BajaNomad

Baja Democracy

Bruce R Leech - 8-20-2005 at 06:51 AM

It seems to me theat a lot of Nomads think that this forum is a Democracy and that they should have freedom of speech and protection from editing etc. etc. well guess what if that is your thinking you are wrong. read the Board Rules, your only aloud to post here with the permission of Doug who owns and operates this privet Enterprise. so while we don't agree with everything it is wrong to demand that some things be changed. the more proper way would be to request that Doug listen to your suggestions and give them some consideration. but the final decision is up to Doug and no one else. If you have strong disagreements then you are free to leave and or start your own forum and run it the way you like, but please don't try to trash this forum on your way out the door.

Baja Nomads is the best and much thanks to Doug for that.

rpleger - 8-20-2005 at 07:45 AM

I second that.

bruce....this is old news

eetdrt88 - 8-20-2005 at 09:39 AM

david k posted this exact same info on a different thread,if i can find it i will post it here

here is david k's post

eetdrt88 - 8-20-2005 at 09:44 AM

Thank you Doug... Those who think what they type on YOUR forum must never be touched need a kick in the head. You give this to us for free (I think a monthly subsription would be not out of line, as it is more interesting than TV, magazines, etc.), so do what you want.

This is private property, not a tax payer supported public domain. No freedom of speech need apply here. It has been sorely abused by just a few, and most of the rest just go away. I obviously enjoy Baja Nomad a lot, so I won't be bullied away and seek the continued access to a great place to talk about Baja and make Baja loving friends. I also have no problem sharing my trips with everyone who wants to read them, because it inspires others to explore and enjoy Baja, and that benifits the Mexican people in the best way.

Thanks again Sr. Baja Nomad.

ok,current news..

eetdrt88 - 8-20-2005 at 09:57 AM

just wanted to let him know that someone else had shared the same info recently....my thinking is that anyone who goes on a website created by someone else thinking that they say and do whatever they want will soon find out that it just isnt so...as far as i see it though doug is pretty liberal with what he allows to go on here which overall makes it a more interesting forum:yes:

To all who have posted above

Baja Bernie - 8-20-2005 at 10:35 AM

Well said and so true. I think it is important that all of you know the rules--I didn't until recently--and that it is important that someone other than David K bring these facts up. This just might reduce the paranoia that some have displayed regarding posts being removed or edited.
I have made it a point to talk to Doug about this and eetdrt88 is right on when he says that Doug runs a really liberal ship and he bends over backward to keep his hands off as much as he can.

Define "paranoia"

jrbaja - 8-20-2005 at 10:39 AM

:lol:

JR

Baja Bernie - 8-20-2005 at 10:50 AM

What do you mean by that????:fire::fire::fire::fire:

Bruce R Leech - 8-20-2005 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
:lol:

I would but I'm afraid to:O

Bruce

Baja Bernie - 8-20-2005 at 12:34 PM

Should have numbers under that dude's picture. Is he wandering around Baja?

Sharksbaja - 8-20-2005 at 12:36 PM

That's just your typical Anon Bernie, do they scare you?:biggrin:

Bruce R Leech - 8-20-2005 at 01:00 PM

that is in fact the last known photo of Anon. they cant give them # they are all #1 anon.:?:

Sharks

Baja Bernie - 8-20-2005 at 01:03 PM

Now that I looked closer he reminds me of an out of work hash slinger I met in Baja Sur.:lol:

Anons

jrbaja - 8-20-2005 at 01:07 PM

The thing about anons is that, when a bunch of jerkanons make attacks on here for a period of time, the niceanons are sure to suffer because of words of the jerkanons previously made. Even though the niceanons are probably wonderfulanons, they have to live down the reputation of the jerkanons prior to being accepted as a niceanon. And even then, they are still someanon that is so hard to recognize it's barely worth trying as they look just like the restanons!

vandenberg - 8-20-2005 at 01:35 PM

Hey JR

Is this a play on words or are you too heavy in the giggle juice ??:light::light::P

They do exact a toll though...

Sharksbaja - 8-20-2005 at 01:38 PM

look at this emoticon for example:lol:

comitan - 8-20-2005 at 02:42 PM

SHARKS

lOOKS MORE LIKE A CERTAIN ANON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;:biggrin::biggrin:

bajalou - 8-20-2005 at 04:07 PM

JR - I think you summed it upvery well.

:O