BajaNomad

Covid Surge

Pages:  1  2    4

RFClark - 9-16-2023 at 07:34 PM

Kurt G.,

Political Disease!

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”

― Rahm Emanue

JZ - 9-16-2023 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
The good folk at The University of Minnesota seem to agree with you concerning the political nature of the virus. Perhaps "politicized virus" would be more accurate.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/political-party-affiliat...

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease.

[Edited on 9-12-2023 by RFClark]

Covid was used to control a population. It happened just before a presidential election. Many, many Covid decisions were based on that fact.

Don't read university reports. They lean far left and indoctrinate our youth.

KurtG - 9-17-2023 at 10:22 AM

Another interesting study, this one from Sweden.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/smart-people-first-line-...

KurtG - 9-17-2023 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
The good folk at The University of Minnesota seem to agree with you concerning the political nature of the virus. Perhaps "politicized virus" would be more accurate.

Covid was used to control a population. It happened just before a presidential election. Many, many Covid decisions were based on that fact.

Don't read university reports. They lean far left and indoctrinate our youth.

The article was quoting the Journal Of The American Medical Society, it was not a UofM study.

RFClark - 9-17-2023 at 11:10 AM

The AMA is very far from a Right Wing Rag!

BajaMama - 9-18-2023 at 05:34 AM

Whoa. The conspiracies here are hilarious.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 11:34 AM

S,

That the school marks the student has been known for a very long time. That is effectively “indoctrination”.

It has also been known for a long time that there are 2 ways to get through the forest. One is to know the path and the other harder way is to know the forest. Yes, there is a 3rd way but it involves cutting down a lot of trees.

You don't become an MD by getting a university degree. You become an MD by working under other MDs in the real world for years. Ideally some of the years with MDs in other countries because thats how you “get to know the forest rather than just the path”.

This is also true for other disciplines like engineering in its various iterations. Generally the newbies need to be retaught how things are really done.

On the subject of “critical thinking”. Generally it’s not learned in school but after you get out in the larger real world. Most of the “institutions of higher learning” don’t encourage students to question their teachers as much as they really should if at all. “Critically thinking” can’t work if you can’t imagine that not only might you be wrong but everyone might be wrong. Historically, everyone being wrong is very often the case.

If you think questioning authority is a problem then you aren’t employing “critical thinking” yourself.

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 12:35 PM

What a bunch of gobbledegook and more mansplaining. And I never said anything about thinking questioning authority was a problem, can't imagine where you managed to pull that out of.

As for critical thinking skills not being taught in schools, I guess you just went to the wrong schools, which explains a lot.

elgatoloco - 9-18-2023 at 01:13 PM

Ak - sorry for your loss.

We lost two family members in the early days of Covid when there was no vaccine. None since thankfully.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 02:00 PM

S,

I’ll put my education and problem solving skills up against yours any time.

Education is indoctrination!

Critical thinking begins with questioning authority as authority not knowing everything is often wrong.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 02:33 PM

WG,

Anyone who constantly quacks that the discussion is closed because the experts and the authorities have the answers is weak on critical thinking.

And on another of her favorite subjects: COVID as an excuse to limit human rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/dec/09/c...

Thats not from Fox News!

[Edited on 9-18-2023 by RFClark]

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 02:41 PM

Education is indoctrination!

Yeah, right, I guess that elementary schools are "indoctrinating" children by teaching them to read and write and do math. Too bad so many doctors went to medical school, that engineers went to engineering school, and that electricians were educated as to how to wire a house so neither they nor the homeowners get electrocuted. Much better to have the ignorant, indoctrinated with religion, running the world. :lol:

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 03:16 PM

RFC- next time you go out to eat, I'm sure you won't mind if the kitchen staff has typhoid or hep A- after all, it would be a violation of human rights and "controlling" to force them to stay home from work, take a medical test or wear a mask.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 03:32 PM

Wikipedia:

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating a person with ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or professional methodologies (see doctrine).[1]

As a social animal species, Humans' behaviors are mutually modulated in any interaction. Interpreted through cultural, some degree of habits propagate implicitly in any dialogue, including the parent–child relationship, which has an essential function in forming basic concepts for private articulation, as well as common values, connecting fundamental cultivation of organism and ecological systems of mutual (and pondered) trust.

The precise boundary between education and indoctrination often lies in the eye of the beholder. Some distinguish indoctrination from education on the basis that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.[2] As such the term may be used pejoratively or as a buzz word, often in the context of political opinions, theology, religious dogma or anti-religious convictions. The word itself came about in its first form in the 1620s as endoctrinate, meaning to teach or to instruct, and was modeled from French or Latin.[3] The word only gained the meaning of imbuing with an idea or opinion in the 1830s.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 03:37 PM

Goat,

You saw pictures of the house I designed and built so even you know better than that! You are also welcome to review my professional credits.

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 03:45 PM

You "built" your house? No you didn't- you paid people to build it. Just because I designed my house and oversaw the construction and even did a lot of the work myself, like all the painting and tiling, I wouldn't claim to have "built" it. A crew of hard-working guys built it.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 04:48 PM

S,

Perhaps you aren’t qualified to do some of your own technical work. Past designing and supervising the construction of our home I installed the solar electric system myself. I also did the primary gas and pressure water system myself. I helped install the house copper plumbing, gray water system and sanitary drains, electrical system, AC system and sourced materials for the other trades.

I never said I did everything myself of course I had help. I don’t weld or do concrete. That said when you key a project you do it as much as anyone else on the project. This project was also far more complicated than a standard block house.

Tioloco - 9-18-2023 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
You "built" your house? No you didn't- you paid people to build it. Just because I designed my house and oversaw the construction and even did a lot of the work myself, like all the painting and tiling, I wouldn't claim to have "built" it. A crew of hard-working guys built it.

projecting your shortcomings onto others.

Peace, love and tacos baby!

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 04:56 PM

:bounce:👍👍👍

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 05:02 PM

S,

Perhaps you aren’t qualified to do some of your own technical work. Past designing and supervising the construction of our home I installed the solar electric system myself. I also did the primary gas and pressure water system myself. I helped install the house copper plumbing, gray water system and sanitary drains, electrical system, AC system and sourced materials for the other trades.

Nice mansplaining and misogynistic condescension. I oversaw every aspect of the construction, sourced all the materials myself, put in my gray water system myself, laid every floor, shower and countertop tile myself, built a rock shower surround, a huge walkway, did all the sealing and painting and did all the waterproofing of my foundations. I also made all my own couch cushions, curtains, duvet covers and pillow cases. and plastered the outside of my shop building. I am more than qualified to do all those things.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 05:35 PM

S,

So I think it’s fair to say that we both built our own houses. This was our 4th from scratch house BTW.

surabi - 9-18-2023 at 05:51 PM

No, I don't think it's fair to say we built our own houses, when we had crews of workers for months on end. We did "some" of the work ourselves.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 06:11 PM

S,

Like the definition of “indoctrinate” and the use of exclamation points it will be something else we don’t agree on. Go figure!

I did the design and carpentry of some of the furniture as well.

IMG_4554.jpeg - 76kB

Tioloco - 9-18-2023 at 07:36 PM

S,

Like the definition of “indoctrinate” and the use of exclamation points it will be something else we don’t agree on. Go figure!

I did the design and carpentry of some of the furniture as well.

Looks nice.

RFClark - 9-18-2023 at 08:46 PM

T,

Thanks, but I didn’t build it because someone helped me. Someone hasn’t read the definition of owner builder.

https://www.thespruce.com/building-your-own-house-1821301

Many states do allow homeowners to act as a contractor for their own home. With this arrangement, you become what is frequently termed an owner-builder. In order to contract out for a large-scale project such as a house (rather than an outbuilding or small, lower-cost building), you need to apply for an owner-builder exemption and to sign the building permit application.

surabi - 9-19-2023 at 08:36 AM

T,

Thanks, but I didn’t build it because someone helped me. Someone hasn’t read the definition of owner builder.

I wonder if all the guys who worked away day after day for months building your house would characterize what they did as "helping" you.

And American building code terms are not universal definitions.

mtgoat666 - 9-19-2023 at 10:07 AM

S,

So I think it’s fair to say that we both built our own houses. This was our 4th from scratch house BTW.

The bones of your house are shipping crates built in China.
So it is correct to say chinese built >50% of your house! :lol:
Built in china, assembly and finish work in mexico!

RFClark - 9-19-2023 at 10:39 AM

Goat,

By value the containers represent about 20% of the cost. The locally manufactured components were the largest percentage of the cost.

RFClark - 9-19-2023 at 10:44 AM

gunkid,

:bounce:👍👍👍

surabi - 9-19-2023 at 10:45 AM

Gnu- neither I nor Goat offered RFC building advice. Try reading what's actually written.
And I didn't learn my construction skills "on the interwebs", I learned through other people with those skills, hands-on, and by doing that work myself for many years.

And since you are so unaware, experienced builders and contractors have online forums where they exchange information about techniques and products and aren't too full of themselves to ask for construction advice.

RFClark - 9-19-2023 at 11:00 AM

G&S,

Talk is cheap! I’ve shown you mine! Let’s see yours or back under your respective rocks!

[Edited on 9-19-2023 by RFClark]

gnukid - 9-19-2023 at 08:34 PM

Gnu- neither I nor Goat offered RFC building advice. Try reading what's actually written.
And I didn't learn my construction skills "on the interwebs", I learned through other people with those skills, hands-on, and by doing that work myself for many years.

And since you are so unaware, experienced builders and contractors have online forums where they exchange information about techniques and products and aren't too full of themselves to ask for construction advice.

Generally speaking there is a crisis of lack of experience and willingness to learn construction techniques in Baja, which results in failures in foundations, floors, ceilings, and especially openings for doors and windows, plumbing and electrical. While, people with experience as contractors and owner builders from USA or other places where codes and licenses exist, have experience and willingness to learn and adapt to soil conditions, temperatures, architectural style and go the distance to ensure a house is well built, solid and that plumbing and electrical are safe and functioning. This is construction skill crisis today, there is no other route than owner builder or find the very few capable builders that exist here.

Let's be clear, Surabi and Goat are not qualified to build a home or critique, nor think critically about health and covid vaccines, yet here they are... interjecting, again.

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by gnukid]

surabi - 9-19-2023 at 10:02 PM

So gnukid somehow knows what people he doesn't know are qualified for. Okay then. I guess I just imagined that I bought a lot 20 years ago, designed my house, oversaw the construction, laid every tile myself, and built a rock shower surround. I guess I also imagined that I have lived in said house for 18 years, that everything works just fine, and that everyone who visits and stays here compliments the design. Good thing gnukid is here to to set me straight.

RFClark - 9-20-2023 at 12:03 AM

S,

Great, talk is cheap. Lets see the pictures! You built a house a long time ago. You are to be commended if that’s true. Not many people would be successful or even try. That doesn’t make you an expert. House design and construction have changed along with the complexity of the systems houses require to make them as green as possible. Green because it saves a lot of money if done correctly. It also makes you more self-sufficient.

I don’t consider myself any more then a hobbyist when it comes to building, even after building 4 homes from scratch.

mtgoat666 - 9-20-2023 at 05:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Let's be clear, Surabi and Goat are not qualified to build a home or critique, nor think critically about health and covid vaccines, yet here they are... interjecting, again.

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by gnukid]

Let’s revist some of oldkid’s post about health and covid :lol::lol:

surabi - 9-20-2023 at 08:48 AM

S,

Great, talk is cheap. Lets see the pictures! You built a house a long time ago. You are to be commended if that’s true. Not many people would be successful or even try. That doesn’t make you an expert. House design and construction have changed along with the complexity of the systems houses require to make them as green as possible. Green because it saves a lot of money if done correctly. It also makes you more self-sufficient.

I don’t consider myself any more then a hobbyist when it comes to building, even after building 4 homes from scratch.

More mansplaining. I guess you just can't help it, you must believe that women need to have everything explained to them as if they know nothing and in the language you would use with a kindergartner.

I never once claimed to be a construction "expert". Being qualified to undertake something doesn't mean one considers themselves an expert.

And considering that I have the lowest utility bills of anyone I know, you can save your "green" lecture for someone else. FYI you said you use 32KWHs of electricity per day. I use one tenth of that.

RFClark - 9-20-2023 at 10:02 AM

S,

You hide behind a “nom de plum” and take cheap shots at those you disagree with and never in my memory post any pictures of baja. Why would anyone take you seriously?

surabi - 9-20-2023 at 10:14 AM

Oh, posting pictures of Baja is the criteria for taking someone seriously? :lol:

Take cheap shots at those I disagree with? Very telling that you don't say that to those here who "hide behind a nom de plume" that do nothing but insult others.

So it's obvious that it isn't the nom de plume or "cheap shots" you object to, it's an objection based on the poster's views.

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by surabi]

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by surabi]

RFClark - 9-20-2023 at 10:21 AM

S,

Read my posts. I have condemned everyone who takes cheap shots at others. Without regard to who. An “insult” sometimes is in the eye of the recipient or others reading it. You for example are often insulted to hear why you are wrong!

Your CFE and Hydro bill equates to CO2 generated no mater how small they are. Solar doesn’t no matter how large. Solar used to cook or heat also reduces propane use as well.

None of which deals with your invisibility!

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by RFClark]

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by RFClark]

RFClark - 9-20-2023 at 04:19 PM

L,

So was that designed to keep Cartel drones from dropping grenades on the car like in the Ukraine?

mtgoat666 - 9-20-2023 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...never in my memory post any pictures of baja. Why would anyone take you seriously?

Oh, dear-- gotta confess I share that defect, time for redemption. Here's a little shot of La Paz culture:

[Edited on 9-20-2023 by lencho]

I like those ingredients for scallop ceviche, but i dont like that combo of unchopped ingredients together. I would chop them up and make a ceviche.
Callo de hacha, red onion, citrus and a very little chile - superveasy,yum.

[Edited on 9-21-2023 by mtgoat666]

Tioloco - 9-20-2023 at 05:07 PM

Lencho-

Cool ride! That is cruising the streets in style!

RFClark - 9-26-2023 at 03:10 PM

Anti-viral drug backfires: COVID drug linked to viral mutations that spread

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/covid-anti-viral-drug...

surabi - 9-26-2023 at 03:20 PM

I never take any drug I'm not familiar with without researching it first. (And paying attention to what entities are the source of the information)

I was given a prescription by a Mexican neurologist, for a drug which I found has been banned in Europe for causing spontaneous heart attacks in patients with no history of heart problems. Needless to say, I didn't take it.

[Edited on 9-26-2023 by surabi]

Tioloco - 9-26-2023 at 05:02 PM

I never take any drug I'm not familiar with without researching it first. (And paying attention to what entities are the source of the information)

I was given a prescription by a Mexican neurologist, for a drug which I found has been banned in Europe for causing spontaneous heart attacks in patients with no history of heart problems. Needless to say, I didn't take it.

Wow, Covid vaccine aside… Arent you a smart shopper. That Mexican neurologist didnt know who he was dealing with obviously.

mtgoat666 - 11-21-2023 at 11:17 PM

4 out of 5 Mexicans who got a flu shot this year turned down Cuban and Russian COVID-19 vaccines

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Four out of five people in Mexico who got influenza shots so far this year turned down the government’s recommendation that they get Russian or Cuban COVID-19 boosters at the same time, officials said Tuesday.

Assistant Health Secretary Ruy López Ridaura attributed the high refusal rate to people being reluctant to get two vaccines at the same time.

“People have a certain reluctance to get simultaneous vaccinations,” López Ridaura said.

But the population eligible for flu and COVID-19 shots — people over 60 and people with underlying health problems — are considered high-risk, and Mexicans in those groups had extremely high take-up rates for Covid vaccines in 2021 and 2022, according to the Health Department.

Some people appear to simply distrust the Russian Sputnik and Cuban Abdala vaccines, both designed in 2020 for variants prevalent at the time.

“It is an old antigen, it's as if they were going to give me an influenza vaccine from 2020,” said Andreu Comas, a professor of medicine at the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi. “There are no studies regarding the effectiveness of both of these vaccines against the (current) variants.”

Mexico has bought millions of doses of the Russian and Cuban vaccines. The original plan was to administer around 20 million shots, but only about 1.9 million people, or 9.5% of those eligible, have agreed to take them since the vaccination campaign started in mid-October.

In contrast, 10 million people got the influenza shot in the same period.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has been a big supporter of Cuba, hiring Cuban doctors, buying vaccines and construction materials from Cuba and supplying oil to the island.

Meanwhile, Mexico has held up approval for Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 boosters, both of which were designed to work against the COVID variants currently circulating. While those shots have been approved for use in the United States since September, they may not be available for Mexicans until 2024.

JZ - 11-21-2023 at 11:35 PM

My 19 yo kid just had the biggest illness of his life two weeks ago. 5 days with heavy fever. Wife took him to Urgent Care. Negative for Covid, just the flu.

We were in Germany and Copenhagen all last week. 2-3% of ppl were wearing masks on the plane. Less than 1% in the general public in Europe.

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots. We told her we did, but 100% supported those that choose not to.

Hopefully Americans never give up their rights again.

surabi - 11-22-2023 at 12:32 AM

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots.

Not getting any Covid vaccines and being proud of it isn't "very intelligent". (And determining what someone's intelligence level is on a 40 min. .drive?)

Blacks have had one of the highest rates of Covid of any Americans. Mostly because they didn't have high rates of vaccination.

And no one should have the "freedom" to infect others. Nor to put a burden in the medical sysyem because you're too dumb, stubborn, or misinformed to get a vax.

[Edited on 11-22-2023 by surabi]

pauldavidmena - 11-22-2023 at 06:34 AM

Last week I got the Pfizer COVID booster in one arm, and a flu shot in the other. The RSV vaccine was also available, but I ran out of arms.

Seriously, I had no ill effects from the vaccinations. My wife had the vaccinations one week apart: zero side effects from the flu shot, but body aches for about 24 hours a day after getting the COVID vaccine.

mtgoat666 - 11-22-2023 at 06:58 AM

My 19 yo kid just had the biggest illness of his life two weeks ago. 5 days with heavy fever. Wife took him to Urgent Care. Negative for Covid, just the flu.

We were in Germany and Copenhagen all last week. 2-3% of ppl were wearing masks on the plane. Less than 1% in the general public in Europe.

Our driver back from LAX to home was a very intelligent black woman. She was proud to tell us that she didn't take any Covid vax shots. We told her we did, but 100% supported those that choose not to.

Why did you point out your drivers race and gender? How does her race or gender apply to the story?
Would the story be different if the vax-rejecting driver was a non-binary latinx or a chinese man?

Lee - 11-22-2023 at 09:39 AM

Your driver was proud? How? Proud to thumb her nose at those taking the vax? Proud she didn't get sick?

Not sure how you JZ or Americans gave up anything. I was around during the pandemic and never gave up anything. And then there were those who sacrificed, somehow, and feel like fools for going along with the program.

Here's a lesson in how to be a mature and responsible adult in the face of adversary. Make decisions for yourself. Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't go along with any program without your own personal judgment as to whether it's right for you, or not!

Stop blaming covid, lock down (joke, right?), and your government for your unhappiness.

RFClark - 11-22-2023 at 10:46 AM

Approximately 50% of the over 65s currently admitted to hospitals who test positive for COVID have not been vaccinated at all. That includes those not symptomatic for COVID. About 70% of the general population has had at least one vaccination. The admissions are broken down by self identified race.

Black (65+) identifying admissions testing positive are about 2,5 times higher than is the general average.

It is impossible to discuss current US public health policy without discussing politics. That’s not allowed here.

My personal choice is to get the second COVID booster after Thanksgiving. I would point out that general public vaccinations are down and Measles deaths are up. That too is political and can’t be discussed. It can be noted however that those refusing public health vaccinations cover the full spectrum of political opinion.

All of them in my opinion are equally shortsighted in their views.

JZ - 11-22-2023 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Your driver was proud? How? Proud to thumb her nose at those taking the vax? Proud she didn't get sick?

Not sure how you JZ or Americans gave up anything. I was around during the pandemic and never gave up anything. And then there were those who sacrificed, somehow, and feel like fools for going along with the program.

Here's a lesson in how to be a mature and responsible adult in the face of adversary. Make decisions for yourself. Accept responsibility for your actions. Don't go along with any program without your own personal judgment as to whether it's right for you, or not!

Stop blaming covid, lock down (joke, right?), and your government for your unhappiness.

Do you realize that thousands upon thousands of small businesses lost everything? Kids lost years of education. Test scores are now at 40 year lows. Huge increase in depression. People lost the ability to have weddings. Everyone lost major things from their lives.

Just because you are retired and the restrictions didn't meaningful impact your life doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

[Edited on 11-22-2023 by JZ]

surabi - 11-22-2023 at 11:24 AM

Do you realize that thousands upon thousands of small businesses lost everything? Kids lost years of education. Test scores are now at 40 year lows. Huge increase in depression. People lost the ability to have weddings. Everyone lost major things from their lives.

Yes, it's too bad there was a pandemic that necessitated regulations designed to help keep millions of people from getting super sick and dying. Dead people can't run businesses, go to school or get depressed.

Weddings?:lol: First world problem. "Aw, I can't have a wedding with hundreds of people". Guess what, JZ- having a big wedding isn't some "right". And getting married is essentially about making a commitment to another person. That can be done without having a big party. And they can always have the big party after the crisis is over. which many couples did.

It's also too bad that people like you consider their "freedom" to do whatever they like, regardless of how it affects others, to take precedence over anything else.

mtgoat666 - 11-22-2023 at 11:35 AM

Life is full of ups and downs, including pandemics. Life goes on. Those of us who survived covid are doing better than those who died of covid.

RFClark - 11-22-2023 at 11:43 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9560489/Canadian-pa...

“Canadian pastor who screamed at 'N-zi' cops last month is cuffed and dragged along highway for breaking COVID rules and arranging church service”

Not “Just Weddings”!

JZ - 11-22-2023 at 12:08 PM

Yes, it's too bad there was a pandemic that necessitated regulations designed to help keep millions of people from getting super sick and dying. Dead people can't run businesses, go to school or get depressed.

Weddings?:lol: First world problem. "Aw, I can't have a wedding with hundreds of people". Guess what, JZ- having a big wedding isn't some "right". And getting married is essentially about making a commitment to another person. That can be done without having a big party. And they can always have the big party after the crisis is over. which many couples did.

It's also too bad that people like you consider their "freedom" to do whatever they like, regardless of how it affects others, to take precedence over anything else.

My brother's kid got married in Ohio and had a big wedding. Which couldn't happen in CA. Just because you don't believe in family doesn't mean normal people agree.

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being. Just because you don't believe in Christian values doesn't mean others are like you.

Newsome banned in person education at public schools. Yet, sent his kids in person to private schools. Why would anyone be ok with this hypocrisy from government leaders?

mtgoat666 - 11-22-2023 at 12:24 PM

My brother's kid got married in Ohio and had a big wedding. Which couldn't happen in CA. Just because you don't believe in family doesn't mean normal people agree.

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being. Just because you don't believe in Christian values doesn't mean others are like you.

Newsome banned in person education at public schools. Yet, sent his kids in person to private schools. Why would anyone be ok with this hypocrisy from government leaders?

In 2020 and 2021, Ohio had covid death rate 30 percent higher than california.
How much is a human life worth?

surabi - 11-22-2023 at 12:36 PM

People were prohibited from going to church services, which for some people this is fundamental to their being.

Ohio has had 3,363 Covid deaths per 1 million population. California has had 2,680. Regulations obviously work. How many people contracted Covid at your nephew's wedding?

Don't believe in family? You're deranged.

And if someone's religious beliefs are so weak that they require gathering in church, in the midst of a deadly pandemic, in order to practice their religion, they should be examining their commitment to their religion. While having a religious belief system may be fundamental to a person's being, going to a church every Sunday isn't "fundamental" to anyone's being. I know several devout Christians who don't even ever go to church- they gather in someone's house to discuss the Bible and religion, which continued to happen during Covid restrictions, through Zoom meetings.

JZ - 11-22-2023 at 12:56 PM

Approximately 50% of the over 65s currently admitted to hospitals who test positive for COVID have not been vaccinated at all. That includes those not symptomatic for COVID. About 70% of the general population has had at least one vaccination. The admissions are broken down by self identified race.

Black (65+) identifying admissions testing positive are about 2,5 times higher than is the general average.

It is impossible to discuss current US public health policy without discussing politics. That’s not allowed here.

My personal choice is to get the second COVID booster after Thanksgiving. I would point out that general public vaccinations are down and Measles deaths are up. That too is political and can’t be discussed. It can be noted however that those refusing public health vaccinations cover the full spectrum of political opinion.

All of them in my opinion are equally shortsighted in their views.

I think at risk people should get vaccinated. But no one should be forced to do it. Especially, the young and healthy. And those Dr.'s screaming for kids to be vaccinated should lose their medical licenses.

surabi - 11-22-2023 at 02:28 PM

I think at risk people should get vaccinated. But no one should be forced to do it. Especially, the young and healthy. And those Dr.'s screaming for kids to be vaccinated should lose their medical licenses.

Oh, so you don't want anyone to tell you what you should do, but it's fine to tell others what you think they should do.

There were 821 Covid deaths in the age group 0-19 between August 2021 and July 2022 in the US alone. Largely attributed to low vaccination rates in that age group.

"According to CDC data, children are less vaccinated against Covid-19 than any other age group in the US. Less than 10% of eligible children have gotten their updated booster shot, and more than 90% of children under 5 are completely unvaccinated."

Everyone is healthy until they aren't, duh.

I agree that no one should be forced to get vaccinated. By the same token, If they choose not to get vaxed, they can't expect to be allowed to enter any establishment they choose, cross international borders, refuse to wear a mask, and go about their business as usual, without regard for who they might infect.

Your arguements are full of holes and lack of information and perspective, and most of all, respect for others.

Pages:  1  2    4