BajaNomad

El Rosario Festival Photos from DDM Rob!

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:24 AM

Rob, of the Diamante Del Mar project was at the opening ceremony, beauty pagaent, and rodeo and kindly sent me a few photos for me to share... They required reducing to meet Nomad photo posting rules, so the quality is not as good as the way Rob sent them to me.

Antonio 'BajaCactus' at the opening ceremony...

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by David K]

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:25 AM

Mama Espinoza with microphone...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:29 AM

The elders and the beauties...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:32 AM

Pagaent contestants

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:35 AM

Antonio and his dad and mom...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:37 AM

The town was there cheering for their favorite candidate...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:43 AM

International judges included our own Doug 'BajaNomad'... here crowning one of the girls...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:46 AM

The winners...

David K - 8-1-2005 at 12:51 AM

Exciting rodeo!!!

Thank you DDM Rob for letting me show your photos. They further prove what a great event this was and El Rosario as being one of the peninsula's friendliest towns. There was just so much to see and do, those of us who where there could not be in all the places. I highly recommend all Nomads try and make next year's! BajaCactus, you were awesome amigo!

David K - 8-1-2005 at 08:17 AM

Okay, thanks to Barry A for the alert on one photo not showing... it is now.

Tomas Tierra - 8-1-2005 at 08:30 AM

Dk.. was there a side trip to Las Pintas???Wondering about the road out there...That last bit throught the mesquite when you leave Canyon San Fernando was pretty torn up last time I was out there...Feb '04..TT

David K - 8-1-2005 at 09:21 AM

Hola Tomas,
No trip to Las Pintas that I was aware of. Just too much going on closer to town. Our desert caravan to El Cardonal, La Vibora, and El Sauzalito was the longest tour from town I think.

I was last at Las Pintas when we went as a group there from M's BBBB-1 event at Cielito Lindo, in 2001. Photos at Las Pintas follow those taken at Cielito Lindo: http://vivabaja.com/van1 . I would like to go back and show it to Baja Angel, however!

Tomas Tierra - 8-1-2005 at 09:35 AM

There was a large piece of Equipment out There that I could not identify..on wheels, almost looked like a log splitter on steroids..large set of dually tracks but no vehicle.. I'm terrified that someone is trying to cut slabs of that fossil rock for export...i had to park just off the canyon S.F. and walk the last 1.8 in there..Even with my trusty old T-100 4x4 I couldnt make it up into the mesquite.. Whoever got thaqt equipment out there did so before the rain event/worn road that kept my truck out...That was again Feb.'04

BajaVida - 8-1-2005 at 02:24 PM

who's the dude in the black and white shirt and tan hat?

looks like he has some history

woody with a view - 8-1-2005 at 09:10 PM

Quote:

i vote for the honey on the left:spingrin::bounce:;D:smug:

Taco de Baja - 8-2-2005 at 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
The winners...

How did the one on the far right get picked as a winner????:lol:

surfer jim - 8-2-2005 at 04:02 PM

BajaVida....I think he said he was 83 years old if I heard right...he was at the beach storytelling on Friday night....A friend of Neal Johns who was there knew him......maybe he will be able to tell us more.....