BajaNomad

STOP IT ! Now try this;

yankeeirishman - 7-5-2005 at 06:57 PM

This poll is very amateur, indeed. Get rid of it! Only 20+ Nomads have responded to it, out of 1700 members! Worded incorrectly. It?s a catch 22 deal. Do vote for [a], you be damned. Don?t vote for , you be damned.

Choice of either;
[a] Baja travel info, photos, maps, trip reports, stories of Baja's past, meeting Baja friends, having fun.

B. To read how bad gringos are, lies and slander, how wonderful one person is for bringing gifts to the mountain people, profanity, hate, name calling.

To vote for [a], you may not ever be able to debate here; it may end up being judge as a troll or flame action because of the [a] included such allowances to control these type of responses IF it is deemed to be, by a few selected moderators. Disagreements with other Nomads could be literary controlled by the moderators as well; there are only a few of them to overlook 1700+ members. The [a] vote can convey strict controls over what you may post here; censures of criticism, debates, disagreements, and so forth.

To vote for B, is a very controlled offering aimed at jr by DavidK (come on you Blokes?we all know this!). Yet?. we don?t want outright hate here. We certainly don?t need threats. And the ?peeing on you? posts that continue for days, ain?t much wanted here either.

HOLD yer guns boys and girls before you shoot me here in OK Corral that I am makin? here!

When I first started to read and post here a few years ago?it was great! A few months into being a worm member (Newbies), I got shot down with a post I did (new road development news story I c/c). Did I get cremated with rudeness, jokes and all the other smut replies that I don?t wish to remember! And then the garbage continued with (most) other posts I did.

I responded back with the same?and it just got bad. I was painted as the Monster of the forum. Blackie, Bernie, Meno, and many others. I went to battle with. Then I got smart. I went back to being the good guy after realizing that my defenses were wrecking havoc on this forum. The flames, the trolls, the back handed slapped responses were really bad. I u2u most (or outright responded with positive remarks in postings) with peace offers, explanations, and/or with just plain persistent good posts.

It worked!

Got the point DavidK and jr ?

Make peace. But dont attempt to control the rest of us over your polls and wars. Please!

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

Mike Supino - 7-5-2005 at 07:01 PM

I believe that the only logical solution would be suicide.

But wait!
Maybe not!

How about a duel????? :o:o:o

If ya cain't dazzle em with brilliance

jrbaja - 7-5-2005 at 07:05 PM

baffle em with bullchit as the saying goes. And it's not worth having to point out bullchit to prove a point. But, notice I haven't posted since I got bored with it.:light:
Now's DK's chance to look really clever cause it just don't matter. Just had a whole neighborhood full of them this weekend. I need some mangos, bad!:lol:

bajaruby - 7-5-2005 at 07:05 PM

"When I first started to read and post here a few years ago?it was great! A few months into being a worm member (Newbies), I got shot down".

AMEN

Anonymous - 7-5-2005 at 07:33 PM

You missed the fireworks Yankee... some things were removed by the moderators (including my posts), only JR posted angry here after the editing, however.

Unfortunately, there should be more moderating to keep the site on topic, as the poll was designed to show. The few who like profanity here (and name calling, etc.) have convinced Doug to stop moderating what they post, even if it is soley done to create hate.

I know what I and most others like to read here... and the things I named above aren't them.

I keep offering an olive branch to JR, and he keeps pee-ing on it. I guess when you drink as much as he posted here (before 10 am even), that isn't a surprise.

What is a surprise how upset my request for truth and an end to the anti-personal posts (p***** gringos, dk is a this or that, chicken coopers, etc.) has made a few here.

Is that what you guys want... so much freedom to name call and slander that you chase away most of the good people?

The poll was the only way I could show Doug that JR's desire to change Nomad from a Baja travelers forum to a 'pee on all gringos except the ones who live there and agree with JR' forum.

I have posted alot, but I never demanded that anyone agree with me or condemmed anyone for coming to Baja and writing about it.

JR has posted alot... and he name calls, puts people down, trys to make people think I am not qualified to write about Baja (with 40 years of travel history in Baja that include 100's of trips, published books and articles, etc.)...

Over the years, I have received many emails from supportive folks who tell me they stopped posting here because they do not want to go through the attacks that I have received here. They cannot believe that I keep trying to be friends with JR, or that I was going to his place last year. One person even warned me he would turn on me...
Well, looks like it was true.

I am asking you who make up the majority to contact Doug and tell him you want this great Baja discussion forum back, and the anti-personal stuff to be removed.

David K - 7-5-2005 at 07:40 PM

Oh, the above was me... I was working on one of my web sites on a webtv acount that I don't use to post on Nomad, and didn't realize wasn't logged on before posting...

What I was doing when I clicked over to Nomad while taking a break... The GPS for the new Tecate border and road was added to my GPS web page, to help Baja travelers...

Bruce R Leech - 7-5-2005 at 08:00 PM

and the saga goes on:(

Well heck!

yankeeirishman - 7-5-2005 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Oh, the above was me... I was working on one of my web sites on a webtv acount that I don't use to post on Nomad, and didn't realize wasn't logged on before posting...

What I was doing when I clicked over to Nomad while taking a break... The GPS for the new Tecate border and road was added to my GPS web page, to help Baja travelers...

I have been to the other forums, and indeed, I?m a member of the "other guy's site. I don?t like that site. I like this site. It's more "human" if you will.

There surely must be a way for you dudes to stop this back and forth. I did?remember? And I was mad as hell against Blackie?but do you see us fight with insults anymore? Nada. There is a way for you two to make peace?.For the sake of this forum.

I didn?t know about the firework show here. But I will ya?If there?s much more of this garbage going on?you Blokes will have this place to yourselves. I love a good debate and all that?but the low has gotten too low.

DavidK and JR?..I (and many others here) beg you guys to put down that hatchet ya holding.

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

David K - 7-5-2005 at 08:17 PM

Bruce, this can end really fast...

I will accept an apology from JR and Me No for their zillions of anti personal attacks on me and my fellow Baja loving amigos, and delete all my posts that were posted in defense of their mean spirited actions.

Nope

jrbaja - 7-5-2005 at 08:21 PM

Everything I comment on is true. And I dare anyone to prove that any of their accusations against me are true.
Let's see, anti american, in it for self gratitude, doing what I do for recognition, not to be trusted, blah blah blah. From people who take what I point out personally.
Then, rather than respond intelligently, they call names and make accusations or insinuations with no backup when they are called on it.:lol: They just dissappear.
Very american I might add. Gossip! Must be something to do with "reality tv". Certainly applies to the idea of tourists who think they are cool because they vacation somewhere and pretend to know the place.. Reality? Hardly !!
But, if you can pick up some equally unknowing supporters, it must be reality, no?:lol::lol::lol:
Nevertheless, pretty soon the rest of the coopers will be back and chime on in. Maybe by then I will have regained my interest in stating facts about Baja and the people I see and what really goes on here.
Unless of course yall want to play "pretend Baja" like the coop groupers seem to believe in.

And sr.dk, why don't you tell your audience what the posts were about and who posted them before you connived a coop group moderator to delete them? Before I decide to.:light:

Yep!

move on...

yankeeirishman - 7-5-2005 at 08:29 PM

apologies? You guys .....just MOVE ON! Call it a stand off...and move on! Nobody wins, nobody looses. Move on for the good of this board.

I respect both of you. I love jr's outlook on the American tourist. I love DavidK's travel information. Why cant we have both of your goods...without the battle? Com'om...try it Blokes

to JR

David K - 7-5-2005 at 08:29 PM

JR: "And sr.dk, why don't you tell your audience what the posts were about and who posted them before you connived a coop group moderator to delete them? Before I decide to"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DK: They were flame posts, with personal mail, with a link to illegal photos on Baja.net. It didn't belong here, no matter who it was trying to embarass.

JR is it more important for you to be 'right' than for you to be happy? Unless this constant string of name calling and slander makes you happy? That is not very 'human', if you ask me!

Baja should be about happy... You are just chasing away people that could really be helping with your projects (like I have done).

If you didn't attack, then I would never post anything to counter with... I am sure everyone is sick of me spending time countering your stuff.

Enough is enough...
Peace please!

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by David K]

yankeeirishman - 7-5-2005 at 08:54 PM

Com'on jr.....he's calling it quits if you call it quits too. A way out of this stuff with honor to both. Let's roll with the good stuff from here on out.

Bajaboy - 7-5-2005 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Everything I comment on is true.

No JR, everything you comment on is your opinion. Let's get back to Baja because I could really care less what you think of DK or vice versa.

So did I mention that I am planning on taking one of those Costco inverters to Pancho at Playa San Rafael in October? Anyone been by to see him lately?

zac

Diver - 7-5-2005 at 09:05 PM

OY VEY !

Sick; Yes,
Enough: Yes, and I certainly hope so; please !

Bruce R Leech - 7-5-2005 at 09:08 PM

you guys that think that Jrbaja and David k are ruining this forum should not read there posts and should not be starting new threads that only serve to escalate things. personally I read every word and kind of enjoy the battle. these are to good guys that are having a public disagreement and nothing more. you are throwing gasoline on the fire and I don't care because this makes things interesting around here.

just don't open the threads that you say you don't like.:lol::lol::lol:

David K - 7-5-2005 at 09:22 PM

Zac, good for you! How will Pancho use it... in other words what will it permit him to do beyond his 1 hour of Hermosillo television?

See if he is still selling beer and sodas or making fish tacos for visitors, please.

Pancho was so cool to my kids and I when we dropped in after searching for the lost mission, just west of him.

Diver - 7-5-2005 at 09:30 PM

Just another kind of fun !
Although I do like the funny stories and pictures more.
Can you tell I'm back on my meds ?
Anyone want some ? Anyone need some ?:yes::yes::o:o:biggrin:

need something Diver

Sharksbaja - 7-6-2005 at 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Just another kind of fun !
Although I do like the funny stories and pictures more.
Can you tell I'm back on my meds ?
Anyone want some ? Anyone need some ?:yes::yes::o:o:biggrin:

After working my burro(?) off to come back to this!!! Well it's just like goin' home. Except not my home! Not much change. What can I say, I can be enthralled but not always
by off-camber bantering and continuing castigation.
Oxy-something? I hope.:lol: It would animate the animation.
I think I read somewhere that they said they disliked this type of ongoing diatribe. Could I be mistaken?
And JR would be wise to heed his own advise.

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 06:41 AM

Very trivial reading. This is worse than a comic book. What's happened to this forum? Where are the interesting Baja posters?

A pervasive sickness

Bajadtodebone - 7-6-2005 at 07:27 AM

The idea that one could go to a site and read/share experiences in Baja, especially for those of us who are reletively clueless about life in the Baja, was why I joined this forum. Too bad the ugly americans cum californios have infected this forum with their incurable proclivity for destroying anything good or useful. Just another instance of the "I just got to f--k with everyone elses life because I don't have one of my own" attitude that permeates the land above the Baja!!

If the likes of jr don't like/disagree with what David has established here perhaps (no, I insist) they need to go off and start their own website and/or forums. Maybe this would reduce the sophmoric bs to a minimum and we could get back to what this thing is supposed to be all about! Oh, you don't have the skills to do that? Put that on your list of things to do...right under "Get mental help".

:fire::mad::yes::cool:

Bajadtodebone - 7-6-2005 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Everything I comment on is true. And I dare anyone to prove that any of their accusations against me are true.

True or not, you miss the point.......GO AWAY!...GET A LIFE...ESAD!!

Good grief!:biggrin:

cracks me up !

mulege marv - 7-6-2005 at 08:18 AM

i have admit this is entertaining. it reminds me of third grade ! when you tell your kids to stop fighting, what happens ? (it usually gets worse !)

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 08:21 AM

Quote:

Sounds like my ex-wife. :o

Bruce R Leech - 7-6-2005 at 08:46 AM

Anon. in the other thread you wrote.

[Ludicrous, si! I will never read a post by JR or DK again. Too un-Baja-like, boring, and childish. ]

and here you are again. that did not last long.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 08:54 AM

Ah..Einstein Bruce,...that was me..a different 'Anonymous'...one among so many.

Don't you people

jrbaja - 7-6-2005 at 09:29 AM

have anything better to do ?:lol::lol::lol:

They're back!

Bruce R Leech - 7-6-2005 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Ah..Einstein Bruce,...that was me..a different 'Anonymous'...one among so many.

no it wasn't:moon:

Diver - 7-6-2005 at 12:59 PM

OK, where'd you get my picture ??
Good thing it's not a close-up !

Wrrrrrroonnnnnggggg!!!!!

Bajaddict - 7-6-2005 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
JR: "And sr.dk, why don't you tell your audience what the posts were about and who posted them before you connived a coop group moderator to delete them? Before I decide to"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DK: They were flame posts, with personal mail, with a link to illegal photos on Baja.net. It didn't belong here, no matter who it was trying to embarass.

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by David K]
Flame posts? I would guess, "by personal mail" that you are referring to your arrogant and disturbing U2U reply to my concerns about your posting of my wife's and my photos:

".........."

Contrary to your subsequent posts, these photos were not posted in the spirit of "showing Nomads having fun". I will submit that they were posted, as I suspected, in the attempt to suck me (and my wife) into your ongoing spat with another poster. When backed into a corner I come out a' swinging... I am funny that way :lol:

Underhanded of me? Yes.... Against board rules? Not that I can see.....

As for the "illegal photos": ........... I did not realize that these were copywrited. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have noticed that you still have my wife's and my photos up on your site. Permission to post these was never asked or granted.... contrary to your recent post otherwise. Your indescriminate use of these photos unwanted and undesired. Remove our photos immedeatly from your website. Don't post our photos again.

And as for your recent desire to share a beer, and that we can all be friends in the future.... don't hold your breath.

Are you going to get this post removed as well?

[Edited on 7-8-2005 by Bajaddict]

Wrong Anon

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like my ex-wife. :o

That's MY ex wife. She is the ex since I demonstrated insufficient mind reading abilities. Also, she presented the same "logic" as JR did - must be a "girlie man" thing.

and Bruce, this isn't the same Anon that you are hunting.

David K - 7-6-2005 at 06:51 PM

Once again, the drama is not needed Bajaddict.... Photos that are on my web sites that have photos of you and/or your wife shown:

1) M's BBBB#4, taken by Bedman, on my site since 2002.

2) Photo of BajaGato holding her trigger fish in a web page I made for you by request, and on my site since then.

3) Photo of you both at my Viva Baja 4 party you attended, photo taken by Bedman, 2003.

4) Photo of you in the painted cave taken last December when the four of us walked up there together.

Are there any more that you know of, those are the ones I recall?

At any time, you can request their removal, and you never had until this. I did ask to be emailed the request, by the way. So, yes... they are still on my site and always have been. Too bad you couldn't have just made the request in the U2U where I asked you... "What do you want me to do?".

As for the rest of the private message you made public here, JR was harassing you as a newbie... By re-showing the same old photos from 2002, it validated you were not a newbie to JR, and made it into a guessing game for all to have fun with ('Guess Who these Amigos are?') I don't have any idea why that would make you angry, but I am sorry it did... I posted other old Amigos as well, no other requests came in to remove them, FYI.

The old photos will be removed as soon as my web host can do it, I will email him the request today.

Hey...wait a damn minute!

yankeeirishman - 7-6-2005 at 06:55 PM

You guys...all of you fighting here on my posting......this post I did is to stop all this fighting. PLEASE respect my post...dont flame on it. Go start your own thread to pee on each other.

Bruce R Leech - 7-6-2005 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
and Bruce, this isn't the same Anon that you are hunting.

if you hide under the same name you take on there identity. you are all the same in my book, hiding and waiting to ponce on real nomads:lol::lol::lol:

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 07:01 PM

Anon 2.
Who is ruining this Baja Forum?
It's not only JR vs. DavidK.
That does not ruin anything.
(But JR has no right to pray on DavidK. And David really is only defending himself. I vote for David!!!)

It's also others ruining this forum, like sharksbaja, Bruce Leech, HoseA, Mr.BillM and more, who are praying on / attacking others.
Don't believe it?
Then read more carefully, guys !

And it is Doug with not deleting personal attacks early enough.
Or not at all.
Depends on who is attacked makes a huge difference to Doug and his deleting efforts.
No good job as a Super-Admin

This forum sucks b/c of personal attacks and no balanced review by the Admins / Moderators!

There are lots of other Baja websites w/ good exchange of Baja news and questions answered.
Yea, I know..... suggestion comes up: Go there and leave this forum alone.
marooons always argue like that.
Ever heard the word 'self-criticism' ???

First try ro spell it correctly.
Then try to use it correctly.
Then use it once a day before signing up here.
You will se, that makes a better forum :light:

thanks for the respect....

yankeeirishman - 7-6-2005 at 07:15 PM

Anonymous posters must look like this:

Bruce R Leech - 7-6-2005 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Anon 2.
Who is ruining this Baja Forum?
It's not only JR vs. DavidK.
That does not ruin anything.
(But JR has no right to pray on DavidK. And David really is only defending himself. I vote for David!!!)

It's also others ruining this forum, like sharksbaja, Bruce Leech, HoseA, Mr.BillM and more, who are praying on / attacking others.
Don't believe it?
Then read more carefully, guys !

And it is Doug with not deleting personal attacks early enough.
Or not at all.
Depends on who is attacked makes a huge difference to Doug and his deleting efforts.
No good job as a Super-Admin

This forum sucks b/c of personal attacks and no balanced review by the Admins / Moderators!

There are lots of other Baja websites w/ good exchange of Baja news and questions answered.
Yea, I know..... suggestion comes up: Go there and leave this forum alone.
marooons always argue like that.
Ever heard the word 'self-criticism' ???

First try ro spell it correctly.
Then try to use it correctly.
Then use it once a day before signing up here.
You will se, that makes a better forum :light:

I don't spell very good . but at least I can figure out how to register and sign in , how meny brain cell dose that take. and I haven't got kicked of the board like you anon.:lol::lol::lol:

Seems as if

jrbaja - 7-6-2005 at 08:45 PM

people have huevos when they post anonymously.
And David, you are lieing. There were two other posters who said pretty much the same thing as Bajaaddict.
And again, could you show me or provide some evidence of me harrassing anyone besides you. Without editing however you please before posting it!
Sheesh Man, you have been caught. You don't u2u anybody, correct?:no:

Watch this

jrbaja - 7-6-2005 at 08:57 PM

all previous coop group posts will now be made anonymously. What a surprise. Instahuevos!!:lol:

David K - 7-6-2005 at 09:33 PM

JR, I don't u2u newbies and warn them about you, I don't u2u anyone and tell them what to post, and that is what you have accused me of before.

As you were picking on Bajaddict and calling him a newbie, I though the truth being put in your face (proof is in the picture) would have made addict smile. Obviously, he has some new issues about being shown on Nomad that outweighed any humor.

Again, a simple u2u or email is all that is needed to remove your immage from my web site... Be specific, however... as I have a lot of photos that most have enjoyed seeing.

Anonymous - 7-6-2005 at 09:48 PM

Anon # 2 to Anon # 7
I totally agree with you.
This forum sucks until some guys grow up.
And I am not pointing my fingers only @ JR.
As mentioned, he got no right to pray on DK.

There are other guys - I listed them - who need to learn not only about self-criticism, but also about tolerance and such.
Those guys think, if they are launching an attack on somebody here in the so called www. they are coming close to an orgasm they fail to have otherwise.
You might call it ego-trip.

But I guess, where brain cells are missing, our try to change things will fail.
See: flat comments :fire:
First and foremost: stop personal attacks.

David K***

Bajaddict - 7-6-2005 at 09:54 PM

So now you respond by again posting links to my wife and myself?

It is unwise, to say the least, to mess in matters concerning my spouse.

Believe it or not, I have been nice about this so far.

That may change shortly.

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by BajaNomad]

roundtuit - 7-6-2005 at 09:55 PM

Gueez Would all you anonymous get a life. I joined this board to learn about Baja as a nebie to Baja not to hear all this BS. Am not a stranger to Mexico have been on the main land for 20 yrs. And found my home in Baja, but don't know if I want to invite you to my place for a beer as I have meet alot nicer pepole. I guess it takes all kinds to make a world.
:light::light::mad::mad:::?::?:

David K - 7-6-2005 at 10:15 PM

Those are sites already on the Internet and have been for years addict... YOU guys even sent the three to me to make a web site with! Are there any more you know of...?

How about showing some equal curtosy in getting your friends at Baja.net to remove the pictures on their site I have asked to be removed...???

Until this post above tonight, you have never asked me to remove anything from my web sites. I have been requesting specific instructions on what you would like for days now. I simply listed what I sent to my web host to have removed or edited, and asked you if there was anything else.

Maybe you should contact Bedman who gave me two of the four and let him know that you now, no longer want anyone to see you on the Internet. He is at Camp Gecko for a couple more days, so give him a chance to get home.

I took the ONE photo, in the cave (you smiled for me)... and you took the photo of Gato holding the trigger fish, I presume?

The links are removed as you have obviously sen them, but have not answered my question if there are any more... As I told you the list has been emailed to my web host for editing.

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by David K]

I tried....

yankeeirishman - 7-6-2005 at 11:04 PM

Guess you all dont give a damn about this forum. You go back and forth, back and forth. Educated men. Go ahead, all of ya...responding like a bunch of kids playing King of the Hill. You look like fools....ALL OF YOU. No one here got the guts to stop! For the first time, I am now considering an vacation from this rot of a forum. Thanks guys!

Sharksbaja - 7-7-2005 at 12:00 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::saint::saint::saint::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::wow::wow:
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::lol:
anonymous fools........................................................................................
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................
..................... Having fun yet? Just say the word Yankee....

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by Sharksbaja]

[Edited on 7-7-2005 by BajaNomad]

Doug

The Gull - 7-7-2005 at 07:50 AM

What does this string have to do about anything but a fight between a couple of Nomads? It appears as though it has been going on for some time.

Some of these children need a time out.:no::no::no:

Anonymous - 7-7-2005 at 08:03 AM

yankeeirishman,,, just look @ sharksbaja's post and you'll understand why this forum sucks.
Sharky is one of those posting personal attacks on others !
Any more question?

PJC - 7-7-2005 at 08:14 AM

Hmm... Time to turn of the "anonymous" feature.