BajaNomad

What Is West Baja walk

Pages:  1  ..  6    8  

DENNIS - 5-8-2013 at 02:29 PM

I'm returning this thread to the journeyers.

DENNIS - 5-8-2013 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I take what you said above as an insult and a complete misread of my position.

I had to go back and reread it, but I still can't find an insult.
I'll keep looking.

motoged - 5-8-2013 at 03:16 PM

'couch potatoes, and keyboard commandos,'

Doc,
I make my own adventures in Baja and pay for them myself....I think what these guys are doing is cool....I would just do it differently when it comes to some of their planning.

Doc...if you were wondering:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124833%20&highlight=pics+baja+story

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199166

[url=http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124833%20&highlight=pics+baja+story]

http
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433323&highlight=tres+pendejos

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666961

As for others...I am not thinking of anyone in particular when I make a comment about the "rah rah" overboard comments some have made. I suggest that it might be the couch potato keyboard commandos who are doing much of the oohing and aaahhing.....but I have been mistaken in my perceptive assumptions before.

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by motoged]

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by motoged]

Curt63 - 5-9-2013 at 06:22 PM

From their Facebook

"May 5th

On a hike, weather does not dictate your pace nearly as much on a paddle. #Sunrise tends to have the least amount of wind. In the last few weeks we've adopted the lifestyle of rising an hour or two before the sun crawls up among the islands to our east and paddling until we tire. When the winds pick up, we hunker down. As we near the final weeks of the trip, this transect is perhaps the most extraordinary thing we have ever done. We've been traversing this peninsula for over 3 months now. 900 miles? Ah, who knows. Everyday is fresh and presents new obstacles in a new landscape. This project began as an opportunity to catch a glimpse of a wilderness that may not exist someday soon. That idea makes it difficult not to savor every moment.

DENNIS - 5-9-2013 at 06:51 PM

Nice shot.
Thanks, Curt.

motoged - 5-9-2013 at 09:15 PM

Quote:

That image is what it is REALLY about....paddle on.:saint:

EnsenadaDr - 5-9-2013 at 09:47 PM

beautiful...

BajaBlanca - 5-10-2013 at 08:14 AM

that photo is just stunning ! so neat that they are able to communicate while paddling, isn't technology just incredible?

mexicoliving - 5-10-2013 at 01:12 PM

Good times, wish we could be there.

New article

Curt63 - 5-13-2013 at 01:51 PM

Nat Geo article

tripledigitken - 5-13-2013 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Nat Geo article

As stated in article, this is their first try at SUP'ing.

Wow.

BajaGeoff - 5-13-2013 at 04:26 PM

Good stuff! Stoked to see some of the video starting to come out....

BajaNomad - 5-13-2013 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Nat Geo article

https://www.facebook.com/WHATISWEST

[Edited on 5-13-2013 by BajaNomad]

Ateo - 5-13-2013 at 09:01 PM

Looks like a ton o' fun.

What is West update: Getting close to end of trip (100 days)

Whale-ista - 5-15-2013 at 08:37 AM

The paddlers are getting close to the end of their trip. They posted an update on Facebook today. 100 days, 300 miles on paddle boards.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/05/13/1000-mile...

Udo - 5-15-2013 at 08:50 AM

That is a long time to be standing up!

durrelllrobert - 5-15-2013 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
That is a long time to be standing up!

Gotta remember that they are both upstanding young men.

Curt63 - 5-15-2013 at 09:20 AM

From their Facebook 5/15

"Day 100 May 12th Close enough to the end we can taste it. And it doesn't taste very good. We've logged over 300 miles on these boards!"

chuckie - 5-15-2013 at 11:23 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

What is West

El Jefe - 5-20-2013 at 11:51 AM

The lost boys Justin and Bryan made it to the harbor in San Jose del Cabo today. We hosted them to lunch and dinner yesterday and got to know them. Fine young guys. We even got in a little surf together.

They headed out around 7 Am through heavy surf this morning. Justin had to do a re-do after an inside wave rejected him back to shore. No equipment lost except a spare pair of pants.

What an admirable adventure they have had. Best of luck guys, and hope to see you again.

tiotomasbcs - 5-20-2013 at 12:25 PM

Surf's Up! Big south swell greetings. Where will they find the finish line? Geoff gonna be there for Celebracion? Great adventure, amigos. :bounce::wow::bounce: Tio

El Jefe - 5-20-2013 at 01:04 PM

They plan to paddle all the way to the tip in Cabo arriving Wednesday I believe.

Yes, fine conditions out there today. Glassy, well overhead. I'm tired!

whatiswest - 5-20-2013 at 03:12 PM

Plan to finish on Wed sometime late morning/afternoon at El Arco. Perhaps wash up on the beach break on the Pacific side and get some bodysurfing in.

Any good ideas on a nice place for a cold beer post Arch?

David K - 5-20-2013 at 04:29 PM

Well that was quite a ride... or it will be in a couple days. It was fun following your position until you lost the SPOT east of San Ignacio! Good luck with the future NatGeo story and TV special I hope they do!

BajaBlanca - 5-20-2013 at 04:42 PM

Congratulations on your chutzpa! Brave chaps you are!

DENNIS - 5-20-2013 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Well that was quite a ride... or it will be in a couple days. It was fun following your position until you lost the SPOT east of San Ignacio! Good luck with the future NatGeo story and TV special I hope they do!

You mean it's over?
WOW...Those PBs covered some fast ground.

Like DK says....can't wait to see the Special....and you had better get your butts out of the water before this trash boat runs right over you.

[Edited on 5-21-2013 by DENNIS]

Ateo - 5-20-2013 at 06:43 PM

Congrats on a journey you'll remember for the rest of your lives.

EnsenadaDr - 5-20-2013 at 08:44 PM

AH not so fast, guys....where are you headed next?

David K - 5-20-2013 at 10:15 PM

Dennis, in a couple days... they said Wednesday they should get to 'Los Arcos' (the arch of Cabo San Lucas).

watizname - 5-21-2013 at 09:05 AM

Way to go boys. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Curt63 - 5-21-2013 at 09:23 AM

From their facebook 5/21

"18 miles from #Cabo.
No more days like this. Our backdrop now: Hyatts and Hiltons. There's swell in the water and we're anxious to get in. We finish Wednesday at Cabo's famous Arch around noon. Meet us for a drink if you're around."

[Edited on 5-21-2013 by Curt63]

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Dennis, in a couple days... they said Wednesday they should get to 'Los Arcos' (the arch of Cabo San Lucas).

Think so?? I hope they aren't using their own compass. :lol:

I didn't notice this before, but I know it means something:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=438633222857401&...

[Edited on 5-21-2013 by DENNIS]

David K - 5-21-2013 at 09:28 AM

West is at the top, but it is not opposite of east, but instead, south... weird.

chuckie - 5-21-2013 at 09:30 AM

Mine often looks like that:P

BajaGeoff - 5-21-2013 at 09:37 AM

Awesome!

So stoked they are about to finish! I wish I could fly down for the arrival...but work is too busy.

Have a cold one for me guys...congrats!

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGeoff
...but work is too busy.

Glad to hear that, Geoff.
What do you think? Tourism is improving in Baja?

BajaGeoff - 5-21-2013 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Glad to hear that, Geoff.
What do you think? Tourism is improving in Baja?

I think it is definitely improving. 2012 was an amazing year and 2013 is looking to surpass it. Friends in the vacation rental business in Baja Norte have also said that they are filling up quickly for the summer and hitting rental numbers that they have not seen since 2007.

Let's hope the surf doesn't get too crowded...:lol:

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 01:32 PM

Quote:

Let's hope the surf doesn't get too crowded...:lol:

Or Sharky's. A man's gotta have a quiet place to reflect on life. :biggrin:

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Friends in the vacation rental business in Baja Norte have also said that they are filling up quickly for the summer and hitting rental numbers that they have not seen since 2007.

It would be of interest to have some demographics to go along with those numbers.....like what segment of US society is crossing in such numbers as to swing the status of dismal tourism as we've been seeing.
It's been my impression that a lot of US Mexicans are returning to La Tierra for visits and I'm wondering if they're making this difference. They would probably be able to see beyond the crime scare more readily than one with no historical connection to the country.
Jes wonderin', thas all.

BajaGeoff - 5-21-2013 at 02:22 PM

I agree Dennis. In my personal experience lately I have come across these different groups:

1. People that have always been visiting that were not dissuaded by the media/violence reporting

2. People that used to come all the time, but stopped for a few years, and are now coming back, having a great time and wondering why they stopped coming in the first place

3. "New" people that have never traveled to Baja Norte that are coming to check out the food/wine scene

4. People that are taking advantage of very affordable housing in TJ that commute to their jobs in CA.

Of course....I still come across plenty of people that think I am insane for traveling to Mexico as much as I do.

US Mexicans are also a big factor...especially around the holidays.

All I know is a few weeks ago I crossed south on a Friday afternoon and it took a looooong time and most of the plates were CA.

sancho - 5-21-2013 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
It would be of interest to have some demographics to go along with those numbers.....like what segment of US society is crossing in such numbers as to swing the status of dismal tourism as we've been seeing

Whether it is standing in the TJ pedestrian line coming back,
as I was last Thurs., or
having a fish taco at the Ensenada Harbor or recently at a full
campground at P Banda, we are but a VERY FEW of, you know typical Gringos at these places. I'm 70 mi. no. of the
border and none of my aquaintances that used to visit Baja
on a regular basis have have even thought of going back to Baja, these are
Gaviotis/Rosarito condo renters, restaurant patrons, etc., not sleeping
in a truck on the beach. However I seee many Ca. plated
vehicles in that area with Latinos from So.Cal, either born
in the US or in possession of border crossing documents,
but it does seem the worst of the Mex fear has subsided
to some degree

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho

but it does seem the worst of the Mex fear has subsided
to some degree

I think you're right. Now...if something could be done about the border and the economy, we might get back to some kind of normal.
Should I hold my breath? Maybe not.

BajaGeoff - 5-21-2013 at 04:31 PM

The border wait is a big issue....I know plenty of people that used to go down and would go again if they didn't have to deal with the long wait heading home. I guess we will see when the new crossing in San Ysidro is finally finished.

chuckie - 5-21-2013 at 04:59 PM

And? what does any of this have to do with the subject..??? Last I checked those boys were WAY south of the border....

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
And? what does any of this have to do with the subject..??? Last I checked those boys were WAY south of the border....

Well gawwwdammm, chuckie.......if we'd known it was gonna bum you out so much, we never would have said anything.
I don't know about these other guys, but I'm overwhelmed with shame and remorse.
Yep....feel just effing awful. :barf:

rts551 - 5-21-2013 at 05:28 PM

What would this forum be wthout a little ol hIJACK... Usually with some political nonsense combined with 10 year old directions.

David K - 5-21-2013 at 05:31 PM

And a rude or childish comment... :lol:

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 05:34 PM

The journey is all but finished, so if the OP, Geoff, feels like having an unscripted chat, it's OK with me.

David K - 5-21-2013 at 05:38 PM

Me too Dennis... to the haters here: if you don't like the dish that's served, find something else to eat, but don't spit in the food before you go!

chuckie - 5-21-2013 at 06:08 PM

What is the rude and childish comment? If it is something that offends people that think they own this forum, by virtue of long time membership, I say Pity them....

DENNIS - 5-21-2013 at 06:11 PM

Chuckie....are you hitting the sauce again? :smug:

BajaNomad - 5-25-2013 at 06:08 PM

Quote:

Done.
1000+ miles.
111 days.
San Diego to Cabo.

DENNIS - 5-25-2013 at 06:12 PM

Congratulations. Looking forward to the next chapter.

BajaBlanca - 5-26-2013 at 05:40 AM

what a great photo of the both of you! Congratulations once again on an amazing feat!

Please be sure to keep us posted as to articles., books, movies, videos ....

chuckie - 5-26-2013 at 06:05 AM

Looks like they had a fun trip...What say Dennis?

Ateo - 5-26-2013 at 07:21 AM

OK, mission accomplished. Nice work and great experience guys.

BornFisher - 5-26-2013 at 07:24 AM

Beautiful shot------ WTG guys, congrats!!

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Looks like they had a fun trip...What say Dennis?

Yep.... and they pulled it off without even one real disaster that I'm aware of anyway.

watizname - 5-26-2013 at 07:54 AM

Way to go boys.:coolup::coolup:

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 08:07 AM

Thank you boys, for the lovely and magical pictures throughout your adventure. I wish you the best in your respective careers, and I await your next travel itinerary. Congratulations on completing your trek and get some well deserved rest. Let us know what the next project will be!!

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Let us know what the next project will be!!

It's my understanding that they're far from finished with this one. The NGC special is yet to be put together.

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 09:12 AM

Dennis, you always seem to be in the know!! Are you sure CNN doesn't have a substation at Paty's Place?
Quote:
Quote:
Let us know what the next project will be!!

It's my understanding that they're far from finished with this one. The NGC special is yet to be put together.

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Are you sure CNN doesn't have a substation at Paty's Place?

CNN?? Why, yes. It's in that small backroom off the kitchen. Inside on the floor is a porcelain bust of Wolf Blitzer with his mouth wide open. :lol:

mtgoat666 - 5-26-2013 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:

Done.
1000+ miles.
111 days.
San Diego to Cabo.

very nice accomplishment,... but I am amused that the kids could not go a whole week w/o being on facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr,... exploration and adventure are just not the same anymore, wired world and satcomm has ruined the spirit of adventure :o:o:o:o:o:o:o :(:(:(:(:(:(
how can it be remote adventure if you are trading email w/ your mom and girlfriend every day?

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 09:39 AM

Same reason why Tom Meixner of Arizona State University can continue posting on BajaNomads while doing his job...I mean it's not hydrology, now, is it?
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Quote:

Done.
1000+ miles.
111 days.
San Diego to Cabo.

very nice accomplishment,... but I am amused that the kids could not go a whole week w/o being on facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr,... exploration and adventure are just not the same anymore, wired world and satcomm has ruined the spirit of adventure :o:o:o:o:o:o:o :(:(:(:(:(:(
how can it be remote adventure if you are trading email w/ your mom and girlfriend every day?

micah202 - 5-26-2013 at 10:30 AM

.DR Drivel...I'm sure it's of no consequence that you spend your time dredging up personal information on posters,,,,

............but why be such a TOOL!!??

Quote:
Same reason why Tom Meixner of Arizona State University can continue posting on BajaNomads while doing his job...I mean it's not hydrology, now, is it?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Done.
1000+ miles.
111 days.
San Diego to Cabo.

:barf::barf::barf::?:

[Edited on 5-26-2013 by micah202]

mtgoat666 - 5-26-2013 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
.DR Drivel...I'm sure it's of no consequence that you spend your time dredging up personal information on posters,,,,

............but why be such a TOOL!!??

dr wrong was wrong as usual. scary to think that she treats patients! :o:o:o:o:o:o :O:O:O:O:O :!::!::!::!::!::!:

chuckie - 5-26-2013 at 12:07 PM

Yeah,but can we post that picture a few hundred more times????

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 01:17 PM

Can't you separate the person from the profession? Just because I like to indulge in playful and sometimes controversial banter doesn't mean you have to attack me.

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Can't you separate the person from the profession? Just because I like to indulge in playful and sometimes controversial banter doesn't mean you have to attack me.

Don't talk to him. It only encourages him. Just walk around him like you would do with any other pile of dogcrap on the ground.

Bob H - 5-26-2013 at 03:07 PM

WOW !!

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 03:38 PM

Yes, Dennis. You did tell me that Wolfie always raved about Paty's Chile Rellenos!!
Quote:
Quote:
Are you sure CNN doesn't have a substation at Paty's Place?

CNN?? Why, yes. It's in that small backroom off the kitchen. Inside on the floor is a porcelain bust of Wolf Blitzer with his mouth wide open. :lol:

micah202 - 5-26-2013 at 06:36 PM

Quote:

.a.....you seem to make a rather big point about being a 'doctor'

..b....I feel compelled to comment since last time I saw you go to such a (very strange) effort ,,it was directed towards myself as a personal attack,,,though as I say....

...c....rather inconsequential,,,and a not so becoming on one's view of you,,or whatever professional mirage you try create by calling yourself a doctor

....d..last time I saw you playing your 'playful and sometimes controversial' games,,,it was on top of someone's grave

......you want some respect???..........try GROWING UP!!!:)

[Edited on 5-27-2013 by micah202]

EnsenadaDr - 5-26-2013 at 06:53 PM

Boys, once again congratulations, after all this thread is about you and your accomplishments. As Dennis mentioned, there will be more follow up with NGE and I hope you keep us informed. In any case, I will follow you closely on Facebook. I am frankly amazed at your first time attempt at SUP and going as far as you did, but the physical conditioning that you endured the first few hundred miles hiking and walking is probably what contributed to your success. Your parents must be very proud of you. My son is 25 and a very high achiever and I can say with certainty that parents also feel tremendous pride in their children's accomplishments. Felicidades!!

[Edited on 5-27-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

norte - 5-26-2013 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:

.a.....you seem to make a rather big point about being a 'doctor'

..b....I feel compelled to comment since last time I saw you go to such a (very strange) effort ,,it was directed towards myself as a personal attack,,,though as I say....

...c....rather inconsequential,,,and a not so becoming on one's view of you,,or whatever professional mirage you try create by calling yourself a doctor

....d..last time I saw you playing your 'playful and sometimes controversial' games,,,it was on top of someone's grave

......you want some respect???..........try GROWING UP!!!:)

[Edited on 5-27-2013 by micah202]

Beware the DR. part..... from her own post on the internet 1 May 2013. I wouldn't let her touch me...

"I have been studying for the United States Licensing Exam for over 6 months now, and I feel I am finally getting a grasp on the material. The US Medical Boards are focused on different material than the Mexican exam, to be specific, a broad Biochemistry base that is pertinent to Pharmacology, Microbiology and Pathology. The Mexican medical school experience did not incorporate this broad Biochemical base in the academics, and as a result I spent many months getting a grasp on Molecular Biology/Biochemistry."

Great Video

Curt63 - 5-29-2013 at 10:01 AM

From their Facebook 5/29

Nat Geo update with embedded video

BajaNomad - 5-29-2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
From their Facebook 5/29

From the FB site:

"New Nat Geo blog post up on the Explorers Journal! Check out the video in the link, it will give you a little taste of the day to day life of the boys' journey from an iPhone."

[Edited on 5-29-2013 by BajaNomad]

David K - 5-29-2013 at 06:06 PM

That was one weird video clip... broken bottles and barking dogs... is that really how they see Baja (so far)?

DianaT - 5-29-2013 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
That was one weird video clip... broken bottles and barking dogs... is that really how they see Baja (so far)?

Or is that just what you chose to see in this sampler video?

DianaT - 5-29-2013 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
From their Facebook 5/29

It is a great sampler video--- looking so forward to the final product as it looks like they have captured a lot of different sides of Baja.

mtgoat666 - 5-29-2013 at 06:28 PM

Quote:

i thought it was interesting. but my eyballs and brain was unsettled by the 2 second clip format, would have preferred 3 or 4 second clips,...

re barking dogs, i imagine that gringos walking attract lots of barking dogs, perhaps every ranch or house they pass,... lots of dogs in baja,...

rts551 - 5-29-2013 at 06:55 PM

some think art is dancing around a pole. others think the barking dog has aesthetic pleasure... personally, I thought the fotos of the dogs intriguing. Can you imagine the number of dogs that they met along the way... And some of them they caught the moment.

PS I find this clip more entertaining than the repetitive tire tracks down the beach....but to each their own...verdad?

[Edited on 5-30-2013 by rts551]

DENNIS - 5-29-2013 at 07:01 PM

I haven't as yet watched the vid, but were there lots of plastic bottles full of urine? I've heard they're everywhere.
OK...I'll watch for myself.

motoged - 5-29-2013 at 09:53 PM

I have tried recently to keep my opinions from dancing through my fingers onto the BN forum....but I have to admit that I totally agree with David K. on his take on the mini-video.

I think these two young men are on a self-indulgent fantasy of grandiosity that it far more about themselves than Baja.

A trip to bring littering and waste to the attention of others? So why break a discarded bottle and leave the shards on the ground?

And I doubt they traveled hundreds of miles without seeing anyone.....geez, everytime I have thought I was in the middle of BF Baja and wanted some privacy, sure enough, a Mexican walks by with a rope in his hand.... (small exaggeration....). There are pangas out on the chuck, there are surfers hiding out, there are cowboys following a few cows, there is a guy or his wife/kids watching the goats....stuff like that.

I remember the romanticism of my youth....and have held onto enough of it to still have dreams that I pursue.

I don't think these guys have an important story to tell that anyone over the age of six doesn't already know.....

My hat is off to them for the hardships of parts of their trek....and that's about it.

Just sayin'

You're never a prophet in your own land

Whale-ista - 5-29-2013 at 11:44 PM

What an interesting discussion these two young men stimulated here.

Thanks to Baja Nomad, I have watched their progress and the final video they put together. Personally, I wouldn't crush a glass bottle (Especially while pointing out all the trash people leave behind). But I can understand when you're walking many miles day after day why barking, snarling, potentially dangerous dogs would Make a lasting impression.

One thing that occurs to me: it's easy to forget how wild and adventurous Baja still can be.

I'd hate to think that when you live on the border, on either side, the wild nature of this place begins to disappear. Maybe to many of us, it's home, not exotic. But for people who are thousands of miles away, or even hundreds, Baja California still looks like a wild, unknown, adventurous destination.

Consider Dave's recent trip to the Sandbar/shell Island. For us, it's a drive of several hours. For others, it's a trip They can only dream about doing once a year, Or a lifetime, not on a moments notice.

For the what is West duo, walking and paddling Baja was a grand adventure they wanted to share with others. Oh, to be so young and carefree again.

Did they share a perspective we all agree with? Of course not.

If they create some interesting storytelling that attracts more people to Baja, well, that's what Graham McIntosh did so many years ago, and people probably had the same conversations about him as well. He turned out okay!

EnsenadaDr - 5-30-2013 at 03:49 AM

I loved it!! Keep up the good work guys!! There has to be a semblance of humor on that long trek!

mtgoat666 - 5-30-2013 at 05:44 AM

Quote:
You didn't see a repeating theme throughout the two minute video of barking dogs (more than any other single theme)? How about the stepping a Coke bottle to break it... ? It is my opinion, and I know even if you agree that was in the video, you will still counter my observation. I wish these guys success, but I do have an opinion about what they edited into that clip, that's all.

They like posting video of barking dogs. You like posting pictures of a silver toyota pick up. To each his own!

chuckie - 5-30-2013 at 06:00 AM

Good Point...

tripledigitken - 5-30-2013 at 06:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You didn't see a repeating theme throughout the two minute video of barking dogs (more than any other single theme)? How about the stepping a Coke bottle to break it... ? It is my opinion, and I know even if you agree that was in the video, you will still counter my observation. I wish these guys success, but I do have an opinion about what they edited into that clip, that's all.

They like posting video of barking dogs. You like posting pictures of a silver toyota pick up. To each his own!

I had an expectation of better photos and videos, being that they are to publish their work on Nat Geo. For me, the jury is out until I see what they put together for publication in Nat Geo.

I hope that they did use something better than an IPhone for what is to come.

Ken

David K - 5-30-2013 at 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
some think art is dancing around a pole. others think the barking dog has aesthetic pleasure... personally, I thought the fotos of the dogs intriguing. Can you imagine the number of dogs that they met along the way... And some of them they caught the moment.

PS I find this clip more entertaining than the repetitive tire tracks down the beach....but to each their own...verdad?

[Edited on 5-30-2013 by rts551]

Exactly... It is just what impressed me, that this is their first video teaser, and that is really what they think shows Baja? I admire their adventure and wish them success in marketing it. I look forward to more and only hope for a different aspect of what Baja California is, in the next one.

David K - 5-30-2013 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Sure, but I am not saying a silver Tacoma represents Baja or what everyone will see in Baja. It would be like them showing their shoes... just the equipment that takes one into Baja. :light:

Frank - 5-30-2013 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I had an expectation of better photos and videos, being that they are to publish their work on Nat Geo. For me, the jury is out until I see what they put together for publication in Nat Geo.

Ken

I'm waiting to see the final product. As a photographer, Im hoping for something better then Iphone shots.

Everyone sees Baja differently. Every trip down has been different for us, which is why we keep going. Interesting to see their point of view.

Ateo - 5-30-2013 at 07:33 AM

You guys are over analyzing. This looks like a random quicky. Jeeezus.

tripledigitken - 5-30-2013 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
You guys are over analyzing. This looks like a random quicky. Jeeezus.

That's the whole point of this board, over analyzing, without that we have nothing.

:tumble:

BajaNomad - 5-30-2013 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank

Ken

I'm waiting to see the final product. As a photographer, Im hoping for something better then Iphone shots.

Everyone sees Baja differently. Every trip down has been different for us, which is why we keep going. Interesting to see their point of view.

They had more than just an iPhone for taking videos. This was apparently just a quick teaser based upon iPhone vids. The NG article had this quote from Justin:

"The quickest camera to draw is always my phone. It captures candid moments better than any camera in our arsenal. This video is comprised entirely of footage from my phone and gives an honest, frank and fun view of what life was like for us hiking down the Baja Peninsula."

from Nat Geo (product of another photographer)

tripledigitken - 5-30-2013 at 08:01 AM

http://youtu.be/zTT6pCyHIBw

Sunman - 5-30-2013 at 08:05 AM

The quote "Lighten up Francis" comes to mind. Sheesh.

EnsenadaDr - 5-30-2013 at 08:08 AM

Life is to be taken seriously, but with levity and laughter!!

rts551 - 5-30-2013 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank

Ken

They had more than just an iPhone for taking videos. This was apparently just a quick teaser based upon iPhone vids. The NG article had this quote from Justin:

"The quickest camera to draw is always my phone. It captures candid moments better than any camera in our arsenal. This video is comprised entirely of footage from my phone and gives an honest, frank and fun view of what life was like for us hiking down the Baja Peninsula."

Lets not confuse the issue with information and fact.

bajalinda - 5-30-2013 at 09:10 AM

totally agree with you, mtgoat, on the 2 second clips - far too choppy and unsettling to the eyeballs! I'd had enough "jumping around" after about half way through. Perhaps it's not as jolting to sets of younger eyes!
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8