BajaNomad

bola is alive------

fishinrich - 9-22-2005 at 12:25 PM

If there were any more sea life around you could not operate a boat out on the water. The weather is perfect. The last three days flat calm allmost all day. Tuesday I ventured out into the channel chasing diving birds and had a blast catching 12lb skipjack on 12lb test. If I trolled around the islands the barracuda and sierra kept me busy. Wednesday I was again out in the channel but no skipjack to be found but it did not matter due to all the sea life around. Porpoise as far as the eye could see, fin back whales cruising through the area, mantas jumping out of the water and even a shark cruising around the boat for a while. Down at punta alacran there were two whale sharks but the visibility is so poor swimming with them would have been fruitless. The town is devoid of gringos and if I see a boat or two out on the water that is it all day. Not a cloud in the sky today so a nice long siesta in the hammock in the shade will be the order of business this afternoon. fishin rich

Sharksbaja - 9-22-2005 at 12:40 PM

Damn sealife! (sniff,sniff) I believe la parabla correto es "celoso".:rolleyes:

David K - 9-22-2005 at 04:55 PM

Sounds like the Baja I remember as a kid! Thanks for the report Rich... Everything evolves in cycles...

If you see Doc, tell him hi for me... Elizabeth and I are looking forward to returning... She was only there for a day and a half over New Year's, but that place left an impression on her for the beauty of Baja and the Sea of Cortez... Plus the nice people and great fish tacos!

http://vivabaja.com/105

Here's Baja Angel with a baby turtle at L.A. Bay's research facility...

[Edited on 9-22-2005 by David K]

bajajudy - 9-22-2005 at 05:58 PM

Great news, Rich
Glad that you are having a great time.
Not much fishing going on around here the last few days...too rough.
And lord has it been hot.
Keep us posted on your catch and/or sightings.

4baja - 9-22-2005 at 07:26 PM

were packing rich, see you there.:coolup::bounce:

capt. mike - 9-23-2005 at 04:11 AM

hey....whatever happened to "Beach Bob" next to BOLA?
loved his smoked tuna.

PacO - 9-23-2005 at 07:42 AM

BB is still there and, as always, a perfect gentleman.:rolleyes: Always good for a beer and some interesting conversation.

Beach Bob New Years 2002

David K - 9-23-2005 at 08:13 AM

A favorite photo taken by Bedman at Camp Gecko... Bob is telling Father Time what to do!!!

capt. mike - 9-23-2005 at 11:18 AM

he used to be active on internet, what happened, no computer??

David K - 9-23-2005 at 04:55 PM

No computer