BajaNomad

What's your Baja boat?

Pompano - 8-27-2005 at 02:59 AM

Boating in Baja is one of the main reasons that first attracted me to Baja . Many other reasons occured after that to make me want to stay. But the water of Baja is magical and most everyone wants to get out there and feel the enchantment in some sort of boat.

Now, I have seen a whole lot of variety in Baja boats over the years and every single one of them have interested me. What's yours and why do you like that boat?

This is not a poll.. or anything like.. 'What is the best Baja boat?' No..just interested in what boat you have and why. Anything that floats...or doesn't sink frequently. Photos would be nice if possible.

Here's one of my old favorites....the venerable panga with free fertilizer donater.

[Edited on 9-29-2005 by Pompano]

capt. mike - 8-27-2005 at 06:49 AM

Pomp, i hope to own a baja boat very soon, then i'll tell you what it is!!

but i hope it is a panga center console w/ 4 stroked engine.

my super panga "Mr Chuck"

mrchuck - 8-27-2005 at 09:49 AM

Here is my Diaz Super Panga equipped with a 130 hp Honda, sonar/color chart, vhf, auto pilot, high pressure washdown system, bait tank, auto bilge, electric windlass.
We all anchor offshore here in front of our residences, or hotels, and all use a shore dinghy to get out to our boats, cruisers, etc.
A great marlin boat!!!

Saludos,,,,mc

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by mrchuck]

Mike Supino - 8-27-2005 at 10:13 AM

Mr Chuck,
What precautions do you take to avoid the disappearance of your boat?

JZ - 8-27-2005 at 10:47 AM

Ours is not really a true Baja boat, but has been converted!

Here is an amigo carrying taco's out to the boat off of the beach in BOLA.

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by JZ]

Skeet/Loreto - 8-27-2005 at 11:13 AM

My Panga 22Ft built by mac Schryor out of La Paz in 1976.
Paid $900
First Motor 55 HP Homelight Reg. Gasoline
Second Motor 55 HP Evinrude Pull Start-used for 13 years
Third and last Motor 75 HP Evinrude

Right Side Console
Next Best and Last Boat

22Ft Wellcraft Fish with a 230 Yannmar Diesel
Went to Las Animas and Back to Loreto

Oh! did we catch some fish and ride some Waves!!!
Skeet/Loreto

Chiquita Bonita

Paulina - 8-27-2005 at 11:27 AM

We have a 22ft. yellow La Paz Paceno (sp?) Panga made in 81. Real simple, no frills, 2001 commercial Evinrude 65 hp tiller steering, pull start. She starts on the first pull everytime. Bought our motor from Eric B. of Gordo Banks Pangas, couldn't be happier. She has the traditional steering console on the right side, like what you'd see in Loreto, but we don't use it. We left it there for our daugter to use as her "Oh Sh*t" handle when the waters get rough.

We trailer her on an EZ Loader which makes it possible to beach launch almost anywhere we go. It's a light boat, easy in and out of the water.

For instance, in Campo La Jolla we back the trailer up to where the trailer tires are barely touching the water, roll her off, row out about 20 ft., start the motor and we're off. In Bahia we launch right in front of our trailers with the help of a couple of 10ft. metal landing strips set in front of the front wheels of our truck, as the beach can be a little soft at times.

With her red Bimini top in place she looks like a Banana Split on the water.

Paulina - 8-27-2005 at 11:32 AM

Maiden voyage in Ensenada.

Skeet/Loreto - 8-27-2005 at 11:41 AM

Paulina: would you mind if I ask "Where did you get this panga?"
Skeet/Loreto

Frank - 8-27-2005 at 12:23 PM

Well here is my East Cape marlin catcher. It fits on the top of my truck just perfect.

Bob and Susan - 8-27-2005 at 02:59 PM

denizens=inhabitants or dwellers

sorry I had to look it up...it's not in my everyday vocabulary:lol::lol:

JZ - 8-27-2005 at 03:14 PM

As my law school prof would say, there's a $50 Baja word :lol::lol:

22' Diaz Panga

LaTijereta - 8-27-2005 at 03:34 PM

This boat gets the job done in Loreto
82' Diaz panga w/ 100hp Yamaha 4-stroke to push it....
About 1ltr per mile on a days run:spingrin::spingrin:

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by LaTijereta]

Skeet/Loreto - 8-27-2005 at 06:54 PM

Pomp:
Is theCabinCruiser one of Bill Benzigers old charter boat out of Loreto????
Skeet

JZ - 8-27-2005 at 06:56 PM

LaTijereta: awesome picture!

Here's a Better One

LaTijereta - 8-27-2005 at 08:17 PM

This is the one that gets me....:biggrin::biggrin:

Frank - 8-27-2005 at 08:51 PM

Ahhh your killing me! Great pics! We had all the heat and none of the Baja in San Diego today.

Phil S - 8-27-2005 at 09:23 PM

No pic's, but my first boat I took down was my 14' Livingston (two hulls) car topper with 25HP Johnson. But was pain in the a-- for unloading & loading. Went like heck & was wonderful on rough water. (two hulls slicing through the water, plus high freeboard) Plus the air tunnel between the boats gave it lift. Two years later, I brought down my 16' Livingston with 90 HP six cylinder "hot rod" engine on a trailer. (love those twin hull designs) Then brother bought a 22' panga with side console & 70 hp Force engine down there, and it was the best of the three boats we used down there. Great rough water boat. If you looking for a boat for sure for down there, I think the panga 22 is the favorite of most gringos, plus mexican fishermen. There are dozens around Loreto I'm sure could be bought for the right price. Alas, brother decides he doesn't want to drive down 1,800 miles one way anymore, and the boat got sold, but I've still got my 14' Livingston but now have a trailer to carry it, and I'm considering bringing it down to Loreto again for this coming winter.

[Edited on 8-28-2005 by Phil S]

14' Aluminum Gregor "tin-boat"--------

Barry A. - 8-27-2005 at 10:30 PM

I am with Kira and Kelly ("The Baja Catch")-----a 14" Gregor welded aluminum (Valco and Western ok too). Rides like a dream on top of my rig, loads and unloads like a dream with an "Eide auto boat loader", can be man-handled in and out of the water by two guys in mins., handles the waves well if you know what you are doing, economical with a 15 hp motor, and generally gets the job done. All my friends had the same outfits, and that went well when 2, or more, went down "south"---- safety in numbers.

In a pinch, I can load and unload, take in and out of the water, and "get it done" all by myself, and I never have to worry about a trailer breaking down.

dang phil

jerry - 8-28-2005 at 12:14 AM

16 foot with a 90hp i little over kill??
my 14 ft starcraft with a 15 johnson will do about 30mph fast enoff for me but then its light. be talkin to ya soon if your ever home?? have a good one

capt. mike - 8-28-2005 at 02:55 AM

LaTijereta - very nice pics, and that clear agua.....get me there.;D

MRChuck - how long is a "super" Diaz? yours looks bigger but it is nice!

[Edited on 8-28-2005 by capt. mike]

mrchuck - 8-28-2005 at 06:40 AM

To: Mike Supino,,, security of anchored boats here in Las Palmas bay has never been a problem. Just too many boats out there with a whole lot of people watching.
Ignition keys hidden, compartments locked, and scoped rifles.
I know of 2 hombres, over these many years here, that were caught thieving, and the life was almost literally beat out of them by boat crews and also the authorities too. Both felt that finally being locked up, saved their lives.
Every year, equipment gets taken off some gringo boat by breaking into it, almost always anchored in the Pemex arroyo area.

Capt Mike. My Dias Super Panga is 23' 6'' long centerline w/o the 2' bow pulpit, as
all Diaz pangas are.
History of panga mfg in Baja:
The whole Lupe Diaz family was transported to La Paz, from Mazatlan, in the mid 70's by Max and Mary Schoyer, who owned and developed and operated the Marina de La Paz.
Max saw the need for a company to fabricate and build cruisers and pangas here in BCS. The Diaz family were legendary. They continued building and repairing all types of fiberglass boats brought in La Paz until 1989. The cruiser construction business was sold to another buyer who continued to build "ARCA" cruisers and pangas till 2001.
Presently, no cruiser construction or pangas being made in La Paz.
The Diaz family with an investor from Loreto, built their own panga factory in La Paz in 1989, out on the Los Planes highway. Their first pangas started rolling out in Jan 1990. No cruiser construction.
This panga construction continued until July 1995 when the plant was closed and sold due to management problems and investor dis-satisfaction.
Lupe moved the works to Los Barriles, behind the Palmas de Cortez Hotel in 1997, and with Hotel investment started repairing all types of fishing cruisers and boats of all types.
In 1998, Lupe introduced his NEW panga design, which has a much more flared bow design and 6 inches wider. Still 23'6" in length. This is the panga of today.
Lupe has also constructed two 29 foot fishing cruisers, which are ready to launch now.
They are beautiful!, and hope they become popular.
The new panga line covers everything from basic commercial models to full blown super pangas, like mine.

Note, any old panga made by the "Diaz family" ,was made with the finest of materials and workmanship, and can be re-furbished to be exactly like it just came out of the factory.
The price of older pangas has held up accordingly, as they are purchased and re-outfitted and put back in the water for further years of safe enjoyment.

Hope this helps,,,,,,Saludos,,,,mc

Pescador - 8-28-2005 at 11:23 AM

I am drooling all over the picture of Mr. Chuck's Super Panga. I spent several days with Lupe Diaz at his factory and even looked at several used boats. The new boats were just out of reach for what I wanted to spend and a couple of the used boats were either tired or had some problems that needed to be addressed with piles of money. So I kept looking for what we wanted as the "perfect" fishing boat for baja. We are ecstatic with our new Quintrex 190 Legend. This is a formed aluminum boat built in Australia that is called the aluminum Boston Whaler. It is one of the few aluminum boats that is built to stay upright in the case of sinking. The hull is almost 1/4" thick and called a millenium design which is the driest boat of anything I have ever ridden on even in the chop and heavy water. There is a heavy entry flare which blows the water away and down on wave entry and then a heavy flared bow has something that resembles a inch or so lapstrake which further diverts the water away. Even on those nasty quartering seas with heavy wind, we did not even have to pull the rods in from the side platforms as they stayed dry. The keel is a solid 1 1/2 inch piece of aluminum which runs the entire length of the boat. This also gives a lot of directional stability on quartering down wave. Unlike the Baja Bayrunner, Klamath, and Gregor boats which have a tendency to slide on a wave and then jerk with a violent direction change when the nose enters the next wave, this boat holds a stable hands off steering even when quartering. It comes standard with hydraulic steering which really makes a day of fishing seem less tiring. The center console has two latches on the side and the instrument panel folds over forward to allow access to wiring and instrumentation. Mine came with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke which gives some real impressive economy of operation. Because the boat is lighter than comparitive glass boats, it is on the step almost immediately and we go from our place in San Lucas Cove to Tortuga (over 25 miles), fish all day (trolling, etc) and still use less than 10 gallons for the day. While the boat came with a smaller livewell, we added a 25 gallon Kodiak bait tank so we can run both tanks if we have mackeral in one and anchovies or sardines in the other.
The beam is 7'2" which makes a really stable platform in heavy seas and we find her a really comfortable boat in the soup.
More info on http://www.quintrexboats.com

capt. mike - 8-28-2005 at 12:28 PM

I'll be in los Barriles on a land scout oct and plan to visit the Diaz works, very excited.

soulpatch - 8-28-2005 at 07:16 PM

Here's my little toy. It gets me and my wife around but we will be upgrading a bit in the next two years. Don't think I'll sell her, though.... such a great boat. I've customized her a bit and she's a nice ride. I've had her in the Pacific in some good wind swell w/my buddy in his identical boat about a 1/4 mile apart and us cruising same speed the 20 miles back up to Punta Banda and his boat handling the air off the top just fine. It seemed "Soul Patch" was doing the same. Nothing like a 6-8' windchop..... Always prepared to hit the beach and camp it out, though, if it's called for, although my friends w/larger boats say I have no business on the ocean w/that tin cup..... haven't had to overnight on a beach yet but I err on the side of caution.

[Edited on 8-29-2005 by soulpatch]

soulpatch - 8-28-2005 at 07:36 PM

Somebody needs to resize a pic so I don't have to scroll back and forth. It's sheer laziness, of course.

Frank - 8-28-2005 at 09:05 PM

Hey soulpatch nice boat. I have a 22' trophy I fish in San Diego and a 14' tin for Baja. I have way more fun in my Tin then I do in my Trophy. I can feel the ocean currents and even the temp breaks through the floor. I just feel more connected, Im sure you know what Im talking about. Ill never sell the tin.

soulpatch - 8-28-2005 at 09:22 PM

He Frank,
we've U2U'd before and I am interested in hooking up w/you. Get it! I could pretend I know what you're talking about but I've only been fishing a few years so I have a lot of learning to do. Anyway, do you surf? I am going to start hitting the point in my boat shortly for some uncrowded waves and maybe bounce a few split tails off the bottom to see what hits.....I have a fair amount of time off during the week. Hell, you could motor out w/me and drop me off to fish while I surfed and we could split the proceeds. Now that would be a laugh! I work out in your neck of the woods but am living here in OB. Of course, I'm old;), 43 Tuesday.

Skipjack Joe - 8-28-2005 at 09:24 PM

That's a fine boat, soulpatch. I have one just like it. The advantages in its versatility far surpass the advantages of the bigger boats. For the norteamericanos who reside in baja I can see the advantage of a larger boat. But for those of us who want to explore the entire peninsula the smaller boats are the way to go. The pros and cons had been discussed previously.

soulpatch - 8-28-2005 at 09:56 PM

Hey there Skipjack, that's some serious ocean to be on up there in HMB. I really don't ever see me getting rid of my small boat, I'm just going to have to get another for when my kids are little older. Now that's a dilemna, 2 boats? :lol:

Bajame - 8-28-2005 at 09:58 PM

Big Deal! I have a Lime Green kayak and runs with no gasoline!:P

small boat versatility

Skipjack Joe - 8-28-2005 at 10:55 PM

Consider this:

1. I fish Davis Lake to trout in my 14' Gregor.

2. I fish the Hunter Liggett bass ponds by launching it through the weeds.

3. I fish the Sacramento River shad runs in May from same boat.

4. I fish nearshore rockfish at Half Moon Bay during the calm months Aug-Nov.

5. I fish baja's pacific coast by launching over the beach.

6. I fish baja's pacific lagoons by launching near the mangroves.

You get the idea. The list is endless. One boat fits all, almost all. Sure, I'd like to haul butt to Tortuga for sailfish like the others. It's a compromise. I fished alaska this summer for the first time in my life. They were renting these same kind of tin boats at Seward to fish salmon in the bay.

I know what you mean about the kids growing up. Mine is 9 now and it's not as roomy as when he was 5. When he gets a bit older the change will be from 14' with 15hp to a 15' with 25hp. That's all.

pangamadness - 8-28-2005 at 10:58 PM

My friends Panga

Don Jorge - 8-29-2005 at 07:45 AM

My Baja boats: 20 'panga, sold it, 20' Seacraft, turtled it while on the can at Leonero and sold it on the spot, 22' Kencraft and now my 26' Blackman. Have a Bertram 28 I just bought and am restoring to leave here for when I leave the Blackman down in Loreto Starting in November. Probably leave the Bertam at the Coral for the summers.

We brought our Blackman back from the Coral last week to fish striped marlin for the next 5 weeks and then lobster season starts!

Skeet/Loreto - 8-29-2005 at 12:18 PM

The first Pangas were designed and Built by "Mac" Shroyur in La Paz in the location where the current "Cota" Store is located, later Mac moved over to a larger Location.
Mac was a High School Teacher in La Jolla. He was ask and later made a Deal with the mexican Govt. to build a boat that would take 2,000 lbs of Fish through the pacific Surf. with a 40 HP Motor thus was Born the Panga
The govt. would and did sell or consign a Boat to any fisherman who would then agree to pay a certain amount of his catch to the Govt. agency/Agent such as Gloria Davis Benzigers Father. He was the Banker, he set up the fisherman,bought their catch, collected 10% of the catch for himself.

I am not sure of the Date of the First Panga but they were built with no stringers in the Bottom.

When I ordered mine, the fisherman around Loreto told me they were having some trouble with bottom cracking,so my Panga was the first with stringers{1976]
when things slowed down for Building Pangas, Mac put his time into the marina.

His story would make a good Book.

Skeet/Loreto

capt. mike - 8-29-2005 at 05:51 PM

Jorge, love those Blackman boats, i went to his small factory in san diego. class business, pay a deposit and get in line.....some day maybe.

Skeet/Loreto - 8-29-2005 at 06:52 PM

Capt. Mike: Why do you not buy yourself a commanche 400 , a Panga , then you could fly Faster and Higher to Mulege to go Fishbg.

P.S. I know where there is a "400' for sale, needss some work. Are you intrested.

Skeet/Loreto

Skeet/Loreto - 8-29-2005 at 06:54 PM

Pomp: I would bet that if someone cracked your skull, little P------y would fly out and smother us ole Farts.!!!
Skeet

aha..the Panga.

Pompano - 8-29-2005 at 08:10 PM

a little beefier...

Pompano - 8-29-2005 at 08:10 PM

soulpatch - 8-29-2005 at 10:16 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don Jorge - 8-30-2005 at 06:10 AM

Capt Mike,

I was at Blackmans last week. 2 boats being built in the shop and one in the mold. They build genuine hand made fish machines. There is a very nice 20 foot Blackman for sell up here with a new gas volvo penta power package, Good trailer, tee top, electronics etc. like a panga but much better built and more beam too! $14,000.

Pangas are great for day trips and good weather but I got too old to take the beating.

Up here, San Quintin to San Clemente, we often run long and spend the night at sea or at a nearby island. Pangas don't have that capacity, at least comfortably.

I leave my boat in the water mostly but for towing in Baja I had a custom built aluminum trailer made with triple 6,000 pound axles and stainless disc brakes, electric over hydraulic controls. It tracks, tows and brakes beautifully. Mag Bay in November for the marlin pile up. Come on by!

Now, I need a nice 182. Next year.

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by Don Jorge]

capt. mike - 8-30-2005 at 01:26 PM

sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capt. mike - 8-30-2005 at 01:34 PM

Skeet - comanche 400......love them but that was B4 gas cost an arm and a leg, they are fast at 220 kts flat out but that fuel burn!! better to get a turbo normalizer for my 250 one day and get into the flight levels, thin air and go fast on my usual 65% fuel burn of 12.3 gph.
i am mentally prepping for $4 a gal avgas or HIGHER soon. It's ok.....just have to cut down on the sauce a little!:o:fire:

No big deal, Pompano.....

Hook - 8-30-2005 at 01:37 PM

...but that's a Skip 24. I know cause I own a 25. Much bigger salon windows on the 25.

Yeah, amazing, a "salon" on a 25 foot boat......

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by Hook]

capt. mike - 8-30-2005 at 03:25 PM

yeah, the guy lives in paradise and all he does is complain and whine.....once i brought him 4 guys to dive charter, spend whatever and he was so b-tchy he talked us out of going - said the conditions weren't the best - hell we didn't care, just wanted to get out on the water - he lost out on a couple of hundred easy on the day and didn't care. So the next day we rented just tanks from him and went over to chivato and shore dove. what a pin head. guess losing that cute gal pal of his tore him up. she was HOTTT!! what was her name....from Switzerland i thought.

4baja - 8-30-2005 at 07:31 PM

thats a sweet boat mike but my next one will be a 21 foot grady white cudy. i love my whaler but as soon as i pay off my cabin in the high sierras this will be my next boat. next year maybe.

Paulina - 8-30-2005 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Paulina: would you mind if I ask "Where did you get this panga?"
Skeet/Loreto

Hi Skeet,
We picked up this panga a number of years back in Long Beach Ca. after finding it advertised in the Western Outdoor News.

P.<*)))><

ric - 8-30-2005 at 10:19 PM

2000 trophy 2302 with 150hp outboard

44 foot Bertram

Bedman - 8-30-2005 at 11:47 PM

.........ohhh....uh, I mean, uh..14' Whatchamacallit... "The Blue Flame" with the 9.9 Tohatsu 4 stroke. 1/2 GPH. Ambient A/C, Side head, Custom Aluminum trailer wheels....uh....well, Wheels!! Launch Ramp?? We don' need no Stinking Launch Ramp!

It's great for inshore stuff. Sometimes I get ballsy and actually go a mile or two off shore. Well, it Looks like a mile or two.

We all know where the Blue Flames come from!!!

[Edited on 8-31-2005 by Bedman]

capt. mike - 8-31-2005 at 04:17 AM

Steve, i like it!
easy is always good
Ric - i luv Trophy boats. is yours the cuddy model?
post a picture.

Diver - 8-31-2005 at 06:31 AM

Here's the old boat.
"82 Aquasport 26' center console.
Newer 300 V8 outboard.
This boat could leave late and get there early !
My best ever for diving or fishing !

Diver - 8-31-2005 at 06:34 AM

Here's the new boat.
"92 Lund 14' with 15 Hp Merc.
Great for crabbing in the bay or hiding from the wife !:lol:

[Edited on 8-31-2005 by Diver]

David A. - 8-31-2005 at 06:39 AM

23 ft Bayrunner Baja, 130 Honda:yes::yes::yes:

Diver - 9-1-2005 at 07:24 AM

Aluminum boats ?
This one will go a lot of places !!
Maybe to Baja this winter ???

(I don't get it; my file size is less than 50Kb but they still won't go ?)

[Edited on 9-1-2005 by Diver]

[Edited on 9-1-2005 by Diver]

Around Gonzaga Bay Area 1959

Juan del Rio - 9-1-2005 at 05:26 PM

My friend from San Juanico, Jaime Adkins, sent me this photo of his Dad and Uncle on their way to Gonzaga Bay in 1959 with their trusty boat behind!

...with photo

Juan del Rio - 9-1-2005 at 05:28 PM

comitan - 9-1-2005 at 06:15 PM

I won't discuss all the Baja boats Iv'e had tooo many, but now I have a 14ft McKee craft its a trihull similar to the whaler, It has a 40hp Merc. 4stroke it uses about 1 gal per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!, It has pedastol seats, small side console wVHF,sterio,batt. Trailer is tilt so can launch anywhere love it Would post picture but can't get it to work. Hopefully I'll have a fish report tomorrow for La Paz.

Al G - 9-1-2005 at 11:30 PM

MORE MORE MORE!!!:spingrin:

A-OK - 9-3-2005 at 01:14 PM

I had a great little Trophy for Baja that I sold a while ago but i still have a killer 13' Western welded aluminium on a baja built galvanized trailer. It is set up with bilge pump, bait tank/cooler, nav lights, comfy swivel seats, and I am getting an 06' 15hp Yamaha for it soon to replace the 2 smoke.

We also have a Hobie Mirrage tandem kayak that flies through the water under foot power( allows for hands free trolling and casting while moving)

[Edited on 9-3-2005 by A-OK]tried to attach pics but they don't show up?.... I'll do a few tests

[Edited on 9-3-2005 by A-OK]

A-OK - 9-3-2005 at 01:26 PM

It was a cuddy and the p.o.s. Force was gutted and bored and Wiseco pistons made it haul arse!

A-OK - 9-3-2005 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I took a lot of bee-essing on that old 90hp Force of mine...but she never failed me either. Hundreds of hours at sea.

Mine had a few hundred as well before she sucked up an ice bag and then a piston ring after it over heated. I know, I know..... turn down the stereo so you can hear the alarms. That was a bad day being on the back side of San Clemente Island and the newbies forgot to stock the coller with beer.
Long day, I tell ya.

Getting back on track....... that Trophy spent more time in Mexican waters and I never had any problems with it down south. Up here, it threw fits...... kinda like the captain.:light:

Mike Supino - 9-5-2005 at 08:00 PM

Ok, Ok my boat "DWF" = Dances with Fish

comitan - 9-5-2005 at 08:06 PM

Mike

It looks like Pompano on the transom.

comitan - 9-6-2005 at 06:14 AM

Pompano

Not you the NAME!!!!!

Diver - 9-6-2005 at 06:32 AM

That looks like my cousin "Billy Joe Bob Elvin" !!

I hear he has plans to go solar and cruise that thing
around the world !!:lol::lol:

Can you tell he's from Alabama ?:lol:

The panga 1979

pangamadness - 9-14-2005 at 09:40 PM

McKee Craft

comitan - 9-15-2005 at 09:24 AM

Hopefully a picture of our boat.

my boat

mulege marv - 9-16-2005 at 05:48 AM

fuel costs are keeping this boat allot dryer.

Another Baja Boat

Big Al - 9-16-2005 at 11:29 AM

Here is another one for you.

oops. Does anyone know how to reduce the size of a photo so I can post it?

[Edited on 9-16-2005 by Big Al]

capt. mike - 9-16-2005 at 09:20 PM

marv - we love your boat!! see you in oct.

later, mlg and jlg

Bob and Susan - 9-19-2005 at 06:07 AM

..yea..but he can "releive" his pain on a morning run....:lol::lol:

these small boats can't....

I guess I'm just getting OLD!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Bob and Susan - 9-19-2005 at 10:26 AM

We're bringing the boat to it's new home in Oct...:bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 9-19-2005 by Bob and Susan]

Bob and Susan - 9-19-2005 at 04:03 PM

...the bar WILL be open:lol::lol:

capt. mike - 9-20-2005 at 12:48 PM

Bob, very nice. are you going to able to launch that in front at your playa privato?
looking forward to a great season, i'll have dinero to pitch in on gas.

Bob and Susan - 9-20-2005 at 01:11 PM

heck YEA!!!

Puttin it in is easy...gettin it out is the trick:lol::lol:

The dodge will do it...no problem
:light:

Boat retrieval

Don Jorge - 9-20-2005 at 02:06 PM

Through the years and tears I have seem some hilarious boat retrievals in the afternoons along the East Cape with many a nice pickup truck eating it big time and a boat or two also.. . one of them mine, but that's a different thread.

I do not know where I am going to end up, in the tropics somewhere part time no doubt, but this baby is going to be my boat retrieval unit someday! Give me a week or two in the shop and it is ready! 1962 Super C shop built spray rig and someday shop built boat retriever!

[Edited on 9-20-2005 by Don Jorge]

Bob and Susan - 9-20-2005 at 06:35 PM

Magatini is Susans Favorite

Peach flavored vodka
Tropical pineapple
Island Blue Pucker
Pineapple juice
Sweet n Sour
Plain Soda

Measure by looks
It's mostly Peach vodka, splash of Tropical pineapple, sweet n sour,
pineapple juice & soda, add blue pucker to color, if it's too strong add
more pineapple juice, if it's too sweet ease off of the sweet & sour.

She usually make a BIG batch and refrigerate.

Enjoy! Hic! boat!!!

boats gotta love em

mike odell - 9-20-2005 at 09:51 PM

Ok, I'll jump in tOO!!!
Don Jorge, i think I know your boat that sunk in east cape!
Did Charlie Codds family member buy it??
If so it is back a float, and doing well!!
Anyhoo, Good luck with the new one!!
I wish I knew how to post pictures of my Mistress!
Cabo 35, A/c , tourny rigged, fast , Bueutiful beyond words!!
I am getting old, and I do enjoy being confortable!!
But I am Marina bound!!
I have reallly enjoyed all the pics, from you guys!!
Great stuFF!!

MIKE

Don Jorge - 9-21-2005 at 04:24 AM

HI MIke,

Your Cabo 35 is a fishing boat, we mostly have skiffs! So your taking it off the can and taking it to La Paz or where?

Yep, that was my Seacraft which turtled at Leonero on the mooring one afternoon. Dennis , Chalies brother in law, bought and I see him once a year or so and hear it is doing well. Gary and I still get a good chuckle from that incident when we see each other at the shows.

I love my Blackman and am taking it to Tripui to live for a few years while I still work up here and figure out where I want to retire. Looks like Costa Rica for me as I have some property and friends already there. Just launching boats is a trick there but with CAFTA should be able to import some of my tractors and trucks without the arm and a leg duty and figure something out.

I'll look you up in November when I meander that way, I think I know where to find you!

Regards!

You build great houses and I wish you continued success. Must have killed all of you to only see on weighed in marlin during the Bisbee, and a local caught it at that!

Bob and Susan - 9-21-2005 at 09:37 AM

put the trailer and truck on the ferry to Santa Rosalia then you won't have to worry about the GAS!!! or TIRES!!!

Don Jorge - 9-21-2005 at 05:25 PM

Pompano, the Cape Horn sold. Look at Kencrafts, I had a 21 with a 200hp Honda 4 stroke and it was 45mph fishing machine! I miss that boat!

Don Jorge, Park that sprayer at the Serenidad ramp

Hook - 10-4-2005 at 03:16 PM

It can double as a boat retriever OR as a tower at the airstrip!

Damn, that Cape Horn really was a good deal.

capt. mike - 10-5-2005 at 06:10 AM

construction on the mulege tower may start this spring. seriously.....i'm not kidding.

Dave - 10-6-2005 at 01:40 PM

Mine's a Schock 22 (1961 vintage).

I know, I know, not a fishing boat but the only thing I want to catch are the porpoise in my bow wake.