BajaNomad

Stripteaser

RJD - 10-19-2005 at 06:06 AM

Have been reading about this (artificial baitball). Anyone with any experience??

RJD - 10-25-2005 at 12:08 PM

Got it in the mail yesterday. Should be fun to try, have 4 days with Jaunita's in 10 days. Will let you know how it goes.

As always, the best lures catch more fisherman than fish

woody with a view - 10-25-2005 at 04:05 PM

look like a good setup. let us know how it works and if you like it.

Capt. George - 10-25-2005 at 06:27 PM

Want Dorado?

Get your hands on some 7" Billy Baits...made in Florida

kick butt, dorado, yellowtail hot ticket..

multi colored trolling bait....have other stuff very similar, "not nearly as good".......have no connection with company...

Capt. george

Skeet/Loreto - 10-25-2005 at 06:47 PM

Cannot understand why you Girls have to have all those Fancy Lures to catch Cabrilla, Yellowtail, Dorado etc. Just a Piece of Squid, or a Salas 8 oz and I caught all the Fish I ever needed plus some for the local folks!!

George I think the fishing Stores have discovered a good Customer. Special Lures!!!! You got to be kidding!

Skeet

Capt. George - 10-27-2005 at 06:19 AM

Skeet, join the 21st Century....No loner the 70's in Loreto or elsewhere.

In the 50's I caught 2 striped bass at a time on one plug, regularly. ot today, even with a piece of squid....

And no, "I ain't kidding". Great Lure.

And, by the way, I've changed the color of my tutu, it's now a hot pink...
Yeah, I'm quite the lady!

Always a pleasure hearing your "long ago" wit. Capt George

bajaden - 10-27-2005 at 11:52 AM

While were on the subject, what is everyone's favorite lure for Dorado, adn can anyone tell me what a hoochie is. Probably misspelled.

jerry - 10-27-2005 at 12:20 PM

hootchy are simular to the pics but the ones used for salmon at made of all plastic all the colors of the rainbow several different sizes my bro used a teaser in cabo said it was made of a heavey line with 20 foot of hoochys on it like a daisy chain said it worked great to draw up the bait fish kinda made his own bait ball drug it behind the boat 20 foot or so have a good one jerry

that was a daisy chain jerry

Pompano - 10-27-2005 at 12:37 PM

these are similar and work good too jerry try them sometime for dorado and sierra macks

bajaden - 10-27-2005 at 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I actually have some of those in my box. Looks like that last pic shows them doubled up.

jerry - 10-27-2005 at 02:53 PM

pompano you get those at windy bay?? how was your salmon fishing??
have a good one jerry

Pompano - 10-27-2005 at 03:13 PM

No Jerry...I got some at Squid Co in SD. You can get the best deals on these from Cabela's or Squid-Co, SD near Midway and Barnett. Hook, Line, and Sinker or Fishermen's Landing in Shelter Island are other good places when passing through town to Baja. Salmon fishing was so-so early on at Windy, but went north for other types. After I had left, I heard about a lot of seal problems offshore and in the estuary.

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by Pompano]

Capt. George - 10-29-2005 at 08:47 AM

kick ass striped bass lure in the north east............

called (up there) hootchy-troll

Good in the NW, too, Capt. George...

Pompano - 10-29-2005 at 09:23 AM

Very popular for many years on kings, cohos (silvers), and others. This photo shows a coho caught on a typical hootchie-rig from the San Juans off Sekiu, Wash. Lots of Baja fisherman strike hits from dorado and other surface feeders on these producers.

turtleandtoad - 10-29-2005 at 04:04 PM

As a commercial salmon fisher (troller) out Neah Bay, WA. I used to have hundreds of hoochies of just about every color or combination of colors on board my boat. You never knew what colors would be hot on a given day, so I bought by the case.

We combined the hootchie with a flasher and a shock cord and clipped them on our wires. Anywhere from 15 to 25 setups on each wire and four wires, two off each side.

On a good day we'd have a salmon on every hook, on a bad day we'd have a dog shark on every hook or a whole wire of salmon heads. No bodies, just salmon heads.