BajaNomad

Tiger Woods in Serious Condition after Car Crash

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

BajaNews - 2-7-2010 at 10:11 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=44101

Bob H - 2-17-2010 at 08:27 PM

Tiger Woods will have a presentation on TV this Friday at 8am... but no questions will be allowed. News is that he will be apologetic about his situation, etc. Should be interesting to see what happens after that.
Bob H

Barry A. - 2-17-2010 at 08:35 PM

"after that"????----------hopefully he gets back to GOLF!!!!!

Barry

josie - 2-17-2010 at 08:38 PM

Friday at 8:00 AM? That is a housewife time slot. I doubt he will find a lot of sympathetic ears that time of day???

Bob H - 2-17-2010 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by josie
Friday at 8:00 AM? That is a housewife time slot. I doubt he will find a lot of sympathetic ears that time of day???

And, it's probably 8am East Coast time.... but, you can bet the sports talk radio channels will play it over and over again.
Bob H

josie - 2-18-2010 at 09:44 AM

I wonder if it will be on the golf channel? The guy I've been dating is addicted to that station. He will probably take a day off work just so he can stay home and see the interview. :rolleyes:

DENNIS - 2-18-2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H

And, it's probably 8am East Coast time....

Bob...It's pacific Time. CNN has been talking about it so they'll probably carry it.
From what I hear, it won't be a news conference, but a statement to some in the media. No questions and answers. I guess he could just mail it in. The PR damage control team is starting to come alive.

Who cares? Does anybody care?

Bob H - 2-18-2010 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

And, it's probably 8am East Coast time....

Bob...It's pacific Time. CNN has been talking about it so they'll probably carry it.
From what I hear, it won't be a news conference, but a statement to some in the media. No questions and answers. I guess he could just mail it in. The PR damage control team is starting to come alive.

Yep, I heard that the PGA is guiding him with his wording.
Bob H

DENNIS - 2-18-2010 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Bob H

They probably just want to share information. :lol:

josie - 2-18-2010 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Bob H

They probably just want to share information. :lol:

You mean his little black book? ;D

Dave - 2-18-2010 at 12:31 PM

Quote:

His sponsors...and competitors.

For diametrically opposed reasons. :rolleyes:

This guy is good!

Dave - 2-19-2010 at 09:55 AM

I'm the toughest sell in the world and I bought it. This is the first time I've heard what I consider to be a sincere apology from any celebrity.

I was never a Tiger Woods fan but he has now earned my respect and admiration.

I wish him and his family well.

DENNIS - 2-19-2010 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

I was never a Tiger Woods fan but he has now earned my respect and admiration.

Would you let him give your girlfriend private golf lessons?

Dave - 2-19-2010 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Would you let him give your girlfriend private golf lessons?

My girlfriend doesn't have time for golf. ;D

DENNIS - 2-19-2010 at 12:52 PM

Just saw a video of his apology etc. Even for a cynic like myself, it had full sincerity. I'm glad he pulled it off and can now move on. It's his battle, his alone.
Golf can now breath a sigh of relief and all the other tour players can go back to practicing for second place. I think Tiger will return with a vengeance.

woody with a view - 2-19-2010 at 01:43 PM

just wait for the brawls in the gallery as one guy snickers, "get in the hole!" and a supporter of Tiger's takes offense and punches the wiseguy in the nose....

at least he went back to counseling after the press conference. i'd like to know how that's going? "hi, i'm Tiger. i am a bazillionaire, chicks dig the long ball and i have a problem with that. i love all women, therefore, i am a bad person. my wife hates me, only God can save me....." BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

josie - 2-19-2010 at 01:53 PM

I predict that if his wife will take him back, so will the general public. Guys get an easier pass on these things than women do.

The Gull - 2-19-2010 at 02:04 PM

It is soooooooo unfair.

Bajahowodd - 2-19-2010 at 02:11 PM

Sorry Dennis. Apparently you're not as cynical as I am. What I'm seeing is a totally controlled setting, a speech written by who knows, but obviously the best money can buy, coming after so much time passed, allowing the best handlers he could find to get this whole thing together with maximum impact. But, of course. There are billions of dollars at stake. And given the notion that his wife will take him back- it all depends on what sort of pre-nup they signed. This guy was bagging game all over the world for years. As for the public- he's a great golfer. people love athletes that excel. Check out Kobe Bryant. Won an MVP. Sells a gazillion dollars worth of gear. And in his case, there was way much evidence that his peccadillo was not of the consensual kind.

DENNIS - 2-19-2010 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
just wait for the brawls in the gallery as one guy snickers, "get in the hole!"

:lol::lol::lol: Best laugh of the week. :lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 2-19-2010 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Sorry Dennis. Apparently you're not as cynical as I am. What I'm seeing is a totally controlled setting, a speech written by who knows, but obviously the best money can buy, coming after so much time passed, allowing the best handlers he could find to get this whole thing together with maximum impact.

What sense would it make to turn himself over to the media vultures that just end up quizzing him on bedroom details.
He claims to be a Buddhist, but in a Catholic world, this would have been a good confession. I think Buddha would agree.

El Comadante Loco - 2-19-2010 at 05:21 PM

I do not understand all the moralizing holier than thou pontifications. Who among us is the perfect one without any transgressions? What Tiger did and will do is a private matter between him and his wife. It is also a business matter between him and his sponsors. None of this is any one else's business. Who cares?? Leave the man alone and get one with you life!!!

DENNIS - 2-19-2010 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Comadante Loco
What Tiger did and will do is a private matter between him and his wife.

Really? Then why did he present his apology to the world?

El Comadante Loco - 2-19-2010 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What Tiger did and will do is a private matter between him and his wife.

Really? Then why did he present his apology to the world?

Good question. Damage control, PR and to back to what he does best, Golf..

Bajahowodd - 2-19-2010 at 06:18 PM

Unlike what conservatives would have anyone believe, our world is not just one of black and white choices. There is, in fact, an arrays of grays in almost every circumstance.

He Looked Like a Robot

Gypsy Jan - 2-19-2010 at 10:24 PM

and talked like a robot.

I guess that the succubi who he sold his soul to are happy.

[Edited on 2-21-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

Barry A. - 2-19-2010 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Unlike what conservatives would have anyone believe, our world is not just one of black and white choices. There is, in fact, an arrays of grays in almost every circumstance.

Ahhhh yes, but it is that vast array of "grays" that confuse, and keep things from happening and decisions from being made---------simplify, simplify, and make a decision and stick to it until proven wrong, and then try another tack. :yes:

Barry

woody with a view - 2-20-2010 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
I do not understand all the moralizing holier than thou pontifications. Who among us is the perfect one without any transgressions? What Tiger did and will do is a private matter between him and his wife. It is also a business matter between him and his sponsors. None of this is any one else's business. Who cares?? Leave the man alone and get one with you life!!!

and i am not a bazillionaire asking for understanding (read - more $)....

mtgoat666 - 2-20-2010 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Quote:

and i am not a bazillionaire asking for understanding (read - more $)....

what's wrong with liking the ladies? in mexico isn't it expected of wealthy men (or at least accepted) to be married AND keep a mistress? :?::?:

if i was a bazillionaire i might like to play the ladies too :lol:

as a middle classer i can't afford to play as many ladies as tiger was playing :lol: that might get a bit pricy, also hard to find the time to keep that many women happy

Choices, Choices, Choices

MrBillM - 2-20-2010 at 11:09 AM

HowOdd:

"Unlike what conservatives would have anyone believe, our world is not just one of black and white choices. There is, in fact, an arrays of grays in almost every circumstance ".

AND, in this case a lot of Creamy Blonde (very Choice) Choices demonstrating the Ins and Outs of Natural Selection.

oldlady - 2-20-2010 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

if i was a bazillionaire i might like to play the ladies too :lol:

as a middle classer i can't afford to play as many ladies as tiger was playing :lol: that might get a bit pricy, also hard to find the time to keep that many women happy

And to think you wanted us to believe your spreading the wealth philosophy has a more noble root.

mtgoat666 - 2-20-2010 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
And to think you wanted us to believe your spreading the wealth philosophy has a more noble root.

it has many roots, some shallow, some deep :P:lol:

yes we can! :light:

can what? :?:

lux sit!

Bajahowodd - 2-20-2010 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
HowOdd:

"Unlike what conservatives would have anyone believe, our world is not just one of black and white choices. There is, in fact, an arrays of grays in almost every circumstance ".

AND, in this case a lot of Creamy Blonde (very Choice) Choices demonstrating the Ins and Outs of Natural Selection.

What confuses me is that there is not a single stunner in the group. His wife puts them all to shame. With his bucks and popularity, why do they all seem to be coming from the 'B ' team?

woody with a view - 2-20-2010 at 01:20 PM

the B team tries harder....

LancairDriver - 2-20-2010 at 01:49 PM

He looked like a robot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
and talked like a robot.

I guess that the succubus who he sold his soul to are happy.

And was trained like a robot

if it looks and smells like a robot- it is a robot.

[Edited on 2-20-2010 by LancairDriver]

Stunners and Others

MrBillM - 2-21-2010 at 11:37 AM

That reminds me (once again) of a line I heard MANY years ago discussing another Wealthy person's rather common-looking "Love" Squeeze.

"Just because you can afford Filet Mignon every night, it doesn't mean that Hamburger isn't tasty once in awhile".

Or, for that matter, Chicken, Pork, Lamb. It all tastes good and, in most cases, is good for you.

No doubt that Tiger prefers the White Meat, though.

Bob H - 2-21-2010 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
"Just because you can afford Filet Mignon every night, it doesn't mean that Hamburger isn't tasty once in awhile"

Now, THAT, is hilarious!
Bob H

Barry A. - 2-21-2010 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
He looked like a robot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
and talked like a robot.

I guess that the succubus who he sold his soul to are happy.

And was trained like a robot

if it looks and smells like a robot- it is a robot.

[Edited on 2-20-2010 by LancairDriver]

-------but boy can that "robot" play golf. Go Tiger!!!!

(wonder if the 'girls' thought he was robotic? ) :o

Barry

PabloS - 2-21-2010 at 08:56 PM

what does THIS have to do with Baja??????????

Barry A. - 2-21-2010 at 11:45 PM

Tiger builds golfcourses in Baja???? and who knows what else------ so definitely Baja related. :lol:

Barry

El Comadante Loco - 2-22-2010 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PabloS
what does THIS have to do with Baja??????????

AMEM!!!!!!! Time for this thread to retire....

DENNIS - 2-22-2010 at 09:01 AM

If it weren't Tiger, it would be someone else. We have a definite need to slander, speculate and enjoy the errors of others. It's the "gossip" within us all. :biggrin:

Besides,

MrBillM - 2-22-2010 at 10:04 AM

It's His JOB.

He's an Entertainer who Plays a GAME.

Now, if he could only Sing and Dance.

El Comadante Loco - 2-22-2010 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
It's His JOB.

He's an Entertainer who Plays a GAME.

I certainly hope this is not a racial stereotypical type remark.

DENNIS - 2-22-2010 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I certainly hope this is not a racial stereotypical type remark.

From Bill? Not a chance. :lol:

Doing the Tiger Rag ?

MrBillM - 2-22-2010 at 10:39 AM

Racial Stereotyping ? WHICH race ?

Dick Powell ? Bill Robinson ? Gene Kelly ? Sammy Davis Jr. ?

Jerry Lewis ? Marlon Brando ?

Fred Astaire ? I could picture Tiger Tap-Dancing up and down those stairs with his Golf-Club in lieu of a cane surrounded by a bevy of Blondes, of course.

Tapping Thai Tiger ?

What a moniker. The possibilities are endless. And profitable ?

josie - 2-22-2010 at 12:55 PM

I took a poll this morning at a local charity where I am volunteering to see how they thought the Tiger apology statement went over. About 70-80% thought he was sincere and all but two (in a room of about 30) thought this will all blow over in a year if his wife takes him back.

If she does agree to take him back, I would guess that she will be making the bank deposits from now on.

Blanca and the Tiger

MrBillM - 2-22-2010 at 01:59 PM

OF COURSE, she's going to take him back.

It was said early on that he had a Bullet-Proof Pre-Nup.

The betting is that he (and she) adds up dollars gained or lost and they negotiate a New contract. In this case, she's the one with the tool strapped on.

You have to LOVE American Private Enterprise. The Capitalist System at its best.

Bet that British Sir Paul wished he'd had the same ?

[Edited on 2-22-2010 by MrBillM]

Bob H - 2-27-2010 at 12:38 AM

Wife wants to get back... what? Bob H

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/01/26/elin.tiger.hopes.salva...

woody with a view - 2-27-2010 at 12:52 AM

Quote:
OF COURSE, she's going to take him back.

It was said early on that he had a Bullet-Proof Pre-Nup.

The betting is that he (and she) adds up dollars gained or lost and they negotiate a New contract. In this case, she's the one with the tool strapped on.

You have to LOVE American Private Enterprise. The Capitalist System at its best.

Bet that British Sir Paul wished he'd had the same ?

[Edited on 2-22-2010 by MrBillM]

right on, sir Pau...errr Bill

BajaGringo - 4-5-2010 at 08:51 AM

Tiger is getting ready for his comeback at the Masters. Seems to be no shortage of those interested. My guess is that the tour will be glad to have him back as well as ratings have tanked since Tiger left.

Thousands watch Tiger practice in preparation for the Masters

wessongroup - 4-5-2010 at 08:56 AM

Perhaps he could give "Jesse" a few pointers.... as he is dying on the vine... is there a double standard, or what... both did the same thing.. yet one does not seem to have "lost" anything ....

The other will most likely be removed from the History books.. (chopper books that is)...

BajaGringo - 4-5-2010 at 09:00 AM

Jesse Jackson???

Cypress - 4-5-2010 at 09:14 AM

Gosh, for some odd reason I really don't care one way or the other about what this sports star or any of the multitude of sports figures does or does not do. :biggrin:

wessongroup - 4-5-2010 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Jesse Jackson???

Jesse James... sorry didn't stop to think of all the others....

In defense of Jesse

MrBillM - 4-5-2010 at 05:27 PM

Sandra Bullock isn't the Babe that Tiger's Rag is.

Commenting on her latest movie the other day, I mentioned to my wife that it was the first time I could remember their casting a Female lead that didn't look as good as the "Real" character.

monoloco - 4-5-2010 at 05:34 PM

I'm sure his tattooed N-zi nymph was more your style.

TMW - 4-6-2010 at 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I'm sure his tattooed N-zi nymph was more your style.

Are you saying you would turn her away? Or would you try and help remove some of the tattoos?

Loutish Loco Loqution

MrBillM - 4-6-2010 at 09:19 AM

As a Devoted Disciple of the Idiocy of Robert Welch, I would think that Loco is more likely to fancy The Reich Master.

monoloco - 4-6-2010 at 09:22 AM

There's just something about a girl in uniform.

BajaGringo - 4-10-2010 at 12:04 PM

Well, it looks like Tiger is back. Birdied the first hole of the third round this morning and sitting only one shot back from the lead. At yesterday's press conference after the match there was not a single question from the press about anything but his golf game. He knew how to move the focus away from the scandal to his game and it appears he has done so.

Whether you like him or not, you have to acknowledge the guy is an amazing golf talent and must be ice cold blood running through his veins to pull this off...

Tiger Talk

MrBillM - 4-10-2010 at 12:44 PM

You have to root for the guy to do well simply because it will peeOff the Press so much.

That's ALWAYS worth it.

Cypress - 4-10-2010 at 02:02 PM

Sports fans.:lol:

capt. mike - 4-11-2010 at 06:58 AM

Dear Jessie :

You Stupid Bastard! You cheated on Sandra Bullock? How in the world can you be so stupid? You are married to one of the most beautiful women in the world. She has a body to die for, and her current wealth is shadowed only by Oprah. Your wife, recently beat out Julia Roberts in the polls and is now named "America's Sweetheart."

You also remember, she just won an Oscar and praised you up and down in front of the world while you were porkin’ away. You are really a piece of work! You are the most hated buttcrack cheater on the planet! How can you live with yourself! I only have one thing to say to the despicable, miserable, cheating piece of chit that you are.

Thanks for taking the heat off of me. Let’s do lunch. ~Tiger

Bob H - 4-11-2010 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Dear Jessie :

You Stupid Bastard! You cheated on Sandra Bullock? How in the world can you be so stupid? You are married to one of the most beautiful women in the world. She has a body to die for, and her current wealth is shadowed only by Oprah. Your wife, recently beat out Julia Roberts in the polls and is now named "America's Sweetheart."

You also remember, she just won an Oscar and praised you up and down in front of the world while you were porkin’ away. You are really a piece of work! You are the most hated a--hole cheater on the planet! How can you live with yourself! I only have one thing to say to the despicable, miserable, cheating piece of poop that you are.

Thanks for taking the heat off of me. Let’s do lunch. ~Tiger

:lol::lol::tumble::spingrin::lol::lol::lol:

astrobaja - 4-11-2010 at 08:30 AM

Why is this 24 page thread in general Baja discussion? I really could not care less about anything to do with sports pseudo-celebrities!

What is this american facination with fallen idols?

The Gull - 4-11-2010 at 09:52 AM

Well it all started when Tiger sponsored a baja golf course near Ensenada.

Today, he is four shots off the lead at the Masters.

DENNIS - 4-11-2010 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja

That question address the national morals of the issue.
Is he a FALLEN idol?

backninedan - 4-11-2010 at 01:40 PM

"Fallen"? nahhh, just slipped a little.

Edguero - 4-11-2010 at 08:37 PM

If Tiger won they would have given him a purple jacket...................cause he's a pimp.

mtgoat666 - 4-11-2010 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Edguero
If Tiger won they would have given him a purple jacket...................cause he's a pimp.

how does partaking in the pleasures of the groupies make one a pimp? perhaps engrish is not your forst linguage :lol:

mtgoat666 - 4-11-2010 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Why is this 24 page thread in general Baja discussion? I really could not care less about anything to do with sports pseudo-celebrities!

well, he has not fallen. he just lost some of his women fans, and attained higher status among his male fans.

the discussion has nothing to do with baja, like most discussions here - some will say that his connection to a proposed golf course in baja makes his sexploits a baja topic, but i still have not read that the sexploits took place in baja

p.s. 20 pages of posts and still DK has not chimed in to blame tiger's sexcapades on liberals, obama socialists, and climategate con-men :lol:

The bulge is a disk? Woods out of tournament

The Gull - 5-9-2010 at 12:50 PM

Wood's walks off course:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05...

Cypress - 5-9-2010 at 01:04 PM

astrobaja, Are you a racist? Jeez! Don't question anything related to a person that has an ounce of black blood in their veins, that's a major no-no. Questions to follow. Are you a member of the KKK? Did your great-great grand parents ever own slaves? Is this silly?:bounce:

astrobaja - 5-9-2010 at 02:51 PM

Cypress, nah my ancestors were Baader-Meinhoff :>;)

Seriously I don't care about popular sports or pop heroes or thier personal lives it has nothing to do with their gifts/abilities!

I merely observed as a non American, Americas obsession with the private lives of celebrities, its a bit over the top!

Anyway I'm off to wax my Hitler mustache

Cypress - 5-9-2010 at 03:24 PM

astrobaja, Careful with that wax.;D Very appreciative of your observations. Agree with you about the USA's obsession with things that have little importance in the real world. Is it funny? Yea! Is it sad? Yea.

TMW - 5-9-2010 at 04:19 PM

There is this way in the media and I'm lumping all the media together here, main stream news, sports, hollywood and all other weird news. They build you up and then tear you down. Be it the 24 hour TV news cycle, texting, twittering, blogs etc. Politicians, actors, sports figures, Joe the Plumber who ever. Who lets it happen? You, me, the neighbor next door, your boss, co-worker. Everyone that listens to or watches this stuff. We allow it to happen then complain when it does.

The question is if you did not watch any news on TV or your PC, never listened to any news on the radio, or never read a newspaper or news magizine and provided none of the above mentioned things were part of your job, would it make any difference in your life. I don't think it would. If something really important was to happen that would affect you someone would tell you. Think about it. If you had not turned on a TV, radio, PC or glanced at a newspaper would you had heard about 9-11? Of course you would have. A friend, co-worker, boss, employee, store attendant, or whoever would have informed you about it.

Try this sometime. Don't watch TV or listen to Radio or turn on your PC. After one week or more did you really miss anything or is everything pretty much the same as before. Everytime I go to Baja I never watch TV or listen to radio and no PC, etc. When I get back nothing has really changed. If it's important someone somewhere will tell you about it.

BajaGringo - 1-11-2011 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Agree with you about the USA's obsession with things that have little importance in the real world. Is it funny? Yea! Is it sad? Yea.

And yet without winning a single tournament the entire year, Tiger still carries the biggest stick...

Tiger Woods still the game's biggest earner despite 2010 woes

:?:

Pages:  1  ..  3    5