BajaNomad

Jigging for Yellowtail

rpleger - 8-26-2005 at 05:59 PM

Tell me guys...................

What is the best jig and color for jigging for Yellowtail.

Ken Bondy - 8-26-2005 at 06:02 PM

Blue Salas 6X junior.

Richard...how are things in Mulege?

Pompano - 8-26-2005 at 06:07 PM

Tady 45 is probably my favorite...although I have them all and use. Color is not so important...the one with all the color rubbed off will probably catch the most. It's like golf...you can't just use one club.

Pompano - 8-26-2005 at 06:57 PM

I am now 61 and relaxing. I long ago gave up yo-yo-ing for yellows. Too easy now with live bait or just waiting for the boil...then out comes the Tady.

Don Alley - 8-26-2005 at 09:57 PM

Salas 6x junior, any color. Also, megabait jigs, size depending on depth, drift and current, so use the big ones for deep water. For color I like something blue or green near the surface. Fishing deep, I don't worry about color.

pangamadness - 8-27-2005 at 01:04 AM

Glo in the Dark! Try it

rpleger - 8-27-2005 at 08:00 AM

Thanks..... I'm getting ready for the BIG tourament here in Muleg? in November and wanted to get everything togeather.

How are things in Muleg????....HOT

Pompano.... Are you going to be back by November?

Fishermen Wimps?

Skeet/Loreto - 8-27-2005 at 09:47 AM

I am appalled!! are getting to old to Yo-YO for Big ole Yellowtail?
I cannot beleive those words.

O.K. Blue Salas 6/ 8 was always my best along with an Orange "Straggler'.
Any of you Guys ever meet Len Starggler when he came down to sell His Jigs?He had one jig about 10 inches that if you cast into the shallow North of Doctors Point you could drag out a good size Pez Gallo.
I use a small castmaster on 17 lb Test, open face Reel when the Yellows come up early in the spring around Pulpito.

I Can still bring up a 35lb yellowtail on a Penn 500 loaded with 30 lb. maxium.
You guys are drinking to much Beer and getting Weak.

Skeet/Loreto

Bob and Susan - 8-27-2005 at 10:02 AM

..most of the yellowtail we catch is with the greenback lure....at costco:lol::lol:

Mulege Fishing Tournament
http://www.mulegeclassictournaments.com/

bajabum - 8-29-2005 at 07:30 AM

I dont think the color is as important as how you work the jig. Instead of jigging try cranking with a good high speed reel. Crank up 1/3 of the way and let it flutter back to the bottom. Blue and White Salas 6x has always been my favorite even though I still think the color of the lure is more to catch fishermen than fish! Good luck in the tourney...