BajaNomad

itinerary ideas?

woody with a view - 5-20-2005 at 06:32 PM

we'll be crossing the border two weeks from last night (june 3 in the early am). we still haven't pinned down exactly where yet-depends on the swell forecasts as to where/when. 12 days in the desert for all the fun one can handle.

we are hoping to check out BoLA this time for some fishing/exploring. any sugestions on any side trips for intreresting places (one truck 4x4, one not) to see? we may also be near mulege and was wondering about trinidad. i've seen references to it here and wondered how to get there.

the great thing about this trip is we're flexible as to destinations and time frames. usually, we drive straight through, camp for X amount of days at one spot, then power drive for the border at the last minute.

thanks!

bajalou - 5-20-2005 at 06:37 PM

Just a note about whats going on -- In Ensenada the 3rd is the contingency row for the Score Baja 500 - and the race runs from Ensenada starting early in the morning of the 4th. part is on highway 3 and a couple stretches on Highway 1.

You can view the course map at

http://www.score-international.com/baja500/index.ihtml

Just to let you know whats going on as you drive down.

woody with a view - 5-20-2005 at 06:43 PM

i knew it was going off on the 3rd. what time should we get through to miss the traffic jam?

bajalou - 5-20-2005 at 07:30 PM

I'm not really familiar with stuff in Ensenada but I attached the schedule for friday the 3rd and the start on Sat.