BajaNomad

Baja Lures

comitan - 10-12-2005 at 07:59 PM

Ok don't be shy tell us your favorite Baja Lure and what fish it catches.

Lets do away with all these fishing secrets,

No. 1 Brown & white Zuckor for Dorado, Sierra( to a fish it looks like a squid)

No. 2 Rapala Mackeral color seep diver. For everything

[Edited on 10-13-2005 by comitan]

Bajaboy - 10-12-2005 at 08:18 PM

As most of my fishing is done from shore or kayak, a silver/blue krocodile. Hands down, my most consistent lure.

Zac

bajajudy - 10-12-2005 at 08:48 PM

I have always used yellow and bright blue feathers for dorado. They must like to eat their young

Don Alley - 10-12-2005 at 08:52 PM

For casting, inshore, a green or blue Megabait "live jig" has replaced the Krocodile as my favorite. I've caught too many diffrent kinds of fish to list with them.

Trolling inshore, a Yozuri Crystal Minnow deep diver. Mirrolures are cool too, and Rebel Fastracs despite their weak hooks.

Gene Kira's advice still holds true for me...

vgabndo - 10-12-2005 at 09:40 PM

For inshore use I've worn out a lot of Orange Over Gold jointed Rebel FasTracks. Unfortunately that was before the majority of those fish died in nets. :(

4baja - 10-13-2005 at 06:20 AM

surface and deep iron(love the strike) cd 18 rapalas in macks and sardine colors. on the pacific its got to be crocs in chrome with green strip, and scampi tails in green and rootbeer. :bounce::coolup:

OFFCOURSE2 - 10-13-2005 at 06:21 AM

inshore =silver mirrorlure offshore gimme that old cedar plug

Marinero - 10-13-2005 at 12:50 PM

For Dorado, I use anything bright, reddish and sparkling. Vary the size 'til you find what the rascals are eating.

Bill

I'm with vagabundo and Gene Kira----

Barry A. - 10-13-2005 at 01:36 PM

jointed "rebel" fastrac with black and blue, black and gold, and boy have they produced over the years----sierra, yellowtails, and everything else. Both trolling, and casting.

comitan - 10-13-2005 at 02:29 PM

Pompano

In the past I always used hot pink, and had good luck with the gold colored rapala. If I had to chose one lure to catch fish to eat chrome crocadile.

Pomp-----

Barry A. - 10-13-2005 at 07:00 PM

I choose the "gold (brass) crocadile".

Capt. George - 10-14-2005 at 07:59 AM

If I had too fish one lure the rest of my life. It would remain the bucktail, salt/fresh catches all cratures.

included in all rescue packets.....Caught everything from pickeral to tuna on bucktails....

not always the most productive....but certainly the most consistant.....

Oh Damn now yer talking

Al G - 10-14-2005 at 08:04 AM

Most of you know I don't know much and you just gave me a gold mine! I'm printing this page and headed for the tackle store. I take it only live bait for Tuna?
Keep them coming, I know when I'm in a candy store!:spingrin:
Al

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by Al G]

Al G - 10-14-2005 at 08:11 AM

Anyone got pictures??:saint:

dumb question! who would think to take a picture of a lure?
:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by Al G]

I have always used "feathers" for tuna-----

Barry A. - 10-14-2005 at 11:48 AM

red and white feathers, blue and white feathers, green and white feathers, and they have all caught many yellow fin, yellow tail, and dorado. But I have not done that for years.

comitan - 10-14-2005 at 12:26 PM

Pompano

Have you had a problem with the triggers eating all the plastics.

Al G - 10-14-2005 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Hell yes, I am tired of feeding those guys...nowadays I just use the feather jigs. The big trigger teeth simply can't snip off the small diameter feathers and they slide right on through. I like the 2 oz. or 2 1/2 oz. for casing and jigging for these tasty taco fillers. I know a spot where the triggers .......shhhhhh

OK How many Pacificos:?::lol::lol:

comitan - 10-14-2005 at 06:19 PM

Pompano

I hope this helps with your drinking habits. I read an article about formaldihyde in whiskey and the one that had the most was Jack Daniels. All of the Canadien whiskeys Are limited to 200 parts per mil by the Government much less than the US whiskeys which are not controled.

Da Man,Da Man,Da Man

Al G - 10-14-2005 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Al G.. Legally I cannot be held responsible for your spending tons of money at the tackle shop, but just to be on the safe side, promise that you will never tell your wife you saw this photo.

I knew you would be Da man:bounce:
Da candy store has been sweetened!
I have seen da light. (Pictures)
I won't tell the wife, just the broker.:lol:
I have to ask what sort of fish go for eye glasses?:no::no::lol:

Al G - 10-14-2005 at 06:25 PM

Few recipes are complete without JD. I do know where they stash the stuff. one bottle coming. Maybe two !

comitan - 10-14-2005 at 06:41 PM

The whole world knows now that Pomano can be bought with a bottle of JD just to put in his liquor cabinet for display. Got Milk !!!!