BajaNomad

Inverter Update

MrBillM - 8-12-2005 at 01:37 PM

The Trace X-Power 1500 watt inverter is still available at Costco for $84.79 + Tax. A really good deal.

bajalou - 8-12-2005 at 01:57 PM

Mine is still going 24/7 since Dec. Handles the heat with no problems.

I see Sam's Club has a somewhat similar one for just over $100. Has more outlets on it and a couple other things slightly different - also different brand - don't remember what it was.

:D

capt. mike - 8-12-2005 at 02:26 PM

i have a 1000 w. inverter on my trailer but now am in on perm power. i think i'll take it off to the states and hook it up to my truck for jobsite 110v. . what do i do about how it connects back to the converter panel? just disconnect those runs? something about a turnover switch?
my converter charges my paired 6V trojan batts when powered? or does it just supply the 12 v for those lights etc?

i have a solar panel too and its regulator lights saying its charging too. maybe i can remove and sell that?

bajalou - 8-12-2005 at 02:56 PM

If you're on the grid, you need the converter to supply the 12V for lights etc. The inverter, solar panels, 6V batts are not necessary. As to what wires to disconect ????????

:biggrin:

come by and I will help you

beercan - 8-12-2005 at 03:35 PM

do whatever you need to do.

Or e-mail me .

Al G - 8-12-2005 at 06:59 PM

MrBillM
Is that inverter in store or online?
Albert

bajalou - 8-12-2005 at 07:21 PM

In store - El Centro Costco-

:coolup:

capt. mike - 8-13-2005 at 05:47 AM

anybody want to buy my solar panel, regulator, 6v. batts qty 2 ??they're in the serenidad park . i guess i don't need them anymore.

meme - 8-13-2005 at 09:00 AM

That 1500 Watt Inverter is no longer offered at Costco in Vancouver, Wa. So be aware they may come to an end at Costcos elsewhere also? So best gettem while you can!;)

bajalou - 8-17-2005 at 05:06 PM

They were out in El Centro a while back also, but got them back in. (were there 4 weeks ago anyway)

I was doing some shelf work here today using a B&;D skill type saw just doing the usual, cut a couple 2x6, try fitting them then trim them some more, Same with plywood. the inverter handled that with ease. (and you all thought all I ever did was post on this board. HA)

Capt Mike - a thought - unless the grid power is unfailing, you might want to keep at least the 2 Trojan batteries. They'll light up the trailer if necessary - the converter will keep them charged.

Just a thought.

;)

Although it might be a good idea to pick upa backup while we know they're available. (Oh, but I have a 1750W that I got from Jim for B/U don't I.)

Thats a B & D (Black & Decker) don't know while the smiley is there.
[Edited on 8-18-2005 by bajalou]

[Edited on 8-18-2005 by bajalou]