BajaNomad

Remembering Odile, 2014

AKgringo - 9-25-2026 at 11:15 AM

I did not experience the storm, but I was headed that way when it was approaching the cape! I had contacts in Baja Sur, but I couldn't reach any of them to find out what was happening. It turned out that over 90% of the southern peninsula was out of contact, and much of it without roads as well!

I discovered this Forum doing onlline searches for any information I could find, because most of the mainstream media was as clueless as me. I have been following this website ever since then, and miss some of the contacts that used to be here.

It looks like the current Baja threat will hit even harder than Odile, but if the models are correct, Polo will cross over quickly from the west rather than traveling up the length of the peninsula like Odile did.

[Edited on 9-25-2026 by AKgringo]

Odile fun fact

AKgringo - 9-25-2026 at 12:17 PM

The system that produced Odile started in Africa, crossed the Atlantic, held together through Central America, then traveled up the Eastern Pacific to the Baja California peninsula.