BajaNomad

Reset clocks

TMW - 10-30-2005 at 06:59 AM

Fall back 1 hour on the clocks and change your smoke alarm batteries. This goes for both sides of the border.

Watches? We don't need no steeking watches!

Dave - 10-30-2005 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Fall back 1 hour on the clocks and change your smoke alarm batteries. This goes for both sides of the border.

There will be lots of Mexicans who won't be late for work today. Of course, most won't have any clue as to why. :biggrin:

Bob and Susan - 10-30-2005 at 07:42 AM

Mexicans..HA!!!

..tomorrow I'll have AT LEAST 3 people that will be an hour early here in the "good ole USA":lol::lol:

Happens EVERY year!!!

Oso - 10-30-2005 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW

No.

Dave - 10-30-2005 at 10:37 AM

Sure enough, my employees came in close to on time. Joanne almost ruined it but I managed to catch her before she told. If I'm lucky, they won't figure out the time has changed for a couple of weeks. :biggrin:

Ja, Mein Herr

MrBillM - 10-30-2005 at 10:45 AM

That does sound like an order, doesn't it.

Most of my clocks are set to Zulu time, but I did change the ones that aren't. Hard to believe that it is so difficult for so many to comprehend, but maybe that explains our political process. There are a lot of dumb people out there.

Back in the late 70s, I worked the a.m shift at The GTE Indio Central Office on this weekend. Sunday mornings were fairly quiet, even in a Mechanical Step-Switching Office, but around 8 a.m. , the place suddenly became alive with a cacophony of switch noises, rising to a previously unheard level. I chased across the office looking for the Equpment Bay the noise was coming from. It turned out to be the bay that routes to the Time of Day machine.

Oso - 10-30-2005 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
This goes for both sides of the border.

Wrong. On the Arizona side we have no truck with such foolishness. (except for the Din? Rez.)

Bajame - 10-30-2005 at 11:13 AM

Thanks I forgot!:o

bajalou - 10-30-2005 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Wrong. On the Arizona side we have no truck with such foolishness. (except for the Din? Rez.)

I read that Indiana is joining the other 48 this year or next.

It's good tha AZ doesn't as the TV programs in the Imperial Valley come on a hour earlier now. (Shows who the cable company thinks is more important, doesn't it)

:biggrin:

bajajudy - 10-30-2005 at 01:07 PM

I had forgotten the Arizona difference too.

Many years ago we missed half of an A's spring training game
in Scottsdale because we didnt have this information.

Oso - 10-30-2005 at 01:08 PM

On the other hand, I can now wake up on Sundays in time to watch Sunday Morning on CBS. This summer I usually only caught the last 1/2 hr. Sadly though, I'll probably fall asleep before South Park comes on.