BajaNomad

Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  14

lizard lips - 9-12-2011 at 05:53 AM

Just to inform people about Hospital Del Carmen. I was there 20 years ago for 5 days with a life threatening condition and came out of it with flying colors. This hospital is fine but it was my doctor who told me to go there and he was the person who admitted me. Can't comment on the food.....

I'm going there this morning.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
del carmen is more like nursing home...rehab center. GET THEM OUT OF THERE! Velmar is across the street. Y

Not exactly. It's over by CardioMed.

SANATORIO DEL CARMEN
Obregón 1105
Col. Zona Central
C.P. 22800

Katiejay99 - 9-12-2011 at 06:35 AM

Good Morning everyone. I am in full agreement with others and am so proud to part of this "Community".

Does anyone know when/if Ron and Cristina will be moved? They just gotta get them to the US for MRI's, etc. Anything new today (I know the day is young, but I am praying for good news).

baja1943 - 9-12-2011 at 06:35 AM

Dennis, why don't you drive over there and get a first hand report. It hasn't even been established if Ron is conscience or not. Two pints or liters of blood, depending on the source, for a head injury is very curious.

shari - 9-12-2011 at 06:53 AM

buenos dias...como amanacieron todos....well it was a long night of tossing and turning, worrying and praying for our friends.

I received an email from mulegemichael who has also pledged $1,000 for Ron & Cristinas medical care so anyone in contact with the family please let them know of this fund.

lets hope things improve today...come on kids....you can get through this...we are all behind you two and the family dealing with the tragedy.

Dr. Janene Caracaus #1

Skipjack Joe - 9-12-2011 at 07:18 AM

Dr. Janene Caracaus is trying to post his comments on this board but is having technical difficulties. He asked me to post them. Post #1:

-----------------------

Hi,
I am the Doctor Janene that Dennis referred to in your column. I tried to register this morning to post my own comments, but even though the forum sent me an email with a password and username, I am unable to get into the forum. I have been following the posts and want to comment. First of all, Del Carmen is an adequate facility for the most part, but does not have a state of the art MRI and other technical equipment needed to diagnose and treat any complicated brain injuries.
My beef is this: Dennis called me to see what was going on. I went over to Hospital General in Ensenada, and met with a lady friend of Cristina. I asked her for the family's number to speak to them directly, as I felt the best course of action was to at least get Ron on his way to the US. Somebody got consent to take him to Del Carmen, because it is a private facility and they have to pay cash there. The woman friend of Cristina would not give me the family's number. I then went to Del Carmen, at Dennis' request, and the friend of Ron's was not there at the time. I believe that whomever gave consent to send him to Del Carmen could have just as easily gave consent to have him sent to the US, because its costing alot of money to keep him in a private hospital as well. That money spent in the hospital could have been used for an ambulance to the US. The friends of Ron and Cristina were not very forthcoming with information, and the receptionist at Del Carmen told me that the male friend of Ron's did not give them any family contact information. Why they weren't very forthcoming with information I don't know.

Janene Caracaus #2

Skipjack Joe - 9-12-2011 at 07:20 AM

But anyways, the other thing I wanted to mention is that I did NOT use the words grossly inadequate or cash cow to describe Del Carmen, but I was not pleased with their unwillingness as well to try to facilitate the transfer of Ron to the States, which led me to believe they had their own motivations for keeping him there.

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 07:35 AM

thanks for that skip!!

I just got up and am about to grab breakfast for Izaak and I while we wait for Adrian to get up so we can head down there.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
I did NOT use the words grossly inadequate or cash cow to describe Del Carmen,

Those were my words. I have a tendency to heap adulation and praise on everything and everybody. :saint:

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Dr. Janene Caracaus is trying to post his comments

That would be "Her." Jeeeezo...don't get her started. :lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 9-12-2011 at 07:42 AM

I'm called answering service for the American Consulate to have them contact the on-call duty officer to see what they can do. I am awaiting his call.

astrobaja - 9-12-2011 at 07:47 AM

Morning all,

Just to let people know-- Rons daughter Christine Nelson DOES know about this thread on Nomads, the ball really is in the families court now, lets not assume that the US is the only place to get competent medical care. The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Also Ron head injury was the most life threatening one, but he had other injuries as well. Chava told me his face was very lacerted and there were possible broken ribs too!

As hard as it is to just wait for us we have to let Ron's family make the informed decisions now, the offers for help are all in place should they seek them out!

ELINVESTIG8R - 9-12-2011 at 07:49 AM

Is Ron in Del Carmen in Ensenada or Los Angeles Hospital, Tijuana?

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

lizard lips - 9-12-2011 at 07:51 AM

I just returned from Hospital Del Carmen and when I entered through the emergency entrance I was asked what I wanted. I told this person I was the brother of Ron Hoff and wanted to see him. I was taken to the ICU section, close to the emergency room, where Ron is in a double room, by himself and a nurse is on duty 24 hours just for him in the room. This was at 7:00 a.m.

Ron is hooked up to a ventilator and is not breathing on his own. He is also kept in a unconscious state, according to the nurse. The nurse said that when he did open his eyes he would be in a combative state so that was the reason.

Ron was lying on his back with his shirt off hooked up to at least 5 different IV's. I did not see any wounds however the nurse said the back of his head suffered trauma. The nurse said Ron's doctor would visit him in an hour and if I wanted to wait I could ask more questions to him.

I was only with him for a few minutes and he does not look good. Anytime you are not breathing on your own due to head trauma is very serious.

I do not know the condition of his wife or if she is at Carmen. I didn't ask. After seeing Ron I was in no condition to ask any further questions.

I was not going to post this. Some of you probably think my actions of lying about being his brother and posting his condition as I see it is intrusive and I will be the first one to say that it is but there are so many of us that want the best for him and his wife and I wanted to let you know that if you believe in the power of prayer then get on it.

As far as what happened to him..... Please, Please do not get involved in something like trying to help a neighbor, friend or someone you do not know being robbed. I don't know the circumstances with Ron's situation or what happened where he lived but the best thing you can do is to document license plate numbers, photographs, etc and call the police. If you are approached by a robber, GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!!!!! I hate to say it but this is a perfect example of trying to help someone and you end up being the victim.

I will return to the hospital later in the day and see if there is any improvement.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 07:57 AM

Thanks Dan......I was going to head up there, but I won't.
Good job on the brother link. I think, when I go there, I'll be a brother too.

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 08:00 AM

Wow lizard, thanks for shedding some light on the situation, we'll pray harder than ever and be down there in a little while to see what we can do.

astrobaja - 9-12-2011 at 08:00 AM

no Elinvestiga8or Hes at Del Carmen it was suggested that LA in TJ was a excellent place to possibly move him to.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Just The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Thanks Mike. It's just my opinion that if they can get him to TJ, they can get him to the VA or Navy Hospital as well. It's among other things, a matter of expenses.

ELINVESTIG8R - 9-12-2011 at 08:03 AM

I just spoke to an Officer of the American Consulate who are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Ron's family.

shari - 9-12-2011 at 08:06 AM

first of all I want to express my gratitude to Dennis for contacting the doctor and Dr.Janene for taking the time to go down to the hospital to try to help sort this all out. We are all doing the best we can with the little info we have...the facts are very unclear at the moment but today hopefully we can make some progress on a plan to get ron & cristina the medical care they require...which will take some help from several people.

I really dont think a mexican hospital would arrange transport to the states...that is up to the family or people dealing with the patient.

some questions I have are...did ron or cristina go first to a hospital in SAn Quintin and were then transferred to Ensenada? Was Ron unconcious from his injuries?

Sirena will go down to the hospital this morning and try to get a first hand account of what is happening so anyone with suggestions or questions she should ask please post them here....we need to know for sure what the extent of their injuries are before moving them anywhere at this point. She should be able to get some good info from her husbands uncle who is a doctor at this hospital...which may be a big help.

astrobaja - 9-12-2011 at 08:08 AM

Dan thanks for that! Also about "becoming the victim", my Wife and I talked at length that nothing we have(possesions) is worth dying for! Ron walked into a horrible situation. I'm sure if he hesitated for a second to size up the situation things could have turned out differently. The house where the theives were was not occupied at the time. Just wish he had called the cops instead! Things can be replaced lives cannot! Makes you think very hard about what fights are really worth it! Obviously if a loved ones or freinds life is in peril its all different. Crap can go down in such a split second. For gods sake people lets all think twice if we are ever in a bad situation!

Mulegena - 9-12-2011 at 08:08 AM

Thanks for the report this morning.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Thanks Dan......I was going to head up there, but I won't.
Good job on the brother link. I think, when I go there, I'll be a brother too.

Hospitals know this routine, and they usually accept it.
I did this for a dear friend and pulled it off.
She's from China. I'm not. They saw the ruse, and graciously went with it.

MikeYounghusband - 9-12-2011 at 08:10 AM

I for one thank you for pretending to be his brother and obtaining that information. Posting it is the only right thing to do. The power of prayer is stronger than most anything else we can do now. Please keep us updated.
Thank you agian and God be with them.

shari - 9-12-2011 at 08:11 AM

lizard lips...thanks so much for the report albeit a grim one and you are indeed an excellent brother...ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I am glad there is a nurse there for security reasons...we look forward to a doctors report.

measomsan - 9-12-2011 at 08:11 AM

I suggest if you are looking out for your neighbors house carry a air horn. If you see there is someone over there start blowing that sucker, Your going to be out numbered. You are not allowed wepons. But a loud sound will upset the rats and they will run.

My prayers are with this family, my other thoughts are people need to learn from this. We have a house in Cabo, we look out for each other there. Be safe people

baronvonbob - 9-12-2011 at 08:17 AM

Does anybody have the real facts of what happened? How they were discovered? How the perpetrators were caught?
Who they were, local etc....

24baja - 9-12-2011 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
I just returned from Hospital Del Carmen and when I entered through the emergency entrance I was asked what I wanted. I told this person I was the brother of Ron Hoff and wanted to see him. I was taken to the ICU section, close to the emergency room, where Ron is in a double room, by himself and a nurse is on duty 24 hours just for him in the room. This was at 7:00 a.m.

Ron is hooked up to a ventilator and is not breathing on his own. He is also kept in a unconscious state, according to the nurse. The nurse said that when he did open his eyes he would be in a combative state so that was the reason.

Ron was lying on his back with his shirt off hooked up to at least 5 different IV's. I did not see any wounds however the nurse said the back of his head suffered trauma. The nurse said Ron's doctor would visit him in an hour and if I wanted to wait I could ask more questions to him.

I was only with him for a few minutes and he does not look good. Anytime you are not breathing on your own due to head trauma is very serious.

I do not know the condition of his wife or if she is at Carmen. I didn't ask. After seeing Ron I was in no condition to ask any further questions.

I was not going to post this. Some of you probably think my actions of lying about being his brother and posting his condition as I see it is intrusive and I will be the first one to say that it is but there are so many of us that want the best for him and his wife and I wanted to let you know that if you believe in the power of prayer then get on it.

As far as what happened to him..... Please, Please do not get involved in something like trying to help a neighbor, friend or someone you do not know being robbed. I don't know the circumstances with Ron's situation or what happened where he lived but the best thing you can do is to document license plate numbers, photographs, etc and call the police. If you are approached by a robber, GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS!!!!! I hate to say it but this is a perfect example of trying to help someone and you end up being the victim.

I will return to the hospital later in the day and see if there is any improvement.

Well if I were not so far away I think I would have been his sister, brother....or any family member I needed to be to get information, as most of us wood. Good job Lizard Lips.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan
But a loud sound will upset the rats and they will run.

I believe most of these rats have been caught and they don't sound like the type that would run away from an air-horn.

Your ideas are good though.

I think, when the time comes, we will all have to reconsider a "life before law" policy for ourselves.
More later.

wilderone - 9-12-2011 at 08:24 AM

I'm stunned - I'm praying.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
Dennis, why don't you drive over there and get a first hand report. It hasn't even been established if Ron is conscience or not. Two pints or liters of blood, depending on the source, for a head injury is very curious.

I'm staying out of the way for a while. Seems others are doing all that can be done.
If the need for details comes up, I'll take Dra. Janene with me and she will get answers. Believe me...she will. :fire:

measomsan - 9-12-2011 at 08:33 AM

Sadly and as much as I love Cabo, it is hard to defend one's self while in country. Our houses are fairly close to each other and a very large number of folks live there year round. We only have issues when new homes are built and they see nothing going on in a house for some time. I understand they were snatched up, but i would not be suprised if the release will not take long either. Just peees me off..Sorry for the language

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 08:41 AM

Getting the whole family ready now in order to head over to the hospital to see if we can get any news...hang in there you guys

Mulegena - 9-12-2011 at 08:45 AM

u2u Sirena and Shari

wessongroup - 9-12-2011 at 08:47 AM

Thanks very much for the update lips... can only repeat what many have already said... a friend... both are special... and pray for their swift recovery ... God bless...... A thought from Ron.. as he can always say it much better than I

Ron Hoff

Post this on your wall for just an hour, please...Heavenly Father, walk through my home and take away all my worries and any illnesses. Please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bless my home, family, and friends with Peace, Love, and Joy in Jesus' name. Amen. This prayer is so powerful. Please stop what you're doing and post this as your status. Watch what He'll do. With God all things are possible! Believe It My Friends : )

and BACK at YA... BIg time !!!

David K - 9-12-2011 at 09:04 AM

I am standing by praying for good news on Ron and Cristina... Thanks everyone... Dan (Lizard Lips), that was awesome and you have permission to be my brother in any emergency I have!

I have talked with Doug (Baja Nomad) on the phone yesterday and told him that if he hears of a need, I could drive down with him or another Nomad to San Quintin, if help or whatever is needed...

It seems there are enough Nomads helping and available nearby, but I am only 50 miles from the border.

The energy of our combined prayers and well wishes is focused on Ron and Cristina, thanks to this forum.

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 09:14 AM

Heavenly Father, walk through my home and take away all my worries and any illnesses. Please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bless my home, family, and friends with Peace, Love, and Joy in Jesus' name.

Barry A. - 9-12-2011 at 09:18 AM

-------"air horns" DO upset and scare "rats" (of all kinds)----that is an excellent idea since firearms are not allowed. :rolleyes: I carry a mechete.

So far the crime here is "attempted murder", and all 7 are guilty-----if any are "released" then there is something grossly wrong with the legal system in Mexico, and I would think about that long and hard.

My prayers and compassion go out to Ron and his wife---this is just devastating!!!!

Barry

oladulce - 9-12-2011 at 09:28 AM

Good job Lizard lips. It's hard to make a determination of Ron's condition based on what you saw. He could be unconscious from his head injury which may have also impacted the part of the brain that stimulates him to breathe and required the insertion of a tube and a ventilator.

Or, they are assuming (since they have no scanning equipment to visualize the condition of his brain) that he has intracranial swelling and /or bleeding and have giving him medication to keep him unconscious to keep him "quiet" to try and keep the pressure on his brain from increasing. The medication that "puts you to sleep" also causes your breathing to slow down and you can stop breathing all together, so the breathing tube may be in place to counteract the respiratory effects of the medication.

Combativeness can indicate brain injury but you can't tell the whole picture. A conscious person will not tolerate a breathing tube because it causes a severe gag reflex. If Ron woke up with the breathing tube in place, he'd fight like hell to yank it out, and so they probably re-medicated him with sedation so he would tolerate the tube.

Thank you Dennis, and please tell Dra Janeen thank you for her involvement. I'd love to have her on my team if we ever needed an advocate!

I'm biting my tongue and won't post any more medical treatment opinions because the ball is in Ron's daughters court. I'm not going to check the thread any more (too frustrating) so please send a u2u and I'll get an email if
funds are being collected for his or Cristina's transfer.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Thank you Dennis, and please tell Dra Janeen thank you for her involvement. I'd love to have her on my team if we ever needed an advocate!

Maybe we can get her on the Nomad team for future events. [for lack of a better word]

Quote:

I'm biting my tongue and won't post any more medical treatment opinions

I wish you would reconsider. So far, your educated opinions are all we can rely on and I'm sure you will see any inconsistancies should they come up.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
that is an excellent idea since firearms are not allowed. :rolleyes:

Well....you've seen what the US did when another 9/11 went bad. They dropped everything and got prepared.
We have to do the same. Like I just said in another post..."Life before law." We can only help ourselves 'cause no one else will do it for us.

latina - 9-12-2011 at 09:43 AM

Ron and I have never met but he selflessly helped me out when I came on this forum seeking assistance. It is heartbreaking to think such a horrible thing could happen to an innocent person who was only guilty of being a good neighbour...Please u2u me if the quality of care he receives comes down to dollars and cents. Keeping Ron and Cristina in my prayers, Cathy

angels4 - 9-12-2011 at 10:09 AM

I know that people feel that he should never had gone to find out what was going on alone, and I couldn't agree more. But, this was his dear friend's house who also happens to be my brother-in-law. Both shared the same dream and paradise. I am certain that nothing would have stopped Ron to find what was going on at my brother's house, just like nothing would have stopped my brother to look out for Ron's property. They both have been dear friends for many years and our entire family is hurting for this tragic event. Chava called my brother to let him know what was going on with Ron and Cristina and he is heading down to his house and Ron's to get the story straight and look out for the dogs. Please know that everyone at the Chorera loves Ron and Cristina and they will not stop until they know that their home is safe. This is hurting the entire town as much as it hurts all of us here in Bakersfield. Thank you for your prayers they are the most powerful resource the family has right now.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 10:16 AM

Thanks Angels4....we were wondering about the dogs.

DavidE - 9-12-2011 at 10:19 AM

For me. now is not the time for "should have been's" but rather prayers that they survive. I hope that group does not target their house next :-(

shari - 9-12-2011 at 10:20 AM

thank you angels4...it's good to know things will be looked after on their home front.

shari - 9-12-2011 at 10:45 AM

sirena was just at the hospital but missed ron's daughter...and the receptionist said both ron & cristina are improving and stable but ron will need 2 more bags of blood...I'm not sure if this is to replace the 2 they gave him...something about a discount on the bill if someone can go give blood...she is confirming his blood type now....hey can anybody send her 99 pesos of minutes to her cell phone...I dont have any left on mine to send...u2u me for her number...she's out of minutes now too...

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 10:58 AM

Perhaps it's not too early to discuss the disposition of the bill being accrued at Del Carmen before it comes as a shocking surprise.
Someone has to discuss this with Christine and she should keep us apprised of the growing amount if we are going to be involved.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Is there any way to reassure Christine Nelson the sister(or whoever will ultimately make the decision) that there is over $7000 pledged for transport costs in this thread?

I think that's way, way plenty for transportation from the prices I've heard in the past.

Hello, angels4

Gypsy Jan - 9-12-2011 at 11:05 AM

Thank you for taking the time, in your hour of family crisis, to register on the Baja Nomad board and give us an update.

So many people in this community have expressed their concern for your brother and sister and it is good to know that they and theirs, the dogs, are getting the best response.

I wish you all the best,

Gypsy Jan

mtgoat666 - 9-12-2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Morning all,

Just to let people know-- Rons daughter Christine Nelson DOES know about this thread on Nomads, the ball really is in the families court now, lets not assume that the US is the only place to get competent medical care. The Los Angeles Hospital in Tj is excellent from what I hear and has an MRI facilty nearby. Lets remember that its not always the technology but also the skill, experience and compassion of the doctor/s using the tools!

Also Ron head injury was the most life threatening one, but he had other injuries as well. Chava told me his face was very lacerted and there were possible broken ribs too!

As hard as it is to just wait for us we have to let Ron's family make the informed decisions now, the offers for help are all in place should they seek them out!
Is there any way to reassure Christine Nelson the sister(or whoever will ultimately make the decision) that there is over $7000 pledged for transport costs in this thread?

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ridge]

Perhaps transport is in the works and just not known on this thread? Patients need to be stable to transport; and when intubated and on ventilator, may be taking time to get them stable? Not a simple transport

Mulegena - 9-12-2011 at 11:26 AM

Time is of the essence here. Adequate assessment cannot be made without CAT Scan.
Ron needs for someone to step-up and get him to an appropriate facility. Now.

Yes, I am frightened for him and at this point, frustrated and angry.

I'm going to walk off some of this anxiety and do something positive to help the situation.
I'm headed to the store to buy a phone card to recharge Sirena's cellphone.

Who else?
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:
Morning all,

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by ridge]

Perhaps transport is in the works and just not known on this thread? Patients need to be stable to transport; and when intubated and on ventilator, may be taking time to get them stable? Not a simple transport

tiotomasbcs - 9-12-2011 at 11:28 AM

It's great to know Ron's family and friends in the north & south are working on quickly resolving the important issues. Our extended Nomad Familia. Hang tough everyone! Our Heavenly Father.... Tio

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 11:31 AM

Just got off the phone with Pompano, I told him that I have an IC Ambulance ready to transport Ron. it can be done within the hour as soon as I tell them. they are asking for the service of IC ambulance from the Ensenada hospital to across the border in san Ysidro were the US ambulance would be waiting, $900 dollars.
Now is the daughter wanting to do this and if so how do we get the funds together?
Fernando

Roberto - 9-12-2011 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Time is of the essence here. Adequate assessment cannot be made without CAT Scan.
Ron needs for someone to step-up and get him to an appropriate facility. Now.

I am ready to go. Now. I spoke to AMR, they do cross-border emergency transfers all the time. They need an ambulance to be set up from Ensenada to the border, and they set up the rest. With appropriate personell and a hospital to go to on this side.

However, I know that if I set this up, I will hit a brick wall when I get to the hospital in Ensenada unless the daughter is ready and willing to sign the transfer request/authorization. My truck is outside, ready. As soon as I receive the word that the authorization will be signed, I will go.

Amo, what's the latest from Celia? She could set up the ambulance on that side. The AMR folks have worked with her before.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 11:45 AM

His hospital bill will have to be paid in full before they'll let him go anywhere.
I asked a while ago....does anyone know if arraingements are in place for this or does it have to be attended to?

elbeau - 9-12-2011 at 11:47 AM

This is unbelievable. I'll never understand how some people can be so inhuman to others. Ron and Christina, as well as all of you who are friends and family of them are in my prayers.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Just got off the phone with Pompano, I told him that I have an IC Ambulance ready to transport Ron. it can be done within the hour as soon as I tell them. they are asking for the service of IC ambulance from the Ensenada hospital to across the border in san Ysidro were the US ambulance would be waiting, $900 dollars.
Now is the daughter wanting to do this and if so how do we get the funds together?
Fernando

Ferna....Find out if they'll take a credit card. If yes, I'll meet them at Del Carmen.

shari - 9-12-2011 at 11:48 AM

sirena is waiting to meet with Ron's daughter who is over seeing how Cristina is doing. Her mission is to find out what Ron's daughter is planning and to let her know the funds are available and that many think they should be transferred. I am calling sirena for updates as she still has no saldo on her phone.

The hospital is asking for 2 bags of blood "A positive" to replace what Ron got and they are open till 9:30 for blood donors so that would help. Sirena says they say they are stable and responding to treatment and improving.

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 11:50 AM

I will. The most important question still is , What about Ron's daughter? she has to ok all of this

güero - 9-12-2011 at 11:53 AM

This all brings tears. I hope for the best. I can't help financially at this time but I would be happy to give blood for Ron, or to replace blood he has received. I am in Ensenada and my type is "A positivo". If anyone that is working with this process will let me know where to go and what hours, I can be there this afternoon.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
I will. The most important question still is , What about Ron's daughter? she has to ok all of this

I'm sure she will. Someone has to catch up with this woman and get some answers.
Hospital Bill??

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 11:55 AM

I'm headin' down to my office for a cold one. Anybody wanna join me?

shari - 9-12-2011 at 11:58 AM

I'll join you Dennis...but from mission control here at my desk...

sirena is waiting to speak to cristina in person to find out what the plan is.

thanks so much guero...you can go down and give blood in ron's name anytime today before 9:30...if they transport him, the bill will have to be paid and the blood is part of that bill.

güero - 9-12-2011 at 12:07 PM

I'll go right now. Where is this hospital. What street?

güero - 9-12-2011 at 12:11 PM

Is the hospital close to Reforma Blvd? North or South?

shari - 9-12-2011 at 12:12 PM

I U2U'd you sirenas cel number so she can give you directions...thanks again

AmoPescar - 9-12-2011 at 12:24 PM

Hi fdt / Sirenita and all...

RE: Celia Diaz and Binational Emergency Comm.

Fernando...maybe you can call Celia at Binational and coordinate what is going on with an ambulance.

Her phone is (619) 662-7525 or (619) 425-5080

She has not called me since yesterday evening.

The main thing is, this will all have to be OK'd by Ron's daughter. And if there is still the need to get Cristina to the U.S. ...can she get in?? Do we know yet whay her immigration status is? Does SHE have a Residncy staus of some sort?

Celia and Binational certainly have the tools and knowledge on how to get them evac'd. Please call her again and get her involved!

Miguelamo

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 12:28 PM

Just spoke to Sirenita on the phone and she has not been able to see Ron's daughter, they told her she went to check on Cristina.
At this point, there is ambulance in place, many people wanting to help but Ron's daughter is the one that has to give the go ahead.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by güero
Is the hospital close to Reforma Blvd? North or South?

Try this:

http://talkbaja.com/showthread.php?p=28327#post28327

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 12:36 PM

Just called the hospital and Ron's daughter is not back yet. Ron is stable, all they could tell me.

baronvonbob - 9-12-2011 at 12:37 PM

I am getting reports that this was a car jacking at 5:30 P.M. Saturday near LaChorera

fandango - 9-12-2011 at 12:39 PM

regarding the ensenada hospital bill:

earlier in this thread it was mentioned that ron and cristina had mex insurance for a major incident. shouldn't this insurance cover some or all of the hospital bill?

the donations pledged on this board more than cover the ambulance to the border. how to we get those funds from here to there?

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob
I am getting reports that this was a car jacking at 5:30 P.M. Saturday near LaChorera

Compliments of Sr. Martin Cortez
-----------------

POLICIACA
Roban automóvil a estadounidenses

Por El Valle, Enrique Rojas
12.09.2011 - 12:00

Agentes municipales de San Quintín recuperaron el vehículo, pero no hubo detenidos.

San Quintín, B. C. - Al filo de las 17:30 horas del pasado sábado, un ciudadano estadounidense y su cónyuge fueron agredidos por un grupo de personas de sexo masculino, quienes los despojaron de su vehículo, el cual se recuperó poco después.
El hecho ocurrió en el sitio conocido como La Chorera, en la Bahía de San Quintín, donde los presuntos delincuentes, al parecer tres hombres, se llevaron una vagoneta, modelo reciente y con placas de circulación estadounidenses.
Al recibir el reporte correspondiente, efectuado desde el mencionado sitio, una patrulla con agentes de la Policía Municipal se trasladó hacia allá, mientras que otra más se dedicó a la búsqueda de los malhechores.
Al llegar a La Chorera, los uniformados de la primera unidad solicitaron la presencia de una ambulancia, acudiendo la 215 de la Cruz Roja, para la atención del extranjero lesionado.
Esta persona fue llevada al hospital rural IMSS-Oportunidades (HRO-69) para la atención médica correspondiente.
La segunda unidad policial ubicó al vehículo reportado sobre la calle Manuel Castañeda, de la colonia Benito García. Al proceder a interceptarlo, sus ocupantes, tres personas de sexo masculino, se dieron a la fuga pie a tierra.
Se informó que dos de ellos fueron asegurados, aunque no se registraron, inicialmente, sus nombres.
En la playa se informó que la cónyuge del estadounidense lesionado, del mismo origen, se hallaba extraviada, por lo que personas que estaban en el lugar se sumaron a su búsqueda.
Minutos después fue localizada en el área. Del lado derecho del cuello presentaba una herida provocada por arma blanca, de unas dos pulgadas. A bordo de un carro particular fue llevada al mismo nosocomio.

English; sort of. I'll clean it up in a minute.
Google Translate

U.S. car stolen

In El Valle , Enrique Rojas
12.09.2011 - 12:00

San Quentin municipal officers recovered the vehicle, but no arrests were made.

San Quintin, BC - At 5:30 pm sharp last Saturday, a U.S. citizen and his spouse were assaulted by a group of male persons and robbed of their vehicle, which was recovered shortly after.

The incident occurred at the site known as La Chorera in the Bay of San Quintin, where the suspects made off with a late model wagon bearing U.S. license plates.

Upon receiving a report from there, a City Police patrol responded, while another one was dispatched to search for the perpetrators.

Arriving at La Chorera, the first unit called for an ambulance; Red Cross unit #215 responded to aid the injured American.

He was taken to the rural hospital IMSS-Oportunidades (HRO-69) for medical attention.

The second police unit spotted the stolen vehicle on Manuel Castaneda street in the Garcia Benito neighborhood. When police stopped it, three males fled on foot.

It was reported that two of them were captured, but police have not released their names.

Meanwhile on the beach the spouse of the injured American was missing, and people there went to look for her.

Minutes later she was located with a wound about two inches long on the right side of her neck caused by a knife. She was taken by private car to the same hospital.

fdt - 9-12-2011 at 12:42 PM

I think Seguro Popular only covers you at the General Hospital (government operated) Hospital General, not private hospitals.
We have to wait for Ron's daughter and then figure out about the payment. The ambulance is ready.

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 12:44 PM

I wonder where Ron's mystery sister is staying? I don't know why I wonder that. I just do.

AmoPescar - 9-12-2011 at 12:56 PM

fdt / Sirenita and all...

Celia from Binational just called me again. She was wondering what was going on. They still want to help, but permission from the daughter has to be given!!

She said Dr Lugo was on scene yesterday but was not able to make contact with the family and calls were not returned.

Sirenita...if you are at the hospital...please try to make contact with Dr. Lugo. He is a trauma sugeon and may be wearing a military uniform. He will have immediate access to an ambulance for evac. ...BUT...they'll
need permission!

AGAIN..if you need it here is Celia's phone. She may be able to help you hook up with Dr. Lugo. (619) 662-7525 or (619) 425-5080

Michael

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 12:57 PM

I've been waiting at the hospital most of the morning to talk to Ron's daughter and just now had to come grab a bite to eat and the receptionist at Del Carmen agreed to call me as soon as Christine arrived.

At this point I'm kind of worried that Ron's family has been here since last night and have still not signed the order to make any changes at all, or so it appears.

I'll try to get a feel for his daughter and find out what the plan is, and try as hard as I can to convince her to move Ron and Cristina if possible.

I'm just as stuck as everyone else while playing the waiting game...

Thanks to those of you who sent me minutes, I'll try to keep everyone posted, if you would like to send me a text to my cell with name and number so that I can text you if i get any news and am not close to a computer please u2u my mom for my number.

Minutes are now restocked ty so so much!

Diver - 9-12-2011 at 12:59 PM

Do you still have a paypall account Ferna ?
Don't know how you draw cash from paypal but maybe we can send $ to you if needed ?

I have done this with FDT in the past and he is totally and more than trustworthy.

lizard lips - 9-12-2011 at 01:00 PM

Hospital del Carmen is on Obregon and 11th streets. Obregon is one block north of Ruiz. Ruiz is the street Hussongs is on. If you are giving blood go to the main entrance, up the stairs and the lab is there or at least it was five years ago. I have given blood there many times but I am not A pos.

Get Ron to the states as soon as possible. I can't imagine why hospital employees would say he is stable and improving when he is attached to a life support system.

mtgoat666 - 9-12-2011 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
I've been waiting at the hospital most of the morning to talk to Ron's daughter and just now had to come grab a bite to eat and the receptionist at Del Carmen agreed to call me as soon as Christine arrived.

At this point I'm kind of worried that Ron's family has been here since last night and have still not signed the order to make any changes at all, or so it appears.

I'll try to get a feel for his daughter and find out what the plan is, and try as hard as I can to convince her to move Ron and Cristina if possible.

Thanks to those of you who sent me minutes, I'll try to keep everyone posted, if you would like to send me a text to my cell with name and number so that I can text you if i get any news and am not close to a computer please u2u my mom for my number.

seems odd the daughter is not present at hospital full time!
if the daughter is not making good decisions, then someone needs to talk some sense into her!

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 01:04 PM

She went to check on Ron's wife, so hopefully when I talk to her I can deliver news on both Ron and Cristina...Still waiting for the phone call to tell me she's back at the hospital

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:

You're doing great, kiddo. Hang in there.

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 01:09 PM

Thanks dennis, I'm glad to be able to help out, just frustrating to be so out of the loop while being so darn close!

DENNIS - 9-12-2011 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Hospital del Carmen is on Obregon and 11th streets. Obregon is one block north of Ruiz. Ruiz is the street Hussongs is on. If you are giving blood go to the main entrance, up the stairs and the lab is there or at least it was five years ago. I have given blood there many times but I am not A pos.

Get Ron to the states as soon as possible. I can't imagine why hospital employees would say he is stable and improving when he is attached to a life support system.

Hey Big D....maybe it's time for you to be a brother again.
Desperate needs require desperate measures.
I'll go with you and be your twin.

lizard lips - 9-12-2011 at 01:16 PM

Call me...

AmoPescar - 9-12-2011 at 01:20 PM

We need a Nomad at BOTH hospitals!!

Is there anyone who can go to these 2 hospitals and give Sirena a helping hand? She has a small child and it's not easy for her to ignore that obligation and be a F/T advocate/go-between!

WHO CAN HELP OUT???

ALSO...keep Celia and Binational in the loop. Dr Geraldo Lugo is there to help if needed!!

I'd go myself, but I'm without transportation and have a fractured ankle at the moment

Michael / Miguelamo

Roberto - 9-12-2011 at 01:23 PM

Once again, I am ready to go. Ferna will probably go with me. WE NEED CONSENT FROM HIS DAUGHTER. THAT IS THE HOLDUP RIGHT NOW, OR I WOULD BE ON THE ROAD TWO HOURS AGO.

PayPal is not a good option. You have to transfer from PayPal to a bank account and that can take up to three days.

On the other hand, if the consent is signed, this would not stop me from bringing him up here. As far as Cristina, are there any family members around? Same problem.

I am 30 mins from the border. I can be in Ensenada in about two hours, but going down there to be another person sitting around looking for his daughter seems pointless. WHERE IS HIS DAUGHTER? Does anyone have her phone number?

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by Roberto]

Skipjack Joe - 9-12-2011 at 01:24 PM

Quote:

Yes, that worries me too. There is a huge discrepancy between what you saw and what they are reporting. Perhaps 'stable' means that all the vital signs are still good. Whatever. All of this is very worrisome for us just reading these posts. It's approaching 36 hours now and we can't move Ron 200 miles! All the permission requirements make sense but the result doesn't.

AmoPescar - 9-12-2011 at 01:27 PM

Roberto/Fernando....

GO TO THE HOSPITALS...Be there on site to help out in any way you can!!!

Maybe if you are there, you can help convince the daughter to give the needed permission! Sje must be convince that this is best for Ron!

Miguelamo

Million thanks, Sirena

Mulegena - 9-12-2011 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
...playing the waiting game...

Thanks so much for going the mile, Sirena.
Got Izaak with you?

More minutes coming soon, Sirena.
Telcel store was closed for siesta.

astrobaja - 9-12-2011 at 01:30 PM

Sirenita: our friend from the condor station Catalina Porras is at the hospital where Ron is waiting for his daughter to arrive. I told her that lots of people think both need to be moved to a better facility (one with an MRI) and that Ron needs to see a head trauma specialist. I attached pic of herso you will recognize her. hopefully she is not wearing a condorsuit!

40874_1590864564952_1036001535_31719111_2887379_n.jpg - 16kB

SiReNiTa - 9-12-2011 at 01:31 PM

Yep i've got my baby on board and he's being super good so far but i'm not sure how long that'll last...hasn't had any boob action all day poor kiddo LOL

shari - 9-12-2011 at 01:36 PM

thanks to zoe & mulegena for the minutes....sirena just called me and will pass on hopefully to cristina all the news...anyone know what hotel she is in? apparently she is aware of this thread and possibly checking it at times hopefully....i agree about having big brother there for back up for sirena.

sirena mentioned all the mistakes in the police report which could be to their advantage at the moment... perhaps some security may be a wise idea. She is also going to solicit the assistance of her husbands doctor uncle to get a better idea of ron's injuries.

JESSE - 9-12-2011 at 01:37 PM

Just so you know, Angeles hospital in Tijuana does have complete state of the art MRI facilities in premise, and its considered the best hospital in northwest Mexico. I just talked to a doctor there who is a long time friend, and if theres any interest in moving him to Angeles, hes there ready to help.

bajafam - 9-12-2011 at 01:37 PM

Our prayers are with Ron and Cristina.
I have no words for the sadness in my heart :(

Roberto - 9-12-2011 at 01:40 PM

Latest is that Ferna spoke to his daughter:

"Ron is doing much better. They are going to disconnect him from whatever he's connected to, and he should be home in three days".

She also apparently paid a bill that included MRI costs???? of several thousand dollars. She has no intention of moving him anywhere.

Very different report from the others, but it comes from his daughter so there it is. Let's pray it's accurate. Fernando and I are still on standby and will remain so should anything change.

Roberto - 9-12-2011 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Just so you know, Angeles hospital in Tijuana does have complete state of the art MRI facilities in premise, and its considered the best hospital in northwest Mexico. I just talked to a doctor there who is a long time friend, and if theres any interest in moving him to Angeles, hes there ready to help.

I also spoke to two friends who live in TJ, and they confirm this. Apparently, however, it is quite expensive, more so when compared to other Hospitals in TJ.

AmoPescar - 9-12-2011 at 01:47 PM

WELL...from what Roberto said of Fernando's talk with the daughter...it doesn't matter anymore!! It's a DONE DEAL!

We're not there to hear for ourselves...So we've just got to let his/her fate rest in the daughter's hands!!

Michael

astrobaja - 9-12-2011 at 01:51 PM

Roberto and all, Ok I can corroborate the story Ferna got. Just talked to Caty via viber (iphone app) and yes he has had an MRI and he has no blood clots. They were trying to take out his breathing tube but he was struggling a bit. He also has a broken jaw. Caty got all this talking to Christina and her husband. Cristina was NOT cut in the throat as the story was told in the papaer (and what I heard from Chava) but they tried to strangle her! So both are improving by leaps and bounds!!

JESSE - 9-12-2011 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Roberto and all, Ok I can corroborate the story Ferna got. Just talked to Caty via viber (iphone app) and yes he has had an MRI and he has no blood clots. They were trying to take out his breathing tube but he was struggling a bit. He also has a broken jaw. Caty got all this talking to Christina and her husband. Cristina was NOT cut in the throat as the story was told in the papaer (and what I heard from Chava) but they tried to strangle her! So both are improving by leaps and bounds!!

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  14