BajaNomad

Computor music

comitan - 7-24-2005 at 07:16 PM

Below is a great site for streaming music no matter how slow your connection is.

http://www.sky.fm/

bajalou - 7-24-2005 at 07:53 PM

Sorry, comitan, but it won't hold a connection for me. My dialup here is 16.8k. They have a 20k button - but it tried to buffer for about a minute then lost connection - 5 time I give up - but thanks for the site.

:(

Bruce R Leech - 7-25-2005 at 06:32 AM

16.8 wow that is slow. cant you get that fixed some how. I was having trouble with mine a while back. I was only getting 42 but when I checked it out I found that if I unplugged my fax machine It went to 54. I don't know why but I keep the fax on the other line now.

Bruce R Leech - 7-25-2005 at 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Below is a great site for streaming music no matter how slow your connection is.

http://www.sky.fm/

thanks comitan good site

bajalou - 7-25-2005 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
16.8 wow that is slow. cant you get that fixed some how. I was having trouble with mine a while back. I was only getting 42 but when I checked it out I found that if I unplugged my fax machine It went to 54. I don't know why but I keep the fax on the other line now.

I have Prodigy Aire DSL also but my computer that has the WiFi or ethernet connection is down and this one only will handle dial-up. Before I got the DSL, I connected at 54 regularly, but when they changed the equipment this is what I ended up with. Since I have the DSL, they don't want to put any more speed in the dial-up than necessary for the phone. Hopefully I'll get the other laptop fixed soon and be back to my regular speed. Thanks for your thoughts. Of course my Skype won't work with this but I'm lucky that at this time of year, my US cell phone (Morotola bag phone with Yagi) works to the states without roaming.

:rolleyes:

pokey - 7-25-2005 at 08:15 AM

We get a 128k connection through cablemas for 19$ a month. I don't do much downloading so it works fine for me.

pokey - 7-25-2005 at 08:35 AM

Thanks for that link Hose A. The "speedometer" says I'm getting a 124k connection. I guess I'll consider myself lucky. I'll be the first to say that internet service through cablemas hasn't been trouble free. The internet guys have been here 6-8 times in the few months that we've been connected. Maybe the squeeky wheel gets the oil?

comitan - 7-25-2005 at 12:43 PM

Bajalou try this site. when you go into this site on the upper right hand corner ypu will see bitrate check the 28.8 and the page will give you much slower streaming speeds.

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?bitrate=24&x=12&...

[Edited on 7-25-2005 by comitan]

Dave - 7-25-2005 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
I think cablemas hires ex-phone company people that were fired for incompetency. :(

You can't get fired for incompetency. It's against the law.

I'm serious.

budman - 8-6-2005 at 08:01 PM

2.87Mbps smoooooookin

Keri - 8-6-2005 at 09:23 PM

200. 16 kbps on my new wifi connection,k:yes:

Sallysouth - 8-6-2005 at 10:20 PM

Thanks Nomads! Good stuff! Bessos to Keri, Sally