BajaNomad

Mystery Airstrip, I wonder what this is for???

David K - 5-18-2005 at 05:06 PM

Mystery Airstrip

Just north of this runway is the large Arroyo El Junco (Baja Almanac Map 16, E-5. Some minor road is a ways to the west, and connects to the old south El Marmol road... not a big tourist area... :lol::lol::lol::?::?::?:

bajaloco - 5-18-2005 at 05:23 PM

I was speaking to someone that most of us on this board knows last month. He said that alot of drugs are being moved from the desert around that area. He told me that if you see anyone suspicious, drive fast. If they want you to stop, drive faster....:wow::wow:

Bruce R Leech - 5-18-2005 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaloco
I was speaking to someone that most of us on this board knows last month. He said that alot of drugs are being moved from the desert around that area. He told me that if you see anyone suspicious, drive fast. If they want you to stop, drive faster....:wow::wow:

this sounds like excellent advice.

Neal Johns - 5-18-2005 at 08:51 PM

That's within a couple of miles of where I broke my ball joint!
Checked out a lot of the roads there and did not see a thing!
The sat photo does not show any track leaving the strip that I can see, strange.

Neal...

Mexray - 5-18-2005 at 11:30 PM

...As I recall, said 'ball joint' was part of your Toyota's front suspension, and not part of your Avatar. Just thought I'd help clarify for those 'newbies' that might be lurking!

Sharksbaja - 5-18-2005 at 11:43 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech - 5-19-2005 at 07:12 AM

here is another one to watch out for south of Mulege

you need to copy and past this address. I dont know how to do that fancy thing that David K dose.:lol:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.819944,-111.863651&spn...

[Edited on 5-19-2005 by Bruce R Leech]