BajaNomad

la bay yellows

4baja - 7-12-2005 at 08:22 PM

if you guys want yellows then its time to get to la bay, we fished there last week with full limits by 9 in the morning most days. the were thick ouside of horse head with larger ones to the south and north around the north side of smith. allso there was a dorado caught south of the big island with a few seen south. there was some squid but the biggest problem were the seals that were stealing fish everywere. water temps outside were in the mid 70s with inside bay temps to 83. air temps were in the mid 90s with high humidity 4 of the 11 days that we were there. there are finbacks in the bay with a few turtles seen, allso lots of dolphins in the bay. there was two rattle snakes in camp so be on the look out day and night.:coolup::bounce:

PacO - 7-12-2005 at 09:30 PM

Dog. I'll be down the second week in August..... Maybe those dodos and sails will come all the way in by then. I hear there's lots of sargasso grass around, too. I am sooooo ready.

Santiago - 7-12-2005 at 09:54 PM

Thanks for the report - will be there in 2 weeks and will update.

Santiago - 7-12-2005 at 09:54 PM

Did you do the circumnavigation?

Stev-O

Paulina - 7-13-2005 at 10:17 AM

Welcome home. Hopefully the Dorado will be in when we're there the third week of Aug. Our yellow boat needs a little dorado blood in it.

Did you get into the Red Snapper and Grouper bite like Doc did?

Dern y Paulina

[Edited on 13-7-2005 by Paulina]

Welcome Back

Big Al - 7-13-2005 at 01:13 PM

Steve:

Sounds like you got into them better than we did. We had limits some days and nothing other days.

Sorry, I didn't get down to visit. We left on Sunday the 26th. We camped with that huge group just north of La Gringa. We had a great time and unbelievable weather.

I am ready to head back down!!!

Big Al

4baja - 7-13-2005 at 07:39 PM

santiago we didnt do the trip because my fuel capacity is to low. i am currently redoing my boat with new electronics and a 35 gallon fuel tank in the rear. that will give me allmost 50 gallon capacity and with a few gerrys i will have 60. will be down in the later part of sept. for the boys trip when there will be around 15 of us and many boats. big al i looked for you but you must have left before we got there. a few day we had over 25 fish before 9:30 in the mourning(keept limits and released the rest) and ended up screwing around the rest of the mourning. me and beth on my boat with david a and yavon on theres with phill and bergi in the lizard backing us up. we had bull sharks come up on the boat down at barnabys with one being in the 8 foot range. they circled the boat and killed the fishing so we moved on north towards anamas were a breaching whale came within 2 feet of our boat. never want to see that again!!! looking forward for late sept. when the white sea bass start showing up at the 7 mile reef and hours of fun playing with bonita. dodos should be around then so ill be bringing my trolling jigs along with live bait jigs and bait tank. i might get the urge for a mid augest trip and go down with my buddy phill, hes talking about it now and i cant let him go with out me:lol:. a few more trips before summer ends:bounce::coolup: