove on and called his boss once he got to San Bruno. At least that's what I think it says via Goggle Translate...

Here is the Spanish Direct translation (1 of 3)

durrelllrobert - 1-27-2014 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kgryfon
Sounds like it occurred at night and there was another vehicle on the left, or the other vehicle swerved into the left lane (not sure). The trucker hit the bicyclist and then couldn't find him in the dark so he drove on and called his boss once he got to San Bruno. At least that's what I think it says via Goggle Translate...

Personnel assigned to the Command(Police station) in Santa Rosalía South Baja California, he(she) informed that at 21:00, they had knowledge of the Federal police, that in the Kilometer 138 300 of the Vehicular stretch of the Town of San Bruno South Baja California, to the relationship in Magdalen's San Jose South Baja California, had caused a Car Accident type collision turning out to be a person without life, moving immediately to the said place, Elements of this Command(Police station), in company of the Agent of the Attorney General of the Investigative, as well as personal Common Jurisdiction(Privilege) of Expert Services, corroborating the previous thing, observing at a 06 meters distance approximately of the asphalt tape the lifeless body of a person of the masculine(male) sex in position right back decubitus, which was dressing lightweight mixed fibre pants color coffee, sweatshirt of gray color, industrial boots of color coffee, likewise to approximately fifteen meters of the above mentioned asphalt tape a bicycle marks Micargi, tire 26, of black color, with flames(llamas) to the costadas, which(who) appreciates a blow in the rear rim; appreciating diverse reports of material of fiberglass of white color of a fender of tráiler, Giving Ministerial Faith the Social Representative, arranging the raising and transfer of the body to the Amphitheater of this Sublawyer's office, for the practice of the Autopsy of Law, being its causes of death; secondary sharp anemia to thoracic traumatism, report of the Legal Doctor.

- Later meeting with a person who said to be known of the murdered today the one who in life was answering to the name of 58-year-old Gilberto Castañeda Romero of age, without knowing any more personal details since only it was meeting its brother who takes root in Los Angeles California.

- Being continued by the corresponding investigations based on the investigations observing a kilómet

the road room to move

msawin - 1-27-2014 at 08:11 PM

I drove down and back in the last two weeks and had to deal with folks on the two wheel bikes 7 times.
The part that really bothers me is the adjustments and road driving I had to do. In the corners, the adjustment in road to miss,
[THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM TAKES PLACE] that these crazy folks, that put on the people traversing the Hyw 1 . They are indifferent and careless about the other people that drive the Hyw. Its all about them and their freedom to do what they think is owed to them.. I will not drive off the highway to save a bike.

[bounced]

Bajaboy - 1-27-2014 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msawin
I drove down and back in the last two weeks and had to deal with folks on the two wheel bikes 7 times.
The part that really bothers me is the adjustments and road driving I had to do. In the corners, the adjustment in road to miss,
[THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM TAKES PLACE] that these crazy folks, that put on the people traversing the Hyw 1 . They are indifferent and careless about the other people that drive the Hyw. Its all about them and their freedom to do what they think is owed to them.. I will not drive off the highway to save a bike.

[bounced]

Do you feel the same about the cyclists in the States? I know there are some very narrow, windy roads near Grass Valley with a lot of cyclists.

mtgoat666 - 1-27-2014 at 08:24 PM

Quote:

[bounced]

slow down, share the road! is that too inconvenient for you? is everything always about you?

woody with a view - 1-27-2014 at 08:25 PM

that truck driver is guilty of hit and run. he knew he hit the guy but couoldn't find him? what, he just up and vanished?

pretty sh!tty....

ncampion - 1-27-2014 at 08:26 PM

A road that is not safe for a bicycle is not safe for a bicycle no matter what country it's in.

Bajaboy - 1-27-2014 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
A road that is not safe for a bicycle is not safe for a bicycle no matter what country it's in.

Explain how a road is not safe for a bicycle?:?:

msawin - 1-27-2014 at 08:36 PM

Goat, you have no idea of the reality. Your posts are .....
If you go around the corner at 35 miles an hour, is that to fast. Tell me with your knowledge base. 35 is that too fast? How about 25 miles an hour? Is that ok? You do not know me or most people on this board. You have no idea of speed into a corner because your not there..... IT HAPPENS and there is some stupid person on a bicycle with head phones on listing to the TUBES....

Dude, its not about speed... its about what happens in a tight corner with a tractor truck on your ass.. and HERE is this person that wants to DIE and a truck coming at you from the other direction..

You ever been there? I think not

tripledigitken - 1-27-2014 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Narrow roads without bicycle lanes. It's not rocket science.

David K - 1-27-2014 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Seriously Zac?

Would you tell your children this road is safe for them to ride bikes on?

DSCF0034 copy.jpg - 26kB

bajadogs - 1-27-2014 at 08:52 PM

Looks like it would be easier to pass a bicyclist than a boat to me. Thanks for hammering that point home David.

Bajaboy - 1-27-2014 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously Zac?

Would you tell your children this road is safe for them to ride bikes on?

Couldn't the point be made the road is too narrow to tow that boat? Or drive the 35 ft rv? I stated long ago that I've ridden thousands of miles and would not ride on that highway primarily because of statements made by many on this board.

I'm curious if those that are whining about the inconvenience of the cyclists are doing the speed limit? I kind of doubt it. David, do you drive the posted speed limit?

It could just as easily be a cow versus a bike on the blind curve....

msawin - 1-27-2014 at 08:55 PM

max speed Hyw ! 48 miles an hour.....

When is the last time YOU did it??

David K - 1-27-2014 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
Looks like it would be easier to pass a bicyclist than a boat to me. Thanks for hammering that point home David.

Can you answer the simple question? Seems most here get it... you do like to single my replies out, I notice...???

The highway is being widened, but in the sections that are still only 19' wide with NO shoulder and a cliff or drop-off, it is dangerous to ride your bike. Would you let your children ride on it?

Now we have a confirmed fatality... Is insisting on some 'right' to be on the highway worth the pain, torment and death doing so causes? Can it wait, can you ride another section instead?

Edit:

Zac, I am not whining, I am trying to be an advocate of a fun and happy Baja experience for everyone... That 1973 section of the highway was NOT designed for bikes to ride on. (period).

[Edited on 1-28-2014 by David K]

Bajaboy - 1-27-2014 at 09:12 PM

Quote:

I'm not complaining about having to slow down for cyclists, cows, slow moving cars, tractors, over-sized rvs, etc., either:light:

Barry A. - 1-27-2014 at 09:13 PM

Quote:

In this case, boats on trailers are travelling much faster than a bicycle. It is the fact that the bicycle is traveling so slowly that is the problem, for me at least. If there is a curve, or opposing traffic, you often have to slow down to a crawl VERY FAST to avoid hitting hazards like bicycles. I have an equal problem with cows and horses, but they don't appear to know any better so they just scare me, not tee me off. I have had some real close calls with horses and cows, mostly because they are so totally unpredictable. I NEVER drive more than about 50 on THAT road MAX because of the hazards, and NEVER at night.

Barry

willardguy - 1-27-2014 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Can you answer the simple question? Seems most here get it... you do like to single my replies out, I notice...???

The highway is being widened, but in the sections that are still only 19' wide with NO shoulder and a cliff or drop-off, it is dangerous to ride your bike. Would you let your children ride on it?

Now we have a confirmed fatality... Is insisting on some 'right' to be on the highway worth the pain, torment and death doing so causes? Can it wait, can you ride another section instead?

Edit:

Zac, I am not whining, I am trying to be an advocate of a fun and happy Baja experience for everyone... That 1973 section of the highway was NOT designed for bikes to ride on. (period).

I do believe that 40 YEAR OLD SIGN says it all!:lol:

MMc - 1-27-2014 at 09:18 PM

You guys don't get it!!! The folks riding the road don't read this site....... You will never understand their point of view. Complaining about it on this board is wasting time and preaching to the believers, This was going a week ago. Time to move on, we have this talk about this time every year.
Goat, when was the last time you drove more then 100 miles south? I don't think you go to Baja at all anymore? A point of view on a place you don't go to does not count. At lease DK go's south a couple times per year, not enough to justify his postings but he goes.

mtgoat666 - 1-27-2014 at 09:20 PM

Quote:

You break the law and lack common consideration for the public, that's why you are a menace to pedestrians, cows, dogs, children, bicyclists,... Anybody is in danger when your selfish self leaves the driveway!

Share the road! You don't own it! Your right to use the road does not trump everyone else's right to use the road!

Bajaboy - 1-27-2014 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Edit:

David, I must be slow tonight....I don't see where on the sign it says that bikes are forbidden on the highway. I do notice that its says not to drive fast.

msawin - 1-27-2014 at 09:27 PM

I am a menace. . You do not even know who I am.

What a shame. Rest in peace.

mtgoat666 - 1-27-2014 at 09:40 PM

[Edited on 1-28-2014 by BajaNomad]

bajadogs - 1-27-2014 at 09:54 PM

I messed up the quotes in the reply so it is easier for me to answer DK's question (s)

DK: Can you answer the simple question?

BAJADOGS: I already answered it on the first page of this thread. Pay attention.

DK: Seems most here get it... you do like to single my replies out, I notice...???

BAJADOGS: I hadn't noticed.

DK: The highway is being widened, but in the sections that are still only 19' wide with NO shoulder and a cliff or drop-off, it is dangerous to ride your bike. Would you let your children ride on it?

BAJADOGS: No. There are too many careless drivers who don't pay attention.

DK: Now we have a confirmed fatality... Is insisting on some 'right' to be on the highway worth the pain, torment and death doing so causes?

BAJADOGS: WOW!! It IS a right. A vast majority of bicyclist I've safely passed are residents of Baja riding to and from work/school/shopping. Nobody is insisting on anything, they are just trying to make a living. Speaking of pain torment and death, did you spectate the Baja1000 again?

DK: Can it wait, can you ride another section instead?

BAJADOGS: That's a 2-question run-on. I don't ride a bicycle on the 1. Pay attention.

Please answer one question for me DavidK. What is the easiest to pass and why; a slow RV towing a Tacoma, a herd of cows (or goats or horses or donkeys), a broken down trailer carrying a boat, or a bicycle?

That's just one question.

güero - 1-27-2014 at 10:38 PM

Wow, I missed most of this post and probably won't go back and read it all but if you want my thoughts, which I'm sure most of you don't, here are a few of them: Riding a bicycle on Highway 1 down or up the Baja is not a sharp idea, especially taking a child with you like I passed a week ago. Riding a bicycle anywhere is dangerous and if the other vehicles on the road are going 50 plus miles per hour without a shoulder, don't go there. What do I know though, I quit riding a bicycle years ago when it seemed like it was getting to risky. I agree with David and the rest that say the highway was not built for bicycles, it was built for motorized vehicles going north and south.

BornFisher - 1-27-2014 at 11:33 PM

Hey guys who live in a fantasy world---Highway 1 is full of bad drivers. It will take many martyrs to change that. Keep advocating if you feel the need, but remember to always let someone else die for your cause.

wessongroup - 1-28-2014 at 01:04 PM

BIKING ON THE ROAD

Ride to the Right, But Within Limits - When riding slower than the normal speed of traffic, you are required to ride as far right as “practicable” (meaning safe). You are not required to ride as far right as possible, which may not be safe. You are allowed, but not required, to ride on the shoulder. CVC 21202, CVC 21650, CVC 21650.1

Take the Lane - If a travel lane is too narrow to safely share side by side with a motor vehicle, you can prevent unsafe passing by riding near the center of the lane. On two-lane roads where it’s illegal or unsafe to pass, you must turn off the roadway at a designated or safe location to allow a line of 5 or more vehicles behind you to pass. CVC 21202 (a)(3), CVC 21656

Good luck with this :biggrin::biggrin:

will only say, that when around 14 .... riding a bike was about the same as cutting one's throat ... from a "social" standpoint ... just saying

[Edited on 1-28-2014 by wessongroup]

DavidE - 1-28-2014 at 03:28 PM

Pants Color: Coffee

Shirt Color: Gray

Bike Color: Black

Outcome: Darwin

10. Practice kindness:

joerover - 1-30-2014 at 01:11 PM

10. Practice kindness:

Dr. Leon James, a.k.a. "Dr. Driving" and author of Road Rage and Aggressive Driving, says that remembering simple courtesies, like allowing someone to merge or apologizing when we make a mistake, can go a long way in making the driving experience positive for ourselves and others. His basic motto is the old "do unto others" rule: Treat fellow drivers how you would like to be treated. As additional incentive, reducing your aggressiveness on the road can also keep you out of serious trouble: Several states have created special law enforcement teams to seek out and cite aggressive drivers. Depending on the frequency of offenses, violators may be fined, lose their license temporarily or even face jail time. Often, they are required to take a behavior-modification class as well.

We're all bound to lose our cool at some point, but by planning ahead and keeping things in perspective, we can prevent our emotions from getting the best of us. Putting aggressive driving in park will help to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of everyone around you.

Dr. Leon James, a.k.a. "Dr. Driving" and author of Road Rage and Aggressive Driving, says that remembering simple courtesies, like allowing someone to merge or apologizing when we make a mistake, can go a long way in making the driving experience positive for ourselves and others. His basic motto is the old "do unto others" rule: Treat fellow drivers how you would like to be treated. As additional incentive, reducing your aggressiveness on the road can also keep you out of serious trouble: Several states have created special law enforcement teams to seek out and cite aggressive drivers. Depending on the frequency of offenses, violators may be fined, lose their license temporarily or even face jail time. Often, they are required to take a behavior-modification class as well.

We're all bound to lose our cool at some point, but by planning ahead and keeping things in perspective, we can prevent our emotions from getting the best of us. Putting aggressive driving in park will help to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of everyone around you.

[Edited on 1-30-2014 by joerover]

road rage "involves a criminal act of violence

joerover - 1-30-2014 at 01:13 PM

Top 10 Tips To Prevent Road Rage

Republished: 05/12/2009 (Original Date: 04/14/2006)

Email Print Save
COMMENTS (2)
Recently, a roadside billboard showed an infuriated driver screaming at the car ahead of her while her toddler observed from the backseat. The tag line said, "She learns by watching you."

Like most people, I figured the anti-road rage advertisement didn't apply to me. I'm a decent, courteous driver, right? Yet it was only a few minutes before I found myself shouting "Go, lady!" at the driver in front of me, who took more than 3 seconds to react to a green light. As if on cue, my 5-year-old in the backseat said, "Beep at her, Mama!" Was I on my way to becoming a member of the "road rage club"? How is road rage different from good old "aggressive driving," anyway?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that road rage "involves a criminal act of violence, whereas aggressive driving can range from tailgating to speeding to running red lights." The number of deaths related to road rage is difficult to track, but NHTSA estimates that aggressive driving accounts for about one-third of all crashes and about two-thirds of the resulting fatalities.

Increasingly congested roadways are a growing source of driver frustration, but studies suggest the real root of aggressive driving lies within each of us. Drivers can cope by taking an honest look at their driving behavior and attempting to reduce their stress level behind the wheel.

1. Get your Zs.

A national epidemic of sleepiness is a contributing factor to road rage, according to the National Sleep Foundation. We all know how cranky we get without enough sleep. It makes us prone to feelings of annoyance, resentment and even anger. Eight hours is still the recommended daily dose of sleep for adults.

2. Plan ahead.

Do you regularly whiz through your morning routine in a whirlwind of chaos, trying to make up time while on the road? Do you allow just enough time to drive to an appointment? Then you're probably also more prone to a lead foot and a lost temper. If you add 10 minutes to your expected travel time, you'll have time to stop for gas, safely navigate those snowy roads or detour around road construction. Also, try preparing clothing, briefcases, children's school bags and lunches the night before to minimize your morning rush. Extra time equals calmer driving.

3. Your car is not a therapist.

Many of us love and identify with our cars (part of why Edmunds.com launched CarSpace), but sometimes you can take the "car as extension of self" idea too seriously. If your boss or your spouse left you steaming, take care not to use driving as a way to blow off steam. Competitive types (you know who you are) shouldn't try to prove themselves on heavily traveled thoroughfares — save that enthusiasm for weekend romps on your favorite back roads. No matter how much power you've got under the hood, your vehicle is first and foremost a mode of transportation, not a weapon.

4. Turn down the bass.

Without getting into the argument over "aggressive music makes people aggressive," it makes sense that listening to relaxing music — or even a comedy channel on satellite radio — will make you less pumped up for action than a driving bass line. Try tuning in to classical or jazz to reduce stress. Or listen to an audiobook. (Here are our Top 10 Audiobooks to get you started.) Either way will also help drown out stressful traffic noise.

5. Loosen up, then breathe:

If you notice yourself clenching the steering wheel in a death grip, try flexing your fingers and loosening your hold — you'll find that you can control the car just as well. If your right foot is cramped, set the cruise control if traffic allows. If you're on a prolonged road trip, try not to exceed three hours of travel time without a break where you get out and stretch. Struggling to see through a dirty windshield is also an unnecessary stress factor, so fill up with washer fluid before you go. Periodically roll down the window and breathe deeply and slowly.

6. It's not about you.

Perhaps another driver cut you off. Or the car in front of you is braking erratically. Before you assume the driver is getting off on your rising anger levels, realize that you, as an individual, are not the target. Perhaps the driver simply made a mistake or was just being oblivious. Maybe there's a screaming baby, a loose pet or a crazed bee in the car. Maybe he was on a cell phone. The point is, don't take things so personally.

7. Hostility is toxic. And risky.

People most prone to anger are almost three times more likely to have a heart attack than those with low anger, according to the American Psychological Association. Other health risks seen in those who display hostility include obesity, depression and stroke. Wow, who knew? Safe driving promotes healthy hearts! Not only will giving into anger not resolve an irritating situation, it can increase the risk of retaliation. Think to yourself, "Is making my point worth endangering my life?" If all else fails, do a mental 180 and try to laugh it off.

8. Use restaurant etiquette.

While it's upsetting when a stranger is rude or cuts in line in a restaurant or store, most folks wouldn't lose their cool and become abusive as a result. It isn't only because they have good manners. Driving a car makes people feel more isolated and protected, allowing them to act in ways they would normally find embarrassing. So when another driver acts like a jerk, respond as though you're in a restaurant. And we don't mean Chuck E. Cheese's.

9. Take the self-test.

Classes designed to help curb aggressive driving often have participants tape-record themselves while driving. Hearing themselves swear or rant on tape is enough of a wake-up call for them to recognize and reduce dangerous behavior. So try analyzing your driving. Do any of the following statements sound like you?

- I regularly exceed the speed limit in order to get to work on time.
- I tailgate other drivers, especially those who sit in the left lane.
- I flash my lights and honk my horn to let drivers know when they annoy me.
- I verbally abuse other drivers whether they can hear me or not.
- I frequently weave in and out of traffic to get ahead.
- I feel the need to set bad drivers straight.

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, your driving may qualify as aggressive. The American Institute for Public Safety (AIPS) has a more detailed RoadRageous Test that determines if your driving habits fall under the "aggressive zone," "hostile zone" or — worse yet — "war zone."

10. Practice kindness:

hit the brakes

joerover - 1-30-2014 at 01:21 PM

[img]http://http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/pics/docs/00/01/35/53/small/2014-0116_0547.JPG?v=2[/img]

some body cut and paste this photo

maybe the pill poppers will hit the brakes if they remember that kids ride bikes

mtgoat666 - 1-30-2014 at 01:52 PM

slow down
share the road
be nice

peace out!

joerover - 2-2-2014 at 10:19 AM

when you see a bicyce

HIT THE BRAKES

1,000,0000 mile driver decribes why I alwas say HIT THE BRAKES

joerover - 2-2-2014 at 02:54 PM

[[I owned and drove a 18 wheel truck several million miles. I have heard all that tough talk and have been guilty of the same and can tell you from personal experience when it comes
HIT THE BRAKES
right down to the wire you don't know how you will react.
HIT THE BRAKES
For me I cant ever remember the reaction being a consensuses decision.[[
HIT THE BRAKES
when you see a bike
HIT THE BRAKES

[[As to the video there are people out there in those 80 Thousand pound Rigs on the Snow and Ice that don't have 48 hrs. driving tine and no experience driving on snow and ice That's the scary part[[
HIT THE BRAKES
decide to hit the brakes now
you wont have time to think on the road
HIT THE BRAKES

brother drives slow to keep little sister safe

joerover - 2-2-2014 at 02:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As_w362XejU

save a life
when you see a bicycle
HIT THE BRAKES

or

no more music

Barry A. - 2-2-2014 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joerover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As_w362XejU

save a life
when you see a bicycle
HIT THE BRAKES

or

no more music

It's having to "hit the brakes" that is most annoying, especially when you have to hit them really hard. You guys must feel if you repeat it enough times that we will take it to heart???? Won't work, but nice try.

Barry

mtgoat666 - 2-2-2014 at 05:50 PM

Slow down!
Share the road!

Go Seahawks!

Barry A. - 2-2-2014 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Slow down!
Share the road!

Go Seahawks!

Legal Marijuana is taking it's toll!!!! Barry

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2014 at 02:06 PM

http://paseociclista.com/

slow down, share the road, make a difference!

p.s. Seahawks rule!

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2014 at 02:14 PM

slow down
share the road

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by mtgoat666]

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2014 at 02:57 PM

PATCO Pan American Cup Triathlon to be in La Paz on March 22. All those lycra-clad bodies will be clogging up the narrow roads you delusionally believe to be yours!
Put down your cell phone, and watch out!

Hope to see a lot of pink jerseys from the club Ellas En Bici La Paz Bcs

slow down!
share the road!

Barry A. - 2-3-2014 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
PATCO Pan American Cup Triathlon to be in La Paz on March 22. All those lycra-clad bodies will be clogging up the narrow roads you delusionally believe to be yours!
Put down your cell phone, and watch out!

Hope to see a lot of pink jerseys from the club Ellas En Bici La Paz Bcs

slow down!
share the road!

Best not to even leave your house when THOSE are going on!!!

Plan ahead!
Don't compete!

Barry

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by Barry A.]

joerover - 2-3-2014 at 05:18 PM

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/March-201...

The final reason is the lack of animosity. In most American cities, there is a certain group of drivers who actively resent the encroachment of cyclists onto “their” roads. These guys will deliberately make cyclists’ lives miserable, simply for being on the road. They will cut in front of you, honk their horns to try and scare you, or spray you with windshield cleaning fluid (I’m not the kind of cyclist to key someone’s car or bash their windows with a U-lock, but I was pretty close with the windshield wiper guy). I think that this attitude is only possible because American roads are so pleasant to drive on and American drivers so law-abiding–in Tbilisi, the average driver has to contend with so many things getting in their way that anyone who flew into a frothing rage at the slightest infringement on “their” patch of pavement would get arrested instantly. Once again, chaos makes for safer biking–rather than an “intruder” into the automobile’s rightful domain, drivers view cyclists as simply another obstacle to be avoided.

BigOly - 2-3-2014 at 05:25 PM

This thread has turned childish, not child-like.
A hummer watching the bikes go bye.

joerover - 2-3-2014 at 05:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S...

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2014 at 05:52 PM

more than a few nomads would benefit from biking:

yes we can!
slow down!
share the road!

ban the bomb!

peace out!

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by BajaNomad]

willardguy - 2-3-2014 at 05:56 PM

hey the puppydog guy has said the same thing 32 times now! I think he's going after our own "mapman"s record!:lol:

joerover - 2-3-2014 at 05:59 PM

people with brain tumors have depleted gray matter

that means broken brain

when you see a bicycle hit the brakes save a life

if you were a smart complete brain guy, I woud not need to repeat

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2014 at 06:01 PM

hummers love biking.
hummers slow down and share the road

mtgoat666 - 2-4-2014 at 11:21 AM

Paseo Ciclista del Desierto 2 de marzo del 2014

http://youtu.be/ZhTaFlvVW9s

when you see a bike HIT THE BRAKES save a childs life

joerover - 2-4-2014 at 02:43 PM

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pubs/811767.pdf

Children
In 2011, there were 61 million children age 14 and younger in the United States, 20
percent of the total U.S. resident population in 2011.
Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for children age 4 and
every age 11 through 14 (based on 2009 figures, which are the latest mortality data
currently available from the National Center for Health Statistics).
During 2011, there were a total of 32,367 traffic fatalities in the United States. The
14-and-younger age group accounted for 1,140 (4%) of those traffic fatalities, which
is a 6-percent decrease from the 1,211 fatalities in 2010. In 2011, there were 171,000
children age 14 and younger injured, which remained the same as in 2010.
An average of 3 children age 14 and younger were killed and 469 were injured
every day in the United States in motor vehicle crashes during 2011. From 2002
to 2011, the number of fatalities in the 14-and-younger age group decreased by 46
percent, with the 8- to 14-year-old age group showing the largest decrease (49%)
(see Figure 1).
Figure 1
Traffic Fatalities Among Children Age 14 and Younger, by Age Group,
2002–2011
8–14 Years Old
4–7 Years Old
1–3 Years Old
<1 Year Old
2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Number of Fatalities
In the 14-and-younger age group, males accounted for 56 percent of the fatalities
and 52 percent of those injured in motor vehicle crashes during 2011.

save a life HIT THE BRAKES when you see a bicycle

joerover - 2-4-2014 at 02:51 PM

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811743.pdf

Total and Pedalcyclist Traffic Fatalities and Fatality Rates by State, 2011
State Total Traffic Fatalities
Resident Population
(thousands) Pedalcyclist Fatalities Percent of Total
Pedalcyclist Fatalities
per Million Population
Alabama 894 4,803 5 0.6 1.04
Alaska 72 723 2 2.8 2.77
Arizona 825 6,483 23 2.8 3.55
Arkansas 549 2,938 6 1.1 2.04
California 2,791 37,692 114 4.1 3.02
Colorado 447 5,117 8 1.8 1.56
Connecticut 220 3,581 8 3.6 2.23
Delaware 99 907 0 0 0
Dist of Columbia 27 618 1 3.7 1.62
Florida 2,398 19,058 125 5.2 6.56
Georgia 1,223 9,815 14 1.1 1.43
Hawaii 100 1,375 2 2.0 1.45
Idaho 167 1,585 0 0 0
Illinois 918 12,869 27 2.9 2.10
Indiana 750 6,517 11 1.5 1.69
Iowa 360 3,062 5 1.4 1.63
Kansas 386 2,871 2 0.5 0.70
Kentucky 721 4,369 2 0.3 0.46
Louisiana 675 4,575 18 2.7 3.93
Maine 136 1,328 0 0 0
Maryland 485 5,828 5 1.0 0.86
Massachusetts 337 6,588 5 1.5 0.76
Michigan 889 9,876 24 2.7 2.43
Minnesota 368 5,345 5 1.4 0.94
Mississippi 630 2,979 7 1.1 2.35
Missouri 784 6,011 1 0.1 0.17
Montana 209 998 1 0.5 1.00
Nebraska 181 1,843 2 1.1 1.09
Nevada 246 2,723 4 1.6 1.47
New Hampshire 90 1,318 4 4.4 3.03
New Jersey 627 8,821 17 2.7 1.93
New Mexico 353 2,082 4 1.1 1.92
New York 1,169 19,465 57 4.9 2.93
North Carolina 1,227 9,656 25 2.0 2.59
North Dakota 148 684 1 0.7 1.46
Ohio 1,016 11,545 16 1.6 1.39
Oklahoma 696 3,792 1 0.1 0.26
Oregon 331 3,872 15 4.5 3.87
Pennsylvania 1,286 12,743 11 0.9 0.86
Rhode Island 66 1,051 0 0 0
South Carolina 828 4,679 15 1.8 3.21
South Dakota 111 824 1 0.9 1.21
Tennessee 946 6,403 5 0.5 0.78
Texas 3,016 25,675 43 1.4 1.67
Utah 240 2,817 5 2.1 1.77
Vermont 55 626 0 0 0
Virginia 764 8,097 6 0.8 0.74
Washington 457 6,830 11 2.4 1.61
West Virginia 337 1,855 0 0 0
Wisconsin 582 5,712 12 2.1 2.10
Wyoming 135 568 1 0.7 1.76
U.S. Total 32,367 311,592 677 2.1 2.17
Puerto Rico 359 3,707 7 1.9 1.89
Sources: Fatalities — Fatality Analysis Reporting System, NHTSA. Population — Bureau of the Census.

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by joerover]

[Edited on 2-4-2014 by joerover]

joerover - 2-4-2014 at 02:55 PM

Alcohol involvement
was reported in more
than 37 percent of
all fatal pedalcyclist
crashes in 2011.

joerover - 2-4-2014 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
hummers love biking.
hummers slow down and share the road
hummers hit the brakes and save lives

save the bicycle babe HIT THE BRAKES

joerover - 2-5-2014 at 05:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcljNRaH8X4&feature=youtu...

mtgoat666 - 2-8-2014 at 09:09 PM

Message for you bicyclists:
Remember only God can judge ya
Forget the haters 'cause somebody loves ya

Message for you haters:
Slow down
Share the road

Peace out!

Ateo - 2-8-2014 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Message for you bicyclists:
Remember only God can judge ya

Peace out!

Any proof that god exists?

:lol:

Ateo

captkw - 2-8-2014 at 09:19 PM

Sure,, but you spelled it backwards !!

aguachico - 2-8-2014 at 10:11 PM

I find it interesting in my travels how there are locals walking and riding mex1 in the towns north of san quintin. What I notice is that when i approach them from behind and they are riding a bike, they will yield, stop or ride off the road. They do especially when other vehicles are coming in the other direction.

to the cyclist on mex1.

1. be visible.
2. be aware of the situation.
3. don't be the cause of a traffic accident.
4. If you are on the road at the same point where two other vehicles are to your left, stop and get off the road when possible.
5. share the road
6. respect the larger heavier vehicle.

Don't win the argument of who has the right of way with your life.

For gods sake !!

captkw - 2-8-2014 at 10:35 PM

Lets get real here,,Only a fool,,idiot, would ride a bike down the Baja road !! Its NOT a hwy or Autobaun...this is past stupid crazy...End of Posting !! get on a bike and ride from TJ to Cabo and put 1000's of car drivers at stake...The road was made for cars and to help the the folks of BCN & SUR !!! Simple fact !! its called commerce...DOUG,,PLease hit the END button on this BS ...riding a bike in your local town to go get food/beer is a whole different story than putting ads out in a travel/bike mag and getting paid from a yuppie to explore the wilds of Baja !!!! any FOOL that responds in the favor of bikes on the road in BAJA shows that they are Idiots and do not respond to them as they don't have a clue !!!We all want to have freedom and a good time !! But,, riding this small road,,far away from medical help and with no shoulder puts us sane and working (truckers) folks in a very bad situation !!! GOAT,& Joerover<<<,For every mile,(km) you have driven I have driven a thousand !! without question !! ! and IMO go get on a bike and knock yourself OUT!!!...K&T:cool:

[Edited on 2-9-2014 by captkw]

[Edited on 2-9-2014 by captkw]

mtgoat666 - 2-9-2014 at 12:31 AM

Slow down
Share the road

Do onto others as you would have them do unto you

Don't be selfish

Mean people suck

Peace out!

willardguy - 2-9-2014 at 12:36 AM

im thinking the goat and the puppydog are one in the same? anyone ever seen them together at a party:?:

mtgoat666 - 2-9-2014 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
im thinking the goat and the puppydog are one in the same? anyone ever seen them together at a party:?:

Lizard boy:
As usual, you think wrong!

Slow down
Share the road

Look for the union label!

Peace out!

DENNIS - 2-9-2014 at 08:50 AM

http://tinyurl.com/mtavcjh
 Pages:  1    3