BajaNomad

San Ignacio La Pinta or...

DavidT - 10-27-2005 at 08:52 PM

An old friend of mine used to sing a little song. He named it "I'm goin' to Baja". And next week I get to add a second line, "I'm IN Baja". I might have to call him just to rub it in a little. Anyway, we are going to overnight in San Ignacio. I can reserve a La Pinta room online but somehow that just doesn't feel right. Will have camping gear but I don't want to break it out for an overnighter. Any suggestions?
Thanks

David K - 10-27-2005 at 08:59 PM

1) Ricardo's (Rice and Beans): Turn off Mex. 1 on the paved entrance road for San Ignacio then turn right, right away on another paved road that heads back west parallel to Hwy. 1.

Good inexpensive rooms with remote TV and remote AC, and Ricardo has a great restaurant and bar there...

2) Ignacio Springs Bed & Breakfast http://www.ignaciosprings.com Sleep in a deluxe appointed Mongolian yurt! (a fancy tent) On the shore of the San Ignacio river... I personally have not been there, but it gets great reviews!

3) Casa Fischer above/south of the town plaza... Stayed here on my honeymoon in '85. Baja fever cured here... simple, comfy...

La Pinta

John M - 10-27-2005 at 09:17 PM

San Ignacio La Pinta was quite a dandy place when we were there, but that was 5+ years ago. Restaurant was very nice also. John M.

Bajagato - 10-27-2005 at 09:22 PM

Ignacio Springs bed and breakfast is really great. Chris and I spent a night there on our honeymoon, and after days out camping primitively and semi-primitively, the shower in that yurt was so welcoming! The yurts are really nice and they have a really wonderful breakfast cooking when you awake. the people that own it are very friendly! We liked it a lot and I would definitely recommend it. You can take a kayak ride up the river too, that was a lot of fun!! Write a report after you go! Have fun!

woody with a view - 10-28-2005 at 01:28 PM

ignacio springs. $20 a head including the best breakfast in baja, use of the kayaks on the river, etc...

capt. mike - 10-28-2005 at 03:37 PM

hey John M - how'd you get Neal Johns into your avatar??:lol::lol::lol::lol: