BajaNomad

Ensenada, Nada Mucho Report

Don Jorge - 7-26-2005 at 09:36 AM

Fished the waters south and west of Ensenada, from the lower 500 to the 1010 Sunday and Monday.

Water south at the lower 500 was cold and green, water from the 213 to the 1010 was cobalt blue, 68 degrees and void of birds and bait.

Saw some pilot and blue whales along with risso, bottlenose and common dolphin.

Only one kelp held game fish and I landed a nice yellowtail from it on 15 lb string at sunset on Sunday. We rafted the night on the kelp hoping to score in the morning, but the blue sharks invaded the patty, attracted by the discharge from our bait pump. It was impossible to fish there so we moved. Trolled the whole day for nada.

Oh well. We love to get on the water in the summer and all fisherman know you can't catch fish if you don't have a hook in the water and it only takes one stop to make the trip.

In hindsight, should have matched the chlorophyl charts to the sst and made a more educated decision to go outside and spend a couple of days at the dumper. Weather was great, no wind or swell.

Reports indicate the fishing remains scratchy and way outside. If the weather stays nice we will give it shot next Sunday and Monday.

Sidebar: the new Ensenada Federal Immigration and Aduana
offices make it one stop shopping for your visa and temporary importation documents along with payments received there too. Made it very easy to put the paperwork in order for us and the boat.,

That's all for now.

bajajudy - 7-26-2005 at 09:38 AM

Is Migracion still in the same place, just updated?

Don Jorge - 7-26-2005 at 09:48 AM

Yes, same place just modernized. Amazingly, there were some gringos there, on a Saturday no less, compaining about the time they had to waste on the paperwork for their boat.
I'm thinking to myself, you should have tried this 20 years ago, say in Manzanillo. marooons.

Good day Jorge

jrbaja - 7-26-2005 at 10:04 AM

How are the bamboo projects going?

Sallysouth - 7-26-2005 at 11:12 PM

Nice fish Don Jose! Now we know what you look like too, you hunky guy! Specially love the blood and guts stuff ! ;D