BajaNomad

So what's what with the whiners

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 08:38 AM

druby and yankee say everyone is leaving this board because Doug isn't fair.

Others say it's because of the arguments.

DK says it's because I call P-nche gringos P-nche gringos.

I have shown friends who live in Baja the board and they see right through the armchair advice posted by Baja "gurus" and realize the hot air that is being posted.

Most of them still read the board for the humor and pictures but certainly don't want to get involved when there is so much whining from dk and the groupers.

But in reality, I doubt that these whiners even have a clue as to who is or isn't leaving the board. Just like their info on Baja. Armchair info doesn't interest anyone who actually spends time here.

As far as newbies go, DK seems to think that unless he personally u2u's them when they sign up, everyone else is out to scare them away.:lol:

Fact is, the newbies are the only ones impressed with armchair information posted by tourists. Go david! You've found someone you can impress!:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 8-12-2005 at 08:50 AM

I am not going anywhere, I love it here. I don't understand why some one quits just because the heat gets turned up a little under there Butt. that is the fun part of this forum. debate was always my favorite subject in collage and I don't back down easy. and I never quit. I can argue both sides of any issue and enjoy it . I wonder why I hate politicians so much?:lol::lol:

Bruce

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 08:53 AM

I could have sworn the spelling bees would have been your favorite in college.:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 8-12-2005 at 08:57 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:No not hardly that was the sore point. :lol::lol::lol:

Anonymous - 8-12-2005 at 09:25 AM

Let me tell you why people may be leaving.

Most folks who post or lurk probably do so for reasons light-hearted and positive. Unfortunately, I think many would suggest that Nomad board space has recently been consumed with negativity. People are going to think twice about jumping in when there is a reasonable probability they will be criticized.

I think the proof is in a sample of the posters. The vast majority of posts are from JR, Bruce Leech, Yankee Irishman and a couple of others. That is not the way the old Amigos board was, nor is it the way the Nomads boeeard was after the demise of Amigos de Baja. What ever happened to David Eidell? Where is Jeans? Where did Mr. Chuck go? The bottom line? It's just not very much fun, nor is it very informative any more.

Anyway, that is one person's perspective. However, I guarantee that if everyone lightens up a bit and allows a wide range of comment without critical response the board will be a much more friendly and vibrant place.

To sooth those whose feathers are ruffled by anonymous posters, my name is Dan White. I have been traveling the peninsula for 50 years, speak Spanish fluently, live in Cabo San Lucas part of the year and know a lot about Baja California. If that makes me a p....e gringo, it is a badge I will wear proudly.

50 years

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 09:45 AM

and you still don't know what makes a P-nche gringo?:no:
Surely you jest!:lol:

Anonymous - 8-12-2005 at 09:46 AM

Wow Bruce and I had you pegged for a journalism major .

Bruce R Leech - 8-12-2005 at 09:55 AM

Anonymous Unregistered
you don't know what my majors were. you don't even know your name:moon: or how to sign in:light:

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

comitan - 8-12-2005 at 10:01 AM

DW see how easy it is to get sucked up these (discussions):spingrin::spingrin:

Who's DW ?

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 10:17 AM

I didn't see any posts by that name. Oh wait, could it be a secret society of anons.?:lol:

Ever wonder why the attackers come out in force every once in a while without even being addressed themselves?:lol:

rpleger - 8-12-2005 at 10:30 AM

Hey guys: Keep it up.

This board is lots of fun and every now and then I learn something.

vandenberg - 8-12-2005 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Let me tell you why people may be leaving.

Most folks who post or lurk probably do so for reasons light-hearted and positive. Unfortunately, I think many would suggest that Nomad board space has recently been consumed with negativity. People are going to think twice about jumping in when there is a reasonable probability they will be criticized.

I think the proof is in a sample of the posters. The vast majority of posts are from JR, Bruce Leech, Yankee Irishman and a couple of others. That is not the way the old Amigos board was, nor is it the way the Nomads boeeard was after the demise of Amigos de Baja. What ever happened to David Eidell? Where is Jeans? Where did Mr. Chuck go? The bottom line? It's just not very much fun, nor is it very informative any more.

Anyway, that is one person's perspective. However, I guarantee that if everyone lightens up a bit and allows a wide range of comment without critical response the board will be a much more friendly and vibrant place.

To sooth those whose feathers are ruffled by anonymous posters, my name is Dan White. I have been traveling the peninsula for 50 years, speak Spanish fluently, live in Cabo San Lucas part of the year and know a lot about Baja California. If that makes me a p....e gringo, it is a badge I will wear proudly.
JR, Do you actually read these people's posts, or mayb you can't read??:lol::lol::lol:

Just the ones

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 12:11 PM

with pictures!:lol:

Anonymous - 8-12-2005 at 05:34 PM

Dan White...Right On!
I agree with you...lighten up. Don't be so fast to put someone down for their comments.
I will stay anonymous because JR you scare me too much...be nice it will make you feel good tomorrow. Well maybe :biggrin:
I will keep lurking and reading post that look interesting...that's why I keep coming back for more and will continue to.
:rolleyes:

comitan - 8-12-2005 at 05:42 PM

Dan

Don't be afraid of Jr, He's that little kid in the third grade that flew the paper plans etc, just to get attention, well he just grew up learned how to think and express himself, but he forgot to learn how to listen.

Mike Supino - 8-12-2005 at 05:50 PM

Is that you Me-No?

Psyche 101

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 06:51 PM

ala Comitan in Comitan. :lol: I'd say you could really do some good hangin out in the Club Marlin there Lucy. Perhaps you can save all those folks too.:lol::lol::lol:
As far as listening goes, first I must respect what is being said, how it's being said, and who is saying it:light: Obviously, I don't consider clucking in those parameters:o
Reverting back to the usual, I don't start the quibbles, I just back up what I say rather than deleting, whining, and looking for support from likeminded clones.

They used to call it individuality but I'm getting a feeling that may be becoming a thing of the past in certain parts of the world. Good thing for the enclaves:lol::P

comitan - 8-12-2005 at 07:08 PM

Jr individuality is a good thing, but always bashing people or enclaves, because it is part of thier individuality, you have no right to criticize or condemn. Respect other peoples rights even if you don't agree, that is your lesson for the day from your elder.

Frank - 8-12-2005 at 07:17 PM

Im a newbie and Im not going anywhere. Where else can I get both sides of the coin? I read and then go explore to see who is closer to the truth. It gives me something else to do beside giving fish decorative piercings.
I would like to hang out with a couple of you, Im sure your even more interesting in person then on the web. BTW the pictures section on the site is really my favorite, its worth a 1000 words ya know.

Comitan

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 07:20 PM

"Respect other peoples rights even if you don't agree, that is your lesson for the day from your elder. "

If the P-nche gringos followed this rule, we wouldn't be having this conversation, otherwise, I'd be makin up some stories or sumthin:lol::lol::lol:

comitan - 8-12-2005 at 07:32 PM

Jr

Please explain to me how the P-nche Gringos don't follow this rule and deserve your attacks.

Having fun yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR

Baja Bernie - 8-12-2005 at 07:43 PM

So! Just make up a story or two--anything the reduce the boredom.

David K - 8-12-2005 at 07:45 PM

JR, just wondering why you continue with your story that I u2u newbies here? It is not true, I have no agenda to pursue with new Nomads...

Don't feel threatened... You will soon be the #1 poster with your daily dozens of soap opera-like contributions, as I post less.

That is your goal, isn't it? I am trying not to be confrontational here with you, but when 'DK' is in so many of your posts, I think you are really seeking some dialog with me...?

Is it at all possible you could actually take a lead in doing the mature thing, and return to posting about Baja and what you do there? Baiting people to have fights with or to chase away all good folks who have little time for the childs play is such a waste of Doug's server space.

Why not start your own forum...?

You might call it:

"THE gringo who is dying to be accepted by the Mexicans, so I bring them gifts and call my fellow countrymen p***** gringos... Will you bring me clothes, bug spray and baseball equipment to help me become more God-like? forum"

OR

"THE I live here so only I am qualified to tell others what there is to see here forum"

Personally, I would prefer that you come back down to being the nice 'human' I met and shared cervezas with in La Barca...

Just getting tired of the insults to me and so many others here...
Please think about it amigo...
David

comitan - 8-12-2005 at 07:56 PM

"O" now your going forget all about me and lay into DK who just challenged you, I know he"s your favorite.:(:(:(:(

jrbaja - 8-12-2005 at 08:39 PM

Comitan

If I have to explain to you how the P-nche gringos disrespect the Mexicans, you really don't get out much, do you?

David, whatever! You personally proved my point about P-nche gringos in El Rosario, let alone the fact that again you are lieing about u2u'ing. One of the advantages to your deleting your postings eh!

[Edited on 8/13/2005 by jrbaja]

David K - 8-12-2005 at 08:59 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where you in El Rosario?

You were not, so there where no p*****gringos there.

Antonio said a couple days ago, everyone in town was so thrilled they are making sure he knows they want a repeat festival next year. I will again help spread the word about future events there or anywhere Baja Nomads can experience the beauty of Baja and it's people. Why it upsets you that I had a small part in helping is beyond me, but you need to get over it. Not all good things that happen to Baja people need to be provided by 'jrbaja'.

That word (p*****) is so vulger, your mama would wash your mouth with soap...

comitan - 8-13-2005 at 06:48 AM

JR

I agree P-nche could be considered to be disrespectful to the mexican people but how do you sit there behind your computor and say who is a P-nche gringo and who isn't, also you say you stay away from the gringo enclaves, and in your travels you are always hanging with the Mexicans so this leads me to believe no are no expert on P-gringos that you can be an antagonist to the people you assume are P-nche gringos.

Yawn !!!

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 08:26 AM

comitan - 8-13-2005 at 08:36 AM

JR

Wake up and answer, your credibility is at stake. everyone on the forum is axiously waiting for your reply.

First off

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 08:47 AM

Did you stay up all night just waiting to pounce?:lol:
"how do you sit there behind your computor and say who is a P-nche gringo and who isn't,"
If that's the question, because I've met them, I see their posts, and I hear all about them from friends who are around them. ( the coopers have spies in their midst!):lol:
As far as my credibility goes, I could care less about credibility with people who lie, gossip and act like true P-nche gringos on a regular basis and then deny it.
I don't know you well enough to know about whether you are or aren't Comitan but it does seem like you may be standing in for one from your area.

PS, I live in a gringo enclave when I'm north. When they are here it's just like talking to you guys!:lol::moon:
Heard any complaints about the hired help lately?:lol:

Besides, isn't this getting old? When I see that the orginal poll has been altered, I see what kind of people I am dealing with here. No argueing with that kind of chit is there?

If we could have an argument using truth rather than deception, I might have a little more respect for the P-nches involved. But I don't!

[Edited on 8/13/2005 by jrbaja]

comitan - 8-13-2005 at 09:08 AM

JR

Credibility is everything, ( If that's the question, because I've met them, I see their posts, and I hear all about them from friends who are around them. ( the coopers have spies in their midst!) Do you also hear voices in the night JR. Yesterday I gave you credit for being able to think and express yourself, The rant this morning blaiming anyone and everyone leads me to believe your credibility is to be questioned.

Oh I forgot,

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 09:44 AM

Your a psychologist:lol::lol::lol:

Funny thing is Comi, I have received two emails this morning stating that dk has sent them and their friends u2u's when they signed up. They just have better things to do than get involved with this nonsense. And I know a LOT of other people who complained about the same thing.
And not that DK being somewhat "truth impaired" is a big deal, it's more of a cumulative effect from he and others who like to "bend reality" into what they would like other shallow minds to think.
Seeing the actions of some on this board, traveling all of Baja a lot, and living in both a gringo enclave and a fairly rural setting in the south gives me some insight into having a fairly broad and open minded view of "things Baja".
When I talk about these things, it is always the same people who take it personally and start a battle with accusations, lies and gossip. I call them the chicken coop group for a very good reason. It's almost the same as daytime soaps. Wonder where they get it from?
But, aren't we all getting tired of this? It's gone on before and just wears out. I can keep playing if you wish but how's about posting some pictures or stories from when wheels were square instead!!:P

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 10:06 AM

JR, forget the pictures, stories, BS. We are tired of ALL JR ALL OF THE TIME.
Give the board a little break, take a vacation.

comitan - 8-13-2005 at 10:18 AM

JR

I'm getting tired of this banter with you, what I want to know is what difference anything makes with DK u2u anyone he wants to, you also have the same option and you have used you said, and why the personal attacks, thats hitting below the belt thats the sign of a loser.

Let's see here

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 10:25 AM

My being accused of drugs, alcohol, paranoia by someone who has been caught fabricating, etc. is something I should consider a gift?:lol:

Why are you ignoring the fact the original poll was changed? This means nothing to you as a psychologist/spokesman?

And by the way, it seems you have some competition from a nameless yet visible counterpart.

comitan - 8-13-2005 at 10:35 AM

Jr.

Still being evasive. Iv'e already said the pole means nothing and will accomplish nothing.

Evasive?

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 10:49 AM

How so?
And for someone who says they are tired of this, you sure seem to be hanging in there.

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 11:27 AM

Yawn...

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 11:50 AM

Go back to the bamboo, THEY miss you!:yes::lol:

Stop distracting this board from its purpose, to discuss Baja... and not a place for you to put down nearly everyone here for reasons both real and imagined.:o:wow::yes:

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 12:03 PM

Well, JR, you just don't get it do you? The minute you get involved, what might otherwise be an intelligent, informative discussion goes right in the tank. For reasons no one will ever know the notions of respect and civility long ceased to dwell in you if ever they did.

JR, you are a misfit. Over the years I've watched you go from a positive and informative member of these forums to a consistent naysayer. Your words often sting, JR and I'm sure it drives many away from participation who would otherwise join the discussions. Unfortunately, you seem to thrive on hurting others, or at least the attempt to do so.

It's funny, I actually spent some quiet time thinking about you last night -something I did not intend to do. I realized that I never hear about a wife, children or anyone of consequence in your life. I suspect that the reason that never comes up is that if you ever had such individuals, you drove them away long ago. Do you have any friends, other than those whose affection you purchase with second hand clothing and fledgling bamboo glens? Do people care about you? From what I read on this board, it is doubtful. No one displaying the attitudes and spewing the vitriol we consistently see coming from you on this forum is going to generate any significant interest, let alone respect and concern.

Who and what are you JR? How did you get this way? Why is it so important to you that some live in "enclaves"? Why is it so important for you to trumpet the purported "fact" that you know more about the peninsula than most others? I suspect it is, again, because you are a misfit, a loner and long ago were rejected by your contemporaries.

Mr. Chuck pegged you to a "T" some time back. For those not in the know, Mr. Chuck was a frequent contributor on the old Amigos board and a long time East Cape resident Most folks won't recall the exchange, but MC noted that in the region you now call home you are looked at as nothing more than a worn out old hippie playing with bamboo. What is sad is that the Mexicans you claim to be helping are probably laughing loudest at you when you turn your back.

Tell you what I'm going to do JR. I think a little challenge is in order. Let's see if you have the sand to do something really worthwhile as opposed to flapping your jaw all the time. You pick a project that really MEANS something to the folks in your area. I'm talking about a installing a reverse osmosis unit so that children can drink purified water, getting a school bus for a community that needs it or, the like. You pick the project and David K. gets to approve it, if he will agree to do so. When he does, I will match every dollar you can raise up to $5,000 (my share - $10,000 total) and the money will be put in an escrow account controlled by David. The money will be paid out as the project progresses - you get to be in charge, with David supervising. However, the project must, I repeat MUST, be meaningful and permanent. No screwing around with bamboo furniture or anything related.

Well, JR, the gauntlet lies on the ground before you. Everyone who lurks or posts is now going to have the oppportunity to see if you can do something other than talk. I don't think you can or will do it, but as my old partner and mentor used to say, "All of my pencils have erasers on them."

David knows how to contact me as do you if you think about it. Dan White

Bob and Susan - 8-13-2005 at 12:24 PM

Holy Cow:fire: Batman (JR)

Are up FOR THIS!!! OUCH!!!

David K - 8-13-2005 at 12:54 PM

My goodness!

I think that is a very generous (very, very generous) contribution Dan.

I think it is also comendable that you are also trying to get jr to get along by requiring us to work together on this.

Since jr and I have been friendly before, I don't know why we can not be, again.

For the bennifit of some remote village(s) in Baja, I will accept the task you request.

Okay jr, what to you have to say to this very 'human' offer by Dan White?

Mr. Dan W.

Sharksbaja - 8-13-2005 at 01:25 PM

We already know the beefs JR has. What confuses me however is the thorny olive branch this REALLY is intended to be. This thread isn't about people in need it's about setting up JR. Grow up. Spend the money yourself and feel good about it.
Your proposition is a lose lose situation. Why would JR trust DK or you for that matter with something as important as pure drinking water for the needy.

Your trust in DK goes without question. How do you figure by down playing JRs (who knows what) contributions that it will prove anything. Are you questioning his motivations for giving or the value of what he gives. Very confusing.
The way I see it you are just stirring the pot and adding more heat to the fire. I noticed DK has no problem with your idea.......... very strange? Dk, do you trust JR?

I don't think your plan will sail smoothly with you leaning so hard aft.

Bob and Susan - 8-13-2005 at 01:41 PM

Dan

I think I agree with "The Shark" on this....

"DK Supervising" is not an option...JR is not a follower..he's a leader

I think the people have the water situation handled or they'd be dead.
School busses would be nice but who buys the gas and repairs?

Education is the KEY....

Old saying say something like
"Feed a man a fish dinner and he'll starve but... Teach him to fish and he'll never be hungry"
or something like that.

Books, paper, penciles, desks etc could change the world:saint::saint:

Bob and Susan - 8-13-2005 at 01:50 PM

Shark...

Getting off the subject but...I just finished a GREAT book...

'Darkside' by Peter T. Deutermann

My favorite charactor was "The Shark"

And I LOVED the title.....The Darkside"
bob
ps
If you get it on book on tape "Dick Hill" reads it and he's the best.

It will make the drive MUCH shorter....:lol:

[Edited on 8-13-2005 by Bob and Susan]

Dave - 8-13-2005 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
ALL JR ALL OF THE TIME

JR, I think you've found your signature. If you don't choose to use it, may I?:biggrin:

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 02:00 PM

Maybe JR can drive the school bus also , if he can take a few hours a day away from posting or wowing us with his tales of bamboo .

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
ALL JR ALL OF THE TIME

JR, I think you've found your signature. If you don't choose to use it, may I?:biggrin:

Too funny! And DK would be "The All-Baja Station"...All baja....All day....

Sharksbaja - 8-13-2005 at 02:28 PM

Or maybe "Weekenders anonymous" :biggrin:

I started my projects

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 03:15 PM

to get away from P-nche gringos. The last thing I want is having them get involved! And as far as DK becoming involved.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"You pick a project that really MEANS something to the folks in your area. I'm talking about a installing a reverse osmosis unit so that children can drink purified water, getting a school bus for a community that needs it or, "

Very white of you to offer to throw your money around but it's obvious you know very little about San Bartolo when you make statements like this. Very similar to your little buddies advice on Baja. You know, the baja guru:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bob and Susan - 8-13-2005 at 04:42 PM

Ms Anonymous

At least he signs his name when he says something STUPID
:P:P

Bruce R Leech - 8-13-2005 at 05:52 PM

Jr I wouldn't wast my time arguing with an anon. they don't even want to be Nomads so don't give them the time of day.he or she loses by default when he doesn't sign in.:lol::lol::lol:

Anonymous - 8-13-2005 at 06:08 PM

JR, good for you. Stick to your guns. I'm a loner, lone wolf, just like you. I haven't had the courage to answer your ad for a "partner" in your farming endeavor but maybe now is the time for me to speak up for you. To me you have courage and character, a kind of lonely, haunting "oneness". Since I don't see a woman in your life I've been hoping a "partnership" would take the edge off that rough, insulting persona you've taken on -- perhaps you just need someone close, loving and handy with a joke, a pat on the back, some help sawing the bamboo. I'm hoping someone on the board will understand, send me you email address so we can find out if we have anything in common beyond this board. P.S. I can handle myself in the woods and I like the rugged, loner type.

Bruce R Leech - 8-13-2005 at 06:22 PM

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKK OOOOOUUUUUTTTTTT
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

JZ - 8-13-2005 at 06:27 PM

"JR is not a follower..he's a leader"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You sure have a whack definition of a leader... that is an insult to every leader I know... wow, that is the sadest statement I've heard on this board in a while. What is the world coming to where rational people would make such a statement.

A hippie, scrambling for a quick (bamboo) buck is more like it. Mr. White called him out, and looks like JR can't put his actions where his big mouth is...

[Edited on 8-14-2005 by JZ]

Bruce R Leech - 8-13-2005 at 06:32 PM

Mr. White????

JZ - 8-13-2005 at 06:37 PM

Read the bottom the anon post, it is signed Dan White.

Look what again crawled out of the woodwork

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 06:44 PM

jz is back with his wonderful Baja insight.

"Mr. White called him out, and looks like JR can't put his actions where his big mouth is..."

Which part of "not for P-nche gringos" don't you understand. And little david needs to find a project of his own. Ha, that would mean no babysitters like white/jz coming to his ******** aid though wouldn't it?:no:

[Edited on 8-14-2005 by BajaNomad]

Sorry jz

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 08:52 PM

compared to some, you are genius material!:lol::lol::lol:

soulpatch - 8-13-2005 at 09:17 PM

Personally, I like the travelogues, fishing reports and weather stuff. Show me the pictures of the family trips, the loner trips or, just the plain trippy. Who cares, it's all entertaining.
Also, I nor my wife have ever been contacted by DK concerning anyone on here.
The ego nurturing, by selves or sycophants is amazing to say the least. It's like watching "professional" wrestling. A bunch of loud voices saying "I'm the best". My question would be "Who gives a chit?"

I still like it better than

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 09:25 PM

TV !:lol: And exactly, who gives a chit?

Yawn

jrbaja - 8-13-2005 at 09:39 PM

Doug oughtta be payin me for this chit:lol::lol::lol:

Missed it again

Sharksbaja - 8-13-2005 at 11:28 PM

why do I have to work when I could be engaged in this profound conversation. Thank god for work.:lol:

David K - 8-14-2005 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
We already know the beefs JR has. What confuses me however is the thorny olive branch this REALLY is intended to be....

... I noticed DK has no problem with your idea.......... very strange? Dk, do you trust JR?

I don't think your plan will sail smoothly with you leaning so hard aft.

Sharks, I tend to read what someone says here and not try and read something else into it... Now, I probably think Dan White has issues with jr's hate posts (as do probably 90% of the readers here). How do you take it as anything else but his attempt to get jr and I to be friends (again) and help the people of Baja? Why would I have a problem with this idea? My ego is not so shallow that I have to be the only one involved in any project.

Bob & Susan: Two 'leaders' can work together.... Dan's qualifications makes me envolved, but doesn't deminish jr's role in doing what he already has been for the San Bartolo backcountry.

jrbaja: Man, how come you don't swallow some pride and try and make this opportunity work? I am not being asked to be your boss, just a partner in a project... What is wrong with that? Would the remote village care if the $10,000 dollars came from working with me and Dan White or other Nomads vs. just you?

Everyone: Regardless of Dan White's motives, we could really do something special on the peninsula. I know of several Nomads who would contribute on a village project. By including jr, we have someone who has experience in this sort of thing, has FM-3 status if that is needed, and unifies the Nomads (again).

I do not understand why jr has decided to make me some kind of target for his insults and name calling, but I have been offering to have it end. I am not threatened by what jr does, how many posts he has here, or where he lives and I wish he would stop being threatened by me, so much that he has to keep throwing 'stones' my way.

Dan White is offering up to $5,000 dollars for jr and I to get along... I am saying YES, I will gladly get along (work with) jr and it will do some village in Baja some good.

Here is a photo taken by Doug Means (BajaNomad) of jr and I eating and drinking together, at jr's place (I am sitting on Baja Bernie's van). I have no hostility towards jr, I just would like him to be more 'human' again! Come on jr, what is wrong with that great quote:"Can't we all just get along?"?

Bob H - 8-14-2005 at 01:30 PM

"Can't we all just get along?" :lol::smug::lol: Yeah!

Diver - 8-14-2005 at 02:04 PM

I swear the guy on the left is the one who stole my seester and sold her for a set of bamboo roof racks, some cool shades and some beer !!:lol::lol:

Sharksbaja - 8-14-2005 at 02:25 PM

Hey, get this guy to remove the shades:coolup:

Anonymous - 8-14-2005 at 03:06 PM

Not so fast and not so easy, JR.

Your other thread in the General Discussion section persuaded me. What you said about long term benefits to those involved in your projects makes a great deal of sense. So, if you don't want David K involved, fine. If you want to continue your work with bamboo, fine. You pick someone everyone can respect and in whom they can have confidence. They can be the guardian of the money I am challenging you to raise. They can also be the one to approve what the money is spent on. I will even fly you to San Diego at my expense and we can go to the bank and open a trust account with our signatures on it. Let's name it the "JR's Projects Account. When you deposit funds into the account, I will match them as promised.

Now, this creates some problems for you doesn't JR? Now you have abolutely no reason not to participate - except for one little problem. The only people from whom you can realistically solicit funds live in those dreaded "enclaves" you seem to despise. You will have to clean yourself up, put a smile on your face, be polite and go ask for help. If you do, they will give it, JR. Up for the challenge now?

Why don't you do this, JR? First, select a responsible third party who help control the funds and approve their expenditure. Let's have a vote of the Nomads to decide if your selection is appropriate. Next, go see Bobby Van Woermer at Palmas de Cortez. Go see Lupe Diaz - he's the guy building pangas at the back of Palmas. Go see John Ireland at Rancho Leonero. Tell all these people what you want to do and that you need donations. Also, swallow your pride and ask them how you should go about it. They will help. Also, ask the local business people if you can put donation cans in their facilities. If it is for a good purpose I bet they will let you do so. Finally, go to those "enclaves" and make a pitch to the people who can write the meaningful checks. Tell them what you want to do and ask for their help.

You know, JR, I was really impressed with the fellow who wrote the post in the General Discussion section. He spoke with both passion and compassion. Him I'd like to get to know. With respect to the JR who shows up with posts like the ones in this thread, I intend to expose for the bully and charlatan he is.

So which "you" is it going to be, JR?

You see, JR,

Anonymous - 8-14-2005 at 03:08 PM

My apologies to all. Forgot to sign my name to the last post - Dan White

By the way, JR, do you have a real name and are you willing to use it in the open?

I guess I just can't make up my mind !

jrbaja - 8-14-2005 at 03:49 PM

From Dan White;

"Your other thread in the General Discussion section persuaded me. What you said about long term benefits to those involved in your projects makes a great deal of sense."

"I intend to expose for the bully and charlatan he is."

This is why I haven't asked for help from gringos on here.

I am tired of argueing. Obviously Dan, you know all the "players" in that area. Wonderful. If things get organized up here, I may be bambooing the bridge for Bobby. And when I left, we were also discussing using some of my Titanic Props but this is all beside the point.

If I had wanted gringos from this board involved in my bamboo projects, don't you think I would have said something about it a long time ago?

There is a lot more involved in a project like this than any of you are aware of. Heck, the idea of bamboo itself came as a shock to most of you. Then there are personalities, legalities, land, energy from workers, and a whole bunch of other stuff involved in making something go smoothly in Mexico.

And according to the chat I hear when in Los Barriles, not too many people have figured that out yet when it comes to getting their projects done quickly and properly. This is something I am trying to avoid.

I will deal with people in person regarding projects for the Mexicans. Because, that's the way they do it!

When I feel it is the right time.

Bruce R Leech - 8-14-2005 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Not so fast and not so easy, JR.

Your other thread in the General Discussion section persuaded me. What you said about long term benefits to those involved in your projects makes a great deal of sense. So, if you don't want David K involved, fine. If you want to continue your work with bamboo, fine. You pick someone everyone can respect and in whom they can have confidence. They can be the guardian of the money I am challenging you to raise. They can also be the one to approve what the money is spent on. I will even fly you to San Diego at my expense and we can go to the bank and open a trust account with our signatures on it. Let's name it the "JR's Projects Account. When you deposit funds into the account, I will match them as promised.

Now, this creates some problems for you doesn't JR? Now you have abolutely no reason not to participate - except for one little problem. The only people from whom you can realistically solicit funds live in those dreaded "enclaves" you seem to despise. You will have to clean yourself up, put a smile on your face, be polite and go ask for help. If you do, they will give it, JR. Up for the challenge now?

Why don't you do this, JR? First, select a responsible third party who help control the funds and approve their expenditure. Let's have a vote of the Nomads to decide if your selection is appropriate. Next, go see Bobby Van Woermer at Palmas de Cortez. Go see Lupe Diaz - he's the guy building pangas at the back of Palmas. Go see John Ireland at Rancho Leonero. Tell all these people what you want to do and that you need donations. Also, swallow your pride and ask them how you should go about it. They will help. Also, ask the local business people if you can put donation cans in their facilities. If it is for a good purpose I bet they will let you do so. Finally, go to those "enclaves" and make a pitch to the people who can write the meaningful checks. Tell them what you want to do and ask for their help.

You know, JR, I was really impressed with the fellow who wrote the post in the General Discussion section. He spoke with both passion and compassion. Him I'd like to get to know. With respect to the JR who shows up with posts like the ones in this thread, I intend to expose for the bully and charlatan he is.

So which "you" is it going to be, JR?

You see, JR,

how easy it must be to make this kind of statements you remain anon:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

how could you possibly honer your offer to jrbaja if you are to ashamed to make it under your name:lol::lol::lol:

sign in or go home

Anonymous - 8-14-2005 at 05:26 PM

Anon, Back off on the spellin thing would you,

JR is a nice man I have met him many times he truely loves the People.

I forgot my password oh well

comitan - 8-14-2005 at 06:33 PM

Well I hope you anons can keep track of one another because I sure can't, I'm sure there are others thinking the same thing why not anon 01 02 03 or something like that.

Bruce R Leech - 8-14-2005 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Well I hope you anons can keep track of one another because I sure can't, I'm sure there are others thinking the same thing why not anon 01 02 03 or something like that.

comitan I agree:?:

Bruce-----

Barry A. - 8-14-2005 at 07:43 PM

what is all this talk about "registering" or signing on, or whatever it is??? I NEVER sign on, and I have no problem posting under MY NAME???? What's with these "anon" folks?

I have asked this question before, but nobody has answered me yet.

Barry

bajalou - 8-14-2005 at 07:46 PM

Barry

Some people are signing out and then choosing to post without signing in.

:o

JZ - 8-14-2005 at 07:50 PM

Any time you clear your cache of cookies you must log back in. That's another way to be logged out.

Aaaaaa Haaa!!! Thankyou guys.

Barry A. - 8-14-2005 at 10:57 PM

Now it makes sense.

Anonymous - 8-15-2005 at 06:32 AM

It will never be the "right" time for you, JR. You've now given everyone proof positive that the projects are not for others, but for you. I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for.

A few parting words, JR. Try to be welcoming, inclusive and not exclusive. Try to be positive in your comments - you have a lot to offer when you drop the know-it-all veneer. Let's see some more of those wonderful photos of you, Andy and your other pup whose name I can't recall right now. Tell us more about your adventures and less about your opinions. We all have a lot to learn from you if you will bother to teach.

Back to the shadows for me. Some will be glad and some will not - most won't care at all. However, let me suggest you try to keep old JR on the plus side and this board will be a much happier place.

Good luck and God speed to all.

Bruce R Leech - 8-15-2005 at 06:34 AM

If you post under Anon you are anon . you cant have it both ways.:lol::lol:

David K - 8-15-2005 at 07:45 PM

Bruce... the $5,000 offer posts were from Dan White... he signed the bottom of his posts, so HE is not anonymous, just not registered on Nomad.

Sharksbaja - 8-15-2005 at 07:52 PM

Why?

David K - 8-15-2005 at 08:05 PM

Ask him yourself, I am just seeing that he is not registered/signed in because it shows up as 'Anonymous', but he always signs his name at the bottom, or adds it right below if he forgets... so he really is not anonymous.

Perhaps Doug can add a note when unregistered people use the forums here that don't require registration, to sign a name or handle at the end of their post if they are not trying to be secretive...?

Sharksbaja - 8-15-2005 at 08:19 PM

I understand if there is a registration problem.

Dan? Don't be guilty by association:lol: with other Anons.

Just the fact you don't register may compromise your integrity to some.

Just a thought.

Anonymous - 8-17-2005 at 08:12 AM

I have a comment/question: WHY SO MUCH ANGER against posting anonymously? I am interested in hearing the reasons as to...why so much criticism of an unknown poster? Perhaps those who are against anon postings could produce some answers? It really would be interesting to hear some good responses. It will help my thesis. Thanks.

comitan - 8-17-2005 at 09:46 AM

first anon

Does the post from the second anon tell you something, the person making the post has a very good point then tells Jr to shut up, its about having to answer for your posts, how do we know that 1 & 2 are not the same person, which i'm sure your not. To go on more, there have been anon posts that went way beyond the rules of this forum with personal attacks that were deleted, I think that if doug knew who they where would ban them from this forum. Also if you are not registered and don't have a name it gets very confusing trying to figure out who's who.

Anonymous - 8-24-2005 at 01:24 PM

newipguy

This user had an ip of 67.122.228.250 - adsl-67-122-228-250.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by BajaNomad]

See what happens

jrbaja - 8-24-2005 at 07:06 PM

when you sign up idiots in support of some dumbass cause!:light:

Bruce R Leech - 8-24-2005 at 07:36 PM

This user had an ip of 67.122.228.250 - adsl-67-122-228-250.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net

cool got to check that out