BajaNomad

BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  15

gnukid - 7-25-2021 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
If you are vaccinated you really should go. If you want stay clear of ppl for extra safety. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised.

Lets make sense. Paul says he usually goes South in February and is planning for next year. NEXT YEAR? And JZ jumps on it and sez ''you really should go.'' Go next year?

Hey Paul. It's wishful thinking planning anything right now. You'll really be planning an 11th hour escape at the end of the year or longer.

And then there's the local attitude. Any bets on what the locals in Bocana or Asuncion will think if you show up next week? You guys are a riot.

How do you know I don't have a place in La Bocana? Quite a few transactions recently...

I live in Mexico and am integrated into the community. If I go north for a visit in Summer, I go south by August or September. because I love the change of seasons from September to October to November, I really enjoy all the seasonal changes, especially Spring.

A community is made up of people who choose to live in a geographic location, contribute, work together and survive, people who choose to live in La Bocana will be there working together, visitors who are staying short term will be there working together, some will stay, some will leave and some will never leave.

The people who choose La Bocano as their home can do whatever they want, they stay inside or go outside, go fishing, surfing, kiteboarding, wing foiling, off roading, hiking and biking, work on projects and build a house etc.

We know that fresh air and sunshine are among the best immune system boosters.

This pandemic has been a test to know who is truly community, family, loved ones and who is a true friend. I'm sticking with all of the above.

Its time some of you lighten up with the idea that anyone beside yourself is responsible for your health, start now to contribute to both personal and community health with fresh food farming and enjoy the benefits of community, gardens, and communal cooking.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by gnukid]

Alm - 7-25-2021 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Why the Vaccinated Are Still at Risk From Coronavirus
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-22/why-the-v...

Apparently Bloomberg agrees with what I wrote before reading it. Vaccines are less effective against the variants, and some people are dumb - they are supposed to take precautions for 2 weeks after vaccination.

How COVID Vaccines May Harm Your Health
https://undercurrents723949620.wordpress.com/2021/06/13/how-...

This is the writing by the NVIC founder. An Upside Down Doctor, The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation, and other honorary titles. I wonder what other useless cr-ap can be found reading through other ghukid links, and am glad that I didn't. Such a waste of time.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by Alm]

gnukid - 7-25-2021 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

This is the writing by the NVIC founder. An Upside Down Doctor, The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation, and other honorary titles. I wonder what other useless cr-ap can be found reading through other ghukid links, and am glad that I didn't. Such a waste of time.

Make a specific point, highlight your objection, your post is simply emotional expression and does not give anyone any idea what you are objecting to, or what you think and why. Why not take a moment to make a clear statement to highlight your idea (thesis), with supporting statements, summary and sourced articles, and drop the emotion.

The topic at hand, is that the CDC/FDA have withdrawn the only test commonly in use for SARS2 in humans, meaning there has never been a valid test I use for SARS2 in humans. Nor has there been unique isolation of SARS2 from a human, demonstrating it exists and grows, while causing symptoms of illness.

The vaccine (while not actually vaccine) is experimental, unauthorized, untested on high risk demographics, and has high numbers of adverse affects, injuries, and deaths without demonstratable efficacy.

The lack of evidence to support the vaccine, in combination with the mounting evidence of fraud, lack of evidenced based decision making, flip-flopping, ignoring traditional medical best practices in prevention and treatment, have resulted in large numbers of injury and deaths.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by gnukid]

SFandH - 7-25-2021 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
One set is about graphene in masks and vaccines. Graphene is a relatively new, exotic material made out of carbon, and the other set is about breakthrough infections/illnesses.

It's not clear that graphene is something to worry about but breakthrough infections certainly are.

Some Chinese companies have been known to use graphene. This and other warnings about masks are for people who wear it all day long. Retiree spending time outdoors in unpopulated area, going indoors only for shopping or doctor's visit, can afford to (and should) use N95 mask. Buy 3M, they are high standard, no graphene there. I usually air it on the shelf for a few days before putting it on. Get 3, rotate one each day for natural disinfecting - the virus dies after 40-50 hours on the shelf. Don't carry it in your pocket when not in use, to avoid fibres breaking and bacteria growth - however, I haven't come up with a good solution other than putting it in a small empty daypack.

About breakthrough cases. If you look at the numbers, there were 600 such cases in the Mass in a week (rise from 4,500 to 5,100). Their daily cases - mostly among unvaccinated, of course - are 600 a day. Probably was 6,000 a day before they began the vaccination campaign. Possible reason - variants. Also, some people don't use commons sense, they stop taking precautions right after the 1st shot - nope, it takes 2 weeks for antibodies to develop. Some were probably infected when they came to get the shot - restrictions have been lifted, people are celebrating, so this is the price.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by Alm]

Thanks. I appreciate the info and analysis.

JZ - 7-25-2021 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Even vaccinated people are testing positive. Travel could be dangerous to others, especially your MAGA associates. Your choices can endanger others. That's kind of what this whole thing is about, if you can recall.

John

Why aren't you following the science? Straight from the CDC website:

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance."

The website also says you have a greatly reduced risk of getting Covid if fully vaccinated. And even in the oft chance you do, you are much less likely to spread it.

You can sit in your basement all you want, but the "science" says there is no reason to do so.

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by JZ]

SFandH - 7-25-2021 at 05:37 PM

Seems to me that whether or not the pandemic is improving or worsening can change significantly in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any guidance about proper behavior can quickly become out-of-date.

Even though the phrase is overused, I'll use it, "an abundance of caution" is wise.

Don Pisto - 7-25-2021 at 05:40 PM

Even vaccinated people are testing positive. Travel could be dangerous to others, especially your MAGA associates. Your choices can endanger others. That's kind of what this whole thing is about, if you can recall.

John

Why aren't you following the science? Straight from the CDC website:

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance."

The website also says you have a greatly reduced risk of getting Covid if fully vaccinated. And even in the oft chance you do, you are much less likely to spread it.

You can sit in your basement all you want, but the "science" says there is no reason to do so.

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by JZ]

hold the presses....
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-cdc-mask-mandate-155642381....

gnukid - 7-25-2021 at 09:20 PM

How covid19 virus changes in response to vaccines

Viral immune evasion: a masterpiece of evolution
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12439615/

How The Covid-19 Virus Changes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/01/06/how...

Neutralising antibodies in Spike mediated SARS-CoV-2 adaptation
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.05.20241927v...

pauldavidmena - 7-26-2021 at 07:47 AM

If you are vaccinated you really should go. If you want stay clear of ppl for extra safety. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised.

Your purchase of gas, a few fish tacos, and measly 5% tipping will not save the Mexican, American, nor world economy. Eradicating covid will.

John

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, but the reports of breakthrough infection has us a bit on edge. We live on Cape Cod, where the annual influx of summer tourists, combined with the Delta variant, is driving a surge in positive tests. We have been following the CDC guidelines as far as no longer wearing masks, returning to restaurants and music venues (both outdoors), etc., but naturally I'd feel more confident if the trends improved.

The same caution, if not more, will guide our decision about visiting Baja in February. Winters in New England can be pretty brutal, but Covid even more so.

pauldavidmena - 7-26-2021 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Lets make sense. Paul says he usually goes South in February and is planning for next year. NEXT YEAR? And JZ jumps on it and sez ''you really should go.'' Go next year?

Hey Paul. It's wishful thinking planning anything right now. You'll really be planning an 11th hour escape at the end of the year or longer.

And then there's the local attitude. Any bets on what the locals in Bocana or Asuncion will think if you show up next week? You guys are a riot.

We usually try to make our plans six months in advance, which puts us in a bit of a bind when current conditions look so discouraging. To count on the trend to reverse seems like quite the gamble. Winning that bet would be awesome; losing - not so much.

SFandH - 7-26-2021 at 09:43 AM

26 Jul 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/coronavirus - not updated
BC - new data source -
Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-07-26 9.37.38 AM.png - 128kB

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by SFandH]

Stickers - 7-26-2021 at 11:12 AM

Simple - 99.5% COVID deaths are unvaccinated

4x4abc - 7-26-2021 at 12:38 PM

I kinda like the situation.
At least this time the dumb and stubborn leave the gene pool.
There is little collateral damage and the balance looks good.

John Harper - 7-26-2021 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
I kinda like the situation.
At least this time the dumb and stubborn leave the gene pool.
There is little collateral damage and the balance looks good.

Like the unicorns that refused to board the Ark.

John

pacificobob - 7-26-2021 at 03:25 PM

i often wonder if those choosing to not get vaccinated are as conscious in other health areas..... alcohol, soft drinks, preservatives, non organic foods?
like those health nuts in Arkansas and Florida?

gnukid - 7-26-2021 at 04:14 PM

Let's try to answer some basic Baja Nomad questions:

FDA/CDC declared PCR RT test is not valid due to false positives and inability to identify isolated covid19, then what is a case? Is a case a phone call, Evaluation? Symptoms? Flu?

Moderna, Pfizer, AstroZenica, J&J each state there injections use various methods to inset synthetic mRNA to provoke AI modeled spike production, and that will hopefully provoke antibody production, which is the toxin resulting in cellular degradation, forever, but, the shots do not reduce infection, reduce transmission, or reduce severe symptoms, the benefit f the vaccine according to manufacturers study is "some people may experience reduced mild symptoms"?

The shots are unapproved, emergency use, experimental, there is no standard of production, quality control, no insert guidelines, unknown ingredients, no tracking or testing of outcome and efficacy? Worse, thousands have died within days and many more are injured?

Naturally infected and recuperated have the highest known form of immunity to future similar corona infections and variants and share that with others through contact?

Why are fully vaccinated people who have limited immunity, hyper focused on unvaccinated who are naturally recuperated with the best form immunity that exists, yet they are being restricted, discriminated, and isolated?

What iare the arguments to support broad vaccine use of these types with children, pregnant women, and those at risk? Or for anyone?

Why are those who are vaccinated preoccupied with those who are infected and recuperated now with the highest immunity?

Adverse effects from these vaccines are widespread? Yet, there is broad effort to deny these adverse effects as relevant, of concern, or worth investigation, while many vaccinated people are injured and many vaccinated who are subsequently hospitalized and die?

What are so many young people suffering serious thrombosis injury and death following the shots? While identified and admitted, the promotion to inject these high risk demographics continues while no benefit is derived for adolescents and young adults?

If you got vaccinated and you feel protected with confidence it is the right thing for you, why are you concerned with those who are are recuperated and will remain unvaccinated because it would not be a benefit and is a high risk?

Why is the promotion of vacciine so convoluted, with so many conflicts, fallacy, while the issues of risk versus benefit are not addressed?

Why is there no medical prevention and treatment protocol communicated by CDC/FDA/WHO, while so many options exist with long term success and low risk? Isn't failure to provide known treatment medical malpractice?

[Edited on 7-27-2021 by gnukid]

4x4abc - 7-26-2021 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i often wonder if those choosing to not get vaccinated are as conscious in other health areas..... alcohol, soft drinks, preservatives, non organic foods?
like those health nuts in Arkansas and Florida?

believers are especially at risk (religion, yoga, alt medicine etc) of following doubt based advice that is good for them
those who trust (in science, reason etc) are likely to do something that is good for all

4x4abc - 7-26-2021 at 04:21 PM

guys like him should rot in jail:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola...

ligui - 7-27-2021 at 05:43 AM

JZ that was a great comeback wish I could think as fast as you. :P

SFandH - 7-27-2021 at 06:23 AM

"COVID-19 infections are increasing in Mexico, with 12,856 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 73% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on January 20."

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-m...

I've recently started keeping track of the "% of the peak" number. Today it is at 73%. On 19 July, one week ago it was 56%. That's quite a jump.

The US has jumped from 13% to 23% in the same time period.

Skipjack Joe - 7-27-2021 at 07:17 AM

"COVID-19 infections are increasing in Mexico, with 12,856 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 73% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on January 20."

I've recently started keeping track of the "% of the peak" number. Today it is at 73%. On 19 July, one week ago it was 56%. That's quite a jump.

I think what's happening is that restrictions have been loosened because of the substantial number of vaccinated people now and the unvaccinated are getting infected as a result. In the US the unvaccinated seem to be voluntary. In Mexico the vaccine rollout is lagging based on Blanca's comments. And, of course, the D variant is more contagious.

John Harper - 7-27-2021 at 07:19 AM

And you have to factor in that a lot of people are now vaccinated, so 73% of the previous "unvaccinated" peak means that the spread of covid through the remaining population of unvaccinated seems to indicate a more serious problem.

John

JZ - 7-27-2021 at 08:14 AM

Mexico is a mess. They need to get vaccinated.

JZ - 7-27-2021 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
JZ that was a great comeback wish I could think as fast as you. :P

Thanks amigo, I try.

ligui - 7-27-2021 at 01:01 PM

:biggrin: Jz wish to meet you some day. Cold ones are on me.

Viva Baja.

gnukid - 7-27-2021 at 01:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Genetically engineered 'Magneto' protein remotely controls brain and behaviour

No doubting the science on this one!

The range is limited, though: Is it a coincidence that 5G technology is expanding so widely about the same time as the majority of the population is getting vaccinated? Don't 5G nodes have to be like every 500 feet?

And how much of the hardware running that 5G is currently coming out of China? :O

Anyone can read and understand the agenda. I've shared hundreds, if not thousands, of articles, studies, patents, etc to note how prevalent are projects associated to injected magnetized nanoparticles in the covid shots aligned with large numbers of patents on current produced nanotechnology to use EMF via 5G type of mesh grids to influence broad groups of people's behavior, thought, mood etc.

This is not new, this technology has been in use for a long time, but now it's being distributed and implemented widely, through the CV injections integrated with 5G MESH+wifi IOT.

Today, the effort is to get everyone injected with "hydrogel" nanoparticle graphene and who knows what else, to increase two-way transmission of EMF via the receiver/transmitter (person) for societal control.

At the same time the grid is being expanded with 5G, localized in home units, like you have with Comcast and ATT, that have both internal LAN and external 5G LAN in urban environments, on every traffic post in Cities, and also with thousands of low satellites now in being implemented in broad use by Stralink, Amazon, Facebook and in promoted projects like Elon Musk's NeuraLink.

These technologies are the same type used in the Gulf War and Consulate attacks to debilitate people, but have been used in targeted manner for a long time, now they can be used broadly for social control, in particular on debilitated vaccinated people.

Here's a book from 1985 on positive aspects of the topic
The Body Electric (PDF) - Dr Robert O. Becker - EMF Research
https://www.emfresearch.com/the-body-electric/

Recent News

US investigating possible mysterious directed energy attack near White House
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/29/politics/us-investigating-mys...

How the Soviets Weaponized EMFs During the Cold War
https://www.gaia.com/article/how-the-soviets-weaponized-emfs...

Growing Mystery Of Suspected Energy Attacks Draws U.S. Concern
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/energy-attacks-us-diplomats_n...

'Sonic attacks' suffered by US diplomats likely caused by microwave energy, government study says
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/health/head-injuries-us-diplo...

Related patents to use injectable nanoparticles to control your access to crypto currency

Cryptocurrency system using body activity data
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2020060606A1/en

Bill Gates, Vaccinations, Microchips, And Patent 060606
https://orientalreview.org/2020/04/29/bill-gates-vaccination...

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/docs2/iasr/WO2020060606/...

The Future of Graphene and 5G
https://grolltex.com/the-future-of-graphene-and-5g/

Biomimetic carbon nanotubes for neurological disease therapeutics as inherent medication
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221138351...

Fight against COVID-19 pandemic with the help of carbon-based nanomaterials
https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2021/nj/d1nj0...

Graphene oxide has its absorption band in 5G
https://www.orwell.city/2021/06/la-quinta-columna-graphene-5...

SFandH - 7-27-2021 at 02:18 PM

No problem, I've just started selling rare earth pin-head-sized magnets that you super glue to your eyelids and incisors. They completely negate magneto-protein remote control signals emitted by 5G cellular transceivers. They even work after the third mRNA booster shot.

Send U2U to JZ for more info.

gnukid - 7-27-2021 at 02:57 PM

Very sad that people are making fun of a deadly scam that is precipitating severe global health crisis.

It's not hard to read, nor to understand, there are no demonstrable benefits to these experimental computer modeled synthetic mRNA injections that cause toxic spike protein hyper production, which causes thrombosis, pathogenic priming, and cytokine storms, resulting in significant harm and death.

It seems that in order to avoid confronting one's personal failure to be informed and manage your health, some people project arrogance and idiocy, to avoid acknowledging the harm they caused to themselves and loved ones, through their ignorance, when they accepted an experimental gene modification injection, while they had no idea what it was or what outcomes would result.

Now we have mass debilitation, mass injuries, deaths, and still trolls post idiotic jokes. Sad.

SFandH - 7-27-2021 at 03:11 PM

there are no demonstrable benefits to these experimental computer modeled synthetic mRNA injections

Then why is it that the hospitalized people are the folks who are unvaccinated?

The vaccinated folks aren't in the hospitals, sick with COVID.

Seems like a benefit to me.

[Edited on 7-27-2021 by SFandH]

Skipjack Joe - 7-27-2021 at 03:11 PM

Very sad that people are making fun of a deadly scam that is precipitating severe global health crisis.
Now we have mass debilitation, mass injuries, deaths, and still trolls post idiotic jokes. Sad.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do. "

I like it. The martyr role suits you well.

[Edited on 7-27-2021 by Skipjack Joe]

Ateo - 7-27-2021 at 07:52 PM

Here's a tid bit to reinforce gnukid's false beliefs for another 20 years:

A friend of ours in Mazatlan has been extremely scared of Covid given the subpar medical care and vaccine scarcity in Mexico the last year and half. He did all the right things - including getting vaccinated recently with 2 doses of vaccine. He died in the back of his pick up truck last night after requesting an ambulance that never came. His kids were trying to get him admitted to a hospital. Apparently they were turned away while he was gasping for air. No funeral, no burial, just straight to the incinerator to be cremated.

Anyways, this is rare. Most people who are vaccinated don't die horrible deaths like this - that's more common for the unvaccinated.

So, out of 4 serious Covid cases with our friends down there, 3 have died and 1 survived.

RIP

JDCanuck - 7-27-2021 at 09:31 PM

This is such a sad report, and especially that this was 3 of your friends. What more could he have possibly done? Or the other 2 you mention? There are absolutely no words to be found to help overcome what you must be feeling.

Ateo - 7-28-2021 at 09:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
...including getting vaccinated recently with 2 doses of vaccine.

You happen to know which one?

And how long it'd been since he completed the course?

:( :(

It’s kind of a touchy subject and a very difficult time for the family. If that information wanders out I’ll let you know but I don’t feel comfortable asking them about that. My guess is that he probably received the most common vaccine that is in the Sinaloa area. Judging by his age I would guess he was vaccinated about a month and a half ago.

David K - 7-28-2021 at 09:32 AM

So sorry for the loss of your friend, Jon!:(

azucena - 7-29-2021 at 09:23 PM

So sorry for your loss. It is just so difficult.

One thing that I have heard in some areas,due to lapses in proper storage protocols for the vaccines ,some of these improperly stored\ transported vaccines may have lost potency and effectiveness.
Not saying this as fact, but this has been mentioned as a concern

SFandH - 7-30-2021 at 06:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-v...

Third booster shot being pushed out by Pfizer in the US as breakthroughs becoming more and more common. Many in Baja still waiting to obtain the first.

Folks in baja and other places where the vaccine isn't there for the asking must be in disbelief about people who refuse it. I know I am.

From the article you linked to:

"WHO officials said Monday that the longer that people around the world remain unvaccinated and social mixing continues, the higher the risk of a more dangerous variant to emerge."

This is what I'm worried about. A more deadly mutation.

Mr. Bills - 7-30-2021 at 08:18 AM

For once, gnukid and I agree on something. The number of positive tests alone is a relatively meaningless statistic.

What matters more is the impact of covid infections on hospital/heath system capacity and the number of patients who are actually dying from the viral infection vs. another cause.

SFandH - 7-30-2021 at 09:22 AM

Third booster shot being pushed out by Pfizer in the US as breakthroughs becoming more and more common. Many in Baja still waiting to obtain the first.

Folks in baja and other places where the vaccine isn't there for the asking must be in disbelief about people who refuse it. I know I am.

"WHO officials said Monday that the longer that people around the world remain unvaccinated and social mixing continues, the higher the risk of a more dangerous variant to emerge."

Really, the major issue is there just are not enough effective vaccines being produced to vaccinate all those that want it and prevent variations. They will show up wherever the highest number of people are not carrying antibodies, either naturally acquired or artificially produced through "vaccines"as they have up til now. The concerning part I got from this article is that the Pfizer produced protection is now expected to be far more temporary than previously thought.

This could end up like the flu vaccine where you need to get vaccinated every year to keep up with the mutations. The Israel experience is interesting. From what I understand they used only the Pfizer vax and it appears that its effectiveness wears off after 6 months or so.

Also concerning is the vaccinated folks that get re-infected with the delta variant, even if asymptomatic, carry a high viral load and are infectious. I wonder if we'll see the "omega" variant. The last letter of the Greek alphabet.

BajaMama - 7-30-2021 at 10:39 AM

Really, the major issue is there just are not enough effective vaccines being produced to vaccinate all those that want it and prevent variations. They will show up wherever the highest number of people are not carrying antibodies, either naturally acquired or artificially produced through "vaccines"as they have up til now. The concerning part I got from this article is that the Pfizer produced protection is now expected to be far more temporary than previously thought.

There are enough vaccine doses to vaccinate every single person living in the United States. Some people are just too misinformed to get it.

pacificobob - 7-30-2021 at 10:52 AM

misinformed?
perhaps "wilfully ignorant" would be more accurate.

JZ - 7-30-2021 at 11:00 AM

misinformed?

Are you calling 62% of Blacks and Hispanics in the US "willfully ignorant?"

Be careful.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by JZ]

SFandH - 7-30-2021 at 11:14 AM

What are the arguments to support broad vaccine use of these CV synthetic mRNA types in children, pregnant women, and those seniors at high risk? Or for anyone?

What are the risks to the CV vaccines, what benefits do they provide?

Why are those who are vaccinated preoccupied with those who are infected and recuperated now with the highest immunity?

Why are adverse effects from these vaccines so widespread?

Why are so many low risk young people suffering serious thrombosis injury and death following the shots?

What benefit is derived for adolescents and young adults in taking the vaccine?

You have a lot of questions.

I have one for you, just one.

What can you conclude about the effectiveness of the vaccines knowing about 50% of the population is vaccinated and 95% of the COVID hospitalizations are people in the other 50% who are unvaccinated?

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by SFandH]

gnukid - 7-30-2021 at 11:56 AM

Why does the RT PCR test for the spike protein that the vaccine amplifies and not the SARS2 virus?

Why is that there is no test for SARS2 that produces a valid result after all this time?

motoged - 7-30-2021 at 12:24 PM

misinformed?

Are you calling 62% of Blacks and Hispanics in the US "willfully ignorant?"

Be careful.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by JZ]

I will break this down into paragraphs for those challenged by reading without moving their lips or running their finger along the line:

Maybe a matter of both.... as the word "perhaps" allows both factors to be considered.

Some folks don't break things down into an "either/or" view of phenomena.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by motoged]

SFandH - 7-30-2021 at 04:31 PM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week. I'll post all the numbers Monday.

Not good for our baja friends. :(

motoged - 7-30-2021 at 06:37 PM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week. I'll post all the numbers Monday.

If folks pay attention to world news, The Delta surge is happening globally with the 4th surge well underway.

Restrictions recently lifted is a BAD MOVE.... this fall and winter is going to be a bugger.

Vaccinated folks can transmit the Delta variant as well as unvaccinated is what I am seeing reported.

pauldavidmena - 7-30-2021 at 06:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

If folks pay attention to world news, The Delta surge is happening globally with the 4th surge well underway.

Restrictions recently lifted is a BAD MOVE.... this fall and winter is going to be a bugger.

Vaccinated folks can transmit the Delta variant as well as unvaccinated is what I am seeing reported.

Where I live (Cape Cod) there was a recent spike in infections in Provincetown. It seems that 3/4 of the positive tests were from vaccinated people, although early indications are that most symptoms are mild or non-existent. Nevertheless I feel that the zeal to return to normal might be more related to the seasonal economy than science.

Alm - 7-30-2021 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

Where I live (Cape Cod) there was a recent spike in infections in Provincetown. It seems that 3/4 of the positive tests were from vaccinated people, although early indications are that most symptoms are mild or non-existent. Nevertheless I feel that the zeal to return to normal might be more related to the seasonal economy than science.

Yes, and yes. Lifting the restrictions was not based on science, and Cape Cod data do show that vaccinated can get infected and spread the virus, however they have lower risk of hospitalization or death.

Hospitalization rates are 3 times higher among states that have fully vaccinated less than half of their residents, compared to the those that have vaccinated more than half of their residents.

Daily death rate is 2.5 times higher among the states that vaccinated less than half of their residents, compared to those who vaccinated more than half.

Nation-wide, daily cases are also 2.5 lower among the states who vaccinated more than half, notwithstanding local outbreaks like Cape Cod.

Florida has the highest current hospitalization rate, and less than 49% of the state's population is fully vaccinated.
Vermont has the lowest current hospitalization rate and the highest vaccination rate 67%.

Analysis of John Hopkins data

[Edited on 7-31-2021 by Alm]

SFandH - 7-30-2021 at 08:07 PM

And we have students going back to indoor, closed window classrooms with 20 or 30 people in close proximity. What percentage of school kids are vaccinated?

motoged - 7-30-2021 at 08:14 PM

Take a look around and a step back

Vast implications of Covid ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/political-violence-related-to-covid-19-could-lead-to-unravelling-of-societies-worldwide-observers-say-1.6122381

Alm - 7-30-2021 at 10:38 PM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week.

If they are doing their job right, trends of the last 2 weeks are not reliable. It takes time to process the tests and collect and enter the data.

Here is the diagram of confirmed cases - not active cases: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/. Click on the state, see the bar graph on the right. By default it opens compressed to the last 2 weeks and always looks like declining cases, ignore this period. Move the left slider all the way to the left.

Right now we should be looking at the period ending July 16 - there is definitely an increase in Baja Sur and a weak upward trend in Baja, barely any trend at all.

Alm - 7-30-2021 at 11:01 PM

Take a look around and a step back

Vast implications of Covid ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/political-violence-related-to-covid-19-could-lead-to-unravelling-of-societies-worldwide-observers-say-1.6122381

Yeah, but in South Africa people are desperate because of the shortage of food and vaccine, while in the US "...strong sense of COVID denialism present in [those] protests, a sense that COVID was a product of nefarious international forces — Bill Gates, George Soros and others".

Here in Canada the areas with the highest case numbers were big cities like Toronto (makes sense, high population density), and Alberta province - no big cities there but plenty of oil rigs, stampedes and protesters.

Skipjack Joe - 7-30-2021 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, you're right. But I still think we're far better off than a year ago. We're ahead of the curve now and don't have our backs against the wall. The pharmaceuticals have time to develop new vaccines and even cures while the old vaccines are still fairly effective. Perhaps a booster of even the same vaccine will add time.

Personally I feel we've been too flexible with non-vaccinators. Unless you have a medical reason not to get vaccinated you should be required to do so. No more about my rights being violated. We're dealing with a pandemic for goshsakes. We've kind of created our own by begging and cajoling people into being vaccinated. Anyway, that's my opinion.

JZ - 7-30-2021 at 11:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Personally I feel we've been too flexible with non-vaccinators. Unless you have a medical reason not to get vaccinated you should be required to do so. No more about my rights being violated. We're dealing with a pandemic for goshsakes. We've kind of created our own by begging and cajoling people into being vaccinated. Anyway, that's my opinion.

You are nuts. The unvaccinated have far less confidence in the vaccines today than they did a week ago.

You definitely can't read the room.

The CDC is butchering the messaging.

SFandH - 7-31-2021 at 04:40 AM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week.

If they are doing their job right, trends of the last 2 weeks are not reliable. It takes time to process the tests and collect and enter the data.

Here is the diagram of confirmed cases - not active cases: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/. Click on the state, see the bar graph on the right. By default it opens compressed to the last 2 weeks and always looks like declining cases, ignore this period. Move the left slider all the way to the left.

Right now we should be looking at the period ending July 16 - there is definitely an increase in Baja Sur and a weak upward trend in Baja, barely any trend at all.

Interesting web page. Good data presentation. The BC / BCS accumulated trend lines with the date slider to the left are quite different with BCS showing a significant positive slope and BC almost flat. The influx of summer-time vacationers to Los Cabos is probably the reason.

I wonder what the percentages are for fly-in Los Cabos / La Paz vacationers from other parts of Mexico vs. vacationers from the US. Does anybody have a feel for that?

John Harper - 7-31-2021 at 05:32 AM

And we have students going back to indoor, closed window classrooms with 20 or 30 people in close proximity. What percentage of school kids are vaccinated?

Our schools start again on the 17th. I'm already assuming masking will be required by our district once again. Most our district employees have been vaccinated from what I've heard. We shall see.

John

drzura - 7-31-2021 at 07:54 AM

You all are funny. Is this the way all you senior citizens behave and speak to each other in person? Worse than high school. This site has really gone down hill in the past couple years. Desperately need some "new blood" to join this site... like 45 years old and younger. :biggrin:

[Edited on 7-31-2021 by drzura]

Alm - 7-31-2021 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
You all are funny. Is this the way all you senior citizens behave and speak to each other in person? Worse than high school. This site has really gone down hill in the past couple years. Desperately need some "new blood" to join this site... like 45 years old and younger. :biggrin:

You think one can't be an idiot at 45 and younger? :)

John Harper - 7-31-2021 at 10:37 AM

I'd say almost the entire the world thinks 45 was an idiot.

John

drzura - 7-31-2021 at 10:59 AM

Sure they can... but I would say that all the banter that goes back and forth on this site typically comes from 4 or 5 members who are part of the more "mature" crowd. Of the 27 pages for this thread, 1 page may be of useful information while the 26 other pages are banter going back and forth between these 4 or 5 people. It would be nice to have a fresh outlook on Baja perspectives and topics. To do that you need new members to join this site. There are many people who travel back and forth who can share their experiences and adventures.

I think in general, this website has grown stale and boring. By that, I mean the front-end user interface has not changed much, if at all, since I have become a member, back in 2006. I believe a "refreshed" dynamic front end user interface could draw more interest and traffic to this site. Lots of other possibilities too.

DouglasP - 7-31-2021 at 02:59 PM

Haven't swung into this place in awhile......
Good Gawd, nothing has changed.

Skipjack Joe - 7-31-2021 at 05:42 PM

I mean the front-end user interface has not changed much,

Form over content?

Works fine on a full-sized screen, not so well on mobile platforms.

I think more than format, potential newcomers are put off by the toxic environment, which has nothing to do with the user interface. :(

You mean like pictures of people farting at each other?

Alm - 7-31-2021 at 05:48 PM

I would say that all the banter that goes back and forth on this site typically comes from 4 or 5 members who are part of the more "mature" crowd. Of the 27 pages for this thread, 1 page may be of useful information while the 26 other pages are banter going back and forth between these 4 or 5 people.

It's been like this forever. Threads go down the toilet after the first 6-7 posts, and there are waay more than 4 or 5 people doing it. Even the most narrow topic rarely escapes the fate.

caj13 - 7-31-2021 at 07:12 PM

So as I understand the current science, it looks like the delta variant can break through and infect vaccinated individuals with high loads of virus, but it doesn't make them sick, or very mild sysptoms.
and
The delta variant looks to be more infective than the common cold, and just about as infective as chicken pox.

additionally, for unvaccinated individuals, The Delta variant is making them sicker, faster, with more serious effects.

Perfect, so I can walk around maskless (I am fully vaccinated) not worrying about getting a dangerous infection, and knowing that others fully vaccinated will be just fine.

I could very well be infecting others, but so what - thats my choice right?. You personal freedom heros - You made your choices - you own the consequences! a delta variant that is more infective, produces more severe effects quicker - who cares! -

I would be very interested in partying with you antivax / anti mask heros! - i'm particularly looking for you Paul! don't forget your bushel full of carrots, rutabeggas,radishes!

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 06:58 AM

Good people are sick in the hospital and dying, many more are sick at home, unable to work, because of these people.

anti-vax.jpeg - 31kB

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by SFandH]

Ateo - 8-1-2021 at 07:17 AM

Bad ideas have consequences...........free will is questionable.....the mind virus continues to mutate and take new hosts.........

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 08:36 AM

Benefits of mask wearing as reported recently through the scientists providing data from Johns Hopkins to Health Officials across the US remains questionable.

I don't see how covering your mouth and nose to guard against virus-infected droplets exhaled by others in close proximity can be a questionable practice.

And mask-wearing is even more effective in combatting the spread of the virus when an infected person wears one.

Not wearing a mask because they are supposedly ineffective goes against simple logic.

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 08:42 AM

Locally in our health region, we lost more seniors isolated in their homes in 2 days from the heat wave than we did from Covid in 18 months. There are always costs to lock downs and other broadly applied measures and we depend on the local Health Authorities to balance risks against benefits.

You're conflating the problems due to the heatwave with problems caused by lockdowns. Clearly, people staying home during extreme viral outbreaks is an effective strategy and people have enough sense to leave home if they have mobility when it is dangerous to stay there.

JZ - 8-1-2021 at 08:45 AM

I don't think masks are very effective, but wearing one doesn't bother me.

Now I'm totally against forcing kids to wear one all day at school. They overwhelmingly aren't at risk and aren't high spreaders of the disease.

Skipjack Joe - 8-1-2021 at 08:47 AM

I mean the front-end user interface has not changed much,

Form over content?

Works fine on a full-sized screen, not so well on mobile platforms.

I think more than format, potential newcomers are put off by the toxic environment, which has nothing to do with the user interface. :(

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
You mean like pictures of people farting at each other?

You found that old piece of Japanese art offensive? In a venue where personal attacks, name-calling and hate-spewing are passed off as normal acceptable behavior?

Hmmm. :cool:

No, I was referring to the hypocrisy of it.

David K - 8-1-2021 at 09:17 AM

Since you have a better chance of being hit and killed by lightning, why aren't wearing rubber boots mandated (indoors or out)?

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 09:20 AM

Now I'm totally against forcing kids to wear one all day at school. They overwhelmingly aren't at risk and aren't high spreaders of the disease.

And our local health advisor who is as well informed and experienced as anyone in our country agrees with you and has maintained this position throughout despite the numerous death threats she has received from those demanding she force masks on them.

What's her name? I'd like to read what she has to say.

motoged - 8-1-2021 at 09:57 AM

Here you go....

Dr. Bonnie Henry:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/biographies

July 28/21 Provincial restrictions:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions

Why:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-update-for-july-28-150-new-cases-no-deaths-b-c-launches-vaccine-campaign

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/coronavirus-covid-19-local-news/heres-why-bc-is-ending-the-mandatory-mask-policy-on-july-1-3918379

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by motoged]

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by BajaNomad]

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 11:01 AM

And our local health advisor who is as well informed and experienced as anyone in our country agrees with you and has maintained this position throughout despite the numerous death threats she has received from those demanding she force masks on them.

This is what she said back in March, before the more virulent delta mutation.

VANCOUVER -- All B.C. students in Grades 4 to 12 will now be required to wear masks in school.

Dr. Bonnie Henry announced the change in guidance during a news conference on Monday.

"We are now going to be updating our K to 12 public health guidance to support mask wearing for all students down to Grade 4 in schools across the province,"

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/masks-now-mandatory-for-students-in-gr...

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 12:14 PM

Yes, this was after many teachers were refusing to return to school if she did not issue mask mandates for older students, our latest surge in cases was peaking and far fewer than 50% of the adult population had received even their first vaccinations. If you read the rest of that article, you will notice that the teachers union had been demanding the masks in schools from K up for three months and she had resisted due to her knowledge of the costs and benefits of such an order. Here are her present orders on masks:

Mask guidance

Masks are recommended in indoor public settings for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.

You're fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2
Masks are optional for children aged 2 to 12
Children under 2 should not wear masks
Proof of vaccination does not need to be requested by service providers, except when visiting long-term care or seniors' assisted living facilities
Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they're fully vaccinated and that's okay

Vaccines are approved here for anyone over age 12

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by JDCanuck]

About school mask-wearing in British Columbia, as of 12 July:

"Masks in schools guidelines

All K to 12 staff and all students in grades 4 to 12 are required to wear non-medical masks in all indoor areas, including:

At their work stations (desks)
On school buses
Within and outside learning groups...

Students in Kindergarten to grade 3 are encouraged to wear a mask indoors in schools and on school buses. Mask wearing remains a personal or family/caregiver choice for these students, and their choices must be respected."

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/c...

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by SFandH]

mtgoat666 - 8-1-2021 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Since you have a better chance of being hit and killed by lightning, why aren't wearing rubber boots mandated (indoors or out)?

Don’t be silly, DK.

Most people take safety measures when hearing thunder.

Likewise, during a pandemic, people should practice public health protection.

Masks are for reducing transmission of disease, not specifically for preventing hospitalization of the vaccinated. The vaccinated can and do transmit the virus.

Back to your lightning example, I expect teachers to bring the kids indoors when they hear thunder. And I expect school districts to do what they can to prevent disease transmission during pandemic, and seems like masks and social distancing during pandemic make sense for reducing transmission.

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by mtgoat666]

SFandH - 8-1-2021 at 02:27 PM

Interesting county by county map of the United States showing vaccination percentages. It's in an article about who is unvaccinated and why. The map is 1/2 way through the article. Mouse over to see county name and percentage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/virus-unvaccinated-ame...

JZ - 8-1-2021 at 02:35 PM

Interesting county by county map of the United States showing vaccination percentages. It's in an article about who is unvaccinated and why. The map is 1/2 way through the article. Mouse over to see county name and percentage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/virus-unvaccinated-ame...

It is behind a paywall. Not going to give money to a rag that is the propaganda arm of the Democratic party.

Let us know how many stories they have done on the 200,000 ppl streaming across our Southern border every month, unvaccinated and untested. Many Covid positive with Delta. Meanwhile the Canadian border is on lockdown to "stop Covid." Smdh.

Reading this trash is why so many ppl are blinded to reality.

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by JZ]

Blaming, Shaming and Defaming are GOOD, But ........

MrBillM - 8-1-2021 at 02:36 PM

....... Not enough.

What WILL work (that is too slowly being implemented in the U.S.) are the measures which will make daily life increasingly difficult for those who refuse vaccination. Requiring vaccination proof for access to work, transportation, entertainment, recreation and stores, etc. should soon have the desired result.

caj13 - 8-1-2021 at 03:32 PM

Thanks for providing the science that proves vaccines work, overwhelmingly and well - but of course, I guess the New york post, as well as you havent caught up with the newest data on the Delta variant - right?

Let me know when you catch up to that data and science!

caj13 - 8-1-2021 at 03:39 PM

AND just for your reference David - from the schol of false equivaency adopted by those who recognize the data and science are completely against them.

about 40 people a year in the USA die of being hit by lightning. While Covid has killed over 630,000. really David - thats the data you want to hang your justification on?

I'll give you 40 bucks, you send me $600,000 and we will call it even!

sheesh david, your smarter than that - start acting like it, start thinking and learning and educating yourself instead of parroting right wing talking points you get off your facebook clown sites.

and you probably want to think 3 times before you start parroting JZs completely racist - "it's the black and brown peoples fault"
Tjats straight up white nationalist propaganda from the insurectionists who thought democracy needed to be ended in the USA!

David K - 8-1-2021 at 03:39 PM

The Delta Variant doesn't change a thing IF you got vaccinated. Life is not 100% free from risks. If you fear being one of the .0007% then life is just not going to be very interesting for you, is it?

caj13 - 8-1-2021 at 03:41 PM

The Delta Variant doesn't change a thing IF you got vaccinated. Life is not 100% free from risks. If you fear being one of the .0007% then life is just not going to be very interesting for you, is it?

Once again David - EDUCATE YOURSELF! YOU ARE EMBARASSING YOURSELF WITH A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF IGNORANCE AND BULLSHAT!

JZ - 8-1-2021 at 03:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Thanks for providing the science that proves vaccines work, overwhelmingly and well - but of course, I guess the New york post, as well as you havent caught up with the newest data on the Delta variant - right?

Let me know when you catch up to that data and science!

The UK has often experienced things a month or two before us.

Delta hit them and they saw a big increase in cases, but they didn't see a big uptick in deaths. They have 57% vaccinated now, so less when it hit them.

Sometimes I feel ppl are actually rooting for the virus. Let's see what happens before panicking as the mainstream media is pushing.

[Edited on 8-1-2021 by JZ]

gnukid - 8-1-2021 at 08:22 PM

No masks for school kids in Canada

Toronto: Mandatory masking still TBD for upcoming school year
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/07/30/mandatory-mas...

Quebec plans ‘normal’ return to school in fall without masks or class bubbles
https://www.thestar.com/politics/2021/06/02/quebec-plans-nor...

Alberta parents question safety of sending children to school with no COVID-19 pandemic restrictions
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-parents-ques...

‘These are now political decisions’: Alberta to no longer require isolation for positive COVID-19 tests
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/07/28/these-are-now...

U.S.-Canadian Border to Open in August With Certain Restrictions
https://www.natlawreview.com/article/us-canadian-border-to-o...

'Alberta is throwing out public health measures’: Canada’s doctors baffled after province aims to drop COVID-19 masking, isolation
https://news.yahoo.com/alberta-covid-19-rules-mask-isolation...

Alberta to remove most COVID-19 isolation, testing requirements by mid-August
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-to-remove-mo...

[Edited on 8-2-2021 by gnukid]

[Edited on 8-2-2021 by gnukid]

Alm - 8-1-2021 at 10:03 PM

I don't think masks are very effective,

Spoken like an expert.

Ever heard of N95?

JZ - 8-1-2021 at 10:13 PM

Spoken like an expert.

Ever heard of N95?

Yeah, that's a little different my friend.

My brother is in a business where he has always had a bunch of N95 masks. He sent me some from Ohio at the beginning of this mess last March.

He also had a letter from Homeland Security granting him the right to drive on the highways and roads in the scenario that all roads were shut down to normal traffic. He gave me a copy of the letter to keep in my truck in case sh#t hit the fan.

Did your brother look out for you?

Alm - 8-1-2021 at 10:24 PM

She said, quote: "Masks are recommended in public indoor settings for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated".

Her job is difficult. There aren't many anti-science protests in this province, not nearly as many as in Alberta, but manoeuvring between the science and "other things" is what she's been doing.

In Alberta local health leader gave up, they recently lifted all the restrictions, infected people are no longer required to isolate. Avoid this place if you have to drive through Canada.

Ateo - 8-1-2021 at 10:37 PM

Spoken like an expert.

Ever heard of N95?

My brother is in a business where he has always had a bunch of N95 masks. He sent me some from Ohio at the beginning of this mess last March.

He also had a letter from Homeland Security granting him the right to drive on the highways and roads in the scenario that all roads were shut down to normal traffic. He gave me a copy of the letter to keep in my truck in case sh#t hit the fan.

Why would you brag about having a letter in YOUR car when the letter wasn't even for you? Those letters aren't that prestigious - even I had one in my car due to my line of work but I didn't give it to my brother - or anyone else.

[Edited on 8-2-2021 by Ateo]

mtgoat666 - 8-1-2021 at 11:10 PM

Spoken like an expert.

Ever heard of N95?

Your brother must be very, very special big kahuna! He got N95 masks! He got a form letter from the govt! Wow! And I bet his chit smells like Chanel No. 5!

motoged - 8-1-2021 at 11:54 PM

She said, quote: "Masks are recommended in public indoor settings for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated".

Her job is difficult. There aren't many anti-science protests in this province, not nearly as many as in Alberta, but manoeuvring between the science and "other things" is what she's been doing.

In Alberta local health leader gave up, they recently lifted all the restrictions, infected people are no longer required to isolate. Avoid this place if you have to drive through Canada.

X10

pauldavidmena - 8-2-2021 at 07:34 AM

If there's one thing that the recent outbreak on Cape Cod has told me, it's that no one knows how to pronounce "Barnstable".

Back to the most recent numbers

SFandH - 8-2-2021 at 10:10 AM

2 Aug 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/coronavirus - not updated
BC - new data source -
Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-08-02 10.11.40 AM.png - 85kB

[Edited on 8-2-2021 by SFandH]

BajaMama - 8-2-2021 at 12:37 PM

Just a heads up - in the US the CDC has recommended wearing masks indoors since the .01% of vaccinated people who contracted covid 19 may be unknowingly transmitting the Delta variant since they are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms.

In the Bay Area wearing a mask in indoor public spaces is now mandated.

If you are traveling in Baja you may want to consider wearing a mask in indoor public spaces.

[Edited on 8-2-2021 by BajaMama]

JZ - 8-3-2021 at 01:53 AM

I've posted this video here before many months ago, but think it is timely for everyone to watch again. It for told the story of what was going to happen.

The vaccines were never going to stop ppl from getting the virus. They were to prevent serious illness. We picked J&J even though it only had a 66% efficacy in March.

The mainstream media stoking fear and chaos is shameful.

And why the administration can't explain this clearly to the American public is baffling.

[Edited on 8-3-2021 by JZ]

SFandH - 8-3-2021 at 09:05 AM

Top 10 sickest states, today's data. Data sorted by hospitalizations per 100,000 descending.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html...

Screenshot 2021-08-03 9.03.24 AM.png - 66kB

mjs - 8-3-2021 at 09:57 AM

SF&H: I notice out of those top ten states Florida actually has the highest number of fully vaccinated, despite having the highest new hospitalizations. Is this because they have more Critical Care hospital beds available than the others? Or are they testing at a higher rate?

Looking at it another way, 50% unvaxed, large population centers, everything open without restrictions likely means lots of community spread.

SFandH - 8-3-2021 at 11:09 AM

IMO, personal choice is over-ridden by public health concerns.

[Edited on 8-3-2021 by SFandH]

SFandH - 8-3-2021 at 11:21 AM

I think all the vaccines have been available in Mexico in various places and times.

The rumor mill has it that a new round of the J&J vaccines will be available in BC later this month. I don't know about BCS.

Just heard on the radio that the US will soon start shipping out 500 million Pfizer vaccines worldwide.

Alm - 8-3-2021 at 09:58 PM

If not, here is a partial news report
https://nationalpost.com/news/canadians-can-drive-to-u-s-for...

JDCanuck, try clicking on the Tools in the browser and narrow down the date range when you google. This article is more than 2 months old. Everyone over the age of 12 in BC and Alberta is eligible for vaccine now. I don't remember about Ontario, but pretty sure it's the same. There is no need for Canadians to go to the US for vaccine now. Besides, they can always board a plane.

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  15