BajaNomad

Punta chivato report

fishinrich - 11-10-2005 at 11:20 AM

The water is still beautiful here with the temp just below 80. Inshore the vis is clean green 30' to 50' and offshore it is blue and over 50'. Tuesday I was actually out rod and reel fishing and ran into 4 different striped marlin. Two of them were so lazy I could have slid into the water and shot them with my blue water gun. It would have been fun but then I had no reason to kill something that big. There are plenty of dog tooth snappers, leopard grouper and perico to keep the camp in fish. The yellowtail and sierra are small at 5lbs so I just let them swim on by. The seals at isla santa inez are very friendly, even the large males let you swim right up to them. Sure is nice to sit around in the evening with just shorts and t-shirt and let the sand slip between my toes. The weather is starting to cool just a bit but not enough to break out the sweat shirt yet. Peace, out---fishin rich

Slowmad - 11-10-2005 at 11:53 AM

Some would call that living.
Rich indeed. :yes:

baja Steve - 11-10-2005 at 04:58 PM

Does anyone know if Beth is still around Punta Chivato. if so would you u2u me or how do I find her. the email doen't work that I have

capt. mike - 11-11-2005 at 03:22 AM

hey Rich - did you see me last week on fri mid day buzz the chivato camping beach point at about 100 ft AGL?

maybe you were out fishing.

we'll be mulege thxgiving week, back. will you be there chivato still??
if so i'll hop over some morning for camp coffee.

gonetobaja - 11-11-2005 at 01:06 PM

Rich, yer killin me!!!!!!

Man, we got to get together and hit the Enchanted Islands when you get a chance.

Call me up next time your in town.

GTB

Bob and Susan - 11-11-2005 at 01:27 PM

goneto baja

he needs to watch your video first....

I don't think ANYONE in their right mind would go with you NOW!!!

They would get EATEN!!! Some of those monsters are LOOKIN for you!!

Joelt - 11-11-2005 at 02:08 PM

Hey Capt Mike. I saw you fly by last week. I was sitting on my deck at the south end of Shell Beach having a cold beer. I was wondering if that was you, so I waved but I guess you didn't see me. We also went out fishing and caught sail fish, marlin, dorado and skip jack. We were looking for the yellow fin tuna but missed them by about 10 minutes. A friend hooked on a couple of tuna a couple of days latter. What a feast. Have a great trip for Thanks Giving.