BajaNomad

Street legal Quads???

Al G - 9-8-2005 at 01:56 PM

I have been to 2 dealers and ask what Quads could get a license in CA.
They told me it's not possible. Is it possible to license one in Mexico for street use??? Where can you ride without?
Albert

Mike Supino - 9-8-2005 at 02:04 PM

Numerous reasons why they can't be licensed in California.

As for Mexico I don't believe that a license is required to drive an ATV or a buggy on the streets.

Other may know better.

Mexican HP

Al G - 9-8-2005 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Supino
Numerous reasons why they can't be licensed in California.

As for Mexico I don't believe that a license is required to drive an ATV or a buggy on the streets.

Other may know better.

pulled me over in Todo Santos and said not to ride on highway 19. I ask about in town and he said what I do in town was not for him to say. Well I think that is what he said. everyone there rides in town and a few push the limit on 19 and I am sure the warnings will run out soon.
Al

rpleger - 9-9-2005 at 08:10 AM

Stay off the interstate.

No highway

Al G - 9-9-2005 at 08:42 AM

I would never use a quad on 1 or 19, except in a medical emergency.:no::no:
I would still like to find out if I could get a Mexican plate so to ride the streets without hassle even if there should be none.
Al

[Edited on 9-9-2005 by Al G]

street legal ?

mulege marv - 9-9-2005 at 10:09 AM

i dont think there is such a thing in baja. i dont know about the big cities, but in the smaller towns its the main mode of transportation , at least by the gringos. but come to think of it i have seen them on the street in ensenada.

Thanks Marv

Al G - 9-9-2005 at 10:18 AM

Did you mean you saw quads with Mex plates or quads in the the Large city of Ensenada?

mulege marv - 9-9-2005 at 10:23 AM

just quads in town. dont know about plates, im in Mulege, half the cars here dont have plates !

neilmac - 9-9-2005 at 03:59 PM

Years ago I saw a 3-wheel ATC with a license plate on the street in Riverside - It was a Yamaha, I think; shaft drive. Not sure if the plate was Calif. or out of state.

Neil

Don't quads have lights and signals?

Al G - 9-9-2005 at 05:38 PM

If they do they have everything my yamaha scooter has.
I don't see a reason why they could not be licenced. Maybe restrict them to non interstate use.
I am sure there are a lot of Nomads that might not want this, but I can see in 1-2 years it will be like CA and you have to pull 200 mile to use it. That is why I have a scooter for my motorhome now. If we start now maybe Mexico will take our fee and leave us alone.:light:
What do you think:?::?::?:
Albert

bajablue - 9-9-2005 at 07:58 PM

been driving around baja on quads for 10 years and know one has ever said anything to me..

I hope

Al G - 9-9-2005 at 08:40 PM

These questions don't stir things up:no:
I have only been to Baja 3 times for a total of 4 months.
I do not have the experience to have a real opinion so I'll wait for a better time.:?:
Al G