BajaNomad

bola report

fishinrich - 9-17-2005 at 04:22 PM

Sit back this will be a long post with all the fish, boats adrift and mia gringo's. First the important part the fishing---Water temp 80 with off color greenish blue. In the morning the west wind blows for about two hours then calm and nice all day. Yesterday I caught two yellows about 5lb each, one sierra same weight an 11lb skipjck and all the barracuda I cared for. Rueben daggett sent out three pangas and there are 3 good size gringo boats also launching and fishing farther than I can go. No dorado or yellows, as a matter of fact mostely bottom fish. Today lots of the toothy bonita with the white meat that are real good to eat, all in the 5 to 8lb class, again no dodo's or yellows for any of the boats. Lots of live bait to be had right out in front of camp just nothing around to eat it. OK the boat adrift---The gringos camping next to me for some reason decided to moor there boats out in front of camp. Last night the west wind blew and this morning there was one less boat out in front. They did jump in the other boat and thankfully found it a few hours later. Now to the mia gringo---There is a couple camped 2km north of daggett's and the woman is playing in a zodiak with no motor out in front of there camp, the west wind comes up and starts to blow her out ot sea, the man jumps in the water and attempts to swim to her rescue---this morning she was found in the zodiak out in the channel and he is mia, that is all I know about that. Tomorrow I am breaking out the 6lb test and hit the bonita and skipjack, sounds like a fun time to me. I will report again in a few days. fishin rich

Santiago - 9-17-2005 at 05:22 PM

What is "mia"?

Skipjack Joe - 9-17-2005 at 05:25 PM

missing in action?

vandenberg - 9-17-2005 at 05:26 PM

MISSING IN ACTION ????:light::light::light:

backninedan - 9-17-2005 at 05:42 PM

Momma Mia!!

tunaeater - 9-17-2005 at 08:21 PM

Thanks Rich,
Keep them coming.

Thanks Rich...

Mike Humfreville - 9-17-2005 at 11:49 PM

We'll be on Bahia de Los Angeles from late Sept to end of Oct. If your still in Baja by then and in the area, stop by.

Mike

4baja - 9-20-2005 at 06:51 AM

thanks rich, looks like will have to burn some fuel to get the fish we want. leaveing friday night. call us on 68.:bounce::coolup: