BajaNomad

Any Large Vehicle Rentals - Los Cabos

Ateo - 6-29-2024 at 02:02 PM

Anyone have any leads on a good place to rent a large vehicle like a van in the Los Cabos area?

I will check the good old internet but figured they may be a Nomad down there who has inside knowledge.

CaboMagic - 6-30-2024 at 01:49 PM

Ateo are you asking to rent and drive it yourself - or - seeking a private transfer ?

Ateo - 6-30-2024 at 01:52 PM

Thanks CaboMagic,

Rent and drive myself. Although it's usually very expensive so I may just rent two small passenger cars. Thanks! Mabe I'll stop in and see ya when down there! It would be cool to take my kids on a charter.

mtgoat666 - 6-30-2024 at 01:53 PM

In the good old days you could rent VW busses (and old school bugs)…

SunDevil - 6-30-2024 at 06:24 PM

Recommended car rental companies on the tripadvisor site are cactuscar.com, venturcarrental.com, loscabosfamily.com, bbbrentacar.com, Cabosuvrentals.com, and Alamo.com.mx

Looking at Cactus they rent Ford Transit and Toyota Hiacevans that seat 12. I didn't check any of the other sites.

Ateo - 7-1-2024 at 06:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SunDevil  
Recommended car rental companies on the tripadvisor site are cactuscar.com, venturcarrental.com, loscabosfamily.com, bbbrentacar.com, Cabosuvrentals.com, and Alamo.com.mx

Looking at Cactus they rent Ford Transit and Toyota Hiacevans that seat 12. I didn't check any of the other sites.

Epic SunDevil. Gracias. GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pauldavidmena - 7-2-2024 at 07:42 AM

Los Cabos Family Car Rental used to be called "Dominic Los Cabos," and was refreshingly informal. Transactions were strictly cash (U.S. dollars) in the Los Cabos airport parking lot. Plenty has changed since the rebranding, but almost entirely for the better. They are always my first choice when renting out of Cabo.

One year snow in Boston and ice in Dallas delayed our arrival by 2 days. Dominic had run out of cars, but since we had a reservation, he rented me his personal SUV for the week-long visit. Such behavior fosters loyalty IMHO.

Ateo - 7-3-2024 at 07:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Los Cabos Family Car Rental used to be called "Dominic Los Cabos," and was refreshingly informal. Transactions were strictly cash (U.S. dollars) in the Los Cabos airport parking lot. Plenty has changed since the rebranding, but almost entirely for the better. They are always my first choice when renting out of Cabo.

One year snow in Boston and ice in Dallas delayed our arrival by 2 days. Dominic had run out of cars, but since we had a reservation, he rented me his personal SUV for the week-long visit. Such behavior fosters loyalty IMHO.

Wow! Thank you. I will look them up now!

Ateo - 7-3-2024 at 09:16 PM

Thanks PaulDMena - I sent Dominic a message.

CaboMagic - 7-5-2024 at 04:34 PM

Ateo glad you got this handled! Lori

Ateo - 7-21-2024 at 04:35 PM

Just want to thank all of you above, and I really wanna thank you Paul and give a shout out to Los Cabo Family Rentals. What a beyand easy experience. They’re greeeeeeeeeat