BajaNomad

Grand Slam

Pescador - 10-28-2005 at 10:48 AM

Fishing has been nothing short of unbelievable this year at San Marcos Island and San Lucas Cove. In a normal year we may get a stray Striped Marlin and some Sailfish, but this year they were here in force. Three days ago we really got into them and managed to release 7 fish total. 6 Marlin and 1 sail, as well as some really nice sized Dorado. The really cool part was that I managed to get a Grand Slam of billfish in one day, 1 Blue Marlin, 1 Striped Marlin, and a Sailfish. What was really amazing was that the two Marlin came easier than the Sailfish. I didn't get the sailfish until around 2:00 in the afternoon.
Almost everyone out there managed quite a few fish and there were a lot of fish hooked that never made it to the boat. The radio was full all day of excited exclamations of I have a double, I have a triple and various other loud screams of joy.
Thank goodness the big schools seem to have moved on but then maybe tomorrow we will get some more. As long as my body holds together. :rolleyes:

AcuDoc - 10-28-2005 at 02:51 PM

Jim
PJ and I can't wait to get down. We'll be there on the 5th and start fishing on the 6th. Congrats on the Grand Slam!!! You and Marika are setting the standard this year....same as the past huh.