BajaNomad

Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after Car Crash

Pages:  1  2    4  

capt. mike - 12-12-2009 at 09:57 AM

tigger woody...what a phoney baloney idiot. deserves 100% of what comes his way.
where was his supposedly great father when it was time to teach morals and ethics along with forcing a kiddie golf club in his hand when he was 2 years old for the Mike douglas show??

he's a turd who'll be forgiven forgotten for his ills and repolished just like Kobe and all the other slimey celebs.

Another Government Takeover ?

MrBillM - 12-12-2009 at 10:14 AM

Given the reported effect this will have on the Sports Industry, retail sales and the current trends in DC, perhaps the Administration will takeover Management of Tiger on the premise that his collapse will have a "Systemic" effect on the economy.

They can add it to the total number of Jobs "Saved" listed on recovery.gov. Using their math, it could bump the total another 50,000 or so.

CaboRon - 12-12-2009 at 10:41 AM

LONDON (AP)—Tiger Woods’ decision to take “an indefinite break” to repair his marriage was greeted with surprise, bemusement and even relief Saturday as golfers, fans and commentators contemplated the immediate future of a sport without its biggest draw.

John Daly sympathized as the worldwide media continued to pile up accusations of infidelity, Annika Sorenstam lamented a family tragedy and Colin Montgomerie noted dryly that golf’s big prizes just became a little more accessible.

These are tumultuous times for golf after Friday’s announcement by its No. 1 player that he is taking time out following two weeks of allegations of extramarital affairs. Woods and his wife, Elin, have been married five years and have a 2-year-old daughter and a 10-month-old son

AP - Dec 12, 1:24 am EST Golf Gallery “There was an aura, and that wall, if you like, has been split slightly,” said Montgomerie, Europe’s 2010 Ryder Cup captain. “There are cracks, and I feel that it gives us more opportunity of winning these big events now.”

Next year could have been one of the biggest in Woods’ career, with three of the four majors played at courses on which he has triumphed by large margins.

Instead, golf is preparing for another spell without its biggest superstar. Woods’ absence from the PGA Tour for much of last season because of reconstructive knee surgery led to a drop in television ratings of 50 percent.

“Indefinite is a scary word,” former U.S. Open champion Geoff Ogilvy said. “That’s not good for us. But I’m sure he’ll get it worked out.”

Woods so far seems intent on doing so without help from his fellow professionals.

“He just didn’t want to talk to anybody,” Daly said at the Australian PGA on Saturday. “I’m in shock over it all, a lot of our players are in shock. I’m not happy with the way some of our players have responded—that’s their way of getting back because they know they can’t beat him at golf.

“They always say there is no one bigger in golf than the game itself. But Tiger is.”

Craig Parry was finishing his third round at the Australian PGA when he heard about Woods’ decision to step aside.

A friend of Woods who lives nearby in Windermere, Fla., Parry played alongside him for the first two rounds of last month’s Australian Masters in Melbourne—Woods’ final tournament before his car crash and subsequent accusations of infidelity.

“What he did was totally wrong,” Parry said. “And he’s got no one to blame except himself. You can look at other people, but he’s the one who’s got to look in the mirror.”

And in the newspapers, Saturday brought a fresh round of headlines all over the world.

Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport featured a cartoon showing a golf bag containing six bare female legs in high heels and two clubs.

German tabloid Bild continued to print salacious details of the scandal, but added on its Web site that it hoped “Tiger is as successful as on the golf course” as he tries to repair his marriage.

“For years to come he will be a figure of fun to comedians great and small,” said Peter Allis, the BBC’s chief golf commentator for more than 30 years. “We were told for years that his father stood by the side of the green throwing pebbles in buckets of water, shouting and blowing whistles to make him oblivious to all these noises.

“Now we have to see how strong his mind is.”

Although Michelle Wie refused to comment at the Dubai Ladies Masters on what she said was a private matter for Woods, former top-ranked LPGA star Sorenstam told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet she was saddened by the news.

“I think this whole thing is tragic,” she said. “We used to train together, but both myself and Tiger have been very busy lately and therefore haven’t seen, or heard from each other as frequently.”

Daly, who has been married four times, cautioned Woods and his wife, Elin, to remain together for the right reason. He said Woods should consider a television interview to limit damage to his image.

“If I was him, I’d go to Oprah, I would get on her show, tell the truth and it doesn’t matter what the media say any more, because it’s all out in the open,” Daly said.

Veteran British publicist Max Clifford agreed.

“Hopefully he can go on something like Oprah, maybe even with his wife, to show that they’re making a real go of it,” Clifford said. “The clever move would be for him to say, ‘I’m coming back when Elin tells me the time is right.”’

For now, Woods is communicating publicly only through carefully worded statements on his Web site.

Earlier this year, he became the first athlete to surpass $1 billion in career earnings, according to Forbes magazine. His sponsors include Nike, Gillette, AT&T, Gatorade and Tag Heuer.

Nike, which signed a multiyear contract with Woods in 2006, is standing by the player.

“He is the best golfer in the world and one of the greatest athletes of his era,” Nike spokeswoman Beth Gast said in a statement. “We look forward to his return to golf. He and his family have Nike’s full support.”

And it isn’t just golfers who are thinking about Woods.

“One thing people don’t understand is that we’re human,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said in Miami. “You’re not born with a menu on how not to do things wrong. You’re going to make mistakes like every human being. It’s just unfortunate that you’re in the public eye so much and a lot of people get hurt by it.”

Bobcats forward Stephen Jackson wished Woods the best.

“Sometimes you just got to take time out to reflect on what’s more important, and that’s family,” he said after Charlotte’s 104-85 loss in San Antonio.

AP Sports Writer Dennis Passa in Coolum, Australia, AP Sports Writer Andrew Dampf in Rome, AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami and Associated Press Writer Paul J. Weber in San Antonio contributed to this report.

Al Sharpton Replies

CaboRon - 12-12-2009 at 10:51 AM

Race Pimp Al Sharpton Blasts Tiger Woods for Lack of Mistress Diversity
The Rev. Al Sharpton held a press conference today to blast Tiger Woods for the lack of diversity among his mistresses. Sharpton claims that the lack of African-American women among Woods’ harem will have a negative affect on the black community, specifically young black girls.

“Why is it that a man who calls himself black can’t bring himself to cheat on his wife with a black woman?” said Sharpton, speaking to a group of supporters in Harlem. “What does it say to young black girls everywhere when you pass them over? Shame on you, Tiger Woods. What would your daddy say?”

Sharpton, who has long championed taking black women as mistresses, said that today’s black athletes need to stop neglecting black women when it comes to extramarital affairs, and should follow the examples of positive black role models such as Jesse Jackson and Martin Luther King, Jr., both of whom cheated on their wives with black women. Sharpton also stressed that cheating with African-American women would help the black community financially by giving black girls the chance to sell their stories to tabloids and gossip magazines.

Added Sharpton, “I’m not asking you to not cheat on your wives, I’m just asking you to give back to your own community.”

TBcountry - 12-12-2009 at 10:59 AM

“What he did was totally wrong,” Parry said. “And he’s got no one to blame except himself. You can look at other people, but he’s the one who’s got to look in the mirror.”
So very true! This has been going on from the beginning of time. Men of power and money(and millions without that) have had affairs, mistresses and whatever. Lets not forget Tiger is still a very young man, 34, who has, I'm sure, thousands of females flocking over him where ever he goes. Can any of us REALLY admit we would have never done the same he has done??? Lets give him a break and let he and his wife get their lives back in order, whatever that will be. I for one am tired of all the bashing. There are many more important things going on in this world than worrying about how many women Tiger slept with

Priceless

Dave - 12-12-2009 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Race Pimp Al Sharpton Blasts Tiger Woods for Lack of Mistress Diversity
The Rev. Al Sharpton held a press conference today to blast Tiger Woods for the lack of diversity among his mistresses. Sharpton claims that the lack of African-American women among Woods’ harem will have a negative affect on the black community, specifically young black girls.

“Why is it that a man who calls himself black can’t bring himself to cheat on his wife with a black woman?” said Sharpton, speaking to a group of supporters in Harlem. “What does it say to young black girls everywhere when you pass them over? Shame on you, Tiger Woods. What would your daddy say?”

Sharpton, who has long championed taking black women as mistresses, said that today’s black athletes need to stop neglecting black women when it comes to extramarital affairs, and should follow the examples of positive black role models such as Jesse Jackson and Martin Luther King, Jr., both of whom cheated on their wives with black women. Sharpton also stressed that cheating with African-American women would help the black community financially by giving black girls the chance to sell their stories to tabloids and gossip magazines.

Added Sharpton, “I’m not asking you to not cheat on your wives, I’m just asking you to give back to your own community.”

Where did you get this...from the Onion?

TBcountry - 12-12-2009 at 11:18 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ken Bondy - 12-12-2009 at 11:22 AM

CaboRon that is BRILLIANT!!! Hilarious.

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TBcountry
Lets give him a break and let he and his wife get their lives back in order, whatever that will be. I for one am tired of all the bashing. There are many more important things going on in this world than worrying about how many women Tiger slept with

I'll quit when he quits. So far he hasn't given any indication that he will. This one's right up there with catching Obama "flagrante delicto." [has anybody heard anything yet?]
Anyway, what's more important than trashing somebody who thinks he's above decency and fidelity?

wessongroup - 12-12-2009 at 11:32 AM

Glad to see Rev Sharpton getting a little press, he's been way to quite since Obama took the stage.. good to see him getting out again.. his balanced thoughts on race are a welcome break from the "norm" ..:biggrin::biggrin:

Tiger Playing the Lay

MrBillM - 12-12-2009 at 11:41 AM

Making a momentary stop at CNN's Headline News last night, I stumbled across a discussion featuring Jane Velez-Mitchell and two Male Commentators.

Jane, who was pursuing a "Tiger is BAD, BAD, BAD" and the women are victims view, was challenged with the assertion that the Women were as much to be criticized as Woods since they KNEW he was married and (in some cases) coupled in HIS (and his Wife's) Home. JV-M was having NONE of that saying that "Tiger was the one breaking his marriage vows, not them. THEY weren't doing anything wrong".

It's all in your point of view, I guess.

Stickers - 12-12-2009 at 11:48 AM

I don't think Tiger Woods would have achieved such prominence in his golf career without the addition of 'hot babes' and the exhilaration, satisfaction and hormones from his catin around.

I also feel that he is a supreme a** h*** for getting married and having the arrogance to think that he could get away with it and crushing his lovely wife and familly.

The Gull - 12-12-2009 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Making a momentary stop at CNN's Headline News last night, I stumbled across a discussion featuring Jane Velez-Mitchell and two Male Commentators.

Jane, who was pursuing a "Tiger is BAD, BAD, BAD" and the women are victims view, was challenged with the assertion that the Women were as much to be criticized as Woods since they KNEW he was married and (in some cases) coupled in HIS (and his Wife's) Home. JV-M was having NONE of that saying that "Tiger was the one breaking his marriage vows, not them. THEY weren't doing anything wrong".

It's all in your point of view, I guess.

Jane Velez-Mitchell is just peeed she was not one of them.

Yes, the ****puppies who spread their legs and lips for Tiger's wood are completely culpable for each of his "indiscretions". To say otherwise is just another indication of the dual moral standard that Americans confuse with actually having moral standards.

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by The Gull]

Correct

Dave - 12-12-2009 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
"Tiger was the one breaking his marriage vows, not them. THEY weren't doing anything wrong".

Tiger signed a marriage contract. He alone is responsible.

TBcountry - 12-12-2009 at 11:52 AM

"Anyway, what's more important than trashing somebody who thinks he's above decency and fidelity?"

Wow Dennis so judgmental and for you to know Tigers inner most thoughts?? And here I thought there is only ONE who knows all. Merry CHRISTmas

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Wow Dennis so judgmental and for you to know Tigers inner most thoughts?? And here I thought there is only ONE who knows all. Merry CHRISTmas

Public personalities are open to public criticism, especially when they deserve it. He not only violated his oath but, violated a common perception of that oath. He's not the only one who ever swore fidelity and not the only one to break it. He's no better or worse than any other man or woman who broke a promise.

"You're only as good as your word"

Tiger isn't a very good person, is he.

TBcountry - 12-12-2009 at 12:41 PM

"He's not the only one who ever swore fidelity and not the only one to break it. He's no better or worse than any other man or woman who broke a promise."

You are very right!!!!!!

"Tiger isn't a very good person, is he. "

I would hate to imagine how many people you would say this about if all was known. Because he is a public personality we hear about it. How about the tens of thousands that do the same thing day in and day out. I'm pretty sure there are very few of us who ever lived that can say they NEVER broke a promise so does that mean there's not to many good people who have ever lived???

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
How about the tens of thousands that do the same thing day in and day out.

They arn't good people either and it's not my place to forgive.

vandenberg - 12-12-2009 at 01:13 PM

Anybody on this board who could qualify to cast the first stone.:?::?:

oldlady - 12-12-2009 at 01:21 PM

FORE !!!!!!!!!

Dave - 12-12-2009 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

You mean who kept their marriage vows?

I know of only one guy. The rest are probably lying. :rolleyes:

toneart - 12-12-2009 at 02:52 PM

Being an equal opportunity giver, the obscure youth that is somewhere deep down inside me is full of envy. :mad::rolleyes:

Of course, he hasn't recently experienced the luxury of vocalizing the shame that accompanies the transgressors who are exposed in that playground. :saint: It hardly (perhaps a poor choice of a word) seems fair. :no:

Alas (to borrow a Leonard Cohen line), "I ache in all the places where I used to play". :(

Tiger Cub takes a Break from the Strokes

MrBillM - 12-12-2009 at 04:34 PM

It was described earlier on the news as:

Tiger Pause.

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 04:37 PM

As far as the women not being guilty and it's all Tiger's sins.....

There's this little book that's been in print for a couple hundred years, most have heard about it, and a few have even read it. It has this short list of "strong suggestions",

#7 is- do not commit adultry

and #10 is-You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor-

Regardless of anyone's personal acceptance of what that book teaches, there are still standards of conduct of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

Definition of adultery from thefreedictionary.com

a·dul·ter·y (-dlt-r, -tr)
n. pl. a·dul·ter·ies
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

Sounds like a pretty good definition that I would bet 99% of folks would agree with.

edit- spelling...or would that be grammer?, thx Howodd

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by BajaNuts]

Diver - 12-12-2009 at 04:42 PM

Quote:

I'm qualified but don't throw stones.

Bajahowodd - 12-12-2009 at 04:46 PM

Actually, irregardless is a double negative. Regardless suffices.

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Actually, irregardless is a double negative. Regardless suffices.

Both are correct.

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 05:07 PM

From Merriam-Webster-

"Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
Pronunciation: \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
Date: circa 1912

nonstandard : regardless
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."

woody with a view - 12-12-2009 at 05:07 PM

now Playgirl has some fotos!

this guy is a total kook!

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
now Playgirl has some fotos!

this guy is a total kook!

photos of....:?::?::?:

and how would YOU know?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know, it was in an ARTICLE!:lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by BajaNuts]

Ken Bondy - 12-12-2009 at 05:09 PM

BajaNuts

Never could understand that #10 commandment:

"covet - to wish for earnestly <covet an award>"

What's wrong with coveting something? Doesn't that create ambition? If you covet your neighbor's livestock, doesn't that give you ambition to go out and get your own herd? I also think the big guy could have come up with something better than that for inclusion in the ten most important things ever written, like "don't molest children" for example. Fortunately I can't find the death penalty criteria for that one, as is required for working on the Sabbath and talking back to your parents. Glad those have gone out of style.

woody with a view - 12-12-2009 at 05:09 PM

apparently not of his hoochies! got it from fox news!

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 05:38 PM

Ken, would "covet" be different than "ambition"?

The definitions sound to me like coveting is wanting to get something without the desire to work for it and earn it by actions. To "wish" for it---

ambition-
1 a : an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power b : desire to achieve a particular end
2 : the object of ambition <her ambition is to start her own business>
3 : a desire for activity or exertion <felt sick and had no ambition>

Desiring something is a good thing if a person is willing to work for it, but if that person just wants to TAKE from someone who HAS.....

And I agree that there probably should be a #11 for the children. jmho~

What do you think?

Ken Bondy - 12-12-2009 at 06:06 PM

It could be taken that way BajaNuts. I can see that if you covet your neighbor's livestock, and that causes you to steal them from him/her, that is a bad thing. My biggest criticism of the commandments is the fact that the first four have nothing to do with morality, and the creator of the universe could certainly have come up with something better than "don't covet your neighbor's ass", regardless of how we interpret "covet".

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 06:23 PM

"Covet thy neighbors goods" has nothing to do with the goods themselves.
It's the base and wanton desire to have what belongs to another regardless of the commodity. It's that one's life will be enhanced by the possesion of another's property or thoughts.
It's a haven for those who can't think for themselves.

Tiger Woods, the Gift That Keeps on Giving

Gypsy Jan - 12-12-2009 at 06:31 PM

NFM (No Further Message)

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 06:37 PM

Do you think the "other" women were actually coveting...as in desiring to own/control the object(which would be the Woods), or were they just having a good time and feeling special to be noticed by such a celeb?

Either way, what is the feeling about the definition of adultery? Yes?No?

Schadenfreude

Gypsy Jan - 12-12-2009 at 06:40 PM

"Pleasure taken in the witnessing of the misery of others."

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

DENNIS - 12-12-2009 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts

Either way, what is the feeling about the definition of adultery? Yes?No?

What is your feeling?

BajaNuts - 12-12-2009 at 10:46 PM

This was in response to the posts that say it's all HIS fault cuz he's the one that was married.

I'm just fostering discussion..........Dennis, Yer up! Agree with that definition or not?

Next?

Not looking for an argument, just discussing......

woody with a view - 12-12-2009 at 11:53 PM

back in the day whence a girlfriend cheated i was tempted to beat the snot out of her new guy. after much deliberation (drinking) it was decided that she was wrong. dude had no idea what her story was.

every skank from here to Tiger's mom's birthplace knows his story. it's still up to him. he's committed, skank ain't!!!!

DENNIS - 12-13-2009 at 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts
This was in response to the posts that say it's all HIS fault cuz he's the one that was married.

I'm just fostering discussion..........Dennis, Yer up! Agree with that definition or not?

Next?

Not looking for an argument, just discussing......

I think "fault" must be assigned on an individual basis. This wasn't a group conspiracy and each participant acted as their morals dictated.
Is adultery a team sport? I doubt so.
Did Tiger betray a trust? Of course.
Did the skanks betray a trust? I don't know.
Should the skanks share his guilt? No. Why should they?

Nobody has asked if the skanks were married and betrayed their own trust but, they ain't nobody so who cares.

DENNIS - 12-13-2009 at 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Is a marriage contract only between the two partners?

That's the way I see it. How many names are on the license?

Quote:
If so, why are weddings held in public? Why do people wear wedding rings?

I thought public weddings were all about the party. Besides, what percentage of them are held in public?

Rings are nothing more than a sentmental ornament. They arn't mandatory.

oldlady - 12-13-2009 at 06:56 AM

I would think virtually all marriages are held in public. Most states that I have lived in require witnesses and the ceremony is a matter of public record.
There also used to be laws about alienation of affections providing for civil recourse by the spouse towards the interloper. If it's still on the books in Florida and I was Elin, I'd use a chunk of his money to sue them all. Break their little bank accounts defending themselves and go for every dime of royalties they get for any published material ever.

monoloco - 12-13-2009 at 07:19 AM

I'm thinking that this thread might have the potential to overtake the turtle bust thread. Who'd a thunk it?

DENNIS - 12-13-2009 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
I think you're simplifying.

I think you're dreaming, Larry. To which segment of society are you pronouncing your intentions toward fidelity?

oldlady - 12-13-2009 at 08:00 AM

You tweak a memory, lencho. I recall being at wedding or two where part of the ceremony was a statement to the guests/witnesses regarding their acceptance of responsibility to respect and support the marriage. Now, shame on me, I can't even remember which of the myriad of weddings I've been too where I implicitly agreed let alone fulfilled my responsibility.

Diver - 12-13-2009 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I think you're simplifying.

I think you're dreaming, Larry. To which segment of society are you pronouncing your intentions toward fidelity?

I believe it was something like "...foresaking all others..." and we pronounced these intentions to the 100 plus friends and family who attended along with anyone else who wanted to listen.

Kill Em ALL !

MrBillM - 12-13-2009 at 10:17 AM

Stoning would be GREAT, although TV would "Blur" the visual detials. It would still be great entertainment and that's what entertainers are for.

Woods Dead. No Losers. Wife and Kids set for life. People who watch Golf (whoever they are) will still have plenty of Players to Veg over.

AND, the ****s deserve whatever they get.for contributing to his family's pain and humiliation. No loss if they're gone, too. It's obvious there aren't any potential high-acheivers among them.

I'D throw the First Stone. Right at the Head.

As Tiger Woods' reputation sours, how will Tiger's Golf Course projects be affected?

BajaNews - 12-13-2009 at 12:18 PM

http://www.examiner.com/x-4732-Celebrity-Travel-Examiner~y20...

December 10
Trina Yannicos

As a result of numerous mistress allegations, Tiger Woods' popularity is taking a plunge. Commercials featuring Woods have disappeared from prime-time television, according to Nielsen. And yesterday, US congressman Joe Baca withdrew his proposal for a Bill to give Tiger Woods the Congressional Gold Medal for promoting good sportsmanship and breaking down barriers.

In a statement, Baca said, “In light of the recent developments surrounding Tiger Woods and his family, I will not pursue legislation awarding him the Congressional Gold Medal this session.” as reported by political website, The Hill.com.

One can only wonder how this damage to Tiger Woods' reputation will affect the progress of the three golf courses that Tiger Woods golf course design company, Tiger Woods Design, has in development.

Plans for Tiger Woods Dubai, the first Tiger Woods golf resort in the world, were announced in December 2006. In partnership with Tatweer, the Tiger Woods Dubai is described as "an exclusive golf community that will include ‘Al Ruwaya’, a Tiger Woods designed Golf Course, professionally-staffed golf academy; a 60,000-square-foot clubhouse with the latest amenities and comforts; an 80-suite boutique hotel for VIP guests; 300 luxury villas; 20 mansions and a community retail area."

Tiger Woods Dubai was originally scheduled to open by the end of 2009. However, due to the credit crunch and global economic crisis, it was reported earlier this year that the opening of Woods' Dubai golf resort had been pushed back to 2010 or possibly later.

Woods also has two other golf course projects in development. In November 2008, Tiger Woods Design announced its first golf course in the US to be created near Asheville, North Carolina at The Cliffs at High Carolina. Construction began this year and the grand opening is planned for Fall 2010.

Tiger Woods' first oceanfront golf course called Punta Brava is being planned in Ensenada, Mexico. Punta Brava, which is still in the design phase, has a tentative launch date of late 2010 or early 2011.

However, with the looming factors of the world's financial crisis, as seen with the Dubai project, coupled with the ongoing damage to Woods' brand and image, one can only speculate whether each of the three proposed Tiger Woods golf courses will be completed.

Cliffs: Tiger's Scandal Won't Affect Golf Course

BajaNews - 12-13-2009 at 12:20 PM

http://www.wyff4.com/news/21900012/detail.html

Cliffs Communities Relationship With Woods 'Unchanged'

December 8, 2009

ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The development of the first golf course in the United States designed by Tiger Woods’ design group will continue, despite the scandal that has made the pro golfer front page news.

Scott Ziegler, president of corporate branding for the Cliffs Communities, released a statement on Tuesday saying: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Woods' family as they deal with this personal and private family matter. Our relationship with Tiger Woods and our commitment to The Cliffs at High Carolina remains unchanged."

The site of The Cliffs at High Carolina is near Asheville. Woods has described the course, surrounded by residential homesites, as a "walkable, mountain course that takes advantage of the amazing views and varied landscape of the Blue Ridge Mountains."

Tiger Woods Design has two other golf course projects underway: Al Ruwaya in Dubai and Punta Brava in Ensenada, Mexico.

The High Carolina course plans its grand opening planned for the fall of 2010.

The Tiger Woods Design course is the centerpiece of The Cliffs at High Carolina, the eighth residential community in The Cliffs’ collection. Properties offered in the grand opening release at High Carolina were priced starting in the $500,000s to more than $3 million.

CaboRon - 12-13-2009 at 03:39 PM

Global consulting firm Accenture Ltd. has ended its relationship with Tiger Woods, marking the first major sponsor to cut ties altogether with the golfer since his alleged infidelities surfaced and he announced an indefinite leave from the sport to work on his marriage.

In its first statement since the Woods’ scandal erupted, Accenture said Sunday the golfer is “no longer the right representative” after the “circumstances of the last two weeks.” The move ends a six-year relationship during which the firm credited its “Go on, be a Tiger” campaign with boosting its image significantly. Accenture has used Woods to personify its claimed attributes of integrity and high performance.

AP - Dec 13, 4:08 pm EST Golf Gallery “After careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising,” Accenture said, adding that “it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family.”

The firm plans to immediately transition to a new advertising campaign, with a major effort scheduled to launch later in 2010. An Accenture spokeswoman said it is company policy not to discuss details of sponsorship contracts, including whether Woods’ deal contained a morals clause that would allow Accenture to end the contract without paying a break-up fee.

Accenture’s advertising campaign was almost entirely built around Woods and his success by portraying his greatness on the golf course by making a key putt or chipping out of the rough. If Woods had acknowledged mistakes and said he would be back in a month, Accenture might be able to ride it out, said Rick Burton, a professor of sports management at Syracuse University, in an interview.

But Accenture can’t afford to wait for what could be a long time before Woods returns.

“They had tied everything in their campaign to Tiger Woods it appeared,” he said. “If he’s not golfing, those ads don’t make sense.”

Burton noted that Accenture’s billboards and airport advertising need to be replaced quickly. Without a backup plan, the company might will fall back on something simple and conservative that could highlight its logo.

“It is probably prudent to take a low-key, conservative approach until they determine what their next message is that they want to send,” he said. Going forward, Accenture will have to determine whether it wants to stick with sports or whether its been too burned by what happened and will go another route, Burton added.

Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment. The PGA Tour said it would have no comment.

Accenture has been title sponsor since 2001 of the Match Play Championship, a lucrative World Golf Championship event that draws the top 64 players from the world ranking. Accenture earlier this year renewed its sponsorship of the tournament through 2014. The contract is separate from its business endorsement with Woods.

While not terminating their relationship completely, another major Woods sponsor pulled away this weekend. On Saturday, Gillette, which uses the slogan “The best a man can get,” said it won’t air advertisements featuring Woods or include him in public appearances for an unspecified amount of time. Woods was hired by Gillette in 2007 and has been in ads for Gillette Fusion Power razors with titles like “Phenom” and “Champions” with other stars including tennis great Roger Federer and soccer player Thierry Henry.

However, other sponsors continue to stick with Woods for the time being.

Electronic Arts, whose EA Sports division has been selling Tiger Woods video golf games for a decade, said Sunday, “We respect that this is a very difficult, and private, situation for Tiger and his family. At this time, the strategy for our Tiger Woods PGA TOUR business remains unchanged.” The game’s next edition featuring Woods comes out in six months.

AT&T said Sunday it continues to evaluate its relationship with the golfer. Watch maker Tag Heuer did not return a call Sunday, but its Web site continues to display photos of Woods’ wearing the Link and Golf Watch models.

Nike Inc. said late Friday it supports Woods’ decision to take time off. Gatorade, a unit of PepsiCo Inc., said previously it supports Woods.

— —

AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson contributed to this story.

[Edited on 12-13-2009 by CaboRon]

Sharksbaja - 12-13-2009 at 03:49 PM

Imho, it's a very sad day for his children but a very good day for Punta Brava.

Bajahowodd - 12-13-2009 at 03:58 PM

Aside from the drunks and juicers (think Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, Mark Maguire), the only situation I can think of that is anywhere near analogous to this one is Kobe. Don't know just exactly how one sets the scales of comparison between multiple dalliances and an alleged rape, but for Kobe it blew over. When someone is viewed as the top of their class in a skill or athletic event, fans tend to forgive and forget.

BajaGringo - 12-13-2009 at 05:52 PM

Having watched this entire story unfold, it strikes me in a way that Tiger truly is a product of the times we live in. We have become a very "tuned in" society and Tiger reaped the economic benefits of the resulting exposure more than any other athlete up until now. He also has felt the sharp edge of the other side of the sword as real time / online news has brought the high wattage spotlight into every aspect of his personal life.

It is easy for us to sit back and condemn Tiger for what he has done and although I don't condone his actions, we should recognize that they are well within the "norm" for most sport superstars today.

Why do you think so few professional athletes have stepped out to say anything negative? Most of them are guilty of the very same offenses and are probably shaking in their boots at the thought this might happen to them. I have a few friends who made it in professional sports (basketball/baseball) and while sharing emails with them this past few weeks they both admit that the majority of pro athletes they played with "wandered" in their marriages when traveling away from home at one time or another.

I guess we just never expected this from Tiger for some reason...

Tiger Woods Commemorative Collection

The Gull - 12-13-2009 at 06:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=NgiCX_y1BW8

BajaGringo - 12-13-2009 at 06:30 PM

You are unique Larry, if in fact you truly had never heard of Tiger Woods before. Tiger's name is probably the most recognized name on the planet across all age groups. That is why I said he so benefited from the modern media age.

I was alerted to this story originally from a friend living in San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina - a town located in northwestern Argentina along the eastern Andes.

It isn't just golfers but he did dramatically enlarge its audience...

:rolleyes:

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by BajaGringo]

Hook - 12-13-2009 at 06:58 PM

WOW! nineteen pages and counting on Tiger.

I havent been paying attention............was he caught with turtle soup???

BajaGringo - 12-13-2009 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
WOW! nineteen pages and counting on Tiger.

I havent been paying attention............was he caught with turtle soup???

Not sure. Has his "little boat" been seen at Bahia Concepcion???

DENNIS - 12-13-2009 at 07:22 PM

Hey Larry....How about Pele...Gretsky....Jordan. Any of those ring a bell? :lol::lol: Ruth...Mantle...Mays.
Nothing?? :O:O

BajaGringo - 12-13-2009 at 07:33 PM

I believe you Larry. I will call you the exception that proves the rule...

;D

I just had an epiphany!

Sharksbaja - 12-13-2009 at 07:43 PM

Color me terribly confused. How can Larry say that after countless inferences to this celebrity dude???

Is that you!!??

No wonder I can't sleep at night!:O

vgabndo - 12-13-2009 at 10:03 PM

Larry: Here's the link:
http://www.documentsanddesigns.com/verse/traditional_vows.ht...

I read through quite a few of the very many different religious marriage vows. Most refer to the witnesses, or the community or those gathered and naturally under which god or flavor. I think its a very public thing and for valid reasons of social structure. They also almost invariably refer to the marriage as permanent. "until death do we part." "Until by death we are parted." "Forever" etc.

If you haven't noticed, and your "news fast" might have prevented it; signatures are being collected to put a proposition on the ballot in California to outlaw divorce. Given that a lot of the folks who mindlessly pledge these things were the same ones who stepped on Prop. 8 marriage equality, the Prop. 8 folks intend to show the hypocrites what it is like to have their marriages legislated. Same sex couples can't marry, but 50% of the population promises God to DIE TRYING, then blow it off. Not much of a rich tradition of marriage, or integrity, at this point in that culture.

Today happens to be the 17th. anniversary of my only marriage. I had other stuff to do until I was 49! We just wished each other another 17. We have had the "expection conversation". We know the boundries. We are committed.
That is what we pledged to our two most trusted friends, my mother-in-law, and my step kids in a quiet conversation in front of the fireplace on a snowy night. He was then a lawyer and did the paperwork. There was wine and warmth.

Don't know what this has to do with Tiger...I had a very rich bachelorhood, THEN I got married. I'm proud of that. I'm not proud of Tiger.

Diver - 12-13-2009 at 10:26 PM

Same 17 years for us in July.
Same story for me, long bachelorhood, married late; for good.
Same thoughts on the bonds of marriage and trust.
Same opinion of Tiger.

And of note;
Next month will mark 54 years for my parents.

[Edited on 12-14-2009 by Diver]

El Camote - 12-13-2009 at 10:29 PM

Congrats on your 17th, Perry! You have to wonder if the advisors to the man and industry that is Tiger Woods urged him to marry up to display the facade of a family man. It's probably a more lucrative image for gaining endorsements and public appeal.

Meanwhile, a friend cocreated this. I couldn't be more proud... :wow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJYAOYngCw

What a Heap of Scheisse

MrBillM - 12-13-2009 at 10:30 PM

ANYBODY who attributes the Woods Blonde Bumping Brouhaha to societal changes is spewing Flatulence.

This kind of thing has been going on among the Rich, Poor and every class in between since recorded history itself first began.

What HAS changed is not society, BUT TECHNOLOGY.

The digital "Revolution" has brought us overpowering News Coverage Competition along with digital Video, Audio and Text communications which have resulted in an unparalled evidence trail.

The ONLY lesson to be learned is: "Don't say, write, e-mail, text or YouTube anything you don't want to come back and bite you.

BajaNuts - 12-13-2009 at 10:46 PM

lencho, don't apologize for not watching television and/or golf! It's like everything, there are superstars in every field.

I wonder if Jacque Cousteau or Edmund Hillary ever had an affair? They were world travelers, granted in a different era with stricter tolerances, but they also did not have the global interconnection and media/paparazzi that are present today. Strong, ambitious men, away from home for months/years at a time.........no way the missus would ever hear about it.......no pictures........come on- do you really think they were just "good little boys" and never tendered the favors of local sweeties?

I think it has to do with the whole celebrity status thing. It could be a rock start, country music star, sports star, fashion designer, and I would venture to include persons such as Gordon Ramsey.......a CHEF!

If Chef Ramsey was exposed in the same scenario as Tiger Woods, it would be all over everywhere! Probably not to the extreme as Tiger Woods, since Ramsey doesn't have that "perfect" image. Ramsey is already sort of a badburro, so if he had an affair that was exposed, it'd be front page for a day and I doubt he'd lose any sponsors. Tiger cultivated this "perfect" image, and when the image is shattered........as the saying goes.......the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

It doesn't matter why the person has the superstar status...(such as Kobe Bryant as a basketball player) what matters is that they got caught. ThenPrez-Clinton and MsMonica?!?!? Talk about fish-frenzy! BUT- (here we go......!!!!) according to the testimony, Bill and Monica did not have intercourse....so according to the previously posted definition...there was no adultery. Alienation of affections would probably apply~~~

I have no knowledge whether or not Cousteau or Hillary did any philandering, I just picked a couple well known names from different professions than sports. But I would like to re-post the definition of adultery, as I think it got lost in the discussions-

Definition of adultery from thefreedictionary.com
a·dul·ter·y (-dlt-r, -tr)
n. pl. a·dul·ter·ies
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

BajaNuts - 12-13-2009 at 10:53 PM

El Camote,
funny song! and I like the original one also!:biggrin:

MrBill, almost sounds like we posted the same views about media/technology:O

What a coincidence!

Sharksbaja - 12-14-2009 at 01:45 AM

Next time Jean Michel stops in for dinner I'll have to ask him about his fathers exploitations. :rolleyes:

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-14-2009 at 06:55 AM

Tiger has a typical man affliction that affects some of us where men let the little head do the thinking for the big head. Many have fallen by the wayside because of this. Good ole Tiger has shown us he is a mere mortal with mortal weaknesses. I suspect he will be ok in the end. He may not be as rich as he is now but he will survive. Tiger, sell the yacht. It is a stupid luxury you don’t need right now.

BajaGringo - 12-14-2009 at 08:10 AM

I read last night that he is planing on taking the oversized panga to Sweden. The "little house" Mrs. Woods bought is on an island....

DENNIS - 12-14-2009 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Tiger, sell the yacht. It is a stupid luxury you don’t need right now.

The irony of the yacht thing is, it's name is PRIVACY.
Man....if the walls in that tub could talk.

BajaGringo - 12-14-2009 at 10:24 AM

Jerry Crowe at the Los Angeles Times writes:

Tiger Woods has found a way to accomplish the unthinkable: become even more famous...

Will Tiger recover from this? My initial gut reaction was no; that his image would remain forever tarnished. But then I look at a few of the other famous "wanderers" and they seem to have weathered the storm okay:

Bill Clinton
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Hugh Grant
Prince Charles
Brad Pitt
Jude Law
JFK
FDR
Michael Jordan
James Cameron
Donald Trump
Morgan Freeman
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
King David

Having announced that he is taking a break from golf to work on his marriage gives sponsors an "easy out" to drop sponsorship deals. If he isn't playing golf the ad connection is mostly broken. That way sponsors can keep an open door and Tiger saves face.

My guess is that Tiger will come back to play one day and the coverage will be record breaking. So will his future sponsorship deals he negotiates.

Business has no morals...

vandenberg - 12-14-2009 at 10:27 AM

Like I said before,
"Anyone who orders 15 girls at once, can't be all bad":biggrin:

Barry A. - 12-14-2009 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Jerry Crowe at the Los Angeles Times writes:

Tiger Woods has found a way to accomplish the unthinkable: become even more famous...

Will Tiger recover from this? My initial gut reaction was no; that his image would remain forever tarnished. But then I look at a few of the other famous "wanderers" and they seem to have weathered the storm okay:

Bill Clinton
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Hugh Grant
Prince Charles
Brad Pitt
Jude Law
JFK
FDR
Michael Jordan
James Cameron
Donald Trump
Morgan Freeman
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
King David

Having announced that he is taking a break from golf to work on his marriage gives sponsors an "easy out" to drop sponsorship deals. If he isn't playing golf the ad connection is mostly broken. That way sponsors can keep an open door and Tiger saves face.

My guess is that Tiger will come back to play one day and the coverage will be record breaking. So will his future sponsorship deals he negotiates.

Business has no morals...

BajaGringo----------I second that----you have nailed it!!!!

Barry

Performance Enhancing Drugs for Tiger

CaboRon - 12-15-2009 at 11:52 AM

Report: Doctor being investigated in PED probe

NEW YORK – A Canadian doctor who has treated golfer Tiger Woods, swimmer Dara Torres and NFL players is suspected of providing athletes with performance-enhancing drugs, according to a newspaper report.

Human growth hormone and Actovegin, a drug extracted from calf's blood, in Dr. Anthony Galea's bag at the U.S.-Canada border in late September, The New York Times reported. He was arrested Oct. 15 in Toronto by Canadian police.

Using, selling or importing Actovegin is illegal in the United States.

The FBI has opened an investigation based in part on medical records found on Galea's computer relating to several professional athletes, people briefed on the inquiry told the Times on condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing a continuing investigation.

The anonymous sources did not disclose the names of the athletes, and Galea told the newspaper "it would be impossible" for investigators to have found material linking his athletes to performance-enhancing drugs.

According to the newspaper, Galea has developed a blood-spinning technique — platelet-rich plasma therapy — to help speed post-surgery recovery.

Galea visited Woods' home in Florida at least four times in February and March, the newspaper reported, to provide that platelet therapy after his agents were concerned by his slow recovery from June 2008 knee surgery.

Asked about Woods' involvement with Galea, agent Mark Steinberg told the newspaper in an e-mail: "I would really ask that you guys don't write this? If Tiger is NOT implicated, and won't be, let's please give the kid a break."

According to the report, Galea said Woods was referred to him by the golfer's agents at International Management Group.

However, Steinberg sent an e-mail to the AP on Tuesday that said: "No one at IMG has ever met or recommended Dr. Galea, nor were we worried about the progress of Tiger's recovery, as the Times falsely reported. The treatment Tiger received is a widely accepted therapy and to suggest some connection with illegality is recklessly irresponsible."

Woods announced Friday that he was taking an indefinite leave from golf to concentrate on his marriage after allegations of infidelity surfaced in recent weeks.

Torres told the newspaper Galea found a previously undiagnosed tear in her quad tendon.

"Excluding draining my knee, he has never treated me, but I did see his chiropractor who did soft-tissue work on my leg," she said in an e-mail to the Times. "That was the extent of my visit with him."

Her agent, Evan Morgenstein, told the AP that Torres was not available for comment Monday night.

Brian H. Greenspan, Galea's criminal defense attorney, said an investigation will vindicate his client.

"Dr. Galea was never engaged in any wrongdoing or any impropriety," Greenspan said. "Not only does he have a reputation that is impeccable, he is a person at the very top of his profession."

While acknowledging he used HGH himself for 10 years, Galea told the newspaper he never gave any athletes the substance, which is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. And Galea told the Times he has never combined HGH or Actovegin with his platelet treatments.

"All these athletes come see me in Canada cause I fix them, and I think people just assume that I'm giving them stuff," he told the newspaper. "They don't have to come to me to get HGH and steroids. You can walk into your local gym in New York and get HGH."

Prescribing HGH is legal in Canada; it can be used in the United States but only in a few instances that don't include hastening recovery from surgery.

Galea is also being investigated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for smuggling, advertising and selling unapproved drugs as well as criminal conspiracy, the Times reported.

BajaGringo - 12-15-2009 at 12:08 PM

I have been following comments by his rivals and almost all of them seem to be supportive, hoping he makes a quick return to golf. Tiger has helped make all of them more money since he came on the pro scene back in 1996. If he takes an extended / permanent retirement from the sport it is most likely that tournament purses as well as endorsement deals for the players will shrink.

Money, more than anything else will dictate the direction of this story IMHO...

Rivals ?

MrBillM - 12-15-2009 at 12:25 PM

Would those be other Well-Known Married Prolific Blonde Bangers ?

Or, Golfers ?

It would seem the former are better qualified to discuss his "Problem".

AND, more recognizable to the General Public. I can't think of another Pro Golfer's name.

BajaGringo - 12-15-2009 at 12:27 PM

And that is why the other guys need him....

vandenberg - 12-16-2009 at 08:17 AM

In this morning's UK tabloid:

WOODS could be dragged into an FBI investigation into sports doping, it was claimed last night.

The probe centres on Dr Anthony Galea, 50, who treated the star after knee surgery - and is now being investigated over alleged performance-enhancing drugs.

Agents have seized Galea's medical records. But there is NO suggestion that Woods received any illegal drugs.

In other words, his troubles are far from over. They'll try everything to tie him to this also.

Can Tiger Restore His Image ?

CaboRon - 12-16-2009 at 08:48 AM

Tiger’s opportunity to reinvent himself

By Michael Arkush, Yahoo! Sports
Dec 15, 4:54 pm EST

Buzz up! 605 PrintNo matter whether Elin forgives him, Oprah embraces him or Phil – Knight, not Mickelson – supports him, Tiger Woods has to know that the damage he caused himself, his family and the millions who idolized him will not soon dissipate.

Yet, as is typically the case in the aftermath of a crisis, there is a tremendous opportunity for Woods, who like other celebrities (save O.J.) is permitted one mulligan.

Tiger Woods can rebuild his image by tending to fans and the media.

If Woods ignores the opportunity, he will never regain his heroic status. If he seizes it, he may not be as revered as he was during the PSY (pre-scandal years), but he would be more beloved. The choice is his.

It will require a dramatic transformation in his approach on the course, but he’s smart enough and engaging enough, when he chooses, to pull it off. The mission is not complex: Woods must turn into Mickelson. All he needs is to apply the same dedication to his demeanor that he has shown to his game, and it has to start with the next tournament he plays. He should focus more on winning over the skeptics than winning the event. The other victories will come.

Here are five suggestions for Woods to craft a new image:

1: Sign autographs … tons of them

Woods trails Mickelson by a significant margin in this area. But if he were to start closing the gap, it would send a definite signal that he cares deeply about public opinion.

Lefty has gained enormous popularity by extending himself with the galleries, as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus have done for decades. It is truly remarkable how much time they take to satisfy fans’ requests. Woods could adopt a similar mentality even if extra security was necessary. If it requires a half hour or longer for him to sign after each round, so be it.

2: Smile

The only time Woods smiles is when he pulls off a shot even he didn’t expect to hit. That’s not good enough – not in the new Tiger Woods Era. He needs to smile as frequently as possible, even when his shots go slightly astray, and plenty do. He must show us how the game can humble him at any moment, just as his off-the-course failings humbled him. He can demand perfection as much as he wants – nobody is asking him to lower his standards – but when he isn’t completely satisfied, he should accept the disappointment with grace instead of tossing out the usual profanities. The only swearing Woods should do is to tell the truth.

3: Treat the media with greater respect

After his disastrous 1997 interview with GQ, which featured the famous off-color jokes, Woods decided he would steer clear of the media outside of the traditional pre-tournament press conference and post-round interviews. That selfish, arrogant approach has to change as well. He should sit down with the major golf publications and mainstream media as often as his schedule will allow, and be more revealing in press conferences. He usually provides short, evasive answers, especially when he isn’t crazy about the line of questioning. He has lost that luxury forever.

4: Assist the LPGA Tour

More than any group, women have been the most offended by Woods’ infidelity. Why not, then, make a special effort to help women in an area where he can do so much good? He could initiate the Tiger Woods (insert your favorite charity) Classic, with two pro-ams in which he would participate.

Imagine if Woods were paired with Michelle Wie, for instance, or Paula Creamer on a Wednesday. Think the crowds would come out? It would be the kind of boost the troubled LPGA desperately needs – and perhaps launch a greater amount of cooperation between the two tours. The future of the game depends on women as much as men.

5: Play more frequently in the United States

Woods pocketed a $3 million appearance fee to play last month in Australia. Did he really need the money? Of course not.

Given the economic state of the PGA Tour and the importance of attracting more sponsors and securing the next television package (the current six-year deal with CBS and NBC expires in 2012), imagine if Woods were to announce that he was done with playing overseas in the near future – and would make up the difference by adding a few events to his U.S. schedule. He could tee it up in smaller cities he’s never played before. Woods would generate enormous goodwill in those communities and help keep the tour and his peers solvent for years to come.

Will Woods follow any of these suggestions? Probably not. The bet here is that he will return in late March at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando, where the King will give him a big hug and all will be forgiven.

Woods will go back to keeping his distance from the galleries and media.

Except all will not be forgiven. He needs to win back our trust … and he will get no more mulligans.

BajaGringo - 12-22-2009 at 11:35 PM

I knew it was only a matter of time...

http://tigercondoms.com/

:rolleyes:

I guess I might as well jump in.

RonnieRockCod - 12-23-2009 at 07:59 PM

Posters are complaining that Tiger violated his sacred marriage vows. Was anyone there to hear them ? Has anyone read a certified copy of those vows ? In today's world prospective brides and grooms are writing their own vows. Who's to say that the future Mrs. Woods did not have a vow in her promises that gave permission for Tiger to experience dalliances during the course of their marriage, providing of course, that their pre-nup remain if full force during their expected period of wedding bliss ?

Come on, folks, with millions of dollars at stake who's to say what is at stake ? And in the words of one of our most trusted United States' Presidents "It depends on what the meaning of "is" is. Good luck, RRC.

Merry Christmas from the Woods Family

toneart - 12-23-2009 at 11:15 PM

Merry Christmas from the Woods Family [DVD (NTSC)].jpg - 37kB

oldlady - 12-24-2009 at 08:03 AM

You dirty old man....last time I saw that much silicon in one place was at a chip manufacturer.

wessongroup - 12-24-2009 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RonnieRockCod
Posters are complaining that Tiger violated his sacred marriage vows. Was anyone there to hear them ? Has anyone read a certified copy of those vows ? In today's world prospective brides and grooms are writing their own vows. Who's to say that the future Mrs. Woods did not have a vow in her promises that gave permission for Tiger to experience dalliances during the course of their marriage, providing of course, that their pre-nup remain if full force during their expected period of wedding bliss ?

Come on, folks, with millions of dollars at stake who's to say what is at stake ? And in the words of one of our most trusted United States' Presidents "It depends on what the meaning of "is" is. Good luck, RRC.

good one, as it really is a legal contract enforced by the "courts" not the "church".. we are a long way from "moral vows" when one has a written contract which states that ones gets $300 million dollars in the event of "breach of contract"

gee..... wonder where "wally and the beaver" are .. :):)

vandenberg - 12-24-2009 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

Wally lives right down the street. You will have to contact Tiger about the Beaver whereabouts`.:biggrin:

toneart - 12-24-2009 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
You dirty old man....last time I saw that much silicon in one place was at a chip manufacturer.

:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

Nothing but a Chip Shot for Tiger. :lol::lol:

DavidT - 12-24-2009 at 01:30 PM

I have often told the tubes of silicon on the shelves at Home Depot that they could be somebody.

BajaNuts - 12-24-2009 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidT
I have often told the tubes of silicon on the shelves at Home Depot that they could be somebody.

:lol::lol::lol:

Somebody.........anybody...............Brandi, Jessica or Sasha.........

:lol::lol::lol:

toneart - 12-24-2009 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady

When I was a young lad, before silicone, I started on a lifetime of practice. You could say I was Prematurely Dirty!.;D:cool:

wessongroup - 12-25-2009 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

Wally lives right down the street. You will have to contact Tiger about the Beaver whereabouts`.:biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bob H - 12-25-2009 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
The ONLY lesson to be learned is: "Don't say, write, e-mail, text or YouTube anything you don't want to come back and bite you.

That's IT! Exactly!
Bob H

toneart - 12-25-2009 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

That's IT! Exactly!
Bob H

Oh Jeez! You mean the nekkid, Woods extended family of silicone sirens are coming "back to bite me"? :bounce::bounce::bounce::cool:

Tiger Costs Billions in Stock Market

CaboRon - 12-29-2009 at 10:46 AM

Tiger Woods' Affairs Cost Billions in Stock Market

livescience.com – Mon Dec 28, 4:41 pm ET
Tiger Woods' extramarital affairs could cost you if you hold stock in a company he sponsors or a mutual fund that holds stock in those companies.

A new study - not yet published in a journal - finds the market value lost to companies that had the golfer as a sponsor is already as high as $12 billion.

The estimate is separate from whatever money Woods himself may lose as a result of his missteps. The golfer was thought to make about $100 million a year in endorsement income.

"Total shareholder losses may exceed several decades' worth of Tiger Woods' personal endorsement income," said Victor Stango, a professor of economics at the University of California, Davis and co-author of the study.

Stango and a colleague looked at stock market returns for the 13 trading days that fell between Nov. 27, the date of the car crash that ignited the Woods' scandal, and Dec. 17, a week after Woods announced his indefinite leave from the sport. They compared the stocks to the total market and to competing stocks, plus they looked back four years to get a sense of how the stocks have historically done in comparison to the market and to competitors.

The study focused on nine sponsors: Accenture; American Express; AT&T; Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (Electronic Arts); Gillette (Proctor and Gamble); Nike; Gatorade (PepsiCo); TLC Laser Eye Centers; and Golf Digest (News Corp.).

Overall, the researchers figure the scandal reduced shareholder value in the sponsor companies by 2.3 percent, or about $12 billion.

"(This) pattern of losses is unlikely to stem from ordinary day-to-day variation in their stock prices," the researchers wrote.

Investors in the three sports-related companies (Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, Gatorade, and Nike) fared the worst, the study found. They experienced a 4.3-percent scandal-generated drop in stock value, equivalent to about $6 billion.

On the other hand, Accenture, a global management consulting firm, experienced no ill effects following the accident.

"Nike and other premier sports-related sponsors are special for an athlete like Tiger Woods," said UC Davis economics professor Christopher Knittel. "They are themselves powerful brands that add value to Tiger's brand and create other financial opportunities for him. This gives a premier sports sponsor the bargaining power to capture some of the profits generated by an endorsement deal with Woods - so that if the Tiger brand is tarnished, those profits may decline. Our study measures that decline."

The pace of losses had slowed by Dec. 11, the day Woods announced his leave from golf, Knittel and Stango found. But as late as Dec. 17, shareholder had yet to reverse their losses.

"Our findings speak to a larger question of general interest in the business and academic communities: Does celebrity sponsorship have any impact on a firm's bottom line?" Stango said. "Our analysis makes clear that while having a celebrity of Tiger Woods' stature as an endorser has undeniable upside, the downside risk is substantial too.

Tiger Woods' Affairs Cost Billions in Stock Market

Tiger Coming Back?

BajaGringo - 2-3-2010 at 04:58 PM

Tiger Woods Could Return to Golf in Two Weeks

Published : Wednesday, 03 Feb 2010, 12:15 PM EST

(Melbourne Herald Sun) – Tiger Woods is poised to make a shock return to competitive golf in two weeks at the Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona, the Melbourne Herald Sun reported in its Thursday edition.

Only two weeks after allegedly checking into a sex addiction clinic in Mississippi, the world's No. 1 is set to stun the world by returning to the Dove Mountain course where he made his comeback from knee surgery last year.

From the time Tiger's trysts forced him into competitive hibernation, speculation has raged about if - then when - he would return.

Pressure continues to mount on the man at the center of one of the great sporting sex scandals to emerge from hiding before the US Masters in the second week of April.

Because his management group has tried to avoid attention like its star client, there remains no official word on Woods' return, but there are strengthening whispers that it will be in the World Golf Championship event, won last year by Melbourne's Geoff Ogilvy and one of the most prestigious titles outside the major championships.

It is also a favorite event for Woods, who has won it in 2003, 2004 and 2008.

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

DENNIS - 2-3-2010 at 05:04 PM

Ya know.....I just don't care. In fact, I thought golf was benefiting from his absence. Other players all of a sudden had a real chance.

BajaGringo - 2-3-2010 at 05:07 PM

Yea, but nobody was watching it anymore. Ratings hit bottom. Even the other players know they need him...

Silicone v. Silicon. There is A Big Dif

Bajahowodd - 2-3-2010 at 05:27 PM

I can't believe how many folks rambled on while confusing the two products. One doesn't use silicon for cosmetic surgery. And one does not use silicone for chip manufacturing.

That said, inasmuch as there are now over 400 posts on this thread, I have to ask the question as to whether there has ever been a thread on this forum in the past that logged anywhere near this number of entries, that involved anyone or anything as remotely associated with Baja???

:?::?::?::?::P:?::?::?:

BajaGringo - 2-3-2010 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
...I have to ask the question as to whether there has ever been a thread on this forum in the past that logged anywhere near this number of entries, that involved anyone or anything as remotely associated with Baja???

:?::?::?::?::P:?::?::?:

Not Baja related? Tiger has been to Baja many times and is involved with building a proposed golf course here. I am still waiting for the stories of his "other" Baja contacts to come out...

Baja Chicas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pages:  1  2    4